InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Sadly, I do not own Inuyasha. *curses*

 

 

Inuyasha woke up with a start as old memories caught up with the present. The dream coming back in only flashes.

 

He remembered the days when his attackers came at night for him and his mother. He guessed they waited until the Witching Hour when the moon was directly center in the sky. His mother, although human, seemed to always sense when they were about to attack because she always had him hide in the very small cubbyhole at the back of the house.

 

He couldn't ever see anything but he always heard his mother's screams and wished he knew what it was they wanted so he could stop them from hurting her any further. But the next morning his mother would only act like nothing ever happened. He remembered life being like that everyday until the night she died.

 

In her dying words she told him to take the box hidden under the floorboards and run to…

 

"Inuyasha!" a voice said as Inuyasha came out of the past.

 

Kagome was looking up at him from where she stood at the base of the tree where he was sat. Concern washed over her features. She looked as though she had been there a while; watching him as he drowned himself in his memories of his childhood.

 

"Inuyasha, you've been so deep in thought lately. You've had us all worried that something might be up." She said as she looked toward the others to make sure they were all asleep.

 

"Feh! You should be worried. Naraku still has all of those jewel shards." He jumped down from the branch he'd been sitting on and started to walk away.

 

"It's not Naraku to which we are worried about. It's the fact that there's something you are keeping from us that has us troubled!" She was just about to tell him to `sit' when it happened. The air thickened around them and no less than a dozen or so demons came into the clearing.