InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Untitled ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Note: Hey guys. Well, gust a small oneshot I wrote for writing competition. I didn't win anything with it but I thought you guys might like it. Kinda sad but... I wish InuYasha would have been there but unfortunately, he wasn't. Maybe this is the start of a new story... we'll find out.
 
Prompt: Powerless. Use this word as the main theme of your story or essay.
 
Dedication: Rachele. Love you.
 
Untitled
 
I scramble across the plus carpet, tears streaming down my cheeks as the pain washes over me.
“Where do you think you're going?” his dark, evil voice asks and I pause, too afraid to move. “Trying to escape me eh?” Pain suddenly fills my back and I cry out. Another kick to my side and I am lying down, clutching my wound.
“What have I told you about trying to leave? But do you listen? No!” And once again I am kicked, this time in the stomach. I cough only to realize that out comes splatters of blood.
“Please...” I beg, closing my eyes as the tears continue to wash down my cheeks, “please daddy... I'm sorry, I'm sorry.”
“You better be bitch!” my father snaps. He bends down and wraps his large and powerful hand around my black curly hair before he yanks it upward, pulling me to his face. I cry out again, this time softer than the last.
“If you ever disobey me and try to run again, I'll kill you. Understand?” I try to murmur a soft yes but the word won't come and my voice is like it is lost, as if someone has stolen it from me.
“I said, understand?!” my father shouts once again into my face, shaking my head. Fear must have found my stolen voice for I am able to murmur a soft yes. “Good.”
Suddenly my legs hit the ground along with my head as my father drops me before leaving the room. I stay there, lying in my own tears and blood. I am so powerless to the man I live with, the man who raises me, the man who beats me.
Ever since my mother died, my father has vented his anger out on me, like I was made just as a punching bag for his enjoyment. And I am always so powerless to his bone-crushing might. I would find myself here, like I am now, lying in pain on the ground, surrounded by my own blood, and my tears staining my cheeks.
And there is no way to stop him. I can never tell anyone for if I did, he would hunt me down and kill me, like a hunter and a deer. He is the hunter, the strong powerful hunter, and I am the deer, the weak, fearful dear. For just like the deer, I am powerless to the hunter's might.
My father's loud footsteps awaken me from my stupor on and he charges through the floor, rage clearly obvious on his flushed face.
“You!” he cries before hurtling himself at me, wrapping his powerful hands around my slender neck. “You...” he says again, this time more coolly, “I found it Kagome, I found your secret.” He whispers and I can feel his grasp slowly tighten. “The answering machine.”
I gasp, finally realizing what he means. It had been my last hope of survival. My way, trying to turn myself from a powerless deer, into a sly fox, and it had failed. I had changed the answering machine's message, me pleading for someone to rescue me, and then turned the machine's volume all the way down. My last trick and he had figured it out.
“Die,” my father whispers again. This time the pressure from his hands crushes down upon me and I gasp out in pain. Black specs begin to cloud my view and I claw powerlessly at his rough hands.
I was the deer and he was the hunter. The powerful hunter and the powerless deer. The hunter had succeeded.
 
Note: Just a sad oneshot. Maybe I'll turn it into a story. Who knows eh? Anyways, I got the best out of six other people (1/6) and got a superior rating of 97 (97/100). Not bad eh? And all in 40 minutes. It was originally in third person but I changed it in the last five minutes. So, hope yall enjoyed it... well, ya.
 
Length: 2 Typed Pages, 3 Written Pages