InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Violation of Honor ❯ Chapter 35 – Reunion of Lovers ( Chapter 35 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Violation of Honor

By Rinseternalsoul

**Disclaimer: I can only dream of having the money that Rumiko Takahashi makes off of her anime, Inuyasha. Me? I’m just a non-profit fanfiction author who adores the show and loves to write smut.

 

Chapter 35 – Reunion of Lovers

A/N: What can I say about all of the wonderful reviews that you guys have been leaving? How's this...THANK YOU! It is thrilling to read them and discover how much you are enjoying my story.

A big thanks to Risa for all of her help in the grammar, spelling and punctuation department. I appreciate your hard work—especially your input in my brainstorming sessions! Here it is everyone... The chapter that you have been waiting for. Discover Miroku's fate and follow Sesshomaru and Kagome as they reunite their passion! Happy reading!


 

His speckled-gray mount soared over the lush countryside, villages and farms. Uchuu regally sat during his journey with the wind beating wildly against his thick mane and his tail serpentinely coiled around the youkai horse's muscular back. The sky was blue and the day young.

Uchuu was looking forward to his arrival at Kagome's village. He had missed the miko—even though it was only a few days since Asuza's destruction. His current mission had offered him an opportunity to stop and visit his friend and he refused to pass it up.

Uchuu's heart beat a little faster when he thought about the information he had recently obtained. Iku's whereabouts had come from a spy that his brother had recently placed within Oda Nobunaga's army. It had been rather easy since the human seemed to recruit as many youkai warriors as would join his ranks.

The missive stated that Iku had recently been spotted in the capitol of Kyoto while paying a visit to the infamous daimyo himself. Hyuuga was curious of Iku's business with Nobunaga, but that was not Uchuu's main concern. He had to admit, it would be prudent to discover Iku's business with the daimyo. The human was not one to take lightly. After Asuza's demise it was doubtful the Oda leader had any more use for the bird, but they were meeting for some reason. That was a known fact. Was Nobunaga going to continue keeping Iku in his service?

Uchuu didn't really give a shit, either way. As far as he was concerned, Iku was a dead duck.

As he passed over a small village just North of Kagome's home, he noticed the signs of a battle below. There were fires beginning to die down and dust just starting to settle. The villagers’ darted around like a disturbed nest of bees. He spotted dozens of dead demon bodies littering the ground, and then he saw a very familiar red-clad figure.

Uchuu grinned and reigned his horse, Koorisuji, into a downward spiral. Minute shivers of ice rolled from beneath the equestrian's hooves as he made the rapid decent. "Inuyasha!" Uchuu called out as the horse touched ground, galloping to a spirited stop. The big horse blew harshly through its flared nostrils, rearing and twisting around while the heavy gray mane tossed in time to the slash of its long matching tail.

"Will you get a handle on that thing?" Inuyasha growled. "You're scaring the villagers!"

Uchuu laughed and swung down from his saddle. "Nothing to fear here folks! I'm harmless!"

"Unless you count the stench of monkey," Inuyasha snidely added.

Uchuu chose to ignore the comment and gave a wide smile to the humans that gathered around. Unfortunately, he didn't consider the gesture would only terrify them more when they got a good look at his long, sharp fangs. It took only a few screams and one woman fainting before he realized it was useless. With a chiding wave of his hand, he dispersed the jittery crowd and turned his attention on Inuyasha.

"What's going on here?"

Inuyasha shrugged his shoulder and made a motion behind him by snapping his head. "We got word this village was being attacked by demons. Got here to find they had their hands full. The greedy bastards were after their recent harvest, but when that ran out, they decided they would finish up with a little red meat. We got 'em though. I just killed the last one before you showed up."

"Is Kagome with you?" Uchuu asked. With all the blood and demon guts everywhere, it was hard to pick up her scent.

Oddly enough, Inuyasha shook his head and turned away from him. Uchuu was about to ask what the hell was going on when Inuyasha said, "She's not here. Sesshomaru left to go after her just before Sango and I came here."

"Is she in trouble?"

"No." Inuyasha then added under is breath. "No more than usual."

Uchuu was curious about Inuyasha's strange attitude. He seemed...tired. Not tired in a physical way either, but tired in a mental way. Had he and Sesshomaru talked about Kagome? He suspected as much, but he was not too keen on asking Inuyasha. The hanyou acted like he was unwilling to talk about it, so he decided not to push.

"I was on my way to Kyoto and thought that I would stop by to visit her. Where is she?"

Inuyasha stamped down the aggravation he felt. It wasn't Uchuu's fault that Kagome loved Sesshomaru. Before arriving here in this village, he would have been less inclined to see the reasoning in that. At the time, he had really wanted to beat the hell out of something, so he was relieved to have been able to take his wrath out on those disgusting demons. If it weren't for the opportunity to work his frustration out on them, Uchuu's visit would have ended a whole lot differently.

Now he was simply tired of worrying over it. He didn't want to think about waking up and not having Kagome there to greet him good morning with a smile. She was a constant in his life that he had become dependent on. And now, he was being forced to let her go. He had to because he loved her.

Finally, Inuyasha turned around and shook his head at the snow monkey. "I have no idea where she is." He relayed the story of the soldiers and Miroku's determination that he knew a place where Kagome would be safe. After an extremely shortened version of Sesshomaru's visit, Uchuu nodded in understanding. Inuyasha could see the knowledge in Uchuu's expressive eyes. Obviously, the guy already knew about Kagome and Sesshomaru. Big surprise there. The hanyou is always the last to know. Sometimes he wondered if Shippo was right, and he was a big brainless idiot.

Thankfully, Uchuu didn't say anything. Instead, he just turned around and mounted his horse. The beast pranced around excitedly, eager to take flight. Uchuu held up a fist. "Sayonara, Inuyasha. When you see Kagome again, tell her that I stopped by!"

"Yeah, whatever," Inuyasha grumbled before turning to go seek out Sango. The last time he saw her, she was helping to bandage some of the villagers’ wounds.

+++++

In a short while, Uchuu passed over Edo village. There was no need to stop since Kagome wasn't there, so he decided to head straight for Kyoto. If he hurried, he might even catch Iku while he was still there.

He only stopped once, giving his horse a chance to graze while he enjoyed a light meal that Sumiho had packed. As soon as possible, he was mounted again and on his way. He was enjoying the ride, looking down over the beautiful hills and valleys below. The rising sun was glorious overhead, and he was in pretty good spirits. Finally destroying Iku would make it perfect.

Then he spotted the fires.

Whatever was burning in the distance was huge. He would have thought it a forest fire, but the billowing smoke clouds were colored too darkly. Uchuu considered checking it out, but the fires were southwest of his destination. It would delay his arrival in Kyoto, giving Iku a greater chance of escape. Still, he felt compelled to investigate. It was rare to see such a large territory on fire.

After inwardly debating a moment, Uchuu decided that he could spare the time. After all, he had not stopped long when talking to Inuyasha, so he was actually ahead of schedule. He drew the reigns over Koorisuji's neck. The horse that he had—at two years of age—dubbed Icy Muscle, veered to the left, leaving a trail of ice slivers melting behind him. Uchuu directed the stallion toward the burning mountain beyond. The raging orange and red was a beautiful sight, but one that was filled with destruction and death. The closer he got, Uchuu could smell the burning human flesh. The scent of blood was thick in the air. Not only was the fire wildly ablaze, but the aftermath of the human battle that had recently taken place was staggering. Bodies littered the ground everywhere.

Uchuu routed his mount around the billowing clouds of smoke drifting skyward, and then he swept closer to the ground. On his third pass, just beyond the mountain and surrounding hillsides, Uchuu spotted an unexpectedly familiar figure.

Lord Sesshomaru.

+++++

After watching Oda Nobunaga half running, half stumbling away in the distance, Sesshomaru turned to Kagome. His voice was smooth and deep—a low uttering spawned by relief and eagerness. "Put your arm around my neck. Allow this Sesshomaru to carry you."

She smiled and a soft blush peeked through the smudges of dirt on her face. She attempted to deny her need for assistance, but he had no interest in her pride or her capabilities. He wanted to hold her. Ignoring her weak protests, Sesshomaru promptly lifted her into his arms. The feeling of having her close again finally soothed the ever-present need churning inside of him. Unfortunately, it gave birth to another familiar need that was entirely inappropriate for the moment. Considering everything that Kagome had recently been through, he could hardly expect her to reciprocate the untimely spark of desire.

He began thrumming a soothing baritone cadence from deep within his chest. Almost immediately, Kagome relaxed against him. There was no wariness or doubt in her action. Sesshomaru could feel her trust—her love—radiating around him. This was what he had been longing for. This was where he belonged.

Putting his duty of the West second to Kagome was the hardest thing that he had ever had to do. If his people revolted against his taking of a human mate—as they had his father—then he would lose everything that he had worked so hard for. The worry over that decision had been suffocating. Even though he longed for his miko, he continually questioned himself, wondering if he was doing the right thing.

Here, with her in his arms, he no longer questioned his sanity. It was crystal clear. This was the right thing to do. This was the way it was meant to be. She was a part of him, and he would be nothing without her. Second-guessing was behind him now, and it felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

Sesshomaru looked down, slowly taking in her tired, smut-smudged features. Even beneath a layer of filth, she was beautiful because her loveliness was not merely physical, but spiritual as well. Kagome had a beautiful heart and mind. She was everything that he had ever dreamt of in a mate.

The fact that she was human was an impediment that he was willing to accept. It did not make her less of a woman—less of a fighter, it made her more. Unfortunately, with mortality, there were drawbacks that a youkai mate would have to accept. As terrible as it was to consider, he would lose Kagome in just a few decades to the ravages of mortal aging. The thought of losing her was like a knife through his heart, but it was something that he was willing to suffer in order to have her now. Yes, her precious time was limited, but he would strive to make every moment they were together count.

An emotionally exhausted Kagome was fast asleep when Sesshomaru sensed a demon approaching. He looked to the skies, currently gray from clouds of smoke, and searched for the presence he felt. His eyes could not clearly discern the figure, as the smoke was impressive camouflage for the pale steed of the snow monkey. The jyaki was familiar though, and it quickly became apparent that Uchuu was near.

When the large youkai horse landed, Uchuu jovially greeted him, but after spotting the slight form of Kagome asleep in Sesshomaru's arms, he dismounted and leapt to her side.

"Is she alright?"

Sesshomaru nodded and pulled Kagome a little closer. She moaned softly in her sleep, and he had to control the unnatural urge to smile.

"What happened to her?"

Sesshomaru met the blue eyes of a youkai that he would oddly label as 'friend'. He and Uchuu shared a bond that went beyond the normal acquaintance. They had suffered under the same tormentors—bled in the same hell. He trusted the monkey explicitly, and he knew without doubt that Uchuu put the same faith in him. It was odd. He had never possessed a friend before. He had servants and he had enemies, but he never had a friend—someone that he could feel comfortable around that never expected to be rewarded or chastised.

Since the days of Naraku, many things had changed.

"The human soldiers of Oda Nobunaga attacked the sacred mountain. Mt. Hiei was razed to the ground. The monk that normally travels with Kagome has been slain. The mortal daimyo captured her, but this Sesshomaru easily relieved him of his prize."

As Sesshomaru recalled the recent events, he realized the perfect opportunity to wrap up a certain loose end. "It would seem that our mutual enemy, Iku, sought to obtain Kagome in order to use her against this Sesshomaru. The bird used the battle as a means to gain access to the miko through the spiritual barrier found around the mountain. He nearly succeeded. This Sesshomaru stopped him just in time."

"Iku?" Uchuu growled. "You killed him?" The monkey prince was torn by Sesshomaru's announcement. He had hoped to kill the bird himself. Although he was glad that the disgusting bastard had not succeeded in capturing Kagome, he was equally disappointed that he didn't get to strike the blow himself.

Surprisingly, Sesshomaru suddenly gave him hope. "The bird still lives—painfully—but very much alive."

This considerably brightened Uchuu's day. "Where?"

Sesshomaru nodded ahead. "Near the base of the mountain straight ahead. Iku lies beside the path unable to move due to substantial injuries that will not bring death to a youkai of his strength." The taiyoukai paused for a moment, staring into Uchuu's eyes with meaning. "I would have him delivered to my dungeon."

Uchuu shook his head. "I'll finish him off for you."

Sesshomaru barked his reply, "No! This Sesshomaru is not finished with him."

Uchuu considered Sesshomaru's remark—completely understanding the need for vengeance. "Fine then. I will deliver him to your dungeon at the Western Citadel, IF you allow me a chance to repay him for the crimes against me." Uchuu looked away, huffed, then growled low. "The fucking bastard was responsible for the loss of my tail!"

Since Sesshomaru was obligated to take Kagome to find the monk, he was unable to transport Iku to the Citadel. Uchuu's timely arrival was working to his advantage. It would be prudent to get the bird into chains before he healed further and managed to escape his fate. It was not possible to expel the poison from his system, but the small amount administered would hardly kill him. Iku could live for an indefinite period, even with the traces of Dakkasou in his blood—a wretchedly painful existence, but nothing compared to what lay ahead of him in the bowels of Sesshomaru's dungeon.

The bird will beg to die!

"Agreed. Deliver him to my guards." As an afterthought he added, " After Iku is properly contained, return to the north and retrieve your mate. This Sesshomaru extends an invitation to you both. While we take care of certain 'sordid details', our mates may enjoy a visit."

Uchuu gave Sesshomaru a wicked grin. Oh, they would have such a great time repaying Iku for his pain. Uchuu determined that he really liked Sesshomaru's way of thinking. He then glanced at the sleeping Kagome and asked, "Will you tell her about Iku?"

Sesshomaru did not hesitate in his reply. "No."

Uchuu nodded, accepting the inu's decision. It wasn't necessary to tell their human women everything. The sensitive females would be less inclined to agree with the violent retribution their youkai mates intended for the bird.

+++++

Kirara crept close to the edge of what was once the Mount Hiei’s spiritual barrier. She sniffed the ground while holding one tiny paw up with indecision. It smelled diminished, but was it really? She hated getting burned with spiritual energy, not to mention it had a habit of putting her to sleep, draining her like the hot sun over a small puddle. Again she sniffed. Traces were still present, but something was very different than the last time she had been here.

She put her paw down and took a look around. Smoke was boiling up everywhere. Fires raged over the mountain. The smell of human blood and burning flesh was nearly enough to wipe out the slight, pure scent of the barrier. There was so much death here that it made her fur stand on end.

Her mistress sent her after Miroku. He was supposed to be here, in this exact spot, waiting. It worried her that he was not. The monk was reasonable and responsible—for the most part—he would have been here if he could. That, of course, meant that something was keeping him. The battle had been fierce, and it seemed the monks had not prevailed. It was a serious reason for concern. Her mistress cared deeply for the monk. In truth, she did as well.

At last, Kirara determined that she had no choice—she was going to have to brave the barrier. Hopefully it was diminished to the point that it would not affect her greatly.

Deciding that it would best be tackled in her fully transformed state, Kirara burst into a ball of flame. She roared with the feeling of demonic energy sweeping through the very marrow of her bones. It took only seconds to grow into the huge fearsome firecat, and without pondering the situation further, she leapt through what was once a major barrier for any demon.

It tingled unpleasantly, but failed to strike her down. With a huff of relief, Kirara set out to find Miroku.

It took longer than she would have liked. The death surrounding her was thick and the smell of blood was enough to make her tremble. Demons would come soon—hungry and vicious without a brain in their head except for hunting food. The remnants of the barrier would stave them off for a time, but not long. Not with this tempting meal waiting on the other side.

Once she spotted the fallen monk, Kirara hurried toward him. She glanced around for signs of danger, also keeping a look out for Kagome. The miko was nowhere to be found, and it seemed the victorious soldiers were retreating from the mountain. Had they taken her?

Miroku was lying face down in the dirt surrounded by a pool of his own blood—unmoving. She couldn't see his face because of the long, messy fall of hair blocking her view. She leaned down and nuzzled against his cheek, attempting to push the hair aside and determine if he was still alive. He made no motion of recognition and the hair fell right back over his face. Getting upset now, Kirara snorted a harsh breath of air through her nostrils, sending his hair flying out of her way. Still, he made no movement.

The human was very pale. She could smell death—yet there was something else there too. What was it?

Kirara leaned down again, her giant muzzle sniffing along Miroku's prone body, before she finally chanced a lick to his face. Her large eyes grew even wider when the monk made a soft noise and slightly moved. Surprised—she had been almost positive that he was dead—she growled softly and licked him again. She knew then that she had not been imagining things. The monk was still alive!

+++++

Something was licking him. Something big and possessing a very rough tongue. It felt somewhat familiar. At least, he hoped it was familiar; otherwise he was going to be some random demon's supper. "K...Kirara?" he croaked.

The answering rumble assured Miroku that it was, indeed, Kirara. He eased a bit with the knowledge that he was relatively safe. It gave him an opportunity to reflect on his pain. It was bad. Really, really bad. The last thing he remembered was falling to a sword thrust through his back. The rotten scum had attacked him from behind. He had known that he was dying. Miroku had seen enough death to know what sort of wound was going to kill him. It had been a deathblow. Yet...he was still alive.

The pain was terrible, but not unbearable. He lay there a moment longer, trying to gather his reserve. Finally, he shifted his arms and began the agonizing task of pushing himself up. He cried out with the effort—the wound burning and throbbing as if it were freshly made. Once he was sitting up, he pushed his robes back to inspect the hole in his chest. He took a deep breath to build his confidence before daring to look at it, praying to Buddha that it would hold until he could reach help.

Miroku's violet eyes grew huge as he wiped away enough of the blood to see the wound that went completely through his body. It was deep, but inexplicably mending before his very eyes! Even as he watched, he could see the blood flow easing to a trickle—his raw, opened flesh knitting back together. "What...?" Dear Buddha! This was a miracle beyond anything that he had ever seen! Well, on a human that is. Inuyasha's half youkai body had the ability to knit a wound as easily, but no human possessed such healing powers!

He looked away and to the ground where he had lain. The blood—his blood—was everywhere. How could he have survived this? How was it that his body was mending before his very eyes?

Was it Buddha?

Miroku shook his head. The answer was there, in the back of his mind. It was not his Buddha that brought about this change. This was another side effect of the amulet's red dust. It had to be. The dust that he inhaled had changed him in more ways than one.

"Miroku! Kirara!"

Miroku heard the sound of Kagome's voice and looked up from his battered body. She was there, just in the distance, being carried by Lord Sesshomaru. Miroku blinked, reaching up to rub his eyes. Was he seeing things now? No. A second look proved it. Kagome was indeed being carried in the arms of Lord Sesshomaru.

Miroku shook his head and mumbled, "What else did I miss while I was out?"

Kirara leaned down and licked the side of his face once again. Miroku shifted to stroke a hand over her fur while waiting for Kagome to arrive. He looked up at his feline friend and said, "There is much mystery here, Kirara, but I must say that I am very happy to be alive."

Kagome couldn't believe it! Miroku was not dead after all! She had been overwhelmed with grief for nothing. He was alive! She was so excited to see him sitting up with Kirara by his side that she was nearly giddy with relief. She wiggled so much that Sesshomaru finally chastised her for it. "Be still, miko."

Kagome giggled and replied, "I'm sorry. Besides, it was your idea to carry me."

Sesshomaru looked down fondly at her dirty, tear-stained face with a soft smile. He had feared for her. She was so upset over the death of her friend that he was reluctant to let her walk. Seeing the light—no matter how small—once again shining in her blue eyes made his chest swell with emotion.

She had slept most of the way, only awakening as they began to climb the mountain. As they passed hundreds of dead humans and livestock, she had been very quiet. The retreating soldiers of the Oda clan were everywhere, but Sesshomaru was able to easily avoid an encounter by scenting them out.

The battlefield here was one of the worst aftermaths of human war that he had ever witnessed. By his estimation, there were probably in excess of twenty thousand dead. Thousands of shrines, denizens and monasteries were burnt to the ground. There was little remaining except the charred skeletal remains of once proud buildings and a sea of bloody corpses.

It was a wonder how his sweet miko could even speak amidst such suffering. It never ceased to amaze him how resilient she was. Even surrounded by the death of her kind, she found a focus that distracted her from the painful emotions brewing in her mind. He could see how upset the outcome of this battle made her, and he was reluctant to bring her into the midst of it yet again. Unfortunately, she had been adamant about seeking out the monk, and it would have been futile to attempt to change her mind.

Even he, Sesshomaru, felt a sense of relief upon discovering the monk alive. The soul gatherers moved at a swift pace, and he had a bit of doubt that they would arrive in time to save the monk from final death. Even then, Tenseiga could have denied him the rebirth. Sometimes his father's fang was quite fickle. It would have brought him pain to disappoint Kagome.

"Please, Sesshomaru, let me down now," Kagome urged. He could see the eagerness to examine the monk in her eyes. He reluctantly nodded and allowed her to slide from his arms. It pleased him that she did not immediately move away, instead standing against him for a moment and smiling up at him. "Thank you," she softly murmured, before leaning up toward him in a very familiar way. Sesshomaru eagerly pulled her against him before sweeping down to accept her kiss.

The meeting of lips was not normally a youkai tradition. Females of his kind held little affection unless seeking to perform the act of mating. Even then they were too voracious to offer tender sentiments such as a gentle kiss.

Each time Kagome's pillow, soft lips met his, it caused his insides to ache in a sensually pleasant way. Sesshomaru determined that kissing was very enjoyable, and he intended to pursue it to the point of rapture—when he finally had his miko alone.

All too soon the gentle press of lips had ended. He enjoyed the almost shy response his miko gave him afterward nearly as much as the act itself. Unfortunately, she was much too worried for her friend to stay and pursue the moment longer, and besides, this was hardly the place for them to further explore their romantic inclinations.

'Romance'. Saying the word in his mind brought out the urge to huff at the ridiculous notion. It was a latent response from his past life. A world where he was a taiyoukai and nothing else. He felt love for nothing and no one, only a burning passion to conquer. It was a lonely existence, and one that he did not wish to go back to. Romance might be a ridiculous notion, but he embraced it gratefully. It offered him more hope than he had ever experienced in his long life.

"Miroku! I can't believe you are alive!" Kagome cried as she sank down beside of him before reaching out and pulling him to her in a fierce hug. Immediately she pulled away and began to push at his robes, rushing to survey the extent of damage left behind. "Here, let me see. I can wrap it up until we get to a safer place."

Miroku allowed Kagome her way, waiting until the moment that she realized...

"Oh...dear Kami above!" The words came out in a harsh gasp of disbelief. Kagome blinked and looked again. This was not right. She had seen him take the blow that should have ended his life. The sword had penetrated his back, coming out through his chest. She saw it with her own two eyes! "I...don't understand."

Miroku reached up and held her hand against the miraculously healing wound. He looked her straight in the eyes and told her what he thought. "Kagome, I am sure that what you witnessed would have been the death of me. Yet, here I am—alive. It is my belief that the red dust from Asuza's amulet has changed my body in this way."

Kagome dumbly nodded her head, keeping Miroku's strict gaze. Yes. She understood perfectly. The strange red dust had changed them both. Was she now able to heal in the same way?

Sesshomaru stepped closer upon seeing the surprised expression on Kagome's face. The wound on the monk's chest looked superficial at best. It was hardly a deathblow. Then the monk explained. His curiosity was peaked. It seemed the blow had been a fatal one, but the monk's body was healing itself at a rapid rate. He attributed the newfound ability to the Amulet of Coactum and the red dust that came with its destruction. As strange as it seemed, Sesshomaru was inclined to agree.

It was the only answer. Humans did not heal thus.

His golden eyes settled on Kagome. She looked stunned at the monk's revelation and he had a good idea why. Not only had the monk inhaled the dust, but Kagome and the other mortals had as well. Rin. Had she also gained this unusual trait? Was his ward now something more than human?

Sesshomaru bent beside of Kagome, squatting to further inspect the monk's wound. Kagome held the bloody robes open, giving him room to see. He watched the tissue even as it threaded back together—the blood ceasing to flow. It was impressive and the implications were vast. He turned his attention to Kagome. Curious now of his miko's own healing powers. She had shown an untold increase in healing potential after the battle at Asuza's castle. Did that ability extend to her own wounds?

"Are you...immortal?" The words came as a mere whisper of sound from his lips.

Kagome held his gaze. He could see the uncertainty in her eyes. With it he saw fear of the unknown. Sesshomaru reached out and gently cradled her face in his large hand, offering a moment of comfort. "Do not fear, Kagome. We shall uncover the truth."

"That's what I am afraid of," Kagome murmured. What if it was true? What if she and Miroku were destined for prolonged lives while everyone they knew and loved died around them?

"Now is not the time for this."

Sesshomaru was right. She wanted to leave this place as quickly as possible. There would be time later to ponder the implications of immortality. Kagome gave a curt nod of her head. "Hai. Let's get moving."

Sesshomaru stood and offered his hand. She smiled softly and took it, allowing him to help her stand. She then turned her attention to Miroku, who seemed a little dazed, but able. He made a clumsy rise, swayed for an uncertain moment, and then returned her smile.

Suddenly Kagome squealed, "The kids!"

Miroku's eyes grew wide in understanding. "I nearly forgot!"

Together they hurried past the charred rubble toward the community well. Miroku and Kagome knelt and began shoving stone and smoking wood away. As soon as possible, Miroku called inside. "Children? Are you there? Children!"

A cough was the first sign of life. Another joined the first, and soon seven little bodies squeezed through the opening, blinking and looking around. Kagome grabbed the two nearest her and pulled them into a hug. "You are alive!" Miroku did the same, offering comfort to the distraught and dazed orphans.

Sesshomaru knew that the children were alive as soon as they approached the stone well. It was interesting to watch Kagome's reaction to the event. Her joy seemed to have an affect on him no matter what the situation. Even the emergence of seven scraggly human children—that would require assistance and protection—could not dampen his spirits. Seeing Kagome's relief and smiles eased any irritation he felt at the delay.

Even amongst the surrounding death and carnage, Kagome would carry on—her resilience an admirable trait.

Kagome reached out with a smile to take the little girl's hand. "Come on sweetie. It's going to be okay." Her heart was heating her chest with a warm glow. The children have survived. Miroku was alive. It was more than she had hoped for. It reminded her of something that her mother used to say. "There is always a light at the end of the tunnel." As the girl finally grasped onto her hand with a scared, but trusting look, Kagome had to agree with her mom. A truer saying there never was.

Thinking back over the last few months, Kagome had experienced some pretty awful moments. There were times when she felt like giving up. It was difficult and the situations seemed insurmountable. At times it looked like she would never be cut a break. But, just as her mom always said would happen, the light began to shine through. Even when the darkness appeared to be never ending, time always proved that it would not last. The tunnels were long and bleak at times, but there was always light at the end.

Even here, at the top of a once sacred mountain where thousands lay dead and dying, there was hope.

The children they had hidden were still alive and that was enough for now.

She and Miroku began ushering the clinging youngsters toward the same path that they had tried to leave by before the battle ever began. Sesshomaru stopped them before they made it far.

"That way is infested with Oda soldiers. In fact, they are littered amongst the area, obviously seeking to finish their task. Might this Sesshomaru suggest a different route?"

Miroku and Kagome both turned to the taiyoukai with widely surprised expressions. Had Sesshomaru just asked their opinion? Was that even possible? Kagome shook her head for a second, remembering that he was no longer the haughty, cold youkai that she once knew. Sesshomaru had been through a lot, and he was changed considerably from it. She smiled at him—proud that he would be so considerate as to ask—and awed that she was experiencing such feelings over Lord Sesshomaru. It was all still a little hard to believe.

"Of course, Lord Sesshomaru," Miroku supplied, realizing that Kagome was a little dumb struck by that sparkling glazed look in her eyes. Sesshomaru only glanced in his direction, nodding curtly, before turning back to meet Kagome's gaze. Miroku had to stamp down the urge to chuckle. The great and deadly taiyoukai looked positively smitten!

As quickly as it began, the moment was over and Sesshomaru abruptly turned away, leading Miroku, Kagome, Kirara and seven scraggly orphans off of Mount Hiei.

+++++

Their names were Jun, a slender boy who claimed twelve summers, and shy, little Natsumi who was two years younger. Oddly enough, after some of the grime was wiped away, Miroku discovered that the two inseparable six year old boys were twins, Haru and Hoshu. The one holding his hand, silent except for three occasions when he sadly asked about his mother, was called Tatsuhiro. The talkative twins claimed that he was one year younger than them in age. Holding Kagome's hand was Chitose. Miroku figured the boy around four, but it was hard to tell. When asked he held up two fingers and when asked again, he held up five. So far, he had been unable to get Chitose to talk. The child seemed to be in a perpetual daze. Currently on Kagome's hip was the youngest of their seven orphans, Kameyo. Miroku had no idea how old the toddler was. Kagome said she looked close to two. Jun knew the child's name because their fathers were friends, but Jun was unaware of the little girl's age.

Seven illegitimate children of Sohei warrior monks. All without a home or a family to care for them.

What would become of them? It worried him greatly. He felt a responsibility to them. They had suffered so much. He remembered that horrible day when he watched his own fearless father being sucked up into the unleashed Kazaana. The helplessness and terror that he felt were staggering even now. Had it not been for Mushin, a friend of his father, he would have had nowhere to go. He might have died of starvation or been forced into a life of labor by an unkind village headman. As it happened, Mushin raised him well, teaching him the ways of Buddha. The old drunk was often too inebriated to be much of a stand-in for his father, but they still managed.

These children had no one. They were completely alone in the world.

The idea came to him then, and Miroku began to smile. Yes. It was a good decision. He craved children of his own, and for years has been denied them by his curse. Now he suffered another strange malady that had changed him beyond reckoning. Discovering that he suffered yet another curse of his body only made him more certain that now was not the time to birth a child from his loins. That did not mean that he could not take these children as his own. He would be a father. They might not be of his blood, but they would still be his family.

"What are you thinking about, Miroku? That's an awfully big smile on your face."

Miroku looked at Kagome walking next to him and his smile brightened even more. "I have been pondering the fates of these precious children, Kagome, and at last I have come to a decision. Already my heart is filling with joy. It is the right thing to do."

Kagome smiled back, happy to see her friend alive and smiling. "Yeah? What's your plan?"

"I shall bring them home with me. They will become part of my family."

The smile slipped from Kagome's face and her eyes grew huge. She looked around, doing a mental tally, even though she knew exactly how many of the children walked around them. She then croaked the question. "All seven?"

Miroku nodded assuredly. "Hai. All seven of them are precious and need love. I will raise them as my own and have the children that I have always wanted.

"Uh...aren't you forgetting something?" Kagome asked, still shocked by his decision to take on all seven of them.

He looked curious for a moment, and then cocked his head. "No, I don't think so." She continued to stare at him as if he had suddenly lost his mind. "What?"

"Your wife, baka! Did you consider how Sango would react to suddenly having seven kids?"

Miroku appeared a little shocked. It was pretty obvious that he had not thought that far. Kagome shook her head in chastisement. "Miroku, you need to consider Sango's feelings before making such a big decision. Seven children are a huge responsibility. Especially when they are all acquired at the same time."

"Hmm..." Miroku considered. She did have a point. Sango might not be as pleased with his idea as he was. With a nod, he offered his thanks to Kagome. "Yes, you are probably right. I will speak to her as soon as we arrive home. I would not force her to accept them if she is against it, though it will sadden me to let them go."

Feeling relieved after hearing his promise, Kagome returned to her own silent contemplations. She shifted the little girl, Kameyo to her right hip. To be so small, she was beginning to get heavy. Jun, the oldest was quick to hold out his arms, offering to relieve her of the burden. Kagome nodded, and shifted to pass her to the boy. Kameyo only protested a moment, but then settled in the familiar boy's arms.

Kagome stretched her arms and shoulders, working out the tension in her back. Suddenly a large, strong hand pressed warmly against her back just before Sesshomaru stepped up beside of her. Kagome smiled up at him. "Did you find water?"

"Hai. Just ahead there is a group of jutting rocks. There is a stream through the forest beyond. Not far."

"Oh, good. It's getting late. The children are tired. Is it safe to make camp there?"

Sesshomaru nodded once. He had screened the area for danger and there appeared to be none. Only a few small, low-level youkai, and a rodent or two, but they would not approach the firelight. There was plenty of dry wood, and the stream was rich with fish. It would be a good camp for the night.

It was also within flying distance of a certain cave—one that he had not been back to since he and Kagome made love the first night of their freedom.

Patience is a virtue. That is what his father used to say. It was a creed that he had lived by for centuries, and thought himself quite good at it. Today, however, he was not feeling patient at all. Sesshomaru thought he might go mad while watching Kagome and the monk preparing the camp for the night. The oldest children gathered some wood for the fire. The young ones cried for their lost parents, only stopping when offered a flaky morsel of fish that had been cooked over the fire.

After everyone was fed and curled up against one another to sleep, Sesshomaru decided that the monk appeared to have the situation under control. He made his way to Kagome, coming up behind her and leaning down to whisper against her ear. "Come with me, Kagome."

Kagome was still tingling from the deeply uttered words whispered so sensually against her ear. Goosebumps appeared all over her body while her mouth watered as if she were starving and about to receive her first meal in days. In a way, that was true.

As Sesshomaru slipped a strong arm securely around her waist, Kagome thought of the last time she had been alone with her silent youkai. It had been an incredible experience and one that she often longed to recreate. How would it be now that he was no longer silent? How would it feel to hear Sesshomaru's voice whispering her praise? The thought sent a sliver of heat spiraling into her core. She moaned softly as he pulled her against him.

"Hold tight, my sweet. We will be traveling fast."

Kagome gasped as her world transformed into a shimmering ball of translucent light. She was no longer formed of solid mass. Instead her body seemed to become insubstantial, yet so much more. Sesshomaru held her, and as their bodies transformed to take flight, he seemed to surround her in his presence. She could feel him everywhere, touching her, caressing her, breathing life into her very soul.

The world passed beneath them in a blur of unrecognizable darkness. She trusted him to know the way. She didn't have a clue where he was taking her, but wherever it was, she was more than willing to go.

As one, the two of them soared through the midnight sky. Kagome was beginning to adjust to the unusual feeling of being without form, but when they suddenly descended, hitting a body of water at unimaginable speeds, she released a soundless scream of surprise. Almost as quickly, the moment was done. They burst from the water and hit air. Sesshomaru transformed them back into their solid forms, but did not pause in his motion. His feet hit the ground, yet he never slowed down. Kagome could do nothing except clutch her face to his chest and close her eyes. They were moving through a dark cavern at speeds she could never guess. Her heart was racing with exhilaration, but not out of fear. She knew that Sesshomaru would never hurt her.

They came to a stop, deep within a maze of underground caverns. A whispered word from her youkai brought light into the underground world. Kagome looked around in amazement. Feeling the familiarity of the place, but unsure of her location. It was only when he led her a short distance around the bend that she knew where it was he had taken her.

They were in his cave. The one where she had gifted her virginity to a silent lover.

Only, now, her lover was no longer silent, and she was no longer blind.

Sesshomaru stood watching her. His eyes held a hint of amusement in their golden depths while a deeper look revealed his growing desire. It held her immobile in its intensity. To see, for the first time, those magnificent youkai eyes focused on her with such raw need...It was enough to make her body burn for his touch. His gaze left her face and traveled over her form. The way he devoured her with his eyes, she nearly forgot how horrible she must look. It didn't seem to bother him that she was filthy and ragged. Sesshomaru didn't seem to care at all.

"Take off your clothes."

His voice was a low rumble echoing softly in the underground chamber. The hot spring behind her gurgled lightly, and the humidity in the air made her long to do just as he said. Her hands shook as she held his gaze while reaching up to untie the bindings at her waist. He made no move to help her. He just stood there, watching. It made her feel strange—nervous, but excited as well. Before, she had been afforded a sense of anonymity by her blindness, but here, now, there was nothing standing in her way.

Kagome's red, tattered hakama slid from her hips, but the length of her once white kimono still kept her breasts and womanhood from his view. His eyes traveled downward, greedy for a glimpse of her pale flesh. It was strange to see Lord Sesshomaru in such a state. Odd, but without a doubt, the sexiest thing that she had ever seen.

When she finally pulled the last knot free, she saw his clawed hands twitch. It was as if he were eager to rip the covering from her body, baring her to his gaze. His eyes were focused on her hands, and though she was nervous at exposing herself, she found a thrill at making him wait. Taking time in slipping her hand up to pull the kimono from her shoulders, Kagome was empowered with feminine control. He was like an eager puppy, waiting to be tossed a bone. It made her smile seductively, and that is how Sesshomaru beheld Kagome as the last of her garments slid to the warm stone floor.

Kami...she was magnificent—her petite body full and ripe with soft shapely hips and thighs. Her breasts were round and perfect, succulent and soft, eager for his mouth to devour them. Sesshomaru allowed a smile to curl his lips, showing just a hint of fang. "Delicious," he muttered, before reaching up to remove his armor.

Kagome reddened slightly beneath his hungry declaration, and in her moment of shyness she moved up to help him. He seemed surprised, if not happy to have her so near. His big, warm hands slipped around her waist and pulled her up close. It was an erotic sensation to be completely naked while he was still fully clothed. Kagome imagined herself the helpless beauty captured by a handsome warlord eager to take her body as his prize.

The thought made her giggle. In a way, that was true.

"What do you find humorous, my sweet miko?" His baritone voice caressed her ear as he nuzzled deep against her neck. Kagome moaned and allowed her head to fall back, offering herself to him completely.

"I was just fantasizing," she gasped, as he playfully nipped at the sensitive flesh of her throat.

"Mmm...and what, Kagome, is your fantasy?" He asked before gently licking the shell of her ear.

Kagome blushed, a little too embarrassed to say. "It's silly."

"Nothing you say is so. Not when we are together. Not when we are alone." He moved up, pressing her head softly to the side with one hand and nibbling at her jaw line with soft kisses and tiny nips of his teeth. "When we are alone together, we are free to explore and love in any way that we wish. The world is ours, Kagome. Here, now, and from this moment forward, our lives are an open canvas waiting to be explored."

"Oh...," Kagome panted as his poetic pronouncement brushed across her senses. Who would have thought that Sesshomaru would have such a way with words? It sent a bolt of warmth pooling into her belly, heating her insides and making her body yearn. "Sesshomaru."

The way she said his name brought about a pleased growl from his chest. Sesshomaru tilted her head and took her lips in a possessive kiss, and then forced himself away. He wanted to undress. He wanted to feel her softness against him with no barriers to taint the connection. After lifting his heavy armor, and removing his sword, Sesshomaru allowed Kagome to untie his obi. He watched her breasts swaying with each tug of her slender hands and barely suppressed the urge to reach out and caress them. He denied himself the pleasure. Otherwise, he might never be shed of his clothing.

With clenched fists, Sesshomaru allowed Kagome to undress him. Her small, warm hands brushed over the exposed skin of his neck and the flesh around his wrists. Each movement was a torment of distractions to the eager taiyoukai. His body throbbed for her. His cock was swollen large and thick. His hips ached to thrust and his fingers wished to explore. He refused to rush her, though. He could sense her nervousness. It had been some time since they were together and at the time she had been ignorant of his true identity.

"You are so beautiful," he praised, enjoying her resulting blush.

Her fingers finally slid free the last knot holding his under garment in place. It slipped to the floor around him as she released an almost silent gasp of delight. Sesshomaru was elated with her response. She seemed pleased with his appearance. This was something that he had been denied when she was blind. The appreciative light in her eyes as she roamed his chest and licked her pink lips made him hungry inside.

Almost reverently, Kagome reached up, hovering her outstretched hands just over the surface of his chest. He could feel the heat of them burning him, scorching him with the need for her to touch. He reached up, catching her wrists in a firm grip. Her eyes flashed up to him in surprise. He held her gaze, openly displaying his lust for her in his eyes. "Touch me, Kagome. Feel me."

He pulled her hands to his chest so firmly that he could feel the rapid pulse of her heart thumping from her fingertips. Her breath left her in a rush and her blue eyes grew wide. Slowly he released her, taking his time to stroke her soft skin, gently rubbing his thumb over the underside of her wrist.

Gods, he was spectacular. She remembered how he felt beneath her touch, but the vision was so much more. He was not massively built. His lean muscles were deceptive of his true strength. His chest was hard steel covered in soft, smooth, warm flesh. She could feel his quickened breath as his lungs inhaled and released. He was excited—so was she.

"I have dreamed of this," Kagome murmured before leaning in to kiss the muscles softly. Her hands swept over his chest, tenderly grazing the ridges of his tight form. When she lowered her exploration to brush lightly over his stomach, he groaned.

Kagome looked up, watching the fierce demon lord close his eyes with pleasure. His mouth fell open slightly, giving her a glimpse at the tips of his fangs. As she reached for the tie of his hakama with one hand, she curled the other up around his neck where she could softly stroke the tip of his elfish ear. He made a noise from within his chest that made her quim pulse. She crossed her legs to stave off the ache growing with steady speed. Kagome was enjoying the sights and sounds of her inu lover.

Sesshomaru could not take much more of her gentle touches. They were producing glorious sensations that were pleasantly torturous. His member ached to be free of his constrictive fundoshi. His impatience led to the added assistance of his hands to the task of releasing the final knot in his hakama, situated at the small of his back. Gravity relieved him of the smooth barrier, leaving him naked except for the intricately wrapped fundoshi.

Kagome feasted her eyes on the perfect specimen before her. As with his wide chest, Sesshomaru's thighs were thick with lean muscle. Even his calves bulged with sinewy strength. His narrow hips were striped with a pair of large blue bands similar in shape to those on his face, yet matching the color of the moon on his forehead. She was familiar with the magenta stripes on his wrists and face, but she had never seen the ones on his legs. They arced from just below his knee over the back of his calves, ending at the outside edge of his sturdy ankles. The twin stripes at his wrists ended in sharp points over the thick biceps of his upper arms.

He was a painted god.

Kagome was spellbound.

She couldn't begin to function. There was no way she would ever be able to untie the traditional samurai undergarment, so she stood back, soaking up the view, while Sesshomaru finished the job. Sesshomaru 's eyes were intense and focused on her reactions, and as he snatched the last bit of covering from over his thickly engorged erection, he sent her a meaningful look.

Kagome couldn't move her eyes. It was big and beautiful, heavy with need. The length of it hung to his left side, pointing up and curling against his hip. The head was an angry plum waiting for her to taste it. She licked her lips, remembering the feel of it in her mouth, and Sesshomaru growled. When her eyes began to climb upward, the movement of his hands recaptured her attention. He reached around to grip the thick girth, then pulled his fist upward in a slow stroke of the length, before moving the other hand over his sensitive scrotum.

As if in a trance, Kagome walked forward, reaching out to touch the thing that captured her fascination. Sesshomaru groaned as soon as her finger slid over the tip. She smiled and did it again before taking it in hand and stroking the soft sac beneath. She glanced up to her lover and said, "It's better than I remember."

Sesshomaru pulled her to him, parting her lips with the press of his own. Between them, Kagome stroked her warm little hands over his throbbing cock while he plunged his tongue into her sweet, warm mouth. She moaned and tilted her head, giving him better access to deepen the kiss. This was something that he thoroughly enjoyed—a mortal pleasure that he shamelessly adopted. Nothing closer to the sexual act could offer the feeling of intimacy inspired by a kiss. Until he met Kagome, he never truly appreciated that fact.

With great effort, Sesshomaru pulled back, holding Kagome up as she swayed, panting for breath. He felt a sense of satisfaction over the power to put his miko in such a dazed state. It made him long to do it again and again.

"Come my sweet miko. I should like to bathe you of this troublesome dirt."

Kagome blinked and tried to regain her balance. His kisses were like drugs to her senses, rendering her brain useless and full of weightless warmth. She nodded, allowing him to hold her arm and guide them into the waiting onsen below.

The first step into the warmth felt almost too hot to stand, but Kagome pushed the initial reaction away and continued down the natural shelf of steps. Once she sunk into the water, she released a happy sigh. "This is heaven."

"Hn...," Sesshomaru wordlessly agreed before pulling her easily onto his lap. Kagome could feel the hard length of him pressed against her hip and side as she slipped sensually over his thighs. He took a moment to slide a hand over her bobbing breasts, grazing his palm appreciatively over the budding nipples. Kagome groaned and leaned her head against his shoulder, offering her body to his pleasure. It caused his member to grow so hard and full that he was forced to shift his hips.

Her lips turned up for a kiss, and he would never deny her such a request. Sesshomaru leaned down and slid his lips along the crease of hers, slipping his tongue out to tease at the pillowed shelf before pressing inside. The kiss was gentle and searching, a reunion of longing that bound their souls as one. Kagome reached up to cup his jaw and stroke her fingers over his flesh while he poured his heart into the meeting of their lips.

He pulled away, giving her a chance to breathe and smile. "I could taste you forever," he murmured before gently brushing a kiss against the softness once more. "All of you." She blushed at the implication and the heat his words stirred inside.

Kagome kissed the thick portion of his upper chest, barely missing his increasingly sensitive nipple. Sesshomaru grunted and she giggled. "You liked that," she playfully accused. He gave a slow, sensual chuckle in response. Kagome then flicked her tongue out, striking the distended nub with the hot tip. Sesshomaru's fingers snaked into her hair and held her there, wanting more. Kagome understood his desire and was eager to please. She opened her lips and sucked the tiny button in. He gasped as she plucked it with her teeth, and he twisted when she nipped even harder. Suddenly he pulled her face up and latched onto her mouth with rabid fervor. The kiss was nearly brutal. He arced his hips insistently against her slick skin, stroking his member with an intentional rhythm.

"Kagome...forgive me. It has been so long and I have wanted you so badly." He had hardly ended the sentence before he twisted her in his lap, spreading her thighs and pulling her womanhood firmly against his anxious staff. "I must have you now. I cannot wait another second to be inside of you."

She felt the same way. She was feverish for their union. It was as if her body insisted they reconnect. "Yes...now...I need you."

Sesshomaru growled with pleasure at her acceptance, then slid his hands around and cupped her soft backside, taking the moment to enjoy the feel of her in his hands. He shifted her, the water giving an easy buoyancy to her slight frame, allowing her body to slip against his in a highly erotic fashion. His breaths were uneven, growing harsh in his excitement—hers the same.

At last, Sesshomaru lifted her, pleased when she reached between them to guide his member to the slick opening of her sheath. Eagerly, she took him in, and he gasped at the heat of her body enveloping him. At last, he was once again inside of Kagome.

Sesshomaru grunted with satisfaction. He whispered praise of her body and its tight perfection. His hands greedily stroked the smooth contours of her back, before coming around to palm her firm round breasts, teasingly thumbing over pebbled nipples. Kagome moaned and clenched his shoulders tight—her inner muscles continuously quivering, as if seeking to milk his cock dry. By the ancestors, he needed to move!

"Oh, Gods..." Kagome had forgotten how wonderfully full he made her feel. She shifted, eager for more stimulation—eager for his thrusting hips. "More," she pleaded, and he was all too happy to comply. With a sharp jerk of his hips and a firm tug against her shoulders, Sesshomaru impaled her deep onto his shaft. She gasped and clenched her fingers, digging into his pale flesh. He began to move beneath her, taking control, and stroking her from the inside out.

He watched her as she watched him. Their eyes dark with love, want, and need. Heavy, panting breaths filled the cavern chamber only broken by deep, lusty grunts and groans. The water around them splashed as they moved, adding to the sensations over their slippery, wet flesh. Together they drove each other to soaring heights of pleasure with passionate caresses and blinding heat.

"Sesshomaru..." Kagome murmured his name as her peak began to mount. The burst of warmth was like a painful rising toward an explosive ecstasy. She moved faster, taking what she needed him to give. "Harder," she moaned and his golden eyes darkened even more. His grip tightened and she felt the light scratch of his claws. His hips slammed upward and he clenched his teeth. His look was feral and focused, with the intent on meeting her needs.

Sesshomaru growled. His body was burning with pleasure. His cock was surging hard up into Kagome's silky depths. "So hot," he snarled even as he felt the thickness of his seed threatening to overflow. "Come for me, Kagome. Come for this Sesshomaru."

Kagome screamed as the climax propelled her into a euphoric state. She arched her back, allowing the madness to consume her.

Sesshomaru's thrusts grew increasingly faster and his grunts became erratic. His eyes shifted and his claws grew.

Kagome could feel the thickness inside of her twitch, and she slit her eyes to watch him explode. The peek through heavy lids was met with crimson eyes and sharp, elongated fangs. Kagome gasped at his change.

Sesshomaru held Kagome's gaze, pumping into her with a rabid, inhuman pace.

With one last hard arch of his powerful hips, Kagome was thrown into another spin of ecstasy. Through her second climax, she forced her eyes to remain on her inuyoukai lover as he came. She soaked in the erotic vision as Sesshomaru's mouth fell open and his red eyes clenched shut. A baritone growl of completion erupted from him even as the rapturous burn of semen burst from his body to thickly coat her womb.

Their union was spectacular, a movement of spirit and flesh.

Even as the couple rocked in the throws of their pleasure, the heavy darkness of Sesshomaru's jyaki rose up to meet the pure essence of Kagome's spiritual power. Together the two energies spiraled around them in recognition and relief. As if separated for an eternity, starved for this moment, they reunited at last, sparking and melding as one.

Almost as quickly as it had begun, the whirlwind of their passion settled. The unique blend of jyaki and purity reluctantly parted, winding down to once more seek the source of their supernatural strength.

Sesshomaru's panting breaths against Kagome's neck moved her to open her eyes. The room was dark. The candles that had been lit were blown out in the storm of their passion. Kagome swallowed and managed to choke out, "Wow...that was amazing."

A deep rumble of satisfaction flowed from Sesshomaru's chest. He licked her slender neck and nipped at the thin, sensitive flesh. "As are you, my miko."

Kagome giggled and added, "Just imagine how good I'll be after I finish my bath."

Sesshomaru chuckled and gave a playful growl. "I am anxious to explore the possibilities."

Kagome held her hand up and stroked lovingly over his smooth face. In the silence and darkness of the cavern she could almost imagine that it was their first time together. She was blind and trusting of her silent youkai. "I love you, you know. It seems like I have loved you forever."

Sesshomaru smiled and nuzzled against her hand. "Thank you, Kagome. You have brought happiness to a life full of rage and hate."

"Why did you leave me? At Saya's, I mean. Why did you hide from me for so long?"

Kagome gasped when Sesshomaru pulled her roughly against his chest—a move fueled by the desperation to keep her close. "This Sesshomaru hopes that you will one day forgive the wrongs he has done you. At the time, my reasons were skewed by the distorted state of my mind. I was...shamed over what I allowed to happen—undeserving of your respect." When she made to deny his words, he hushed her and continued. The darkness of the cavern was soothing in way, offering him solace as he confessed his heart.

"This Sesshomaru foolishly thought to seek you out again, not as the damaged demon from Asuza's dungeon, but as the taiyoukai that had never faced defeat. I had hoped to change your mind about me—make you love the demon lord instead of the silent youkai."

"Sesshomaru, you know that I would never demean you for what you went through at the hands of those evil beasts." Kagome leaned forward and gently kissed the corner of his lips. "I fell in love with the demon that shared my prison—the youkai that suffered, yet rose above it to help me escape. You never had to hide from me."

"And how would you have reacted, miko, had this Sesshomaru revealed himself in your handicapped state? The day that you arrived, you were terrified of the unknown. Would the known demon have been more comforting than the unfamiliar?"

Kagome sadly smiled with a heavy sigh of breath. "I'm not sure. At the time we were not exactly friends."

Sesshomaru chuckled, stroking the softness of her hair. "What you say is true, and this Sesshomaru was reluctant to let Inuyasha's miko know of his sorry state."

Kagome hugged him tight. There was only one thing that she could say. "I forgive you. I love you too much not to."

Sesshomaru growled with pleasure and sought out the sweet warmth of her mouth.


 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this reunion of bodies. Don't worry, it's not over yet! I have much more lemony goodness planned for after bath-time. You know how men are. They are just too eager to last long after having been deprived awhile. ; )

So in the next chapter we will revisit the cavern where our lovebirds will continue reuniting in the most basic of ways. We will also arrive back at Edo and find out how Sango feels about Miroku's idea to adopt all seven of the orphaned children. Will she freak out? I would! Let's not forget about Iku. We will also take a detour to Sesshomaru's dungeon and discover how our favorite-bird-to-hate is faring under Uchuu's care. I have a feeling he is regretting how he treated the monkey prince. Until then...please don't forget to rate and review! Thanks!

Need some more Hot Sweaty Sex? Well, you can pop over to my latest steamy one-shot and indulge. Though you might not be familiar with the Gokusen anime, manga and TV drama, Risa and I are fans. The one-shot was written so that even if you aren't familiar with Gokusen, you will still enjoy the erotically super-naughty one-chapter story of Shin Sawada and Kumiko Yamaguchi. I think that I blew the ShinKumi community out of the water with this one. They are unused to my brand of hentai—unlike my loyal Sess/Kag fans! (snickers evilly) *Warning – Mega Adult Content!* Below are the links:

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_st.php/154403/

http://anime.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600044341

Enjoy!