InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Vow Of Silence ❯ Mating Rituals ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISLCLAIMER!!: I do NOT own Inuyasha and Co.


Chapter 5 'Mating Riturals'

Inuyasha turned back to Kagome and tried to comfort her, but nothing was working. She was still crying silently. He must of really upset her with the trick he just pulled, and he had a feeling that when she was able to talk again, she was defently going to sit him. He was about to put his arms around her, when she pushed away and did the paper hand thing again. He nodded and handed her, her pad of paper and pencil. He watched as she wrote something down and then handed it to him.

He Read:

*Inuyasha I can't believe you! You, no good dog!* Inuyasha flinched at the written words, but continued to read, while reading he didn't see Kagome picked up her pack and start walking. *I'm going home, and you can't stop me!* Inuyasha frown, there was no way she was going home. He looked up from the pad of paper, to see nothing. He blinked out of confusion. Where did she go? He heard a twing snap and looked over at that direction, to see Kagome's yellow pack disappear behind a tree. With his demon speed, he ran after Kagome. He jumped onto a tree branched, then flew to the next one, when he was ahead of her he dropped out of the tree and stood there with his arms crossed, with the meanest looking face he could manage. He was NOT letting her go home, not even if she cried.

Kagome walked around a bush, and then jumped over a rock. She smiled to herself, she had gotten away without Inuyasha noticing! She felt pretty proud of herself right then. As she was congratuating herself she didn't notice a small little speck on the ground that seemed to be jumping up and down. Since she wasn't paying attention her foot found the jumping thing and stepped on it. She stopped when she heard a little grunt.

'Hmmm...I guess it was nothing.' with that thought she continued walking.

Inuyasha waited there, and waited there, and well, waited there somemore. 'WHERE THE HECK IS SHE!?' Inuyasha screamed in his head. He knew she didn't change course because he could semi-hear her coming his way, but apparently she decided to walk in slug motion. He sighed and walked over to a rock, sat down and leaned against it. No point standing if she was going to take forever. He was beging to think that maybe he jumped a little too far ahead of her. Oh well, he could wait. He leaned against that rock for what seemed like hours, and he was beging to become very impatient, if she didn't get there soon she was going to have to deal with a whole lot more then being yelled at.

He was just about to get up and go look for her when he saw her make her way into the area he was in. He crossed his arms and sat motionless waiting for her to notice him.

Kagome was out of breath, she never knew how hard it was to walk, crawl and jump over bushes, rocks and tree roots. She always had Inuyasha take her through that kinda stuff on his back. As she was making her way through a semi-clear area she heard a deep voice say

"And just where do you think your going?" She froze

'Darn, he caught up with me.' She thought as she turned around to see Inuyasha leaning against a rock with his arms crossed and a very ticked off looking face. she gulped and started to fidget with her fingers, not looking at him. She jumped when the pad of paper and pencil were stuck under gaze, making her look at Inuyasha, who was holding out her stuff with a still very ticked off looking face.

"I said, where do you think your going?" Inuyasha repeated. He watched as she took the stuff and wrote something down. Then handed it to him.

He read, though this time he kept one eye on her.

*Home.* was all that was written down. He looked up at her sharply making her gulp again.

"Oh no your not. Your staying here till I say you can go. I'm the Male Kagome, and I say what goes around here. And I'm saying you aren't going home. Your staying here with me." Inuyasha said leaving no room for arguement. But of course Kagome didn't catch that part, because she violently snatched back her stuff and WBed.

He read:

*WHAT!? Your the MALE and you say what goes!? NOT AT ALL!!!!!! Inuyasha you can't tell me what to do. Just because I can't speak doesn't mean you can be the boss of me. I'm going HOME!!!!*

Inuyasha looked up for the pad of paper too see Kagome stomp her foot and glare at him, making her point clear.

"No your staying. And I am the boss of you." He said, making her face go red with anger. She GWBed,

*ARE NOT!!!*

"Are too."

*NOT!!*

"Too."

*You are NOT the boss of me, and I'm going HOME!* With that written Kagome spun around and started walking away. She would have given a 'eep' if she could, when she felt two very strong arms wrap around her waist, holding her still and then a set of fangs clamp gently on her shoulder. Kagome stiffened with shock and horror. Was Inuyasha biting her?!

'Oh my GOSH!!' She screamed in her head, panicing 'What is he doing?!'

Inuyasha felt his demon blood cooling when she stopped moving. For some reason when she wrote that she was going to disobey him, his demon blood boiled and before he could help it, it full-demon part came out and grabbed Kagome and bit her. The bite was gently and wasn't braking her skin. It kind of shocked him, that his full-demon side felt that strongly about her disobeying him.

Inuyasha took his fangs from her shoulder, but still held her waist. He didn't want her too see his eyes still blood shot. When he felt his eyes go back to normal he let go her, and stepped back. He watched as she nervously brought a hand to the part where he had bitten her and felt it. He then watched as she turned slowly around to face him, her face in a mask of shock. His lips twitched upward, almost smiling. Her face looked kind of funny.

"Well, Lord Inuyasha. I see, you are finally taking control of her." Came the annoying voice of one flea demon named Myoga. Inuyasha looked over at his left shoulder to see the annoying creature, and raised an eyebrow,

"Finally?" He asked. Myoga nodded,

"I've been expecting you to try and dominate her for quite some time, but you kept doing what she said." Inuyasha scowled

"Well that's because every time I tried to say something, or do something else she would sit me."

"True, very true. So why isn't she sitting you now?" Myoga asked.

"Well, because she can't talk. She took a Vow Of Silence for two weeks." Inuyasha smirked his very famous smirk.

"Interesting. Is this true Kagome? You took a Vow Of Silence?" Myoga asked her, all Kagome could do was nod. She was beyond confused with their conversation. That and the fact that Inuyasha had bitten her, and they were acting like it was an every day thing. She walked up to Inuyasha and snatched her pad of paper and WBed

He Read:

*WHAT THE HECKS GOING ON!? YOU JUST BIT ME, AND ARE ACTING LIKE IT'S AN EVERY DAY THING!!!?*

Inuyasha blushed a little and then sat down. When Kagome just stood there looking at him, he patted the ground by him, indicating for her to sit down. Kagome sniffed, and walked a little ways away and sat down. When she looked at him, she started to squirm, his gaze was evil. She jumped when she heard him growl and saw his eyes flash red. She quickly stood up and then quickly sat down besides him. After she sat down she side glanced him, and he had his eyes closed.

After a little while Inuyasha poked Myoga, who nodded and then said

"Kagome, do you know what the mating rituals are for dog demons?" Kagome looked at him confused and shook her head. Of course she didn't know!

"Well, dog demons...they mate with someone for the rest of their lives. And how they start this mating, is by well, picking a mate."

Kagome looked at him dully, what? Did he think she was THAT stupid? Myoga continued ignoring her look,

"First, they try and dominate the female. Try to become the leader, basically. Next they, fend off any other males. Stating that the female belongs to them."

"Later on when the female understand what the males doing he will give her the 'mating' kiss. Which is just another dominating thing. After the kiss though, the female has to sit, walk, sleep, stay..etc by the male, till the male decides its time to actually mate. When he finally mates her and marks as his own, she doesn't ALWAYS have to sit, eat, or walk with him. Because she is now marked, no other demon with try and get her, or she wont try and go with some other demon. Understand?"

Kagome sat in silence. Not moving. She was looking down at the ground in thought.

'So when Inuyasha kissed me back at the hut, that was the 'mating' kiss? But I didn't understand anything!! I still don't!'

She GWBed

Inuyasha read:

*I don't get it. When Inuyasha kissed me back at the hut, I didn't know anything about the whole dominating, mating thing. Also, you still haven't told me why he bit me.*

Myoga looked at Inuyasha surprised,

"You kissed her already?" Inuyasha nodded, and Myoga sighed.

"Well, Inuyasha never did follow the rules. And about the bite...well you were disobeying him, and that was his way of telling you not to."

Kagome made an 'O' shape with her mouth, and went back to thinking and staring at the ground.

"Hey Myoga? How did you get here?" Inuyasha asked.

"Oh well, I was on my way to the wolves cave, when I saw Kagome here, walking somewhere. I started jumping up and down trying to get her attention, but she just stepped on me, then stopped. Stood there standing on me, then walked away." Myoga said glaring a little bit at Kagome.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

A/n: Chapter five YAY!!!