InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ The Job of a Lifetime ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I don’t own Inuyasha. I make no money from this. Also, be patient with me as this is my first fanfic.





Chapter 1- The Job of a Lifetime


Becky sat at home sadly looking at the box she had brought home. Today was her last day at her job at the publishing company. The job she had was the first job that the people didn’t look at her funny when she read her mangas at lunchtime and Becky had even found some co-workers that had also had her love of manga and anime. She would
Still be friends with them for a long time. Grabbing the Kagura keychain that hung off
Her desk out of the box, She attached it to her car keys and put the box in the bedroom.
After calling for a pizza, she turned on the T.V. and thought about her new job.
The job came from a girl that she met on her lunch break. The two girls met and
Became fast friends. When Becky told Jenna about how she was getting bored with her
Job, Jenna told her about an opening at Viz, the company her company shared their
Building with. Becky immediately got excited when she heard the name of the company.
The next day, Becky put in her resume and waited. A week later, she got a phone call for
An interview and after the interview was told she got the job. Becky was brought out of
Her memories by the doorbell. She got up, got her pizza and ate. After dinner, she took
A shower and changed into her pajamas. She decided to get to bed early in order to get
A good night’s sleep for her big day tomorrow.
Meanwhile, in the Viz building ,a phone rang. “Makego Taisho’ s desk.” a black
Haired woman answered. “Is every thing set for tomorrow, Makego? “ asked a deep voiced man. “Hai. Oops! I mean yes. Touga.” she replied. “Good. You’ll be home soon
Right Makego? “ he asked. “Sure. Do you think that he will like the fact that we found
Her?”
“Of course! He has been waiting for hund- Sorry - years for her. Hey, I think we should get off the phone now. We are tired and are letting things slip that shouldn’t be let out. I’ll talk to you when you get home.” Touga replied.
“You’re right. I’ll see you in about a half an hour. I love you.” Makego told Touga.
“Love you too, Makego.” he answered.
About 3 A.M., Becky awoke and after not being able to fall back asleep, stayed up
And made a pot of coffee. She had a couple of cups and got ready for work. She remembered how the interviewer liked the fact she was a fan of Viz’s manga. After looking in her closet she found the suit she was looking for. It was a red pantsuit that had
A white silk tank top underneath. She dressed , got in the car and got ready for her
Hour and a half commute.
The closer Becky got to the city, the bigger a feeling of finding something she lost long ago became. As she waited at the Lincoln Tunnel, She got a flash of what seemed to be a memory. She was dressed in a old-fashioned kimono. Her hair was pulled up in a small ponytail accented with two feathers. She wore a pair of earrings that was a small string of beads with what appeared to be two more small feathers at the ends. In her hands she carried a fan. She shouted “ Dance of Blades! “. The next thing Becky knew, a loud car horn blared behind her. She shook her self out of her daydream and continued on. Becky parked in the garage for Viz employees and looked at her watch. She had gotten there an hour early! After recognizing where in the city she was, Becky remembered there was a coffee shop around the corner.
As she turned the corner, She bumped into someone. “Oops! Sorry!” Becky told the man. “It’s alright.” he replied.
As she looked up into his face she got another flash of memory. She looked the same as before, but this time she was in a field with a small child dressed in white holding a mirror. She looked across the field and saw the man she had bumped into moments ago but, he had white/silver hair, dog ears, claws, and fangs. He was dressed in a red hakama and haori with a white undershirt. She watched as his “Wind Scar” attack was just bounced back at him by the small girl’s mirror and a girl in a school uniform was carried to him by a giant demon cat with two tails. Becky was brought back to reality by the man shaking her by the shoulders.
“Miss, are you alright?” he asked. After a second she answered him “Oh yes. I’m sorry, Sir.” “Ok. But be careful miss.” he told her. “Thanks, bye!” Becky replied. She continued on her way to the coffee shop and passed the same girl who had answered the phone in the building the previous night. She joined the man and asked him “Hey, is that the girl we found, Hon?” “Yeah, it’s her.” he told his wife. “Wow, Inuya- oops!- Touga she really looks like her doesn’t she?” she asked. “Yeah, nearly a spitting image of her and remember we need to be careful in public Makego.” he scolded. “I’m sorry, Touga. I won’t let it happen again.” “Alright let’s go. We don’t want to be late for work do we?” he answered her. “No we don’t, boss man.” She joked as she gave him his coffee , put her arm around his waist and walked into the building.
Becky got her cinnamon latte and walked back to the building. As she reached the door she thought about the weird flashes she had this morning. She shrugged them off as she reached the front desk of the building. “Hi. I’m wondering if you can tell me which floor the Viz company is on. I start today and don’t know where anything is yet.” Becky asked the young blonde behind the desk. “You must be Becky. I was told to tell you to go to the twenty-third floor. When you get there Makego will meet you at the elevator.” She answered. “Thanks, Sakura.” She replied. Becky went to the elevator and pressed the button.
As she went up, Sakura made a phone call. “Makego Taisho’s desk.” she answered. “She’s on her way up sweetie. Meet her at the elevator. She really does look like her doesn’t she, Makego? “ “Yeah, we have the real deal this time. I even think she’s regaining some of her memories of her past life. She ran into Touga this morning and blanked out for a minute.” Makego told her. “Alright, I gotta go sweetie, see you later.” “Bye, Sakura.” she said before she hung up the phone. Makego went to the elevator and
As she waited she thought to herself After all these years, he’s finally going to get what he deserves.