InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ Her First Day, Part 3: Explanations ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Inuyasha. I make no money from this.



Chapter 4: Her First Day, Part 3: Explanations



They all sat down in Touga’s office. Becky was nervous as she looked around at everyone. Touga broke the silence by saying “ Well, first things first, Makego and Meaya, or should I say Kagome and Ayame, take off your charms.” Becky gasped as Kagome took off her ruby ring and Ayame took off her jade bracelet. The images she saw flicker on and off earlier became permanent. Kagome’s ears and sliver streaks reappeared and Ayame’s ears and tail reappeared. Becky looked at Touga, who removed his hair tie. On his head, two dog ears appeared and his hair turned from bleach blonde to white/silver like his ears. She looked at him and in surprise, whispered “Inuyasha. You’re real.” He chuckled and replied “ Yes. I’m real. Now, let us tell you our story, Kagura.

Meanwhile, in Tokyo, Sesshomaru looked out of the window in his office at Shogakukan Inc.. He felt his connection with Inuyasha flare as he heard him say “Kagura”. At the name his heart skipped a beat. He watched the sun rise over the skyscrapers as he whispered “Kagura, have you finally come back to me? I’ve been waiting forever for you.”

Back in New York, Inuyasha could feel the connection between them open up. He heard his brother’s whisper and scared everyone in the room by yelling “ Damn it all! I forgot about our connection! How much did he hear?!” “Inuyasha, calm down. What happened?” Kagome asked putting her arms around his waist trying to calm him down. “Sess heard me. I must have let my control on our connection slip by accident.” “Do you want me to start the story?” “ Yeah. I have to call Sess. I need to explain things. I’ll be back in a few minutes.” As he left the room and pulled out his cell, he was startled when it started to ring with Sesshomaru’s tone. He answered it as he walked back to the conference room, leaving Kagome to start the story.

Kagome looked at the confused Becky with sadness. She had this huge feeling she didn’t understand. Kagome started her explanation. “Well, you know we’re demons or at least hanyou?” At Becky’s nod she continued. “ The story of Inuyasha you know from the manga and anime are completely true.” She smiled as she told he how the story of their adventures was turned into a manga. “ One day in 1995, I was in a coffee shop in Tokyo when I bumped into a woman. She dropped her folder and as I went to help her pick it up, I saw one of her pictures. It looked familiar and went to hand it to her I realized that the woman was Rumiko Takahashi. I loved Ranma ½ and told her. She was happy to meet a fan and we talked. She became a friend of the family. A few months later, while we were out to lunch, she complained about having writer’s block. I had an idea and that night at dinner I talked to Inuyasha. I asked him if it would be alright if I could tell Rumiko our secret and tell her our story. He loved the idea and we had her over and told her. She loved hearing about the battles. She pitched it, got it published and it became a hit.”

“The sad thing is that with the story’s success and our friendship with Rumiko, people became suspicious of our family. When she drew us the drawings looked too much like us and people became curious. We actually had a couple scares when Inuyasha used his demon speed and strength to save people. Thankfully, he realized what he was doing and pretended to be slower and weaker than he actually was. We ended up having to make a choice: have her end the story quickly or leave Japan. Since we’re here now, you know what our decision was. We left and Sess, using his connection to Viz, got us our jobs here and we’ve been here ever since 1998.”

“Wow! That’s a cool story. I’m sorry you had to leave Japan though.” Becky said. “Well, in the end, it was a good thing. I fell in the well in 1999 so, with us gone we couldn’t accidentally see our past selves..” There were two people Becky noticed wasn’t mentioned. Kagome knew what she was thinking and told her “Yes. Miroku and Sango are dead. They lived to be 93 and 92 respectively. They had a nice quiet life, lots of kids. The final count: 9.” Becky giggled at that. “We still keep tabs on their descendants and reincarnations. Actually, all of their reincarnations, like you, got bits of their past lives shown to them in visions. It takes some time and something familiar to trigger it, but everyone eventually got their full memories back.”

Ayame looked up as Inuyasha walked back into the room, flipping his cell shut. “ How did it go with Sess? “ she asked. “Fine. He knows everything. He’s expecting us late tomorrow night or early afternoon the next day Tokyo time.” Kagome breathed a sigh of relief having expected a huge blowup between the brothers. “Well, I think that’s enough for today.” Inuyasha said as he wrapped his arms around Kagome’s waist. After a moment of surprise she melted into his embrace. Ayame noticing the look in both of their eyes and turned to Becky and said “ Let’s go Becky. I think they want to be alone.” Kagome turned about 12 shades of red and jumped out of Inuyasha’s grip. “ Oh Kami! You guys have been mated for over 500 years and you still blush like teenagers! Geez!” Ayame exclaimed. Inuyasha cleared his throat and told them all “ Let’s all meet here tomorrow at 7 am. Then we’ll go to the airport. See you guys tomorrow. ‘night.”.

In Tokyo, Hojo looked down at the pink orb in his hands. As he turned it, he stared at the place where a single chip was missing. He looked up at the Higurashi shrine and waved to Mrs. Higurashi who was sweeping the top step. He gave one last look and walked away. As he did his eyes clouded over and he began to laugh sinisterly as he said “ Soon the jewel will be complete and no one will ever be able to stop me.” A feeling of his flesh being torn apart stopped his laughter and he hissed out one word before the pain subsided: “Kagura!”