InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ Getting Ready To Leave ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Inuyasha. I make no money from this.


Chapter 5: The Night Before


After going to dinner, Kagome and Inuyasha walked into their apartment. He immediately went to the window and opened it. He relaxed instantly as the sweet smells of Central Park wafted into their apartment. He loved the park just as much as he loved the forest that bared his name centuries ago. Kagome took off her black blazer and came up to him wrapping and putting her arms around his waist. He relaxed and leaned into her touch. She sighed and asked “Is something bothering you?”

Covering her hands with his own he replied “ Eh, I know I don’t have the same powers that you do, but I think something bad is going to happen.” “Do you think it has something to do with Kagura’s return?” “ I think so. I didn’t feel this before I met Becky this morning.” “Well we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. Right now though we need to get ready for bed.” Inuyasha smirked, wiggled his eyebrows and said “Yes we do.” She gasped, playfully swatted his chest, and replied “Hentai! I swear Miroku was a bad influence on you.” He chuckled and said “ I was just joking. I know we need our rest.”

They decided to stay up a little while longer. Kagome went and took off the rest of her clothes in the bathroom, changing into her red silk sleeveless nightgown. It was his favorite. Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Inuyasha undressed and changed into his black silk pajama pants, but left the matching shirt in the drawer. As she exited the bathroom, she stared at him as she watched him put his hair tie on the dresser. She shook herself out of her daze and went to the kitchen to grab some ice cream. They met on the couch snuggling against each other sharing the ice cream. After watching a couple of shows and finishing the container Kagome washed off the spoons and met Inuyasha in bed.

He snuggled against Kagome from behind and laid his arm across her waist. She turned to face him and wrapped her arms around his neck. As she looked up into his eyes, she could see the love and worry in them. Ever since he knew he would be returning to Japan he had been on edge and she knew it. To reassure him, she leaned up and placed her lips on his. After an initial shock, he kissed her back. At first it was sweet , gentle and full of love. Kagome could feel her powers, miko and demonic, flare and she suddenly felt the awful feeling Inuyasha had been feeling for a while now. They immediately both felt this intense need of each other. Kagome pushed down her miko powers and let her demonic ones come to the surface. She grew small claws and fangs. Inuyasha also let his power surge and he turned full demon. Unlike when this first happened over 500 years ago, he could now control himself as could Kagome. It had taken months of training with Sesshomaru but he did it and he taught Kagome. The kiss turned passionate and soon clothes came off like this would be their last time together. As the moon reached it’s highest point, people living within 2 miles of Central Park heard two loud howls that suspiciously sounded like the names Kagome and Inuyasha.

Meanwhile about 5 blocks away, Ayame came into her apartment. She locked her door , took off her shoes and walked into her kitchen. After dropping off the chicken chow mien she had picked up for dinner, she walked into the bedroom. She took off her jade bracelet and after taking off her skirt shook out her tail. She hated having to cram her tail into the tiny hole she cut into her skirt. As she went to her dresser, she removed the rest of her clothes. She changed into her blue silk sleeveless nightgown. Ayame remembered the day Kagome and her bought the matching nightgowns. They had both reached for the blue one at the same time. After a while they compromised and Kagome settled for the red one saying Inuyasha would like it better anyway. The wolf demoness returned to the kitchen, grabbed her dinner and sat in front of the TV.

She finished eating and after throwing away her garbage, grabbed the phone. She dialed the number she knew by heart. In Japan, in an office a cell phone rang. The man put down his coffee and looking at the screen, smiled and answered it. “Hi Ayame. What’s up?” “ I just wanted to give you a call to tell you were coming tomorrow. We found Kagura.” “ Well, that’s good. Does she have her memories yet?” “No, not all of them. She’s still just getting visions of her past life.” There was a pause on the line and Koga could tell something was troubling her. “What’s wrong?” he asked. “ I don’t know. I’m having this awful feeling that Becky remembering her past life is going to bring about something evil. What if her returning makes Naraku return as well?” “ Don’t worry. We defeated him once. If we have to we’ll do it again.” This reassured her and she relaxed. “Hey. Ayame, I have to go. I’ll see you . Love you.” “Love you too. Goodnight.”

She hung up the phone. In her bedroom, she packed her suitcase. She put everything she wanted to take except for her makeup bag which she left in the bathroom for the next morning. Sitting down at her vanity, she brushed out her hair and braided it. She looked at the pictures on the vanity. Some were over 500 years old. When Koga and her had their only pup about 3 years after Naraku’s defeat, Kagome had brought over what Ayame now knew was an instant camera. They were having one huge party to celebrate everything that had happened in the previous 3 years. She didn’t remember too many details about the party except that were celebrating matings, births and adoptions. Kagome had also went around taking what she now knew were called pictures. Just as she was about to rise, her gaze moved to the most recent picture taken. It was of Koga, Ginta, and herself in Central Park. It was right before Koga and Ginta went back to Tokyo to help prepare for a huge manga release. She got up and went towards the bed. As she opened the window, and let the smells and sounds of Central Park invade her room. She looked at the moon for a moment, then turned and walked towards her bed. Just as she went to pull back the green comforter, she froze as she heard two loud howls. She relaxed as she made out the names Kagome and Inuyasha. She climbed into bed and fell asleep dreaming of Koga and her doing exactly what the other demon couple were doing at that moment.

Becky climbed out of her car after her commute. She grasped the bag of food she had gotten at the Chinese restaurant and walked into her house. Dropping off her keys and food on the way, she went to her bedroom and changed into her purple pajamas with the yellow moon on the shirt. After checking her messages she sat down to eat. She cleaned up and went back to her room. Turning on the TV as she entered the room, she then proceeded to start to pack. She packed mostly business suits as she thought the trip would be mostly work. As an afterthought she packed a couple of casual outfits. As she closed the door to her closet, she looked at the poster she had on her door of Sesshomaru and Kagura. She remembered how upon seeing the poster in the store, she fell in love with it. The two demons were staring at each other in fighting stances, with him pointing Tokijin towards her and she had her fan raised as if about to attack.
Becky touched the poster and said” I’m actually going to meet you soon. For some reason, I think meeting you is going to change my life. Seems even though I don’t really know you, I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for you.” She turned away , set the alarm for 4 am and went to bed.

Morning came fast for everyone. Becky awoke to her alarm. She got up and made herself some coffee. She went to her closet and pulled out a pair of shorts and a green t-shirt. Inuyasha had told her before she left to dress casually since the flight would be about 17 or 18 hours. She turned on the radio to check the traffic as she sat down to finish her coffee. About 5:00 she ,after making sure she had her passport, picked up her suitcase and went to her car. As she drove to the city, she noticed the bad feeling she started having when she found out who she was, was slowly becoming worse. She thought about all the good things that she found out about. Kagome and Inuyasha being together, them adopting Shippo, Koga and Ayame getting together, and Sesshomaru adopting Rin and making her a demon. Ayame had told her about Shippo and Rin as they walked out of the building yesterday. She pulled into the Viz parking lot, parked , grabbed her suitcase and purse and went to meet up with everyone.

Inuyasha and Kagome woke up about 6 am. After getting dressed, Inuyasha sat down so Kagome could braid his hair for the long trip. She brushed his hair, pulled it up into a high ponytail and tied his enchanted hair tie around his hair. She became sad as he appeared to become human. He felt her sadness and told her “ It’s only an illusion.” She nodded and finished braiding his hair. They grabbed their bags and went to leave. At the door, Kagome put on her ruby ring making her also appear human. Just like with her, she could feel his sadness at her appearance. She repeated his words to him saying “It’s only an illusion.”. He chuckled and they made their way to the Viz building.

Ayame woke up about the same time as the couple. She pulled on her jeans and black tank top. Going into the bathroom, she applied her makeup and then deposited the bag into her suitcase. Since she was running late, she put on her running shoes. She grabbed her suitcase and left her building. Walking fast she reached the entrance to the park. Making sure no one was around, she used her demon speed to cover 10 blocks in the amount of time it took a human to cover one. Checking once more for people, she walked out of the exit closest to the Viz building. She ended up being the last one to show, with one minute to spare.

After grabbing a cup of coffee, they hailed a cab to the airport. Becky was confused as they totally passed by the check-in lines and walked towards the gates. Her questions were answered when they went out of the main terminal passing, on her left, a sign that said ‘Private Jet Passenger Check-In ’. They checked in and proceeded to the plane.

A small cloud of dust appeared before the group. When it cleared, the pilot stood before them. “Hakkaku! Don’t use your demonic speed out in the open, baka!” Inuyasha scolded. “By the way, this is Becky the woman I told you about.” Hakkaku smiled and said “Nice to meet you. Well, the plane’s ready to go if you are.”

They all climbed in the plane. It was about the size of a regular plane. The difference between the commercial jet and this one was the seating. Instead of rows, it was more like a living room set up. The seats were couch-like but they had seat belts. They settled in and took off. After the seat belt sign was turned off, they got more comfortable. Inuyasha turned to Becky and said “ Well, by the end of this flight you will know everything about us and our lives. So, sit back and enjoy our story.”