InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ Do All Fairy Tales Have a Happy Ending? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Inuyasha. Viz and Rumiko Takahashi do. I make no money for this.


Chapter 9: Do All Fairy Tales Have a Happy Ending?



Becky woke up the next morning feeling very warm. As she woke up fully, she realized Sess had slept with her all night. She quickly got up, embarrassed. As she looked back at him, he asked her “ Are you OK?” She smiled and nodded. Sess sat up and looked towards his brother and his mate still sitting on the bench they were on the night before. Inuyasha went to Becky and asked her “ Do you feel well enough to come with us to the Higurashi Shrine today?” At Becky’s nod he continued “ We’re going to visit Kagome’s family. It will be a little bit of a shock for them since they will have just seen us leave.”

Everyone left to let Becky dress. When she opened the door she ran right into Sess. He said nothing but took her hand and led her down the stairs. They saw that everyone had come down into the dining room except for two. As they reached the second floor, Becky noticed Sess was staring at Shippo’s door grumbling under his breath. As they continued down to the first floor, she heard him say something about people acting like rabbit youkai. She realized who he was talking about and giggled. He looked down at her as she laughed and thought “Kami, she’s beautiful when she laughs.”

They sat down to eat. Becky found out that he had only two servants, a maid named Rukia and a cook named Ichigo. Ichigo was a very good cook and had made a traditional Japanese breakfast just for Becky’s visit. After eating everything on her plate, Sess handed her the necklace he had taken from her last night. Before they left, Inuyasha asked when was the meeting they had come for. Sess actually became slightly embarrassed when he admitted they really didn’t need to come. When Inuyasha had faxed Sess the papers he would need for the meeting, in case something happened to the original, Sess had just used the papers and gave Inuyasha’s presentation himself.

Inuyasha was fine with it since he didn’t want to go to the meeting anyway. He was also kind of touched his brother had just wanted to see him and Kagome. They all piled into the cars and made their way to the shrine. As Becky rode with Sess and Rin in their car, she noticed that with her newfound demonic power, she could feel Sess’s youkai flare as he became angry at something. Rin, who was in the backseat, smiled when Becky put her hand over his on the stick shift and smiled at him. Both women in the car felt relief when his youkai became normal once again.

As Inuyasha’s group made it towards the shrine, Hojo, who had once again turned into Naraku, was also making it towards the shrine.

They parked their cars and Inuyasha quickly sniffed to make sure their past selves had actually left. When he was sure they had they started up the stairs. They reached the top of the stairs and when Kagome saw her grandfather, she ran to him and hugged him. At all the commotion, Kagome’s mother and Souta had come out to see what was going on. Souta and her mother, both ran to Kagome and joined in the reunion. After a moment, Souta noticed the others behind them.

After some introductions, which during, Kagome’ s mother couldn’t stop gushing over Kagome’s children, They talked about what had happened during those 500 years. Then, Kagome became nervous when her grandfather asked about the jewel. Inuyasha was also curious about it. He had asked her several times, but she wouldn’t tell him anything. She turned to Inuyasha and told him “ Don’t be angry, Inuyasha, but I don’t have it.”

At this he blew up “ Kagome! How the hell did you lose it?” As she saw him become angry, her mother spoke up. “ She wasn’t finished speaking, Inuyasha. She had told me she had been sensing a strong demonic aura around the village and was worried about the jewel. She separated the shard that was from Kohaku from the rest of the jewel and gave it to me before she left. Here you go, Kagome.” She gave Kagome the shard she still had in her pocket.

Inuyasha had calmed down after her mother’s explanation. He apologized and Kagome explained that a day after they had gone through the well one last time, she was attacked by a demon while collecting firewood. The demon threw some powder that interfered with her senses and attacked. She easily got rid of the powder and defeated the demon. When the dust cleared, the almost complete jewel was gone. Fearing that Inuyasha would want to once again hunt for the jewel, she kept her mouth shut. She was tired of traveling and fighting random demons.

Kagome started to continue talking, but was stopped when she saw someone come up the shrine steps. As Naraku saw Kagome sitting under the tree, he quickly let Hojo come back out and hid himself deep within Hojo . Kagome saw him and went to him when she saw him fall to the ground in pain. After a moment, he was himself again and told Kagome he was alright. Hojo met with everyone and shook hands. As he shook Inuyasha’s hand, something didn’t feel quite right. Naraku could feel something deep inside him that he had never felt before. It was almost like he had spiritual powers like Kagome and Rin. They were faint, but they were there. Kagome and Hojo caught up with each other since they hadn’t seen each other since high school.

As Hojo announced he was going to leave, Inuyasha pulled Kagome aside. The bad feeling he had the night before they left New York had returned stronger than before. When he shook Hojo’s hand, he could have thought he could feel Naraku’s presence somewhere around Hojo. He also could have sworn he could see the Shikon Jewel in Hojo’s front pocket. He told Kagome this, and at first she didn’t believe him. Then, at Inuyasha’s insistence, Kagome tapped into her powers and looked Hojo over. She was surprised at what she saw.

She looked at Hojo’s front pocket. Sure enough, the jewel sat in his pocket. When she checked Hojo himself, she could definitely sense Naraku’s presence. She turned to Inuyasha and saw a faint pink glow around him. Before the light could get any brighter, she quickly kissed him to stop it. When he looked at her in confusion, she said “ Inuyasha, you didn’t lose your spiritual powers. I took some but not all of it. Over the years, it must have replenished itself.”

On the other side of the yard, Hojo talked to Rin about Medical School. He found out the two of them were going to the same school. He saw Inuyasha glow and their stares and he panicked. Hojo fell to the ground and Rin went to his side. Rin felt Naraku return and she backed up pushing everyone else behind her.

Naraku picked himself off the ground and looked at the group. Kagome and Inuyasha came back to the group and waited for him to make the first move. Naraku realized he this battle would be way too early. He had no idea they would be able to find him out since he had so little power. He turned to run.

Rin had him pinned to the ground before he made it to the steps. She attacked before anyone else could move. Naraku waited for the pain but felt nothing. He opened his closed eyes to see Rin had only separated him from Hojo. He was now floating above Hojo’s body. He had no time to think about what had happened. A ball of energy hit his body as soon as he realized where he was, completely destroying him forever.

Everyone stared at Rin as she stood up after taking the jewel out of Hojo’s pocket. Still shocked at how easily she had finished off Naraku, Kagome nearly dropped the jewel when Rin threw it towards her. Rin turned her attention back to Hojo. She watched as he slowly came to. She kneeled down and shook him gently. When he was ok, she stood and held her hand out to him to help him up. She quickly looked behind her and realized that everyone who wore them had taken off their concealment charms. She kept Hojo distracted as everyone replaced their charms.

Hojo looked at his watch and realized he needed to go home to make dinner. He said good bye to everyone and started to make his way to the steps when something stopped him. He stared as an very old looking jar floated towards him and landed in his hands. As he looked at it, someone came running up the shine steps. Hojo saw Kanna running towards him almost out of breath. She came up to him and saw the jar in his hands. She hoped this had meant what she thought it had meant.

Kanna searched for any signs of Naraku. When she found none, she hugged him around the waist and cried happy tears as she muttered “ He’s gone. I’m free.” over and over. Hojo hugged his sister and patted her back until she stopped crying. Just then she noticed everyone else. She knew they knew who she was. She let go of Hojo and went towards the group. Kanna bowed her head and almost in tears said “ I’m sorry. For everything. “

Hojo stood confused. These people had never met Kanna. Kagome had never even met her. He looked at the jar in his hands. He remembered something about a demon who cast a spell to trap a heart in a jar, but he could of sworn it was an anime he watched a couple of years ago. He tried to remember the name of it but all he could remember of the title was Inu. He looked back up to see Kagome comforting Kanna. Kagome’s Husband’s brother Sess was trying to get his attention as he stood by the large tree. He wasn’t getting anywhere though. Hojo looked in shock as he was suddenly reminded what the name of the show was as Sess shouted “Inuyasha!” across the yard.

Inuyasha cursed under his breath as he realized Sess had just blown their cover. As he took out his hair tie, the others followed his example pulling off their charms. Without realizing it, Hojo started to rattle off the names of all the demons and hanyou surrounding him except for the nearly twin sisters, the young wolf demon, and the woman at Sess’s side. Kanna brought him out of his shock by placing her hand on his arm. She looked at the jar and then back towards Sess. She looked at Hojo and told him “ Open the jar. You’re the only one who can.”

He did as she told him to and opened the latch on the jar. The large amount of magical power unleashed was too much for him to handle. He let the jar go and it fell to the ground smashing it to pieces. A heart emerged from the rubble and flew towards Becky. Just before it reached her, it glowed so brightly everyone had to close their eyes. A second later, the light dimmed just in time to see Becky faint and start to fall back. She didn’t fall too far before she was caught by Sess. He started to become worried until Kanna told him “She is fine. It just overwhelmed her is all. She will be fine in a few minutes. “

Mrs. Higurashi showed Sess into the house so Becky could lay down on the couch until she came to. Outside, Kagome looked down at the jewel whose pieces were now all together. She clasped her hands together and tapped into her powers making the jewel pieces come together once again. Once she did, a soft pink glow engulfed the whole shrine. Sess and Mrs. Higurashi looked out the living room window to see a miko battling a large demon.

Before anyone could help, the miko destroyed the demon. She turned to the group behind her, lowering her bow to her side. Kagome looked down to see the jewel had disappeared. As she started to panic, the woman began to speak.

“ Kagome, do not be alarmed. The Shikon Jewel is no more. You have completed what you and your friends and family have been destined to do. All of you have helped to destroy Naraku, the greatest threat the world will ever see. Although you were destined to fight him much later, his stupidity caused his downfall. He miscalculated your powers and that was his final mistake. Thankfully, my descendant came into her powers at just the right moment.”

“ Just as you fought Naraku, I fought him inside the jewel as well. When you defeated him, I was also able to defeat him. When you used your powers to make the jewel whole, you gave me just enough power to defeat the last demon inside the jewel. I’m now free. Thank you, everyone. ” Everyone watched as the pink glow retreated until it was only surrounding Midoriko. As the light faded, Midoriko also faded away.

Inuyasha and Shippo both grabbed their mates and held them. They and everyone else just stood or sat enjoying the great sense of peace they all felt. All the fighting was over. Inside, Mrs. Higurashi excused herself to make tea for everyone. Sess went to the couch, kneeled and watched Becky as she started to come to. He brushed a stray hair from her face and smiled as she twitched. He also felt the great sense of peace and had wanted to hold Becky like Inuyasha held Kagome.

A moment later, Becky sat up and put her hand to her chest. She felt her heart beating underneath her hand and relaxed. When she felt a hand cover her own, she looked up to see Sess staring at her. She looked into his eyes and leaned towards him. She had been having this feeling ever since she met him. Like she was drawn to him. Just as she was about to reach him, Mrs. Higurashi came in and announced the tea was ready. Becky jumped up, took a cup of tea, and went outside.

Sess got up from the floor and sat on the couch. Mrs. Higurashi handed him a cup of tea, put down the tray, and sat down next to him. She could tell he was disappointed. From the doorway she could see the attraction between the two. She put her arm around him and gave him some advise “ Sess, I’m sorry I interrupted you. Don’t be discouraged. If it wasn’t for me, you’d be kissing her right now. You’ve faced things more difficult than this, I’m sure.” She got up, picked the tray back up, and turned back to him and said “ You’re a lord, go get your lady.”

He watched her leave the room and realized she was right. Sess got up and followed her out to the yard. He saw Becky standing away from everyone else just watching them. He came up behind her and put his hand on her shoulder. She turned, looked at him, and smiled. She went back to watching the others. Sess looked to see what she was looking at so longingly. He noticed her focus was on the two couples sitting under the tree.

He saw Mrs. Higurashi look his way, smile and wink at him. She got everyone to focus on her by asking what they wanted for dinner. Sess went to make his move when he was interrupted by Becky. She turned towards him and asked him “Do all fairy tales have happy endings?”

He looked down at her. He smiled and turned her back towards the others. He hugged her from behind and laid his chin on top of her head. “ Inuyasha and Kagome’s fairy tale has had a happy ending and so has ours.”

At his words, she turned around and looked at him with a puzzled look on her face. She asked him “ What do you mean by our…” She was silenced as he bent down and kissed her. He kissed her with so much passion she became weak in the knees. She reached up and put her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.

All of a sudden, they heard Inuyasha yell from across the yard “Way to go, Sess!” . She let go of him and waited for him to get angry at Inuyasha. She looked up at him and saw a weird look on his face. A second later, he laughed so hard his sides hurt.

A little while later, everyone went inside the house to either help with dinner or watch TV. Sess stopped Becky and pulled her to him. She noticed everyone else was gone and realized he wanted to be alone with her. They stood at the entrance of the shrine holding each other watching the sunset. She laid her head on his chest and thought ‘ You’re right, Sess. Our fairy tale had has a happy ending and we’ll live happily ever after.’

The End