InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Me Up Inside ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wake Me Up Inside

Chapter 13

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---

Trees whizzed passed to the right and cars to the left as Beth's pick-up truck drove down the rural roads heading for the highway that would take them to Nashville. Buckled up in the middle seat between Beth and Kagome, Sherry giggled and pointed to a donkey grazing in a pasture. Kagome grinned at the animal causing Beth to scheme about taking Kagome to meet a friend of hers who had a pair of the strange equines.

"All right. If you insist," Kagome giggled. "Now, back to that question from earlier. Who are these friends of Yue's that you guys are talking about?"

"Ah yes. Back to this. Their names are Zach Downen, Keito Yamada, and Dave Prather. They're three crazy guys that Yue met and hung out with in school. They were his best friends. These days, they're the only ones that still come by to see him. And as nutty as they are, they manage to make a pilgrimage one weekend every single month to come hang out with him," Beth explained.

"Yeah. They're really weird. Dave is tall and really cold, mean, and scary. Keito, he's a goofball. And Zach, he's the brains of the operation, despite the fact that he's a natural blond," Sherry giggled.

"Wow. That's an interesting combination," Kagome commented.

"They certainly are. Those three can't last five minutes in a room together without starting up some kind of argument. It amazes me sometimes how they can still manage to be such good friends," Beth said wryly.

"Usually it's Dave and Keito bickering and Zach being the one to break it up," Sherry input.

"True, that. Apparently, Yue had been the head honcho of their little rat pack. Even Dave, who never lets anyone push him around, seems to hold Yue in high esteem," Beth nodded as she turned onto a different road.

"So I take it, they normally live a good ways from here?" Kagome inquired.

"Dave and Zach live in Knoxville these days. Keito lives up in Livingston. His mother works as a professor in computers over at Tech," Beth answered.

"Oh, okay. So Dave and Zach are studying at UT?" the miko asked.

"I know Zach does. I'm not sure about Dave. I think he dropped out at some point," the nurse replied.

"Oh, I see," Kagome nodded.

"Did you have many friends in school?" Sherry asked with a curious gleeful grin.

"I wasn't the most popular girl around, but yes, I had several friends I hung out with a lot. Mainly three girls and one guy who had a crush on me forever it seemed," Kagome said, laughing as she recalled all the times Hojo had tried to charm her.

"Oh wow. What were their names?" the young girl prodded eagerly.

"There was Eri, Ayumi, and Yuka. And the guy's name was Hojo."

"Do you still talk to them?"

"Not as often as I use to, but yes. I talk to them every once in a while. They're all working on finishing college studies like I am. Though, I think Hojo's going to follow his family and run a health store. He always was giving me things that were suppose to make me healthy. Of course, that was mostly because of all the lies Ji-chan told about me being sick," the miko chuckled.

"That's so sweet. I bet it made Inuyasha one jealous puppy though," Sherry giggled.

"You bet it did. Though, sometimes I was half to blame. For a long time, I would wind up dating Hojo just because I was mad at Inuyasha for this or that. In the end though, despite the fact he's clueless on all that he's done for me, I think Hojo was one of the ones who forced me to see how much Inuyasha really did mean to me. Yes, Inuyasha made me really mad at times. But, when I would go out on dates with Hojo, the one person I always wound up thinking about was Inuyasha. No matter how much time we spent together, I could never stop seeing Hojo just as a really good friend who just happened to be male. Whereas with Inuyasha, it's always been completely different. Whether they be good or bad, anger or passion, Inuyasha's always fed the flames inside me. Spending time with Hojo helped me to see that," Kagome smiled.

"Wow. That's so cool," Sherry gushed.

"I agree," Beth nodded.

------------------------------------------------------

"What the fuck?! Out of bounds, my ass! Both feet touched down inside the line before he went down, you moron! Who the hell ever taught you how to ref?!" Dave bellowed as he crumpled up his empty potato chip bag and threw it at the wall-mounted television set. Zach blinked.

"Dave, are you even capable of making through a single game without cussing out the referee?" the calmer blond asked with a quirked brow as he got up to retrieve the wadded wrapper.

"No. Because the damn refs are incapable of going through a single game without screwing up!" the taller male spat heatedly. Zach shook his head with a sigh as he tossed the piece of trash into the rubbish bin. Dave frowned, "What?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing, my ass."

"You know, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, Dave. Especially considering I know for a fact, you do have a certain something tattooed on your right ass cheek," Zach smirked.

"Dude, you say anything more about that and I will fucking knock you across the room," Prather scowled. Zach merely chuckled causing Dave to grumble.

`Oooh.. this is something new. I'll have to ask you later, Zach, what that something is,' Yue secretly plotted from where his soul listened intently to the conversations flowing between the two young men.

The ball suddenly bounced into Keito's court as the chocolate haired oriental boy snored loud enough to startle himself awake. In the process of jolting up to instant wakefulness, the man also manage to fling his center of gravity hard enough to cause his body to fall right out of the chair. He let out a short scream, failing wildly before quite unceremoniously crashing to the floor with a hard thump and a, "Ooph!"

"Well I'll be damned! He finally managed to snore loud enough to wake himself up! I never thought I'd see the day!" Dave mocked as he howled in laughter.

"Well you have to give it to him for a nice try at waking Yue too. I'm pretty sure the lady down the hall heard you even with her failing ears," Zach said wryly as he put his hand on his hip.

"Oh, funny guys. Real funny. What a regular riot," Keito said sourly as he pealed himself off the floor and stood with a slight stagger. "Whoa…"

"Well, you know you can't always be the comic here. As your friends, it's our job to take your place when you're busy landing on your ass," Zach pointed out.

"Damn straight," Dave nodded with a wicked grin. "No need to thank us for making you the butt of our jokes. You do a pretty damn good job of making an ass of yourself in the first place," he grinned. Zach snorted before tumbling into outright laughter as he patted Dave on the shoulder.

"Reality check. Making an ass of one's self is half the job of a comic. Duh," Keito retorted as he fell back to sit in the armchair again. He reached up to rub at his eyes and temples while waiting for his brain to get reoriented. "So technically, as the group's comedian, I have to be better at making an ass of myself than the two of you morons. But it's nice to see the two of you can be asses from time to time too. Like you said, I can't be the one doing it all the time."

`You have a damn good point there, Keito,' Yue laughed from within the prison of his mind.

"You're getting intelligent and scary. I think it's time you fed that gullet of yours again, man," Dave said with a look of horror.

"So nice of you to offer to pay, Dave," Keito grinned brightly. "You're such a sweetie sometimes. You know that. Come here, you deserve a big sloppy wet KISS!!" Yamada said in a high-pitched voice while batting his eyes then going after Dave.

Zach gasped and slapped his hands over his face as his voice came out muffled, "Oh my god…"

"Oh holy shit! I'm outta here!" Dave squealed as he scrambled for the door. "I ain't wait'n for you Zach!"

"Whoa, whoa, I'm right behind you!" Zach cried out as he tore out after Dave. Inuyasha, meanwhile was thankful his emotions didn't effect his body currently else he would have suffocated himself from laughing so hard. Moments later, Keito burst into hysterics.

"Room cleared in less than thirty seconds. Two points go to Keito the Great!" he cheered with a wicked snicker. "Now, to busy myself while they're gone," he said as he looked to the clock to mentally mark the start of his allotted time.

`Gee, what a difference a nap can make,' Yue laughed, knowing full well the trouble was only just starting.

--------------------------------------------

Kagome Higurashi groaned happily as she leaned back in her chair patting her full stomach. After already having spent an hour shopping, the three girls had finally decided a visit to the food court was a good idea. Sherry sat trying to figure out what the heck her kid's meal toy even was while Beth worked on finishing up the last of her super messy big mac. Grinning wickedly, Kagome reached up to snatch one of the fries from older girl's tray.

"Ut! Hey! Theif!" Beth protested melodramatically. Sherry looked up and giggled as she snatched one as well. "Yer both terrible! Fry thieves!"

"Thank you," Sherry giggled.

"Aww, come on Beth!" Kagome whimpered with a pouty puppy expression.

"Insufferable!" the nurse huffed with a frown of mock irritation. The other two girls simply stuck their tongues out at her. Beth grinned and shook her head. "All right. Who's ready to get out there and do some more shopping?"

"Oh! Me!" Sherry blurted as she gathered her trash together.

"I guess that answers that," Kagome grinned as she picked up her own mess and headed to the trash can at the little girl's side. Beth smirked and rose to head to dump her own rubbish as the two girls returned to gather their belongings. Once all three had their purses and shopping bags in hand, they turned and headed out to start another round of shopping.

After twenty minutes of walking and poking around in random stores, the group of females came upon a foreign imports store. Seeing things immediately recognizable to her, Kagome was drawn into the shop as the smell of incense filled her nose and inspired memories of home. Beth blinked at all the odd items coming from multiple Asian places and cultures. Sherry gawked in awe at the richness of it all, feeling for a moment as though she were magically transported to a shop in Hong Kong or the likes. The image was complete by the short Chinese woman who greeted them from behind the sales counter.

"Good day. Is there something you look for today?" the woman asked with a smile despite the heavy accent tattling how difficult it was for her to pronounce the foreign words correctly enough to be understood.

"Hello," Kagome returned with a cheerful smile. "Not really. We're just kind of roaming around enjoying the afternoon."

"A fine day for it," the woman nodded. "If you need help, please let me know."

"We will. Thank you," Kagome agreed.

"This place is so cool. It's so totally you, Kagome," Sherry bubbled gleefully. Seeing a jade dragon candle holder on a shelf, she leaned in for a closer look at the detail in the item.

"I agree," Beth nodded.

"This smell, it's similar to some of the incense Ji-chan uses back at the shrine," Kagome said with a fondness shining in her eyes. "I can just see him sweeping off the stairs with his bamboo broom while trying to tell us kids some crazy half made-up story about the history of one thing or another," she giggled.

"You think maybe some day, I can come visit? It'd be so cool to see a place like that," Sherry begged with youthful enthusiasm.

"I don't see why not. I'd love to show you and Beth where I grew up," the miko replied.

"I get the feeling I'll need to bring lots of film," Beth responded with a smirk.

"Knowing you, I'd say definitely so," Kagome laughed.

"Are there many volcanoes near where you live, Kagome?" the little girl asked as she picked up a white porcelin vase. Painted in blue on it's exterior was a scene of people working in the rice fields with mountains towering in the distance. One mountain was taller than the rest and depicted a smoking a tad.

"There are many, which is why there are so many hot springs dotting the land," Kagome answered.

"That's so cool," Sherry grinned.

As her eyes fell upon one particular garment hanging in the clothing section of the store, Kagome couldn't help but gasp at it. It was a purple haori depicting a large rising sun in hues of scarlet, burning autumn orange, and rich gold on both it's front and back. Hanging along with it was a matching purple hakama with a sash of the colors used to embroider the sun on the haori. Withdrawing the set from the rack, she let her fingers dance over the material as she pulled them to her.

"Oh wow. That's really pretty," Sherry commented as she saw what had captured Kagome's attention. Beth gravitated to the scene and gaped at the items.

"I agree, Sherry. You gonna get it, Kagome?"

Kagome didn't answer. Her eyes were glued to the material as though seeing, yet also seeing something else inspired by it. In her mind, she could see the traditional Japanese garb adorning not her, but someone else entirely precious to her. In her mind, she saw Inuyasha wearing the purple of the outfit she held instead of the red of his usual attire. Just picturing him in it, both as the black haired human that lay in bed back at the hospice, and as the silver haired hanyou she'd once known him to be, it made her heart freeze in her chest. For a moment, everything became still right down to the blood in her veins. When sounds around her drew her back to life, her heart beat so wildly within her chest she wondered how the entire state couldn't hear it.

"Kagome?" Beth asked as she tapped her friend's shoulder.

"Yeah, sorry. I kind of spazzed out there for a moment," Kagome laughed nervously as she blinked and looked to the two girls.

"So are ya gonna get it?" Sherry prodded.

"Yes I am," she nodded. "However," she paused to look down at the garments, "it needs one more thing to complete it." Turning, she walked back over to the service desk.

"Found something you like?" the woman asked with a smile seeing Kagome's arms loaded with the pieces of traditional Japanese attire.

"Yes. Actually, I was wondering if you might have a simple yukata to go with this," Kagome told the woman.

"Ah, yes," the woman nodded as she came out from behind the desk to lead back to the clothing section. She went straight to a rack next to the one that had the outfit Kagome found. Though after glancing back at the purple haori and hakama, the woman frowned and shook her head. "These no good for that. I be back," she said before disappearing behind the "Employees Only" door.

"That'll look so good on you, Kagome," Beth cooed. Kagome blinked at her friend.

"Oh, I'm not getting it for me. I'm getting it for him," the miko answered almost as though her intensions should be obvious.

"You're getting it for Yue? Oh my god, that's so cool! Wow, I bet he'll look awesome in it!" the child babbled joyfully.

"You put Romeo in that, and even with his condition, you'll be beating girls off of him with a stick!" Beth blurted as she reached out to touch the fabric. Sherry chortled before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"No worries, Kagome! I'll help you defend him!" she said in between spouts of laughter. Just then, the clerk reappeared from the back with a honey amber yukata in her arms. Kagome's eyes widened at the article.

"Will this work?" the Chinese woman smiled.

"That's perfect!" Kagome exclaimed as she took the yukata into her arms to look it over.

"With that one, less is a shame," the woman said with a gleam in her dark brown almond eyes.

"Forget the stick. Bring a cane switch and your bow just to be safe," Beth told her.

"I knew reading Harry Potter would pay off. Those books are so big I can throw `em at people! Especially that girl that works the front in the evenings," Sherry added.

"Oi, I know what you mean. She irritates me too, flirting with every man she sees. Mark might like her," Beth said flatly.

"I don't know. I think there's more to Mark than you realize," Kagome smirked.

"Oh, don't you even get started," Beth snorted. Kagome giggled.

"Is there more I get for you?" the clerk asked the miko.

"Oh, thank you, but no. This ends my spending for the day as it is," Kagome chuckled as she turned to walk back up front to pay for it.

"This is a gift for someone?" the clerk asked.

"Yes. It's for a very dear friend of mine who's a bit ill right now. Hopefully, it'll help lift his spirit," Kagome answered with a soft smile that carried a heavy dose of passion and sorrow mixed together. The expression, as well as her words, was not lost on the woman.

"You are kind person. Your friend is very lucky. I'm sure it make him happy," the Chinese woman said in her broken and labored English.

"I agree, Kagome. This is something that he was comfortable with for a very long time. This should do a damn good job of ringing his bell, in more ways than one," Beth nodded.

"I tell you what. Take yukata as part of outfit. You owe me nothing for it," the clerk smiled kindly. The miko gasped as she gave a flabbergasted look.

"Oh, you don't have to do that. I can pay you for it," Kagome objected politely.

"I insist," the woman told her with a warm stubborn smile.

"That is.. very kind of you. Thank you," Kagome said with a blush as she pulled out her wallet to pay for the haori and hakama.

"Most welcome," the clerk returned as she rang up the sale. She repeated the total, minus the cost of the yukata, then swiped Kagome's card. While Kagome signed the slip, the woman handed the card back, folded the clothes and stacked them neatly before placing them in a bag. She stuck the receipt in the bag then passed it across the counter to the Japanese woman in exchange for the signature slip. "May Buddha bless your friend."

"Thank you. I certainly hope so. With all that he's suffered, he's well overdue for some good fortune. Though, he's a strong one. I have faith he'll pull through just as he always has," Kagome said with a sigh.

"Come back again and tell me how it goes," the clerk beckoned.

"I will try," Kagome nodded. With that, she left the store with Beth and Sherry in tow.

"I'm sure he'll like it, Kagome," Sherry grinned. "It'll make him feel like him."

Kagome glanced into the bag as she walked, part of the sun emblem looking back at her. She smiled softly and hugged the bag to her. Hope was blooming ever stronger in her heart now. This was a sign and she knew it. "I'm sure his old clothes are hidden wherever Tetsusaiga was. But, there's something in this that means something. I'm sure of it. They're new clothes. Still in the style that is so very much Inuyasha, it speaks of a change in era yet not who he is. A new sun is slowly beginning to rise for him, just as it does on the haori. It's gathering all the colors that are his friends together in the sky above him. The red stands for the blood he's shed to pay for his future. The orange and gold are for the richness of life coming with the dawn. The purple.. is for how very precious he is to those closest to him. Besides that, he is a prince. His brother just never allowed him to walk as one," Kagome pondered aloud.

"That was very well put, Kagome. You're a miko. Since mikos are suppose to sense such things the keenest, then it must be true," Beth smiled.

"Yep! I think it is too," Sherry chirped.

"Thanks you two. I'm really lucky to have found the both of you to keep me from crumbling," Kagome smiled as her eyes shimmered with profound emotion.

"That's what friends are for," Sherry said.

"You took the words right out of my mouth, Sherry," Beth chuckled. Sherry grinned back at her.

----------------------------------------------------

Keito Yamada's mind played the theme to Mission Impossible as he crept into the hospice's employee lounge. As hoped, the room was empty. Smirking, he dashed over to the lockers and pulled out the fancy swiss army knife he carried for missions like this. It made him feel a bit like MacGyver, only with a dandy streak of perverted mischief running through his soul. He picked three key locks before finding a locker containing a set of quite feminine scrubs. They were pink with fairy princesses flying all over them. Keito knew the nurses here well enough to know exactly who the scrubs belonged to. Thankfully, that woman worked morning shifts during the week, therefore she wouldn't be missing anything too soon. He made a mental note to slip Jodie a tip later for leaving her scrubs at work.

`Oh yes,' the young man thought with a wicked grin as he extracted the pants. `These will do just fine,' he quickly shut and relocked the locker. Then, he folded the pants and carefully stuffed them into one of the larger pockets in his black cargo pants. After peeking out to check the coast, he zipped out and shut the lounge door. It took but a minute for him to return to Yue's room leaving no clues of his crime.

Once inside the room, Keito withdrew the scrub pants from his pocket. Opening the drawer to the nightstand beside Yue's bed, he shoved the pants into the drawer and shut it. The thing was full of Yue's personal things anyway, i.e. photos, clothing accessories, and other non-valuable character items. Standing up straight, Keito allowed himself a quick chuckle.

"Just wait till they return, Yue. I'll show `em who's the real comedian around here," he snickered.

`I knew it. I knew you'd find a way to pull something, you idiot,' Yue's mind chuckled back.

"Ooh. That's right. I'm not done yet," Keito grinned, snapping his fingers. Out of another pocket in his pants, he pulled a rolled up white t-shirt. "God, I love these pants. They're so useful!" Keito commented before snapping the t-shirt out to it's full glory. The young man trotted over to shut the door. Then he proceeded to change the boring hunter green shirt Yue had been wearing to the new white one. In the center of the shirt, over Yue's chest was the large red circle from the Japanese flag. In the center, black brush font ideographs spelt out a phrase. Beneath the circle, in large ninja font letters, it read, "Kiss me. I'm Japanese."

"Trust me, Yue. That shirt's good for ya," Keito chuckled as he walked back over to re-open the door.

`Okay. Now I'm scared,' Yue's soul frowned.

Keito folded up the green shirt and put it back in the proper drawer of the dresser holding Yue's clothes. Then he picked up the album of CDs he'd brought in from his car. Walking over to the stereo, he pulled out a Maroon 5 CD and popped it in the player. Setting the CD book down next to the stereo, he hit play. As he headed back to reclaim the armchair "throne" as his, one of the weekend practitioners entered.

"Oh hello, Kim. You got lucky. I managed to chase the other two fools off to grab some chow," he greeted with a smirk.

"Hello Keito. That's awful nice of you," she chuckled, knowing Keito well enough to know there was more to the story. No doubt involving some kind of mischief on his part.

"Hey, what can I say? I'm a nice guy," he responded with a charming smile and a shrug causing the nurse to laugh and shake her head. "Point me where ya need me, mon belle captain," he said with a salute.

"Very well," Kim nodded, wasting no time in getting to work. Then she noticed the shirt. She looked to Keito and smiled knowingly. "Cute."

Dave and Zach arrived back just as Keito and Kim were finishing up with Yue's exercises. As Kim quit the room, Zach sorted the fast food bags to the chairs of the bags' respective owners. Meanwhile, Dave frowned and walked over to the bed to eye the different shirt Yue was wearing, knowing he'd been wearing a green one when they'd left.

"You've been at it again, Keito. You weasel," he commented. Then he focused on reading the shirt, "Kiss me. I'm Japanese."

`It says what?!' came Yue's unheard reply.

"I found that the other day and just couldn't resist getting it for him," Keito chuckled as he picked up his bag and plopped into the arm chair.

"Dude, he's going to kill you for this when he comes back," Dave said matter-of-factly with a quirked brow.

`Well, I wouldn't mind if Kagome obeyed the shirt,' Inuyasha smirked. `If she does, I'll give ya brownie points. If anybody else kisses me though, I'm so kicking your ass, Keito!'

"Oh yeah! I got something for you too, Zach," Keito smiled.

"Uh-oh," came the blond genius's reply. Keito reached into the night stand drawer and pulled out something. He shut the drawer then tossed the something at Zach who automatically caught it.

"Here. These are from Dave. Merry Christmas and Happy Pansy Day," Keito grinned cutely. Zach sweatdropped as he realized what he held were the lady's scrub pants, Dave had suggested Keito fetch earlier.

"I knew it. I knew you'd do it, you ass," Dave laughed as he gave Keito a complementing smack on the back.

"Of course. I just needed a little more sleep first," Keito shrugged before chowing down on his massive cheeseburger.

"Umm, Dave, you can keep them," Zach threw the pants at Dave who was busy pulling out his own burger. Zach and Keito cracked up laughing as the pants conveniently landed on Dave's head, one leg hanging down the side, the other in front of his face.

"Damn you!" the older boy spat crossly as he removed the pants from his head. The smell of a familiar brand of women's perfume assaulted his nose. Irritably, he threw the pants at Keito. Yue silently joined Zach and the younger Japanese boy in a chorus of laughter. Though, he couldn't see what was happening, he knew it had to do with Zach passing the pants to Dave.

"Hey, I thought you liked Jodie, Dave. Don't you wanna use those to your advantage?" Keito asked.

`Oooh, Keito! Mistake!' Yue snickered as Zach smirked.

"Come here, Funnyman, so I can smite that wiseass of yours!" Dave growled.

"You do know that if you hit him, you're still the one holding the pants. You're the one that masterminded they're theft. Therefore, when they come in here to break you two up, it's going to be you who gets blamed. Then what do you think will happen to your chances of ever landing a date with Jodie," Zach pointed out calmly as he liberally added dressing to his salad. Dave froze then hissed and threw the pants at Keito.

"Take them, Joker. I don't give a damn!" the surly young man growled before taking his seat and pulling the food out of his bag. Keito snickered while Zach softly smiled before filling his mouth with a bite of chicken caesar salad.

`Obviously, you do. Nice one, Zach,' Yue grinned.

"Wipe that damn smirk off yer face, Zach!" Dave ordered. "I swear, one of these days, I'm gonna wind up feeding you to the lions at the zoo."

"Ooh, I'm scared," Zach responded, earning a death glare from the older boy.

`Careful, Zach. He might actually clobber you himself. And you know how much he'd enjoy it too,' Yue advised. `Why the hell do I say these things? It's not like they'd listen even if they could hear my wisdom,' he frowned dejectedly.

"I dunno, Dave. You do that and Yue just might retaliate. He's Japanese, you know. He might just bewitch that bear and have it attack you. That would be a horrible way to die," Keito nodded with a serious face. Dave looked at him as though he'd grown a set of rabbit ears. Inside himself, Yue burst into a fit of laughter.

"Keito, dude… you are seriously messed up in the fucking head," Dave told the younger man.

"Thank you," Keito chirped with a cheesy grin.

`Holy hell, you are just too good sometimes, Keito!' Yue roared in amusement.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------

Penguine: Hidy-ho peeps. There ya have it, another chapter finished in this insanely long tale. More fun to come as always. Since I have little to say in my ending blurb and even more reviews to answer than last time, I'll skip my usual rambling and jump straight into the replies. :)

FFnet Review Replies

Rai-en-chan: Heehee, yeah, them three guys keep crack'n me up too. Especially in this chapter. I can't quit laughing at Keito trying to kiss Dave.. and Dave winding up with a pair of pink scrub pants on his head. XD :: Yeah, people do ask a lot of the same questions. And yeah, the impatience is a bit irritating too. Though what I find disturbing is when they ask questions that I've answered in author notes. :: Eh.. most of the cliffies, I don't write with evil intent. They just sorta happen. 12 was the only chapter I wrote one to be intentionally cruel. -lol-

Esmilla: I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Asharra: Sessy and Rin be Yue/Inuyasha's parents? Ehh… I disagree. That sounds gross to me. Besides that.. it'd kinda make Yue a redneck. :S No, I already know who Yue's parents are and where Sessy and Rin are, as well as Kouga, Ayame, Shippo, Kirara, and others.

Suki1: -lol- That sounded like a yearbook autograph. XD :: I will certainly try to stick to my weekly weekend updates. :) And if I don't, as I've told others, you're welcome to bug the hell out of me.

InuLvr4: Some of it is meant to be a little confusing. Like how Inuyasha is suddenly some modern world boy with modern parents, friends from high school, and even a birth certificate. And stuff like that. But if you have a question that really bugs you, you're welcome to ask.

Ixchen: -lol- More coming next weekend.

Gohan/videlgoten/trunkslover: I hear an echo. -lol-

Blackrosebunny451: The guys'll be meet'n the gals in chapter 14. -grin-

Allin656: Heeheehee.. Yeah. Just imagine the chaos when Yue gets to wake up and play an active role in their squabbling again. -cackles- Sessy'll burst a gasket. XD :: At this point, I'm guessing that scene will take place in a chapter somewhere in the 20s. All I can say is, it's something that's carried significance in Inuyasha's life. I'll let you ponder on what that something is till then. -smirk-

KAekO-x3: Updates come once a week on the weekend. :)

VietGal: Sadly, at 23, I'm too old to trick-or-treat. Instead, I dress up to hand the candy out. :) :: Inuyasha will wake sometime in the 20s area of chapter numbers, most likely.

Hikari Tsuki Chi: Cool name. Yes, Kagome will be meeting the boys. That'll be happening in chapter 14. Not sure when they'll hear her story though.

KittieSand Katie: Yes, I agree. Naraku is weird. After that episode where Onigumo came out for a while… ehh.. that just ruined my image of the guy. Now, I can't help but see him in a Mardi Gras parade with a cup of beer.. and a lack of clothes. -twitch- :: The Stooges write themselves. -lol- They're good at entertaining me too. Especially Keito. -giggles-

Muse of the Stars: Heehee, yeah. I'd love to hang out with those guys too. Though, I'm quite sure Dave would have a way too easy time intimidating the hell outta me. -lol-

Cherrysinger: Inuyasha will most likely be waking sometime in the 20s, chapter-wise.

True lust for Blood: That would be FFnet's server experiencing one of its infamous funks. When that happens, just come back later. The problem will fix itself.

Ariane Juarez: No, it wasn't just you. There was a time there for a while when quite a few people experienced problems. It was FFnet's server being a butt again. :S

Ladyofthedragons1: I estimate that scene will occur sometime in the 20s area. No, bribes and threats won't work. Sorry. I got too much planned to write about before that happens.

Nysoku: -cracks up laughing at your review- Funny stuff. XD :: Thanks for the luck. I'll use it to beat my muse into submission. Or die trying. -glares at muse-

La mort rouge: :)

Inuyashasgirl12: That'll be around the 20 mark, I'm estimating.

Wackywisher18: Kagome will be meeting them in the next chapter. :)

Humble-bumble: As I've told others in this round of replies, that'll be happening sometime around or soon after chapter 20.

Kibo: Ooh, thank you for that tip. I'll fix it as soon as I can. :)

Soul-Of-A-Lost: :) I'm glad you like. Updates come every weekend.

Aki no Kami: That would be FFnet's server being screwy again. Quite a few people spoke of similar issues last week. :P Sorry about that.

Kagome13: Yue's three friends are new characters, not reincarnations.

Lord of the Pit: Those are some very good questions. They'll be answered as the story progresses.

Daddy's Pixie: No worries. You're fine. :)

Thalia Branwen: Updates come every weekend. :)

Miroku-has-darkness: I did? Oh how bad of me. I'm sorry. -looks back- Oh, no worries. I've already got a plan of how to introduce Shippo to the story as well as the others that are still missing. :)

Hosaki: Umm.. It was stating in the first episode of Inuyasha that Kagome is Kikyou's reincarnation. ;) :: I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Articuno: Heehee. :)

Mystic-Soul: Yes, I will definitely add a lot of fluff to that scene. No worries on that. :) :: Updates come every weekend.

Silentchill13: Yeah, Naraku's old news. This story's about new news. :)

Mediaminer Review Replies

Vixenpi: Yeah, you're right. That does sound like an oxymoron. -lol- :: Most welcome. I'm glad you like it. I generally put out an update every weekend. :)

Caliko: No. Zach, Dave, and Keito are all entirely new characters.

Jem46: I'm glad you like the story. I try to put out updates to it every weekend. And if I miss a weekend, by all means feel free to bug me till I do update. I hate to keep the readers waiting any longer than necessary.

HanyouBabe: I'm honored. :) I will do my best to keep posting every weekend.

SSR: I can't stand tragedies. This will definitely be ending on a happy note.. when it does end. Which is obviously a good while from now.

KowaiiMusume: Updates come every weekend.

Tinak142: I'm glad you like the story. Inuyasha's waking will take place most likely sometime soon after chapter 20.

Rain: Will do. :)

Kachie-chan: -lol- I'm glad you're enjoying it. As I've told other new readers, updates come every weekend. :)