InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Walking Among the Living ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Four









She walked through the grand hall of the shrine. Towards the highly decorated door at the end of the hall. When she reached the door, she hesitated. She put her hands up to the door and hesitated again. Then she pushed the door open and walked through it.
There in the middle of the room was a marble pedestal. The pedestal was glowing, through it wasn’t the pedestal that was activating it, and it was what was on it that made it glow. A clear crystal sword. It had a silver handle, not too short, but long enough to hold. Her attention drifted back to the pedestal. It had writing on it; she had never seen any writing like it before. However when she concentrated on it the writing seemed to make sense. The longer she concentrated and stared, the more the writing made sense, until she could flat out read it. So she read. She understood. She comprehended the meaning of the text. She was enlightened.



“Sword of Holy Light,
Sword of Lady Fate,
Wielded by feminine might,
Destroyer of evil before she is too late,
Such is the sword to do by fulfilling the prophecy of The Great Fight.”

(Real corny I know…)


‘What a weird message that was, oh well this must be the Holy Sword. Lady Fate said that I needed to retrieve the Holy Sword. So here goes nothing…’



She walked slowly to the pedestal. Her hands were shaking, she found it strange because she was a ghost and she wasn’t afraid either. Yet here she was, shaking, about to grab the Holy Sword, and she was contemplating that? She was finally able to continue her journey. Her quest. Her mission to be alive again.



So she grabbed the sword, energy flowed through her. Her hand started glowing, the glowing started to grow and went up her arm, over her shoulder until it covered her whole body. It was like the sword was accepting her, becoming one with her. It became so intense that she blacked out.



She awoke in darkness, much like the darkness when she had died. All around her was black.



~ I see you found the sword. ~ A soft voice said from the darkness, the same voice from her past.



“Lady Fate?”



~ Yes. ~



“Why am I here?”



~ Curious one aren’t you? I called you here to give you the information on the man that I wish to have the soul of. ~



“Is this so I can find him?”



~ Yes. But before I do, I wish to ask you a question. ~



“A question? But what can I know that you don’t?”



~ It is true, that I know much, for I am Fate. However I do not know what goes on inside other people’s minds. ~



“Oh, I get it. I would be honored to reply to your question.”



~ I wish to know how you felt these past few days? I sense that something has changed within you. ~



“To tell you the truth I don’t know what it is. I just feel more alive, and dare I say it, happier.”



~ I see, I have a request, my request is that before you search out the man who’s soul I want, please find a few people to travel with you. ~



“People? To travel with?”



~ Yes, they are just like you, ghosts whom I have let walk the earth. They also have powers similar to you. ~



“Powers? You mean like how I can control Holy and Light energies?”



~ Yes. They have the powers of Water and Fire though. ~



“I see. Well if it’s what Lady Fate wishes, I will honor that, and find them.”



~ Good. I’ll tell you about them. Their names are Sango and Miroku. ~



“Sango and Miroku?”



~ Yes Sango is a young woman a couple years older than you, about 17. Miroku is a young man of 17 as well. ~



“May I know what they look like?”



~ Of course. Sango has mid to lower-back length brownish-maroon hair. She usually has it up in a bun, with strands framing her face. Her eyes are brown as well, and she wears a female fighting suit, similar to that of a samurai. ~



“So she’s a fighter?”



~ Yes. She is very capable in the art of fighting. However she only fights when there is no alternative or if her friends/family are in danger. ~



“I see. How about Miroku?”



~Miroku has black hair that is slightly longer than his ears. He has brown eyes as well. Miroku dresses in the robes of a holy man, and is also a strong fighter. ~



“Were they killed by the same person as me?”



~ Yes. ~



“Lady Fate… May I ask what happened to the girl?”



~ She was absorbed into the man. That is his power; he steals the power of the special people I grant it to. The little girl’s power of Sight and Wind were assimilated into his make-up. ~



“That’s horrible! All right! I’ll guarantee you that I’ll find those two, and Him!”



~ Good, now on to the man I want. His name is Naraku, and he’s a minor lord in the western territories. Be careful though, there is word that he is moving up in rank, from promotion or disappearance of the ruling lords. ~



“Okay, so I find Sango and Miroku. Then I find Naraku?”



~ Correct. In order to find out which minor lord, see the Cardinal Lord. His name is Sesshomaru. Naraku is in hiding and he would be the only one that knows it is him, just ask if anything peculiar is up with any of his lesser lords. Now, I must return you. ~



She blacked out again. When she awoke, there was a hand upon her shoulder. It was the hand of the elder, she found out when she lifted her head up from the ground and looked at the owner of the said hand.



“Elder?” She asked making sure it was he. She was still a little disoriented at the moment.



“Yes, are you alright miss? You just appeared out side the shrine unconscious.” He answered in a worried and confused tone.



“Yes, I’m fine.” She noticed that it was particularly uncomfortable lying on the ground. There was something long and hard underneath her. ‘The sword!’ She thought, and she practically jumped, scaring the elder when she did such a thing.



She stared at the Holy Sword in awe. She stared at it with hope. Se stared at it with determination. The elder started at the Holy Sword like it was some kind of miracle. He couldn’t take his eyes off of it, until she picked it up.



“Come,” he said. “We will go back to the village then I will leave you to your own devices.”



“Very well.” She answered softly; somewhat annoyed she couldn’t leave yet. But she was honorable and respective, thus she would listen to the elder.



She put her sword in the sash that was around her waist, letting the sword get hidden by the cape as she walked. It was why she wore the priestess outfit, though she made a few adjustments.



She wore her hair down, a little below her shoulders and her pearly white cape that hung off of them. The sash that was around the long white skirt was a silvery color and had multiple strands forming it. Her shirt was a halter-top that matched her white skirt and cape. The shoes she wore were flat and were silver like her sash and the make of her shirt. The mark was shapes like an ‘L’ with little diamond bubbles, one on each side of it.
When the elder and her came into the village, everyone took a moment to look at them, then they went back to fixing their homes. The small boy, that had gotten her to help the village, came up to them.



“Miss! Thank you! May I know your name?” The small boy asked enthusiastically.



She was uncertain to answer. She had only giver her name in very few instances. Yet she felt more alive than she had since she had died.



“My name…my name is Kagome…” The young boy’s eyes widened at the mention of her name. Then his eyes went back to normal and he looked back at her with playfulness and mischievous twinkles that reminded her of Kaze.



The elder bid them farewell at that moment. He left to go help the other villagers in rebuilding. As a result the boy and her stood there in the outskirts of the village.



“Kagome.” He stated, somewhat nervously.



“Yes?” She questioned worriedly.



“My family is dead…have been for a while…do you? Do you think I could come with you?”



Her eyes widened at that question. She was unsure on what to do. If she said ‘no’ then he would most likely be commended to death. If she said ‘yes’ then the child would have to go on her quest.



“Yes…yes, you may.” She answered though she never figured out why she chose that choice.


Please Review!!!