InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Watcher In The Woods ❯ Day Three: What Dreams May Come? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Day Three:What Dreams May Come?


Disclaimer: Unfortunately, I STILL don't own Inuyasha, but, I made a list of what I need to get him.
1. Large strong box.
2. Long rope.
3. Long branch.
4. A carton of Beef flavored Ramen Noodles
5. Unscented deodorant.

It's too dark and too late to catch him tonight. I won't be able to see him very well. Hmmm...I wonder if my brother-in-law still has his night vision goggles. On with the story...



::gasp:: "Gyah!!! Get away from me you son of a....!!! Don't touch me!!!" Inuyasha woke with a start.

This sudden outburst awakens the rest of his company. Miroku and Sango reach for their respective weapons and were ready to use them, if needed. Shippou and Kirara had been cuddled up to each other. They both jumped up onto all fours with their tails sticking straight up, and backs arched. Kagome was immediately at Inuyasha's side. He managed to sit straight up and was coughing up blood into his hands.

"You're alright, Inuyasha. It was just a dream." Kagome reasured her friend.

"I don't know....something....about it...I thought it...was really happening," Inuyasha rasped. He had difficulty catching his breath between coughs. Kagome was patting his back to help him get through this coughing fit. She gives him a drink of water when he finishes coughing.

"Tell me about your dream, Inuyasha," asked Miroku. "Maybe I can help you." He sits at Inuyasha's other side, ready to help if he was needed. He helps Kagome lay their friend back on the ground.

"I heard a voice in the distance and saw Kagome fall over," Inuyasha said, trying to take a deep breath. "She looked like she fell asleep...and...then someone touched my forehead...."

"Did you recognize the voice?"

"No."

"Did you see who it was?"

"No...all I saw...was...a hand."

"A hand? What happened next?"

"Who ever it was...opened my kimono and...touched my chest..."

"Hmmm...then what? Did this person say anything to you?"

"No...didn't say a word...just...took a look through Kagome's remedies. Then left."

Kagome examined Inuyasha's kimono and found that it was quite a bit looser than it was the night before. Miroku looked toward the first-aid box. "Kagome? Was your box in this condition before you fell asleep last night?" Kagome's first-aid kit had been opened and it's contents were lying on the ground around it.

"What? Um...no it wasn't. Everything was still in the case! Who did this?" Kagome said as she wiped Inuyasha's face with a cool wet cloth.

"Inuyasha...think about your dream. Look past the hand. Can you see who it is?" Asked Miroku. He covers Inuyasha back up with his blanket. Inuyasha looked like he was getting cold.

"I...can't think...can't see it...my brain hurts. Oh, man...this itches..." Inuyasha was about to scratch at the rash but was interupted by another coughing fit.

"The hand the idiot whelp saw belongs to my lord and master! Lord Sesshoumaru!" Everyone turned in the direction of the voice and found the toad demon, Jakken, walking toward them. He is carrying two quart sized, covered ceramic jars.

"Jakken."

"Yes, milord?" The toad squeaked.

"Back off."

The toad demon placed the jars on the ground at Inuyasha's feet, drops to his hand and knees and backs away from the group. "Backing off, backing off, backing off..."

Sesshoumaru walked up to the travelers stepping on the little toad in the process. "Such is the fate of this lowly toad," whimpered Jakken, "Ow..." and he backs farther away from his lord.

"Hello...LITTLE brother..."

"Sesshoumaru...what in the...seven hells...are you doing here?" coughed out Inuyasha.

"I come, dear brother....bearing a gift. I know what your goal is and you are not going to get there in your current condition."

"This is so unlike you, Sesshoumaru. Why have you decided to help him?" Miroku was completely confused by Sesshoumaru. You think you have someone figured out, then, all of a sudden, they do something to make you change your opinion about them.

Sesshoumaru answers the monks question while having a stare down with his brother. "You're goal is nearly complete. It would take the lot of you to accomplish it. With one person down, the fate of the world is a dire one. You cannot let that Naraku take control."

The small company looked at each other in shock when the realization hit them.

"Yes, it was I who paid you a visit, last evening, Inuyasha. I have been following you for two days. I noticed that you were on the verge of becoming quite ill. The medicines that your woman carries with her will not help you. I have brought something that will." The demon lord paused for a moment to pick up one of the jars laying at Inuyasha's feet. While Sesshoumaru was having his discussion, Sango was busy at the campfire. Shippou and Kirara were hiding behind her, out of the overpowering demons sight. "Slayer...you are boiling water, are you not?"

::gulp:: "Yes, I am. Why?" Sango asked, nervously.

Sesshoumaru tossed the jar to Sango. "Put a small handful of this into the water and brew a tea."

Sango opens the jar and does as she was told. Inside the jar was a stash of crushed, dried herbs.

"This is going to make Inuyasha better?" asked the little fox.

"That's what he says, Shippou." Said Sango. She would not take her eyes off the demon lord. She still didn't trust him.

"Mew."

"What ails you, Inuyasha is an illness that plagues demon children."

"But, I'm an adult, you moron! I haven't been sick a day in my life." croaked Inuyasha.

"Do not interrupt, brother....That is most likely why you are experiencing it now. When adults succumb to this illness, they, in most instances...die. That is why I am helping you. It is not your time to die...yet." Sesshoumaru looked in Shippou's direction and added, "Little fox, if you value your life, I would suggest that you leave this camp, now. You can return when Inuyasha is well again."

"But...I can't..." cried Shippou.

"I would not suggest taking a chance, young one. Slayer, is the tea done yet?"

"Yes, it is..."

"Bring a cup of it over to me," he ordered the demon slayer. Looking at Kagome he said, "Kagome, prop Inuyasha up and brace his head." Kagome props Inuyasha up and sits down behind him. She places his head on her shoulder, one hand over his forehead and the other under his jaw.

"No...what do you think you're doing..." croaked Inuyasha, struggling to get out of Kagome's grasp and failing.

"Stop barking Inuyasha and obey me for once," ordered the elder brother. "Drink this." Sesshoumaru put the cup up to Inuyasha's lips and poured a small amount of the liquid into his mouth.

::gag:: Inuyasha promptly spits the concoction out of his mouth. "No!" ::gag, cough:: "I won't...you're trying to poison me..."

::sigh:: "No, I'm not. I will make this your choice, Inuyasha. You can drink this, become well and fulfill your destiny, or...you can choose to not drink it and risk death. It's up to you...Choose."

The young half-demon just stared, open mouthed, at his brother.

"It is as I thought." Sesshoumaru put the cup up to Inuyasha's lips and poured the remainder of its contents into his mouth. He quickly drops the cup and covers his mouth and nose with his hand to ensure that Inuyasha doesn't spit it out again. He notices that his brother had not swallowed the mixture. "Girl, force him to swallow it," he ordered.

"Umm...How?" Kagome asked, confused.

"Look at me," ordered Sesshoumaru.

The two stare at each other for a moment. In Kagome's minds eye she saw herself firmly massaging Inuyasha's throat below the base of his tongue. Then she applies pressure under his jaw on both sides of his larynx and runs her hand firmly down his throat.

"Oh...my....G..."

"Do it...woman! It will work...

"All right." But I don't like this! Kagome did as she was told and Inuyasha swallowed. Sesshoumaru removed his hand from Inuyasha's mouth.

::gag, cough, cough:: "Kagome...don't ever... do that again! That...hurt!" Inuyasha choked out.

Kagome looked at Sesshoumaru and said, "Was he like this when he was young?"

"Oh...shut up...wench!"

"I wouldn't know," said Sesshoumaru, matter-of-factly. Sesshoumaru stands and turns his back to Inuyasha and Kagome. "Jakken...we're leaving. Kagome...make sure he drinks that tea several times a day until his fever breaks." With that said, he and Jakken disappear into the forest.

Shippou came out of hiding, shaking. "He was so scary! I thought he'd never leave!"

Miroku had been watching the scene from several yards behind Kagome. "Inuyasha, with all the activity we've seen this morning, it was a bit tiring," he joked. "Be a good man and get some sleep." He walked up to Kagome to help her lay their friend back on the ground.The monk's words were wasted. Inuyasha lay in Kagome's arms...fast asleep.

Shippou ran up to Kagome and jumped up into her arms. "I don't really have to leave you guys, do I?"

"Have you ever been sick before Shippou?" asked Kagome.

"Yea, a couple of times. I think. I was real little."

"Can you remember what you had or what your symptoms were?"
"No, not really. It was a long time ago."

"We don't want you to go either, but, it might be best if you did. We'll think of something. But, for now, don't get too close to Inuyasha, ok?"

"I won't...c'mon Kirara!" said Shippou and he runs to the other side of the clearing with Kirara close behind him.

Kagome watched as her adopted son and friend left the camp. "Oh...what are we going to do now?"

"We need to discuss our next plan of action," said Miroku. He motions the others to sit at the campfire. "With Inuyasha down, so to speak..."

"Our mission could be a failure." added Sango.

"I have a suggestion...." said Miroku. "Why don't I scout ahead...see what's happening in the village. By the time I get back, Inuyasha might be well enough to travel."

"How about...I go with you and keep you out of trouble, monk?"

""Hehe...a much better idea, Sango!"

"What about Shippou? What should he do?"



To be continued: