InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Welcome Home, Daddy ❯ Love lost and found ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Kagome sat on a stool in the doctor's office. She had missed her cycle for 3 months and she had been throwing up in the morning.

“Miss Higarashi, I have your results in.” The doctor sat down on a stool next to the examination table Kagome sat on.

“Then what's wrong with me?” She said standing up. She had been sent by her mother, since she thought she was dying. She hoped to have good news to take back to her mother

“You seem so young and care free I do wonder how this happened but, Miss Higarashi... you're pregnant” When she heard him say it, her whole world stopped moving.

`Pregnant….' was all she thought before she fainted.

Kagome woke up in cold sweat. She looked around before sighing and getting up. She had been having that dream for over a week now.

“Hikaru, wake up, its 8:00!” She yelled down the hall, as she ran to the bathroom, a towel and a pile of cloths in her hands.

A young girl, about the age of twelve, opened the farthest door of the hall and rubbed her eyes before walking down the hall to another bathroom, although the light of the hall was dim, you could still see small streaks of silver intermixed with her black hair.

Thirty minutes passed before both of them emerged from the bathrooms and headed down the stairs.

“Hikaru, I'm sorry, but you won't be able to go to your friend house to day. The museum called last night and asked me to come into today and tonight to show off my exhibit.” Kagome said putting a group of bowls and plates on the table in the kitchen.

“Mom! I have been wanting to go to Kina's house all week!” Hikaru said, slamming the cereal cabinet door closed.

“I'm so sorry darling, but you have to come with me. I might be able to show you a picture of your father.” That got Hikaru's attention. She had never seen her father before, a picture would be better than anything.

“A picture of papa? I'll go mom!” She smiled, and her molten eyes were filled with joy and hope.

'Papa...'

[--A couple hours later--]

The phone ringing was barley heard above the sound of whizzing arrows.

Kagome ran into the house, grabbing the phone from the hook next to the back door.

“Moshi Moshi”

“Is this the Higarashi residents?” A feminine voice answered.

“This is Miss Higarashi; may I ask who is calling?” Kagome walked out back with the cordless phone to make sure her Archery students weren't trying to kill each other again.

“This is Mai, from the museum, we need you here now to show the museum caretaker your Feudal Japan Exhibit,” Mai said before adding she needed to hurry before the caretaker left for lunch

“Alright, I'll be there as soon as I can” Kagome said before hanging up, then she proceeded to call up all her students parents and told then practice was over for the day and they could come pick up their children.

[--45 minutes later--]

Hikaru practically pulled her mother into the museum and begged Kagome to show her the exhibit. Kagome sighed as she told Hikaru to follow her. Once they reached the exhibit, Hikaru rushed around to find her fathers picture.

“Hikaru, you fathers picture is right over there by the swords”

“Which one!” Hikaru said looking at both of the swords and paintings

“The one with the crescent moon on his forehead...the one that has lines on his cheeks....like you...” She said, sorrow filled her voice.

“Why did he leave us mom?” Hikaru said looking at her teary eyed mother

[--Flashback--]

Kagome sat up in a silk covered bed the bed and stretched. She heard a chuckle next to her which caused her to look over to the other side of the bed

“Sesshomaru! What are you laughing at!” Kagome said she grabbed the blankets around her to cover herself and attempting to slide out from the bed.

Key word was Attempting

Sesshomaru snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her back to him before kissing her neck. Kagome giggled and snuggled into his warmth. They stayed that way for a few minutes before they were interrupted by a loud knock and an annoying squeaky voice. After Sesshomaru managed to make the person leave them along, he helped Kagome out of bed and into a soft midnight blue kimono.

Kagome looked at a mirror next to the cabinet and traced the light silver crescent moon on her forehead.

“Sesshomaru?” Kagome said as she turned back to him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

“Will you always be there for me?”

Sesshomaru hesitated for a second before looking her straight in the eyes and said “Yes I will”

[--End flash back--]

"He didn't leave us darling" Kagome said as she stepped closer to the pictures, touching the glass in front of the painting.

[--Flashback--]

After they had finished dressing and eating a few bits of food, they packed up and processed with their plan to visit Kagome's time and tell her mother of their union.

They ran into some un-expected problems once they reached the well...

“Kagome! Go to your time its safe there!” Sesshomaru yelled to Kagome as he held of a large green youkai

“NO I won't leave you!” Kagome yelled back as she shot an arrow at the demon, which cracked and fell to pieces as it made contact with the youkai's skin. The youkai apparently noticed the arrow and turned to Kagome, before attacking.

Sesshomaru watched in horror as the youkai charged Kagome, who barley dodged any major injuries, receiving only a deep slash to her leg.

“Kagome!" Sesshomaru yelled before running to her. He looked at her pain ridden face before making his way swiftly toward the well
Her struggles did nothing as he dropped her down the well to safety.

The last thing she heard before she crossed through time was "Be safe, My Mate"
 
On Kagome's side of the well, she proceeded to jump in and out of the well before she collapsed out of exhaustion.

[--End flashback--]

Kagome smiled to her daughter and then looked at the picture “No...he saved me....and managed to hurt me more than anyone else can” she said as she whipped away the tears.

Kagome then ushered Hikaru off to look at more of the exhibit while she looked at his picture once more before returning to her work.

Hikaru managed her way around the museum exhibit before stopping in front of a long silver staff in a display case. She looked around before pulling the staff out and looking at it.

"I can't believe she put this in here, mother loves this staff." Hikaru twirled the staff lightly before it was pulled from her hands by someone behind her.

~*~

Kagome smiled as she finished putting everything in place “Finally, perfect” she said as she admired her work

“What are you doing here, this is an off limits exhibit!” A brown haired woman said she frowned at Kagome.

“This is my exhibit” Kagome said as she picked up her bag and moved to leave.

“No its not, its mine!” The woman said before grabbing Kagome's hand and dragging her off

“But..” Kagome said trying to stop her “But nothing! I'm reporting you to the caretaker” she dragged her to an office and opened the door and pushed her...well threw her into the room.

“Mister InuTaisho, I caught this little impersonator in the Feudal Japan Exhibit, she was touching things and she probably stole something!” the woman yelled to a black haired man behind the desk

`My god it's the caretaker!' she thought before bowing and looking at the man

“Sir, my name is Kagome Higarashi, and not to be rude, but I'm an employee here and that is the exhibit I'm working on, I was called here to show it to you.” the woman who dragged her in huffed and then grinned.

“She's obviously lying, I made that exhibit with my bare hands!” she said before pointing at me “She's lying...” the woman stopped when she heard the caretaker start to chuckled.

“I'm sorry Kasha but I know you didn't make that exhibit, Miss Higarashi did” He got up and smiled to Kagome, who gasped at the sight of his violet eyes.

“Miss Higarashi, if you don't mind I would love to see your exhibit now.”

~*~

Hikaru looked behind her to see a black haired man holding the staff above her reach, and was glaring at her.

"Hey Kid, don't touch stuff got it?" The man said as he moved to put the staff back.

"Nope I don't got it" Hikaru said as she jumped up and grabbed the staff from his grasp and ran away from him

"Hey get back you little runt!" The man quickly ran after her.

Hikaru ran down the hall till she ran into a dead end “GOT YOU NOW KID!” the man said as he saw her stop, Hikaru grinned before sliding in-between the man's legs and behind the man.

“Don't underestimate you opponent!” she yelled at him and she smacked him in the side with the staff then kicked him in the shins, causing him to fall back and her to start giggling.

“You're so slow!” Hikaru said as she walked in front of him “by the way I'm Hikaru. What's your name?”

“Inuyasha. You're pretty fast, for a runt” he said before smirking to her. He then processed to walk back to the exhibit, seeming to have gotten bored with her. “Really, my mom knew an Inuyasha once! She said he had a brother to, or was it a sister…” Hikaru said as she ran in front of him. He blinked in confusion and ran after her; they ended up back in the exhibit area in front of a raven haired woman with another black haired man behind her.

“Mommy!” Hikaru ran and hugged her mother “Are you done yet? Can we go now?” Hikaru then turned her sights on the man behind her mother “Mommy who is he, he looks like-"

“Yes hunny I'm done, let's go home and get ready for tonight” she said as she grabbed Hikaru's hand and began to walk out of the museum doors "It was nice meeting you Mister InuTaisho!" She yelled before she left the museum through the doors.

"So Hikaru, how about some ice cream?"

"Yay!"

[--Back at the Museum--]

"Do you think that little girl recognized you?"

"No, Lets get back to work getting this place ready for the gala"
 
[----------------------------]
Kagome smiled as she watched Hikaru dig into the chocolate ice cream she had bought for them both. She couldn't help but think how alike but different the two were.
 
For one, They both adored chocolate.
 
She remembered the first time she had given Sesshomaru some of her prized chocolate. Let's just say she didn't get a change to leave her room for an awful long time if you catch my drift.
 
Kagome sighed and used her spoon to grab some of the remaining ice cream. “Hikaru, did you like seeing your father's picture?”
 
Hikaru immediately lost interest in the ice cream and began to talk all about how much she loved seeing his portrait and that if she ever could, she would tell him how funny he looked with the purple eye shadow on. Then, someone proceeded to bump their table and cause the whole bowl of ice cream to call onto the ground.
 
Kagome looked up to see the man walk away, without so much as a sorry. Full of anger, Kagome picked up her spoon and expertly threw it straight at the mans head.
 
“Hey! Get back here and say sorry for knocking over my daughters ice cream!” Kagome's eyes narrowed as she sensed the demonic aura on the man.
 
The man turned around and Kagome gasped.
 
“Kouga!”
 
The man smirked as he walked over to her table and bowed “The one and only.” Kouga then looked at Hikaru and chuckled.
 
“So Frostbite couldn't make a male on the first try eh? Poor soul, how long did he keep you locked up before he decided to wait for the next offspring?”
 
 
Kagome's eyes looked down at the spilled ice cream and her hands clenched the forgotten napkin she had been holding.
 
“Speak of the mutt, where is he? Let me guess he off at some business meeting. That dog was always working.” Kouga immediately stopped when he saw her shaking.
 
“I don't know where he is…” was all Kagome could mumble out before she collapsed into the chair, holding back her tears.
“We were on my way to see my family here and then we got attacked. He threw me into the well Kouga!” Kagome brought her hand up to wipe away some of the tears that had fallen out.
 
Kouga listened with Hikaru as Kagome told all of what had happened since she was thrown into the well back into her time
[--9:00 pm that night--]

Kagome had arrived back at the museum and had been showing people the exhibit all night, Hikaru had been showing off her moves to the adults all around. She had learned the moved from her mother, and Kagome learned then from Sesshomaru. She giggled slightly when she remembered all the time he took teaching her

“Miss? What is this sword over here? And who are these men?” Kagome smiled and was around to explain when she saw a small crowd a few feet away from the display case. She immediately recognized the person inside the crowd.

“Hikaru!” Kagome yelled when she saw her daughter use one of Kagome's old staffs to bonk the head of a black haired man.

“Just playing around with Inuyasha Mom!” she yelled back to Kagome, just as she swiped the feet out from the man. Kagome ran over to him and helped him up “I'm so sorry sir, my daughter just.....I-Inuyasha!” Kagome sat there in shock before throwing herself forward at him, wrapping her arms around his waist .

“Kagome? Is that really you!” Kagome's voice came out muffled
 
“Yes Inuyasha it's really me” Inuyasha hugged her back then pushed her away “You're her Mother!” Kagome looked down and then smile
 
 
“Yes...my daughter Hikaru”

Inuyasha went into a fit but calmed down and looked at Hikaru
 
“Who's the father?”
 
Inuyasha saw her frown before realizing his stupidity. “Your brother” He stood there in shock and pulled her into a hug.
 
“Oh Kagome..” Kagome whipped away the tears she had shed and flashed a smile to Inuyasha, one that did not reach her sorrow filled eyes.
 
“Do… do you know where he is.. or if he is even alive?!” Kagome murmed as she gathered the courage to look into Inuyasha's eyes. The ones that reminded her so much of her love.
 
Inuyasha took a few moments to think before his expression turned grim. “Last time I heard from him was at lest two centuries ago in Ireland. He was at some fancy meeting for his company. The cocky bastard, always rubbing the fact he is so damn rich in my face, and-” Inuyasha stopped short when he saw Kagome's eyes fill with tears again.
 
“Kagome! Don't cry over him. He's probably… uh… looking for you as we speak! Yeah that's it! Just don't cry you know what that does to me..”
 
Kagome whipped away her teas using her sleeve and then kissed Inuyasha on the cheek and gave him a hug. “Thank you Inuyasha. I'll see after the Gala okay? I have to get back to work.”
 
Inuyasha grinned before nodding and dragging her daughter off to `play' some more.
 
As the night started to come to an end many of the people had driven off or were standing outside the museum doors waiting for someone. Kagome made a final round of the exhibit before she stopped at the one that held so many dear memories.

Kagome went over to the sword case and sighed as she touched the glass that encased the swords
 
“Excuse me Miss,” A male voice said from behind her, startling her out of a lovely day-dream. “What are these swords?”
 
Kagome breathed in and began her tale.
 
“These are the swords of the two greatest Inu demons, Sesshomaru-sama, and Inuyasha-san” she ran her fingers along the case “The one on the right is the sword that was wielded by the Hanyou Inuyasha, it transforms into a powerful sword when used to protect humans, its name, Tetseiga.” Kagome looked at the sword in front of her and closed her eyes. “The sword in front of me is the sword Tensaiga, wielded by the Inu youkai Lord Sesshomaru, he was a powerful demon, who was Lord of the western lands. He had a mate but she disappeared, no one knows anything about her since they were only mated for 6 months”

The man walked up beside her “Do you know the name of his mate?” he said admiring the swords
 
“No, no one knows her name”
 
The man stepped up beside her and placed his hands on the glass, causing the swords to hum a small melody.
 
“I do.”
 
Kagome gasped in amazement at the swords, and immediately turned to face the man.

Silver Hair.

Golden eyes.
 
And deep blue Crescent Moon on his forehead.

“Kagome,”
 
“Kagome was her name”

“And She was just found after years of waiting” Kagome's shoulders shook as she fought the oncoming tears, but when the man's hand drew her chin up to look into his eyes she couldn't hold them back. Kagome threw herself into the man's arms and cried into his shirt.
 
“Sesshomaru, why… why did you do it?” Kagome managed to choke out as Sesshomaru planted a kiss on her head and embraced her. “Because I loved you to much to let you die.”
 
Kagome pulled away long enough to give him a passion filled kiss, which was interrupted by a tug on her sleeve.

“Hikaru?” Kagome looked at her daughter, Sesshomaru and back to her daughter.

“Mommy, who is he?” Sesshomaru looked at Kagome in confusion

“Sesshomaru, I'd like you to meet your daughter, Hikaru, and Hikaru... meet your father.”
 
Sesshomaru pulled away from Kagome and kneeled down before Hikaru and smiled “My Daughter...”
 
He then held out his hand, expecting her to shake it. Hikaru didn't take his hand she merely jumped into his arms hugging him dearly.

“Welcome home, Daddy”
 
~*~
 
Re-posted: Saturday, March 25, 2006