InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What If? ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi all!
 
 
I did make one comment in my last A/N that I still agree with…my life really should belong in the nuthouse….
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
What If?
Chapter 5
 
 
Kagome did tell her family everything. Starting from the first time she was pulled into the feudal era by Mistress Centipede to meeting Sesshoumaru, Shippou, Miroku, and Sango, to who Naraku is and what he's done. Oh, and let's not forget Kikyou and Kouga. She finished in just over an hour, meaning sunset was only about 20 minutes or so away.
 
 
“Well, that's it,” said Kagome, feeling rather nervous at this point, “What do you think?”
 
 
If her family was shocked by Naraku's attack, that paled in comparison to what they were feeling now. “Frankly, Kagome,” said her mom, who had recovered from the shock first. “I'm not sure what to think. It all sounds too fantastic to be real.”
 
Kagome looked at her mom and said, “Mom, I swear it's all true. I understand why you might feel that way, though. I mean, if I wasn't a part of all of it whenever I go back, I'd probably think it was a fantasy story, too. But for me, Inuyasha, and the others, it's not a fantasy, it's reality.”
 
 
“Mom, think about it,” said Sota, who received a grateful look from Kagome for speaking up. “How else could Kagome have learned to shoot an arrow like that? Or know how to avoid that guy? She had to have learned that in the feudal era. And she and her friends must be decent fighters, because they're alive. If they weren't, from what I saw of that guy and from what Kagome has said, they'd have been dead way before now.”
 
 
“Thanks a bunch, Sota,” said Kagome, who looked at her watch and saw what time it was. “Inuyasha will be here in about 20 minutes to a half hour, depending on how impatient he's getting. We just have to keep away from Naraku until then. But those arrows won't hold forever, and there's no way out of this basement.”
 
 
 
At this, Kagome's grandpa got up and started walking around the basement walls, as if looking for something.
 
 
“What are you doin', Gramps?” asked Sota.
 
 
The elder man finally stopped at a large old box, about the size of a refrigerator and started trying to move it while explaining. “My father once told me of passage between this cellar and the well-house. It was used to store grain, potatoes, and such. But when my father was a child, the passage was sealed with a door on both ends and it hasn't been opened since.”
 
 
As he was explaining, Kagome, Sota, and their mom came over and helped to move the box out of the way. Just as Grandpa finished his explanation, the box moved and a door was revealed.
 
 
Kagome tried the door, but it was stuck fast. Sota came over and the two of them tried brute force - in other words, ramming the door with their shoulders - to open it. The first try budged the door a little, but not enough.
 
 
Suddenly a loud BANG issued from above their heads.
 
 
“What was that?” asked Kagome's mom.
 
 
Kagome responded, worry creeping into her voice. “The first arrow I used to place a barrier has failed. The second won't last much longer. Come on, Sota. Let's get this door open.”
 
 
This time, the door gave way with no warning, so Kagome and Sota fell to a heap on the floor.
 
 
“Let's pull the box back in front of the door to hide it. That may buy us a few more minutes,” said Kagome, getting up off the floor.
 
 
They did so and, after shutting the door and Kagome fired an arrow into it, raced down the tunnel to the well house.
 
 
Once there, Kagome fired a fourth arrow into the door on that side. She turned to her family. “Okay. That should gain us a few minutes. We just have to hold out until Inuyasha gets here, which should be any minute now.”
 
 
A second BANG sounded from the house.
 
 
Sota, getting a little freaked now, said, “That was another arrow, wasn't it? He'll be here soon!”
 
 
Kagome looked at him and the rest of her family. “Yes, it was another arrow. But don't worry. Once Inuyasha gets here, he and I will drive Naraku away so he can't hurt any of you. Now, I want all of you to find a spot to hide and stay in here. I'll try to keep him busy until Inuyasha comes. But I want all of you to stay hidden, no matter what. `kay?”
 
 
Her family agreed, rather reluctantly, and hid themselves behind several crates on the lower level of the well house.
 
 
Kagome ran up the stairs, opened the sliding door, and waited. She wasn't standing there long before - BANG! The third arrow was gone, soon followed by the fourth. BANG!
 
A few seconds later, Naraku floated out of the well, and spotted Kagome. She ran out of the well house with Naraku hot on her heels.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
So, yeah…that's the fifth chap. Only one more, thank kami....
 
 
YoukaiLuvr