InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What's-His-Face and the Other One ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha.

What's-His-Face and the Other One

"Inuyasha! Thank goodness we found you!" Two out-of-breath wolf demons came running up to him. "Koga ran off too fast and we lost his track. Have you seen him anywhere?"

Inuyasha stared at them as though they were crazy. "Who are you and how do you know my name?"

The first wolf demon had a dark patch of hair. The second one had a mohawk. They shared a look. "You're kidding, right? It's US."

"Who?"

Shippo hopped from Kagome's arms onto Inuyasha's shoulder and whispered into his ear. "I think it's those two doofuses who follow Koga around all the time."

Inuyasha looked straight at the wolf demons. First he leaned his head to the left. Then he leaned his head to the right. He took a deep breath. "I've never seen you two before in my life."

Patch-Hair sputtered in exasperation. "Tell him, Kagome-neesan. Tell him our names."

Kagome smiled sheepishly. "Um... you guys have names?"

Mohawk almost fell over. "Of course we have names!"

Kagome rubbed the back of her head. "I'm sorry, it's just... I never heard them before."

"What do you mean?" asked Patch-Hair.

"Well, you two don't really talk that much."

"Yeah," Inuyasha added. "You guys haven't really done anything important enough to warrant names."

Mohawk's lip began to quiver and Patch-Hair's eyes were streaming.

Kagome gave Inuyasha a stern look. "Now you hurt their feelings. Sit, boy!"

As Inuyasha's face mashed into the ground, he said, "But it's true!"

"Well," Kagome said. "You don't have to say it to their faces!" She turned to address the wolf demons. "I'm really sorry, Mister... um..."

"Ginta and Hakkaku!" Patch-Hair yelled. "Our names are Ginta and Hakkaku!"

"Right, of course." Kagome bowed a little toward Patch-Hair. "Sorry, Hakkaku."

"I'm Ginta!" said Patch-Hair.

"And I'm Hakkaku!" said Mohawk.

Kagome tried to laugh good-naturedly. "Right, right."

"Anyway," Ginta said. "We're really just here to try to find Koga."

"Haven't seen him. Sorry."

"Well," Hakkaku said. "If you run into him, tell him we're looking for him. And tell him to slow down, for fuck's sake!"

Kagome forced a laugh. "Will do."

At that moment a huge whirlwind zoomed up to their very spot. When the dust cleared, Koga was standing in its place. "Hey, you two!" He clapped Ginta and Hakkaku on the back. "I've been looking all over for you."

"That's what we were about to say to you, Koga."

Koga looked at Inuyasha. "Hey, Muttface."

Inuyasha nodded. "Wimpy wolf."

"Sorry I can't stay to chat, Kagome." By this point Koga had grabbed her hand and she was trying her best to smile naturally. "Me and my friends have important matters to attend to. Be seeing ya!"

He dashed off just before Inuyasha could smack him on the head. Laughing, he looked back and called to his friends. "Come on, you slowpokes. What's-His-Face... and the Other One! Let's move it!"

Ginta and Hakkaku just lowered their heads and sighed. Why couldn't anyone seem to remember their names?

"You think you got it bad?"

The wolf demons turned around and saw a delicate-looking demon riding a giant paper crane. "Naraku's been calling me Kagura for months."