InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When in Doubt…Get Lessons from a Miko ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
When in Doubt…Get Lessons from a Miko

Summary: Kagome’s been giving lessons behind her friends back. Naraku and Sesshomaru seem to need help, so Kagome, being the ever caring and selfless person, decides to help them. Sess/Kag




Quick Glossary to What is to Come

Baka = Moron
Hai = Yes
Kawaii = Cute
Hanyou = Half-demon
Miko = Priestess/Shrine Maiden
Kami = God
Neko = Cat
Houshi = Traveling Monk
Tai = Lord




The candles were placed all around. Shinny, flickering embers shown from the wicker they burned on. They were placed in a circle, a very wide circle in a small clearing with in a forest.



The forest was located near a human village. The humans were busying around, doing this and that. Mending homes, tending to the sick and wounded, working in the fields, all of them busy in some matter or another.



Yet within this particular village, a group of beings stood out. A demon exterminator with her neko companion. A houshi and the hanyou. Then there is a miko as well. However, the raven-haired miko that dressed in a strange short kimono of white and green with a splash of red.



The others, the demon exterminator with her reddish-brown hair was leaning against the black-haired houshi, his hand subconsciously moving down her back. The neko lay in her mistress’ lap, sleeping peacefully yet always alert. The silver-haired hanyou slept peacefully as well, his sword leaning against his chest and shoulder.



No one though noticed the absence of the certain miko friend of theirs. She was in fact far away from the village, yet not far enough for anyone to notice. With in the circle of candles, waiting for them to come. She didn’t worry about getting attacked she had no reason to. She was a powerful miko, and then there was the plus of having the protection of three of the most powerful beings of Japan.



She didn’t want to be secretive, but her companions wouldn’t understand. It was her duty to help them. They came to her she couldn’t turn them down. Besides she knew they were to prideful not to be serious.



Thus she had been helping them. Helping them with their problems. Their obsessions. She didn’t know why the Dark Lord had come to her, she understood the Cold Tai, but she was curious with the other.



He was not one to ask for help, neither of them were. The Dark One would either force you or bribe you. While the other wouldn’t ask or if need be force you. Though she was wary of the Dark Lord, for he was well-known for his trickery and deceit, while the Cold Tai was known for his honor, he would not stoop so low as to use trickery to get his wants. However she decided that she could still be wary and still help them. Thus they came to see her. Always on time. Always learning. Though sometimes with the exception of the Dark One, he had a tendency of dozing off…



--------------- Two Months Later ---------------



“Naraku are you paying attention?” Kagome stated, becoming annoyed, ‘Kami! He has the attention span of a TWO year old! How can he not pay attention to me, yet watch us through that mirror for hours on end?!?!’



“Uh…. Ya, of course I was, err, am…” Naraku replied somewhat lamely. ‘Opps, I must have zoned off for a bit… But I just couldn’t help it! Kami this is SO boring. Sure I got over my obsession with power, destruction and that damn Shikon Jewel, but of course she doesn’t know that… She doesn’t know the real reason why I keep on coming here, the real reason wh-’



“NaRAkuuuu! ARGH! You drive me nuts sometimes! Okay will go over this AGAIN! Shessh!” Over meeting with Naraku for two months mostly every night, she had become more used to the fact that he truly wanted help, though he had weird ways of showing it when he constantly dazed off. Thus by becoming relaxed around him, she had been more confident with expressing herself, usually in the ways of yelling at him for getting lost within himself and not paying attention to her.



“Right then.” Naraku stated while his mind was drifting away again. ‘Kami, she’s beautiful. I DID NOT just think that! No. NO. NO! Kami kill me if I start having feelings for her!’

“Naraku. Naraku. NARAKU!” Kagome yelled from where she was sitting. When she still didn’t get a reply, she got fed up. Fuming she stood up, marched over to him and slapped in the face, the second Sesshomaru stepped into the clearing.



‘She just slapped me?’ Was what basically was going through Naraku’s head, after the slap. Sesshomaru just stood there, prepared to protect the miko, for he was indebted to her, from Naraku should he attack her. When nothing happened he finally grasped before the other two what just happened.



The miko, Kagome, just slapped the most devious and villainous creature to walk the earth, and get away with it. Not even getting a scratch on her. Or not…



“OW!” Kagome screamed, holding her hand, and jumping around in a circle. “That hurts! Kami Naraku! What is your face made off?!?! Titanium?!?!” She continued jumping up and down, holding her hand and whimpering about mean faces that were made out of concrete, when she realized what she just did. “Crap! I just slapped Naraku!”



She looked around, finally noticing Sesshomaru was there, and then facing Naraku, who still looked like he was in a daze. He was holding his hand to his face and looking at Kagome with wide-open eyes. Having still only comprehend that there was a tingling feeling on his cheek and that Kagome had hit him. Yet not comprehending what that meant.



So they all just stood there, staring at each other until surprisingly Sesshomaru broke the silence. “Well, if this, Sesshomaru had know that this would happen tonight, this, Sesshomaru would have gotten here quicker.” With that Naraku and Kagome just looked at him, and burst out laughing. While Sesshomaru stood there and snorted, wondering if they had gone mad.






Please Review!!!