InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When There Was Me and You ❯ When There Was Me and You ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: When There Was Me and You
Authoress: FluffyNekoGurl
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, Rumiko Takahashi does. I don't own this song either, it is from the movie "High School Musical".
Author's Note: I don't like this story that much. Anywho, after listening to my "High School Musical" CD for the millionth time, I changed the song from "Bop to the Top" back to "When There Was Me and You" and put it on repeat. Suddenly I got the idea for this! Yeah.. I don't know how this story came up but it did.

///

Inuyasha glanced over at her to make sure she was asleep. Satisfied he slowly made his way into the dark forest. Kagome slowly opened her eyes and sat up once she was sure he was out of hearing. Where was he going? She thought. Kagome wiggled out of her sleeping bag as quietly as possible, making sure Shippo stayed asleep. She poked the fire a little to keep it alive and looked in the direction Inuyasha went. She had a faint idea of where he went, but he promised he wouldn't anymore and she trusted him to keep his word.

But just to be on the safe side, she'd follow him.

Kagome stood back up and almost silently walked in Inuyasha's direction.

It was dark. And creepy. Different things kept making different noises. Kagome stopped herself from screaming atleast ten times.

How long was this path? and those stupid voices were stopping her concentrating on where Inuyasha might be! Wait. Voices? Kagome stopped and listened. They were right up ahead. Kagome walked a few more yards, almost screaming when a giant.. thing.. flew by. She covered her mouth and stopped. A few more yards ahead was a moonlit clearing. Kagome crouched behind a thick bush, peeking over the top of it. Inuyasha was talking to somebody. She couldn't see who. The person he was talking to was small enough to be blocked from view by Inuyasha's body.

Kagome didn't how long she sat there. Though it was worth the wait. Inuyasha swooped down and snatched the person up in his arms and held them there. Kagome got a perfect view of Kikyo's face.

It's funny when you find yourself
Looking from the outside

Kagome stiffled a sob. How could he? Inuyasha promised he wouldn't go see her anymore! Inuyasha was starting to talk louder now. "I don't care about her!" Kagome didn't have to even think about who he was talking about.

I'm standing here, but all I want
Is to be over there

I must've been stupid to believe him! I hate him! Kagome yelled in her mind, tears flowing down her face.

Why did I let myself believe
Miacles could happpen

Kagome turned around and walked slowly back to the make-shift camp she had set up by herself. She couldn't let Inuyasha know what she saw and heard. She couldn't. If she did Miroku and Sango would badger Inuyasha about. Then he'd get angry and take it out on her. He'd probably accuse me of spying on him. I shouldn't have been following him! He'll say. Kagome thought, wiping away her tears.

Cause now I have to pretend
That I don't really care.

When Kagome woke up the next morning with a terrible headache. Everybody was up and about. "Morning, Kagome!" Shippo chirped happily. Kagome smiled groggily. She suddenly rmembered last night and looked around for Inuyasha. He was sitting in a tree. He glanced over at Kagome. Kagome looked back and he looked away. He couldn't even look her in eye like he used to.

I thought you were my fairytale
A dream when I'm not sleeping

Inuyasha even looked different now. The air around him seemed thick. Like he was hiding something. Like he knew she was there last night. Kagome glared at him.

A wish upon a star
Thats coming true

He lied to her. He didn't care about her. It was like a dream. He cared for her maybe five minutes. If that. She was just a little 'Jewel shard detector' to him again.

But everybody else could tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth
When there was me and you

Kagome noticed even Miroku and Sango wouldn't even look her in eye. They were silent the whole morning. Shippo was the only source of happiness she had. Had Sango and Miroku known the whole time? Did they know he going to see Kikyo again?

I swore I knew the melody
That I heard you singing

Kagome thought she knew him well enough by now. She didn't think he would hurt her like this.

And when you smiled
You made me feel
Like I could sing along

I started to think everything would be this way. What went wrong?

But then you went and changed the words
Now my heart is empty

When did Inuyasha start seeing Kikyo again? Why did everything change? Kagome followed behind Inuyasha, walking slowly as possible. Sango and Miroku and shippo walked behind them.

I'm only left with used-to-be's
And once upon a song

Everything really was going perfect. Inuyasha was nice to her, talked more than he used. He didn't even get into arguements with Shippo like he used. He wasn't over protective. He didn't demand her to do something every second.

Now I know your not a fairytale
And dreams were meant for sleeping

I don't know anything about him. He's not the Inuyasha I've gotten to know. I guess everything was too perfect to be true.

And wishes on a star
Just don't come true

Kagome shouldn't have believed her changed. No matter how bad she had hoped.

Because even now I can tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth

She should have known this wasn't going to last like she wanted. I guess it was suck a relief from all the tension it just seemed lke everything I've been wishing for. I made myself believe.

Because I liked the view
When there was me and you

Kagome took a deep breath. She had to confront him. If he was going to run off at night like this. Not tell her everything. Hurt her like this. It had to end. "Inuyasha."

I can't believe that
I could be so blind

"Inuyasha. I saw you last night." Kagome said in one breath. Inuyasha stopped walking. Kahom held ehr breath. He was going to explode. She knew it. "What?" He said slowly, not turning around to look at her.

It's like you were floating
While I was falling

"Look at me!" Kagome snapped. She walked around to look at him. "You heard me. You lied to me! You told me you wouldn't see her anymore! That everything would be different!" Kagome shouted. Inuyasha looked down at her, shocked.

And I didn't mind.

"And I believed you!" Kagome looked him in the eye. "I hate you." She muttered, meaning every word. "You made everything perfect! Why did you have to ruin it!" Kagome took a deep breath, her face red from screaming. Kagome looked around him to look at her 'friends'. "And you both knew it! You knew he was seeing her!" She shouted. Shippo looked at her, heartbroken. Kagome's face softened. "I didn't know!" Shippo strated wailing. Kagome scurried over and scooped him up. "Shh.. I know you didn't." Kagome said as soothingly as she could.

Because I liked the view

"I thought you cared for me, Inuyasha." Kagome said coldly. "I'm going home. And I'm not coming back."

I thought you felt it too

She didn't even bother saying goodbye to Sango and Miroku. Kirara mewed softly as Kagome waked by. Kagome kept walking. "Kagome! Wait!" Inuyasha shouted. Shippo hugged Kagome tightly. "Please! Wait!" He kept shouting. "I didn't mean what I said last night!" He voice was faint now. "I do care for you!" Inuyasha shouted. That was the last thing she heard Inuyasha say.

When there was me and you

Shippo was accepted into Kagome's home immediatly.

///

I repeated myself a lot, but I tried not to. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.