InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ Where is she?/ Who are you? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5:
Where is she? / Who are you?
 
Inuyasha never slept on the seemingly endless stretch of ocean to coast of the main island, he dread having to do this for six long months. With the endless nightmares, sleepless nights, and the dead sinking feeling in his heart for feeling guilty about Kagome's death, he really couldn't bear going to see her. Amaterasu was sound asleep until she was jerked awake by the boat crashing onto the soft sand. She blinked several times due to the sun that looked like it was coming from out of the ocean. When she looked ahead of her the small beams of yellow, red, and orange light from the sun shone and peered out on Inuyasha's body making him appear god-like and Amaterasu looked at him and became more in love with him than even she cared to admit.
All that was running through Inuyasha's mind is what happened on this very island six months ago.
Flashback:
“Naraku its time to end this!” she raised her left hand and a arrow that seemed to be made of pure light materialized, she positioned herself to fire the arrow at Naraku (mind you there is no bow!) at the head of the arrow energy formed just like it did during the competition, the battle with the bear and the last stand between her and Kikyo. But this time it was stronger she had the power of the jewel behind it, concentrated all of the jewels power and her life force to make this last shot count for she knew that she would have for her energy would be depleted.
 
A chill went up Inuyasha's spine, something's wrong I know it! Kagome what are you doing up there. “Naraku it's time to remove you from this world.” She released the arrow, “No! Nooooooooooooooooooo!” the sound of a thousand demons dying filled the air with a deafening cry; Onigumo's body appeared and suddenly disappeared in the power of the ultra powerful sacred arrow. “Oh I...did it. I couldn't have done it without you Kirara.” She hugged the two-tailed cat, “Now it's time to return to your owner take care of her and her baby Kirara.” Kirara mewed happily and returned to Sango's side.
Inuyasha was proud of Kagome and was happy that it was now all over. “Hey Kagome! Come down here!” she looked down to her friends and came down. “Kagome you were brilliant I can't believe that was you up there!” “Inuyasha I have to tell you something...” Inuyasha kissed her deeply and passionately, “Kagome I, I was so scared; I thought I lost you, I know you're not sure how you feel about me yet but I love you, I love you so much I never want to lose you again.” Light started to whirl around Kagome's feet Inuyasha paid it no attention. “Oh man I almost forgot you're naked, let me.” He took off the hinezumi no koromo and placed it around her shoulders. “Inuyasha please let me say something!” “I'm sorry please say anything you want.” He smiled at her so sincerely and it was killing her inside to have to tell him what was next. “Inuyasha you were right I was lying to you about my feelings for you and that was because I saw Naraku killing you because of me and I couldn't handle it I had to try and separate us, but I do love you... and I...” “I love you too Kagome and I want you to be my koi, my mate, my wife please allow me to make you mine forever.” “Inuyasha I can't I don't have enough...” “Look it'll be quick a little painful but I promise it will be fast! Just pull back your hair.” She did as she was told he walked up to her neck and licked it to make it moist, “Ok take a nice deep breath.” She did and put her arms around his shoulders, he also took a deep and sunk his teeth into her neck she exhaled and grasped on tight. It went rather quickly and he finalized it by lapping up her blood and kissing the mate mark. “See it's finished!” “Goodbye Inuyasha.” G...goodbye what are you talking about you mean you're ready to leave?” “No Inuyasha I mean goodbye forever.” Tears poured like a waterfall from her eyes, “No Kagome I...you can't leave, we just became mates and that's for life.” “I know I tried to tell you I used up everything I had to kill him and now I need to go.” “He also began to tear. “Go...go where Kagome? I need you, I love you.”
(Sorry I have the entire text and not just the dialogue I was too lazy to do it line by line.)
“Sir, sir, sir! YOUR MAJESTY!” “Huh, oh, what is it?” “Well sir I assume we've stopped at this island for the visit you aren't talking about too much.” “Well yeah we have to go all the way up top of that tower at the pagoda.” “And how are we getting there sir?” “Can you transform into your demon form?” she shook her head no. “Well I guess we climb.” “Awe I don't want to climb!” “Kagome stop your whining! I...I mean...come on let's go.” Amaterasu felt bad that he was mourning the loss of his mate but was angered by the fact that he called her by his lovers name and not by her own; all she wanted was to make him happy.
 
Meanwhile...
Sango look it looks like Kohaku is trying to walk. “Oh come on Kohaku, come to mommy.” The little boy wobbled from side to side in attempt to walk to his parents but after about four steps her fell flat on his bottom and laughed. “Miroku did you...” Sango cried. “Oh my gods Miroku he walked our son walked!” they cradled their son in their arms and embraced each other as a family and the couple kissed each other in joy. “I wish Kagome was here to see it, she'd be so...so.” she ran to a nearby bale and vomited. “Sango? Are you okay?” “I...I don't know? I've been feeling a little ill lately; do I have a fever?” he touched her head. “No you don't, when was the last time you felt this way?” she thought for a moment, “The last time I felt this sick was when I was...pregnant with the... I was pregnant, my gosh that's it Miroku I must be pregnant again, oh my god I'm pregnant again!” Sango just sat on the floor in disbelief as Miroku was pondering what sex the baby would be and what would the name be. “I can't be pregnant I had Kohaku almost a year ago?” “Aren't you happy Sango?” “I am but we don't have enough room in our home for another baby.” “Don't you worry Sango we can build another room.” “Okay I guess we'll be having another baby, I'll finally have a little girl.” Miroku chimed in, “Or a boy? You can never have enough sons.”
 
Ming grabbed onto her head and screamed as a flashback sent her mind into a tailspin. “Who are you? Why are you in my head! Why? Why do you look at me with those kind but sad eyes?” Cheju ran to her side, “Ming! Ming, are you okay? My love...please answer me.”
“Cheju there is a man in red that plagues my mind, who is he do you know him?”
“I... I'm sorry my dear I do not know who you are talking about.”
 
Ryuku Islands
“Come on ya' slow poke where almost to the top!” heavy panting could be heard a ways below. “Your...majesty...how can you...get up there...so fast?” “I don't understand how you cannot be up there before me considering I'm a half demon, you must be outta shape.” “No...way...your highness...I am not!” Well Kagome I'm here, I finally came to see you I hope that you're anxious to see me as I am you. He closed his eyes as he pictured her the way she looked the last time he seen her, he remembered she was beautiful as her inner glow outshined the shikon jewel in her nude splendor. Just when he felt he was getting near Amaterasu called him “Sir! Wait for me!” he turned to her glad she called him because he wanted an excuse to stall time for a few seconds. To Amterasu the way he turned to her with the excellent timing of the sun set made a mixture of reds, yellows, and oranges blend in a outlining glow on his body made him look like a god. “I...uh...I just wanted to...” she looked at the gravesite. “Milord, I think we should leave.” “What we just got here and you're tired already? No let me just spend a while with her and then we'll...” Inuyasha turned to see the rubble of stone that once was Kagome. “K...Kagome?” his throat swelled from the tears dying to come out, “Kagome...who...who did this to you? Please tell me who? Kagome, who would do such a horrible thing.” He kneeled at memorial and touched the stone that encased his love and began to cry forgetting that Amaterasu was behind him. She cried with him feeling bad that he went through so much trouble to see her and only to find that she was no longer there to be viewed. His crying turned into a very ominous and low guttural growl with much bass in his voice. He looked to the ground and seen candy, flowers, and a child's toy he smelled the items and began to transform. This was the second time he'd transformed in times of despair; it was quite a sight to see from Amaterasu's eyes. As she looked on in awe Inuyasha who used the demon blood within him to track down the scent on the gifts left at the gravesite and it pointed west ward towards his lands. “Amaterasu get on my back we're going back to the west.” She nodded and ran towards his hind leg and jumped as high as she could and grabbed on to his fur and they finally took off.
 
Two days later
“It'll be three more days walk over that mountain pass until we finally reach the west of this godforsaken country; I cannot wait to return home.” “Milord tell me more about our home land I try to remember...but all I can think of are places we've recently passed...like I've been here before.” “Ming, you and I lived in the mountains in father's cliff-side castle on Mt. Chiri. It was beautiful...you were...are beautiful as the day I found...I mean saw you.” “Really?” he walked toward her and gently cupped her face in his hand and leaned in to kiss her, in turn she placed her arms around his neck to reciprocate the feeling; but she suddenly got a flashback (think about the kiss in the second movie), “I...I can't.” “Why we've been together for so long what's stopping you?” “I don't really know why, but it just doesn't feel right; its like I am promised to someone else and being with you is wrong.” Cheju just pushed her aside and kept walking. “Cheju, please don't be angry I just felt that I had to tell you the truth.” “Just forget it! Lets keep going.” In the thicket a demon was closely watching over the travelers from another place and a woman who looked oddly familiar to him he wanted to intervene but he decided to keep following the three and be ready to stop them if any trouble arises.
 
“We'll stop here for the night, Ming I suggest that you clean up and get some much needed rest because we'll be walking for a great deal of the day tomorrow.” “Yes sire I will. I'll just be off at the lake readying myself.” She cleaned her face in the water and looked back at her reflection sway in the ripples. “I don't know what's wrong with me.” She stripped and soaked her tired body in the water, as she cleaned her body she became enamored with her body and realized that she and Cheju didn't hold and sexual tension between them and it kind of bothered her and it made her wonder if she really didn't have any feelings for Cheju who were they for. Were her feelings for the man with the golden eyes in her dreams or was it for someone she'd left behind back home. She thought back to the man who plagued her dreams and fanaticized herself with him. She touched her self unknowingly while imagining the mysterious man fondled her in her most vulnerable places, and outwardly she was doing all of the things he was doing to her in her mind. She continued this way until she reached her peak, her face was flushed and her body warm and she didn't seem to care but she looked around in hopes that no one seen or heard her. She once again started cleaning herself and promised herself no more distractions because she knew that they had a long walk ahead of them tomorrow and she needed to sleep. She rinsed herself clean and once more (down there) for good measure made sure she didn't show any signs of sexual release, but this time when she looked at her liquid doppelganger she seen something she hadn't noticed before; it was what appeared to be two small bite marks on her neck that had what a looked like a crest, she cautiously touched it. What is this and how did it get here?
She finally climbed out from the water, put on her undergarments and sat on a rock to place her hair into two buns when she heard rustling in the woods. “Who's there!” “Why! Why do you smell so much like her? Who the hell are you?”
“Why are you asking who am I, it is I who should be asking who are you!?” ask Ming as she shivered in absolute fear. “Why are you posing as the woman I love!”