InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where No Hanyou Has Gone Before ❯ A New Mission ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter One: A New Mission

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-yasha or Star Trek Voyager. And I am not getting for any money for this story.

Summery: Inu/Kag They find themselves in the 24th century on a starship. They have to get the Jewel back from Naraku, but what then, will they ever get home and could they ever get used to life aboard a starship?

Notes: I've change the title. And now I have changed the very beginning and put the Voyager background at the end, instead of making it a separate chapter.


The Story:

Inu-yasha and Kagome stood in the well house just about ready to return to the Feudal era after a short vacation, and boy did they need it.

Kagome fingered the Jewel around her neck, it was completely symmetrical, well except for a jagged sliver were they hoped the final shard would soon fit.

"Hurry up Kagome, Naraku has probably found the final shard by now." Inu-Yasha grumbled.

Kagome was checking and rechecking their equipment again.

"Calm down Inu-Yasha, you did a pretty good job of nearly destroying him last week." Kagome pointed out. "Besides we have most of them, don't we?"

"That means we only need to work harder from now on."

"What would be the point in fighting him when your a mess to. You needed time to heel and I needed to take my college entrance exams."

"Well I'm better now."

"Okay we've got everything, we can go now." Kagome announced.

"Finally." Inu-Yasha picked up everything and they jumped through the well.

Inu-yasha had just come through the well and was turning to pull Kagome up, when out of nowhere, Inu-yasha was impaled from behind. Shippo, Sango, Kirara, and Miroku where at the village and could offer no help.

"Inu-yasha!" Kagome screamed in terror.
"Run!"
"I won't leave you."
'Stupid girl.' He cursed her as he was struck again. "Fine just stay behind me." course he new he didn't really have to tell her that.

After a little while Inu-yasha was barely conscious as he desperately blocked any attempt by Naraku to get at Kagome. Kagome for her part was trying not to cry and failing miserably, as she clutched the almost complete Shikon no Tama.

They expected him to come after it, but not at the well, and not so soon after they had very nearly destroyed his body.

Naraku stood between them and the well, not that they would abandon the village and run to the future, the thought didn't even cross their minds. Naraku suddenly reached a tentacle out towards Kagome, which was blocked by the Tetsusaiga. But it left an opening on the other side which he took full advantage of. He grabbed Kagome around the waste and wrenched the Jewel from her grasp.

He held her tightly, so tightly his grip threatened to crush her, and she passed out from lack of air. Inu-yasha leaped up grabbing Kagome and trying to break Naraku's death grip. He sliced the tentacle off, dropping him and Kagome to the ground. He laid Kagome gently on the ground and then turned a fierce gaze on Naraku.

Naraku evidently wanted to finish things since he didn't make any attempt at retreat. Inu-yasha raised his sword ready to strike. 'He'll pay for hurting Kagome.' Was his final thought as he mustered his remaining strength and ran towards Naraku shouting "Kaze no Kizu!"

*****

The 24th century, 75,000 light-years (give or take) from earth on the Starship Voyager:

A half Klingon/ half Human woman (B'Elanna Torres) was walking the corridors with her Human husband (Tom Paris) trailing behind. Despite Tom's longer legs he was jogging in order to walk beside her.

"So what holodeck program are you dragging me to participate in this time?" B'Elanna said ironically seeing as she was leading the way.

"It's about Feudal Japan. We play characters that join a group of travellers hunting for something called 'Jewel Shards.'" He held up what looked like a small shard of glass. "We have to, ah, retrieve them from Demons and evil Humans."

"By "retrieve," you mean fight, right?" She sighed.

"Yeah, I guess so. Come on it'll be fun." He gave her a hopeful look.

"Tom, you know I hate battle programs." She gave him a glare, growling lightly.

"But your so good at them." He said smoothly seductive. When she just gave him another glare for his troubles he turned on the "puppy dog" eyes.

She shook her head grinning back at him. "Fine I'll play along just this once."

"You won't regret it." He smiled as they stopped at the large doors outside the holodeck. "Open program 'Inu-yasha, a Feudal Fairy Tale,' chapter 143." He said to the computer console. It let out a little beep, telling them it was on and ready for them to enter. He turned to his wife. "Shall we."

"We're not starting at the beginning?" B'Elanna questioned.

"Nope, I thought it would be more exciting to start at a little action. The computer will recount the basic story at the beginning of the chapter so you won't feel too lost."

"All right, let's get this over with." She stepped to the doors which opened automatically for her and they both stepped inside.

As the doors closed behind them they where surrounded by scenes recounting the story so far. Then a scene similar yet different to a typical fight scene between the gang and Naraku appeared before their eyes.

All the gang where present fighting Naraku, but they all looked somehow fiercer and were also decked out in armour. Kagome especially looked more like a sexy armour clad warrior than a time displaced school girl.

Tom and B'Elanna didn't see anything amiss as they did not know what the "real" group looked like.

B'Elanna regarded the skimpily clad women and turned a glare at her husband. "It figures."

"What? I didn't design the program." He defended himself.

The battle played out and Tom and B'Elanna did their best to help. But The holodeck Naraku got hold of their Jewel shard.

"Damn." They cursed as one.

The holodeck Inu-yasha let out a Kaze no Kizu just as the holodeck blanked out for a second. Then the characters were back, but everything seemed to be enveloped by a blue light.

"There's something wrong here. Computer freeze program." The characters all froze in place but the ever widening blue light continued.

*****

F. J. again:

"Kaze no Kizu." The blast clipped Naraku in the arm that held the Jewel as he slid out of the way it also hit the well. The entire clearing was being enveloped by blue light as Kagome started to wake up. She felt strange almost like she did when she travelled through the well.

"Inu-yasha!" "Kagome!" Their voices echoed throughout the disappearing clearing.

It felt like going through the well as the clearing disappeared completely only to reappear a second later.

*****

Voyager:

Tom and B'Elanna where almost to the holodeck doors when the light stopped all of a sudden. In its place stood a girl, and a dog-eared-boy. Both looked similar to the programs characters but different.

"What the hell, who are you?" They all seemed to say at once.

"There is a Jewel Shard here." Kagome pointed to the eerily familiar frozen characters.

"What? What is this place it has no smell." Inu-yasha actually sounded nervous.

B'Elanna walked over to the frozen characters as she said "Computer, end program." The shard fell into her open palm.

"What, thi' . . ." She was cut off as her hand was impaled and dropped the shard. They had failed to notice the third newcomer.

"B'Elanna! Intruder alert!" Tom shouted as he tried to stop the blood flowing from his wife's hand.

"Naraku." Inu-yasha snarled as he charged him. He was knocked to the ground by Naraku who went out the door and into the ship. Inu-yasha tried to stand back up but collapsed from his many injuries.

"Inu-yasha!" Kagome sobbed as she ran to his side.

Seeing this Tom decided it was time call for an, "Emergency beam out to sickbay."

*****

On the bridge of the ship, Harry, the Human operations officer had become aware of the intruder and was now tracking him through the ship. He moved fast, but Harry was eventually able to erect a forcefield around him.

The Human Captain Janeway ordered the Vulcan security officer, Tuvok, to take his security team to the contained intruder while she went to sickbay to see about the ships other guests.

*****

Kagome blinked a few times when she noticed she was in a new place. The strange couple from before was there, along with someone new. A bald man in a blue a black jumper was approaching her.

"Mr. Paris," she heard him call across the room. "If your done patching up your wife, you could give me a hand with this bleeding boy."

Paris left B'Elanna's side once he was sure she was fine. They lifted Inu-yasha onto a bio-bed. The Doctor scanned him with his medical tricorder. "Somebody sure did a number on this boy. What happened?" The bald man stated snidely.

Kagome stalked over to them. "Are you a doctor?" She questioned him.

"I am the finest doctor this side of the..."

"Then stop with the snide comments and help him." She cut him off as she shoved Tom away and began removing Inu-yasha's shirts. The starfleet officers just looked at each other and raised an eyebrow.

"Perhaps you could move out of the way and let me work?" The Doctor said in his version of a request.

She blushed slightly realising what she was doing and how it might look and backed away watching him warily, hoping he'd help Inu-yasha. 'I think I can trust him. But I'm having trouble getting a reading on him. The other two I can read pretty clearly and I feel I can trust them. The woman even appears to be a Hanyou, I think.' She thought to herself.

Just then Inu-yasha started to stir.

*****

When Captain Janeway arrived in sickbay the scene was almost comical. Tom and the holographic doctor where trying to restrain a now fully awake Inu-yasha, while Kagome was threatening, "Don't make me say it!"

"Don't you dare, wench."

"Don't call me wench, you jerk! They're trying to help you." He shoved Tom away, but the doctor still held on.

"Like hell. What was all that magic shit? Damn this guys strong for someone who isn't even real."

"What?"

The Doctor then gave him a sedative and he was out like a light.

"What did you do to him!?" Kagome asked panicked.

Tom laid a hand on her shoulder. "It's just a sedative he'll be fine." He gave her a reassuring smile, one that would have Inu-yasha fuming in jealousy if he was awake. B'Elanna just rolled her eyes at him. He may have sounded like he was flirting but that's just how he talked to everyone.

Kagome barely even noticed, she just nodded and went to Inu-yasha's side as the Doctor began to work on him.



"What is going on?" Everyone turned, now noticing the Captain standing in sickbay.

"Holodeck malfunction." Was all Tom and B'Elanna said.

"Again? Well who are they?"

The doctor then turned from his now healed patient. Kagome wasn't paying attention to the conversation she just marvelled at the healing procedure the doctor had performed. She ran a hand lightly over his healed skin to assure herself it was real. 'Just a few quick swipes of that, thing and he's all better. Wish I had one all those, for all the times he's been injured.'

"We were running a program about Feudal Japan, when it blanked out and was enveloped in a blue light. Then these two just, appeared. They seem to be similar to some of the characters in the program." Supplied Tom.

"Plus she called him Inu-yasha earlier, part of the title of the program." Added B'Elanna.

The Doctor turned to address the Captain, "This rather rambunctious lad, who's managed to bleed all over my sickbay I might add, doesn't appear to be all Human. As you can see by the placement and shape of the ears, he is something else, though I have not yet determined what that something else is. Furthermore they are both emitting chronotons."

"Chronotons?" Kagome was paying attention now.

"Particles that indicate time travel."

"Oh, then what year is this?"

"2377."

"What! That's almost 900 years from Inu-yasha's time." (I hope my math is right.)

"What do you mean from Inu-yasha's time?" Asked the Captain.

"I . . . I'm not from Inu-yasha's time. I'm from 500 years in his future. The late 20th century." Kagome hesitated.

"So the story is real?" Marvelled Tom. "I guess the character descriptions got a little exaggerated over the years. You're the girl, Kagome, right?"

"Um, that's right. Who are you people? And how did we get here?"
"I am Captain Katherine Janeway of the starship Voyager, and this is my crew, Tom Paris, B'Elanna Torres, and the Emergency Medical Hologram or EMH for short."

"Hologram, so that's what Inu-yasha meant when he said he wasn't real."

The doctor took offence to this. "Well not Human anyway." She amended quickly.

"As for how you came to be here, we're working on that." Janeway added.

At this moment Inu-yasha woke up and bounded from the bed to situate himself between Kagome and the rest of the people in sickbay wielding his transformed sword and snarling at them. Kagome tried to calm him, but just then Tuvok's disembodied voice rang throughout sickbay.

"Tuvok to Janeway. We have the intruder secured in the Brig awaiting your questioning."

"I'll get right on that, but right now I'm a little busy." She eyed the confused and agitated boy warily.

"All right, Tuvok out." He new that she may need his assistance and so made his way to sickbay leaving a junior officer in charge of guarding the prisoner.

"You have Naraku, that's a relief." Said Kagome.

"Good. Now get out of my way so I can go kill him." Inu-yasha was still determined to get him despite everything else. 'Nothing makes any sense, but at least Kagome is here with me.' He thought still a little freaked out.

"We do not kill prisoners on this ship." Reprimanded the Captain.

"Well then you're all fucking morons." He said as he charged towards the door. The starfleet officers drew their phasers but it was unnecessary because Kagome yelled "Sit boy!" and he crashed to the floor in front of them.

"I'm sorry about Inu-yasha, he's always a little grumpy when he first meets people." Kagome apologised.

"Yeah so was my first dog, Henry." Remarked Paris.

Inu-yasha snarled at him. "I'm not a dog." He yelled as the spell released him and he went after Paris. Tom stiffened
and B'Elanna growled a little in return.

"Sit!" Inu-yasha went to the ground again. Kagome this time went over to him and whispered in his ear. "Will you behave and let them help us. They might be able to get us home."

"Might?"

"Please just calm down okay." She lightly stroked an ear, she'd found out only a short while ago that this would calm him the most effectively. As the spell wore off this time he slowly stood up and sheathed his sword.

Tuvok walked in at this. Seeing Inu-yasha stand defiantly with his hands in his sleeves. "Captain?" Tuvok questioned.
"It's all right. Show them to some guest quarters and I'll speak with them later. Tom, B'Elanna, go to engineering and find out what happened and how we can fix this." The Captain ordered.

After Tom and B'Elanna left Tuvok turned to their guests. "I will have to confiscate your weapon." He walked towards him phaser ready.

"Not fucking likely Demon." Inu-yasha growled at him.

Kagome stood in front of him and tried to convince the security officer to let him keep it.

"As long as you can keep him under control I will let him keep it." Announced the Captain.

"Thank you. Um, did you happen to retrieve a Jewel from Naraku?" Questioned Kagome.

"We did not find any such jewel." Tuvok replied.

"He must have taken it into his body already." Growled Inu-yasha. "Come on Kagome." He took off with her before anyone could protest or draw phasers.

*****

"Inu-yasha. Where are we going?"

"To Naraku, to get the Jewel Shard."

"But how do you know where he is?"

"I can smell him. That dark Youkai had a slight contact scent of Naraku on him. So I'm following it. No more questions." They came to a halt at the end of the hall. "What is this?"

"I thought you said no more questions."

". . . "

Kagome shook her head at him. "Um, it looks like an elevator."

He let her down from his back and she pressed what appeared to be a call button. The doors to the "elevator" opened and they stepped inside.

"Okay now what?"

Kagome stared at the panel by the door. "I've never seen an elevator like this. I'm not sure what floor we need either. If I remember correctly that man said Naraku was in the Brig." At the word "Brig" they started moving. Inu-yasha growled.

"It's okay, that's supposed to happen. Though I'd usually press a button." She said absently stroking his ear. He closed his eyes blocking out everything but the sensation of Kagome. He relaxed a bit now that they were alone.

"I'm a little scared too." Kagome stated.

"Keh." He paused. "What if it's just one of Naraku's tricks?"

"Does it feel like that to you?"

"No." He sighed.

"I think we should do what Captain Janeway says. I think she's in charge here and she seems trustworthy."

Before they knew it the "elevator" stopped and the doors opened. He took off with her resettled on his back. Once they stepped through the doors at the end of the corridor they were shocked to find the people from sickbay already there, and no Naraku.

"What!?" Inu-yasha yelped.

"Transporters. The same way you first arrived in sickbay." Janeway offered in explanation.

They were all just staring at Inu-yasha carrying Kagome on his back. She blushed realising her awkward position. She rested her head on his back and said, "you can put me down now," under her breath.

Once Kagome was back on the ground he pointed an accusatory finger at the others. "What did you do with Naraku?"

"He was gone when we arrived, along with the crewman I left to watch him. I believe he has left the ship, since a shuttle was reported missing and ships navigation has been disabled momentarily." Tuvok said.

"Damn."

"Do you think he...?"

"He must have. This place is too damn confusing to get around if he didn't." Inu-yasha and Kagome conversed.

"You think our crewman helped him escape?" Tuvok questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Hardly."

"Ah, Naraku can absorb people and their abilities." Kagome supplied, reluctantly.

"He can do that?" Janeway asked.

"I've seen it happen." Inu-yasha stated, flatly.

"We have to go after him!" Kagome exclaimed.

"Oh don't worry, we will." Janeway's face took on a hard edge.

Fade out


To be Continued...




Summary:
ÊÊÊA little background on Star Trek Voyager. Ê


phaser

Here is a short explanation of Star Trek Voyager's characters, some of the other stuff you can learn along with Inu-yasha and Kagome or you can go to http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/series/VOY/index.html:

If you want you can skip this chapter and get right to the story.

The crew is trapped about 60 or so years from earth, and is made up of two ships crews. The original crew of Federation officers, and the rebels (Maquis) that they were sent after. They decided it was in all their best interests to work together. I've set this story in the last season of Voyager.

Captain Katherine Janeway: Human, Tough as nails Captain of the star-ship Voyager, but is also a mother figure to her crew.

Chakotay: Human, Indian (very spiritual) Now first officer, he was the Captain of the Maquis ship.

Tuvok: Vulcan (Pointy ears) Chief of security. Suppresses emotions. Though the Captain often looks to him for guidance. He is the reason they went after Chakotay's ship in the first place, He was a spy and they went missing because they were pulled so far away from home.

Tom Paris: Human. Pilot, reluctant nurse. Very cocky, and flirty, but he's mellowed some and become more mature if only a little. He was a Maquis thrown in jail, but given a chance to redeem himself by Captain Janeway in exchange for helping to find Chakotay's ship. He's recently married B'Elanna Torres.

B'Elanna Torres: Half Human, Half Klingon. Chief engineer, former Maquis crewman. Constantly at war with her two halves, she can get very angry and blames it on her Klingon side, she also blames her Klingon side for her Human father leaving when she was young. She's starting to come to terms with these seemingly two very different sides of herself. She's recently married Tom Paris, though during the first year or so she thought he was a pig.

Harry Kim: Human. Operations Officer. Let's just say he's very much like Kagome. Plus he was the first to befriend Tom and B'Elanna.

The Doctor: He is an emergency replacement hologram. He is supposed to be only temporary, he is considered a sentient part of the crew.

Seven: A former Borg (Part machine, part something else, in this case a Human. They abduct aliens and become one with them in search of perfection, let's Just call them the Naraku of Star Trek.) She struggles with her humanity since she was Borg most of her life but the Captain liberated her from that life.