InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where No Hanyou Has Gone Before ❯ Indecision ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch 6
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-yasha or Star Trek Voyager. And I am not looking for any money for this story.

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"(Mumbled under breath talking)"

(Authors Notes)

Hi everyone, sorry for the long wait, I was a little stumped. Thank you for the sweet reviews.

ch. 6: Indecision

Inu-yasha and Kagome were walking outside the corridor to Sick Bay, on their way back to their quarters.

"So what happened down on the planet?" Kagome asked, having woken up a few moments ago to find that Inu-yasha had gone on an "away mission" and didn't look too happy about it. 'Course happy was a relative term with Inu-yasha, but there was something else, something close to worried and upset that was worrying and upsetting her now.

"I don't want to talk about it." He said shooting her a glance that seemed to almost be checking that she was still there.

"Inu-yasha there is something wrong. Stop trying to fool me and yourself." She tried again, turning to him and moving to cup his cheek. "I'm just trying to help."

"Well don't! Just drop it." He spat back at her.

She pulled away angry, obviously, but hurt too. "I thought we were past this, this dancing around our feelings and keeping things bottled up, but I guess I was wrong."

"Kagome." He said somewhat frustrated, with her or with himself she wasn't sure.

"Sit! Go sulk somewhere else for all I care." She stormed off down the corridor.

*****

Kagome wondered off towards the mess Hall. When she got there she noticed Tuvok sitting alone as usual. She was about to sit down by herself when she suddenly realized,
'Hey, he was on the away mission with Inu-yasha. Maybe he can tell me what happened.'

So she walked over to his table and stood waiting for him to acknowledge her.

"Miss Higurashi, may I help you?"

She immediately sat down and went into her schpiel. "... So can you tell me what happened?"

"Needless to say the Nioproxils (the aliens from last chapter) turned out to be very hostile. They held us long enough for Naraku to make his escape, then Inu-yasha was given a message by Naraku and we were released."

"Yes, I know all that. Can you tell me what the messa..." She was cut off however as Mr. Paris came over and plopped down in the seat next to Tuvok.

"Tuvok, that's no way to tell a story." He turned to Kagome and said, "I'll tell you what really happened.

*Dissolve to planet side, Inu-yasha, Tuvok, Paris and some extras are following the Nioproxils *

"Why do we have to meet the leaders of this planet? Can't they just hand over Naraku so we can go?" Inu-yasha wondered.

"Yeah Tuvok why do we have to be polite anyway?" Paris said "poutily."

Ignoring Paris, Tuvok said to Inu-yasha, "Just because Captain Janeway let you come along on this mission, does not put you in charge."

They trudged further into the forest towards the city. "Why didn't they didn't allow us to land in the city. Do they still think we're in league with Naraku? I thought the Captain cleared that up." Paris whispered to Tuvok.

"I have no answer to give you Mr. Paris." Tuvok whispered bluntly back.

"...too damn slow." They heard Inu-yasha complain.

Paris glanced at Tuvok and could tell it was taking all of his Vulcan discipline not to order Inu-yasha back to the ship, or pummel him upside the head, he couldn't tell which.

Another 45 minutes and they arrived outside the main government building and went inside. They were taken down numerous winding corridors. It felt like they were descending but they hadn't gone down any stairs.

They finally came to a stop inside a small low ceilinged room with no windows and only one way in. It wasn't like any head of planet's headquarters they'd ever seen.

Tom glanced at Tuvok to gage his reaction, which was stupid seeing as he was Vulcan. Their escorts left the room.

"Oi, where's Naraku? Where's your leader?" Inu-yasha marched towards the door they had exited but received a nasty shock and was jolted back several feet.

Tuvok spoke first. "What is the meaning of this?"

One of their captors spoke. "You will see Naraku shortly, I suggest you wait here for now." Came the surprisingly articulate answer, given their limited speech before now, I guess they wanted to play us.

"Oh really?" Inu-yasha was on his feet again and menacing towards the door. "How is that? When I haven't smelled him anywhere in this place?" Too bad they couldn't have confirmed this before now since their sensors where down. "This is what I get for being too trusting." He said bitterly.

"You're right he isn't here, in the flesh. Now wait here patiently and no harm will come to you." Said the Nioproxils.

Inu-yasha was livid and he launched his clawed hand towards the force field that separated him from his taunter.

Tuvok tried to reason with him. This time Inu-yasha was prepared and didn't go sailing through the air, instead his hand slowly resisted then penetrated the force field. Paris was inclined to join him, but of course he wasn't part Demon. He seemed to be making some progress, that is until the Nioproxils punched a button on the other side and Inu-yasha went sailing again.

The alien just laughed sardonically.

"Do you think we weren't told of your little tricks, that we wouldn't be prepared. I've already told you, co-operate and you'll be safe. Our purpose is only to delay, not to destroy. You'll be free soon enough." Inu-yasha snarled and even Paris could feel the scowl on his face. With that the Nioproxils turned and left them.

"So what's the plan?" Paris asked Tuvok.

"We wait."

"Wait!" Inu-yasha was heard before anyone else could voice it.

"No need, I can get us out right now." Inu-yasha said with confidence and more calmly than they had ever heard him speak. He raised his sword, which had now turned red.

"That's a new trick." Tom said.

"It cuts down barriers." Inu-yasha said almost absent mindedly. They all were wondering the same thing, 'why didn't he try that before?'

"I do not believe it is wise to provoke them, Inu-yasha." Tuvok said.

"Shut up." He growled at Tuvok

He turned towards the forcefield. Before he could take a swing, Tuvok did his Vulcan thing and he was out.

*

"Wait, wait," cut in Kagome. "What did you do to Inu-yasha?"

"Oh it's a nerve pinch. Perfectly harmless."

"Hm, maybe I can get him to teach me that."
Kagome said wistfully and Tom continued with his story.

*

It was pretty quiet until the aliens came back and Dragged Inu-yasha off to hear Naraku's message. After that they let us go. Apparently they needed to delay us just long enough for Naraku to get away.

*Back to the Mess Hall*

Tom could have sworn he saw Tuvok roll his eyes after he was finished with his elaborated story.

"This Naraku guy is pretty twisted." Said Tom.

"Yes but what was the message Naraku had for Inu-yasha? It has him pretty upset."

"I'm sorry we didn't hear it, and he didn't tell us."

"That is not entirely true." Tuvok put in.

"Oh?" Kagome said eagerly.

"He told us that Naraku would be back."

"That's hardly something to get that upset about. There's got to be more."

"Sorry." Tom and Tuvok both said.

"Thank you." Kagome said and Tuvok got up to leave. 'Well that was helpful.'

"Hey come on join me for some dinner." Tom said and gestured over to a table full of some crew mates.

"Um sure." Kagome said even though she didn't feel like company she also didn't feel like being alone.


*****

Inu-yasha eventually hauled himself up off the floor.

He wondered off down the hall thinking back to his conversation with Kagome.

"Damn!" He smacked his fist into the nearest wall, which happened to be full of circuitry and it let out a small puff of smoke at him.

"Did that help you? Cause it certainly didn't help me." He turned around to find B'Elanna standing there arms crossed. Instead of anger like he expected she looked amused.

"Uh, sorry." He said uncharacteristically, and it wasn't the person he really wanted to apologise to.

"Well I'm not going to ask you what's wrong, and it's not just because I don't care, but you can't beat up my ship either." B'Elanna glared at him.

"Your ship? I thought the Captain..."

"Yes, well, she's (The ship that is, not the Captain) kind of like my first child. Um, anyway, instead of beating up my, er, the ship, care to join me in beating up some holograms?"

B'Elanna could not believe she was offering her help. Well it wouldn't be the first time she had offered to help a "lost boy," Icheb takes that place. It was all Tom's fault, his need to help people who were lonely like him, and to make everyone feel welcomed must be rubbing off on her. 'I'll have to pay him back for that later.' She scowled in thought.

Shortly after they arrived outside the Holodeck doors.

Inu-yasha hesitated, "I'm not going in there again." He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh don't worry this program isn't like the one you've seen. It's a fighting program pure and simple, no silly role playing. It'll help work out your aggressions, on something other than the ship."

"Whatever." Inu-yasha relented slightly curious and followed B'Elanna inside.

Once inside B'Elanna turned back towards Inu-yasha and said "Just promise one thing, don't tell Tom."

"Sure." He said a little confused as she started the program.

*****

After a few rounds of fighting big brutish aliens Inu-yasha and B'Elanna took a break, at Inu-yasha's insistence no less.

"You tore that last one to pieces. What's got you so pissed anyway?" B'Elanna asked pointedly.

"That's my line." Inu-yasha said back.

"Rough day at work, now it's your turn."

"What makes you think I'd tell you?"

"Okay, do you want me to guess?" He gave her a blank look. "It has something to do with Kagome right?" She said.

"Good guess." He mumbled.

"It wasn't that hard. It's easy to see you care about her and her safety, but you can't treat her like an invalid, like she can't take care of herself." She paused realising she wasn't talking about Kagome anymore, Inu-yasha just blinked at her. "Well whatever it is you should probably tell her."

"I can't."

"Because you don't want to face the truth yourself?"

"That has nothing to do with it." He grumbled under his breath.

"Whatever. Tell her, don't tell, it's none of my business. I'm rested enough, let's go."

'That was a big mood swing.' Inu-yasha thought but got up anyway, and they continued the program.


*****

"Well," said Kagome, "I better go see if Inu-yasha's cooled off. No telling what trouble he's gotten into."

"Yeah, B'Elanna should be out of Engineering by now." Tom said and they both addressed the computer to look for their loved ones (or whatever you want to call Inu-yasha and B'Elanna.)

Now I know this will come as a surprise to the viewers but they found that Inu-yasha and B'Elanna where both on the Holodeck, the same Holodeck in fact.

They traded looks and both bolted out the door.

*****

B'Elanna struck the killing blow to her last opponent and turned to watch Inu-yasha fight his. 'Why is he stalling? It's like he's just playing with it.' She wondered to herself.

She noticed Inu-yasha pause for a moment and sniff. Then she heard the Holodeck doors open and he quickly finished off the creature and struck a triumphant pose.

"Inu-yasha!" Kagome shouted, as Inu-yasha's ears drooped, followed by "B'Elanna!" from Tom. B'Elanna quickly threw her weapon to the side and tried to look innocent.

"Kagome..." Inu-yasha tried but he couldn't stop Kagome from yelling "Sit!"

"B'Elanna, what are you doing? Are you trying to kill yourself again?" He confronted B'Elanna as privately as possible.

"First of all I never tried to kill myself. Secondly the safeties are on, okay. What do you take me for anyway?" She said hurt and annoyed."

"Okay I'm sorry, but what are you doing?" Tom asked again.

"What was that for Kagome?" Inu-yasha said from his hole in the ground.

"You dragged a pregnant woman into a fight." Kagome yelled at him.

"Oooh, that's what that smell is." Inu-yasha looked at B'Elanna with wide eyes.

"I dragged him here because we could both use a workout." B'Elanna said and they all turned to stare at her now. "It's not like anybody would've gotten hurt." She shrugged at them.

Inu-yasha looked a little disappointed at this and Kagome looked relieved.

They all separated and went to their separate quarters.

*****

Tom and B'Elanna's Quarters:

"It's not like I have to tell you what I'm doing 24/7" B'Elanna said.

"No, but I didn't think you did those kind of programs anymore." Tom said worry etched on his face.

"I knew you would act this way."

"What way?"

"The same way Inu-yasha treats Kagome. Like he's the only one who can take care of her."

"Now your mad that I care about you?" Tom laughed but stopped at her glare. "Okay, I'll back off. If you want to go water skiing in the Atlantic I won't stop you. If you want to fight a horde of Lizard creatures from Terrec-kac 8, I'll trust your judgement after all who am I to stand in your way."

"That's all I ask." B'Elanna gave him a wry smile and he couldn't help but smile back.

*****

Inu-yasha and Kagome's Quarters:

"He said 'I'll be back for the girl. I can use her to make the jewel stronger, but first I need some reinforcements.'"

"Why didn't you tell me that's what Naraku said, before?" Kagome asked. "It's not like Naraku's not been after me before."

"Yeah well it's different now." Inu-yasha said sadly. "He's got technology on his side."

"Sure, but so do we. We'll get through this together, like always."

"How do you know that?"

"I don't. But I've told you before, I want to be by your side."

"I know." Inu-yasha said hugging her close.


******

Okay that's the end of this chapter sorry it was kind of lame but I had to get rid of Naraku for a bit.