InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where No Hanyou Has Gone Before ❯ Half Bread ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ch. 7

Half Bread

Finally a new chapter after so long, and it's not a very long one, but it offers some key issues.


Inu-Yasha: "Where are we? Everything looks the same on this damn ship."

Kagome: "We're just going in circles."

Inu-Yasha: "You're going in circles."

Kagome: "Well then quit following me."


*****

Inu-Yasha and Kagome have been aboard for several weeks now with no more encounters with Naraku, only a trail of destruction to follow. They helped the victims where they could. Now was the calm before the storm, although they where all taking the opportunity to relax, they had not forgotten their mission.

And now our story continues:


Neelix pressed the call button to Samantha Wildman's (Naomi's mother) door.

When she finally answered she seemed surprised to see him. "Neelix, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to pick up Naomi of course."

"She isn't here. She's with Inu-yasha and Kagome."

"With, that, that ruffian?" Stuttered Neelix.

'Sometimes Neelix can be so close minded.' Mrs. Wildman thought but said, "I thought I told you. I'm so sorry, I just figured you where busy, so you wouldn't mind."

"I am her Godfather, of course I mind." Neelix responded and practically ran for the nearest Turbo-Lift, Sam followed at a more reserved pace.



They arrived on the holodeck to find Kagome giggling and staring up at the trees that took up most of the created scenery.

Samantha Wildman was the first to look up, upon seeing her less than thrilled expression Neelix followed her gaze, to see Inu-yasha leaping wildly from tree to tree with non other than Naomi clinging to his back.

Before Kagome could utter a greeting or an explanation, Mrs. Wildman blurted out "Computer, end program," leaving Inu-yasha and a still giggling Naomi in mid leap, though brought safely to rest on the ground.

Sam brought her daughter to her and made a quick check for injuries and turned worried accusatory eyes towards Inu-yasha who looked almost guiltily back.

"Don't worry Mrs. Wildman, Naomi was perfectly safe Inu-yasha wouldn't let her fall." Kagome reassured her.

"Yeah mom it was fun and besides the safeties are on." Naomi put in.

"I know, I trust you, I wouldn't have let Naomi hang around you if I didn't, I just didn't expect to see that." Sam addressed Kagome and Inu-Yasha.

"Yes of course, we should have checked with you first. You have a wonderful daughter Mrs. Wildman. So smart too, it's hard to believe she's only six years old, she looks at least ten." Kagome complimented.

"Well Katerians and half Katerians age faster than humans." Mrs. Wildman supplied.

"Kind of like some Youkai." Put in Inu-yasha.

"Yes I suppose there are a lot of similarities."

"Come on Naomi it's time to go." Neelix steered her towards the door while still casting a wary eye towards Inu-Yasha.

Naomi didn't seem to notice or care, instead she broke into a run and hugged Kagome then Inu-Yasha, who in typical form feigned annoyance all the while blushing profusely.

"Thank you for looking after her." Samantha turned and lead her small family off the holodeck.

After they left Kagome turned and smiled knowingly at Inu-Yasha. "I think someone's got a new fan."

Before Inu-Yasha could gripe Kagome suddenly gasped out. "Computer what time is it?"

"Fourteen hundred hours." Was the cold instant response.

"We're late meeting Seven." Kagome quickly ended the program and grabbed Inu-Yasha's hand to drag him to Astrometrics.



*****

A few hours later, in Astrometrics.

Inu-yasha laid down gazing up at Earth, not the real one of course but a projection of it in the Astrometrics lab. 'Who would have thought it was round like the moon.' He thought somewhat sarcastically.

He was waiting patiently for Kagome and or Seven of Nine to find anything interesting, something that would help them get home. Yes he was being very patient, or so he thought.

"Inu-yasha would you please stop that it's distracting."

He stilled his foot.

"That's better."

For a second and then the foot started up again as if it had a will of it's own.

"Inu-yasha!" Kagome shot a glare at him, obviously she was just as annoyed as him at the lack of any information.

"What, we've been at this for hours and found nothing, nothing about the Jewel, nothing about the well, nothing about you, nothing about me, and a big fat nothing nothing about anything. The Captain isn't still blocking things from us is she?" Inu-Yasha spat out.

"As I have stated continuously every 10.47 minutes, the Captain has decided to let you explore your past and future and is only blocking non-relevant major world events." Seven stated.

"We've at least found out that the Shrine is still around in this time so it's very possible that the well is too. Have a little faith Inu-yasha."

"Yeah but..."

Kagome interrupted his rant. "Oh my goodness!"

Inu-yasha sprang into action, and looked at the screen Kagome was staring at.

"Sesho-maru!?" His name stood out clearly as a major funder of the early space program and was also the leader of a group of colonists, included on the list where many familiar names, it definitely couldn't be a coincidence, could it?

Seven calmly insinuated herself between them to take over the computer console. "The project, one of the very first colony ships to launch into space for colonization of a planet, very secretive."

"Are they still around, maybe they can give us some answers, if we ever get home that is." Kagome asked hopefully.

"According to this no one has had any contact with them since the initial launch."

"Good, another dead end." Inu-Yasha walked towards the doors.

"Were are you going? We just started to make some progress." Kagome stopped him.

"Yeah my brother would be a big help if and when we find him. We should be looking for Naraku."

"I have been monitoring the long range sensors and there has been nothing for days." Seven replied with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't mind Inu-Yasha, he and his brother don't get along."

"I am an only child and there was no concept of family among the Borg. I have not experience sibling rivalry."

"I don't think many people have experienced sibling rivalry quite like Inu-Yasha and Sesho-Maru have."

"Keh. This is a waste of time."

"I guess we could take a break." Kagome said, too tired to argue.

"We will resume our search tomorrow." Seven said as a way of dismissal.

"See you tomorrow then." Kagome said and followed Inu-Yasha who had already disappeared out the doors.

A few minutes later Chakotay walked in looking for the departed time displaced teenagers.

"Where did our friends disappear to?" Asked Chakotay jovially.

"One finds it hard to speculate with such erratic individuals." Was Seven's dry reply.


*****

Some time later

Mess-hall We see B'Elanna sitting with her back to the door and Paris across from her waving Inu-yasha over. B'Elanna slowly turns around to greet him and it is now obvious that she is pregnant. A clear indication that Inu-yasha and Kagome have now been stuck with them for a few weeks.

"Hey Inu-yasha, no Kagome today?" Paris greeted him as he sat down with his lunch.

"Again." Inu-Yasha replied as he dug into his food.

"I know what that's like, the Doc can be a difficult task master. How is she doing as the knew Nurse?"

"Don't know why she needs more medical training Kaede already taught her everything she knows." Griped Inu-Yasha.

Tom and B'Elanna exchanged a look but didn't want to say what was really on their minds and upset him further. 'Maybe she wants to be useful incase they never get home.'

"I hear you've been filling Tuvok in on Naraku, how's that going?" Tom continued the conversation.

"I've told him everything I know, but he just keeps up with the questions."

"Well Tuvok is very thorough."

"Keh. He thinks he has a strategy, arrogant bastard."

"You seem a bit pessimistic." Tom said sarcastically.

"Course I am, it's Naraku."

"Well, if your done we have an appointment in sick bay, maybe you'd like to tag along, visit Kagome."

"Keh." He followed them out the doors.

*****

Sick Bay:

"Now pass the scanner over her stomach, not too fast, very good Kagome."

Kagome did as the Doctor instructed, and passed the scanning device slowly over B'Elanna's stomach. Inu-Yasha and Paris hovered nearby.

"Well Lieutenant, you and your baby are in perfect health, would you care to see her." Not long after they found out she was pregnant the Doctor let slip the sex of the baby.

In the middle of the room appeared a holographic projection of an ultrasound image.

"Wow." Remarked all five occupants of Sick Bay.

It was Inu-Yasha who added incredulously that she looked like a peanut.

"Don't be rude Inu-Yasha." Chastised Kagome

"It's all right, he's not wrong." Admitted both Tom and B'Elanna.

"Told you." Inu-Yasha, seemed captivated by the image despite his words, fascinated that something was growing inside her, that despite the couples differences and that she was a half breed they had created something together, out of love.

Meanwhile Tom and B'Elanna left to go about their day.

Inu-Yasha continued to stare at the space where the image had been.

Kagome took his silence as a space for explanation.


While Inu-Yasha listened to Kagome excitedly explain the process of creating life, Chakotay walked in and spoke with the Doctor.

"So how's your new assistant doing?"

"Very well, much more eager and pleasant company than Mr. Paris. In a way she reminds me of..."

"Kes." Chakotay finished and the Doctor nodded sadly.

"She does seem to posses that eternal optimism, tolerance and wonder."

After a silence the Doctor said. "I have a theory about Inu-Yasha. I believe their may be some connection between so called Demons and other alien species I believe they might be something of a missing link between Humans and other aliens. Though which came first I have yet to decipher."

"That is very interesting Doctor. It could explain many of the similarities between alien cultures as well." Chakotay said with more enthusiasm than he usually shows.

"I thought you would like that, given your interest in Archaeology."

"Well I'll leave you to it. Let me know if you have any problems."

"Oh you will be the first to know the next time Inu-Yasha decides that Kagome needs saving from flirtatious crew members." The Doctor responded dryly.

*****

Early the next day Inu-Yasha and Kagome were awoken from a very comfortable sleep by the ship being rocked by weapons fire.

"Every damned week, it better be Naraku this time." Inu-yasha grumbled as he and Kagome tumbled out of bed and headed for the Bridge.


End


The next chapter follows the episode Voyager "Prophecy" if you don't know it, it doesn't matter, basically Inu-yasha meets some big scary full-blooded Klingons.