InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ White Assassin ❯ Chapter 2- In The Rain ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 - In the Rain

A.N.- Hey everybody this is SkyRaven, I would not mind having some reviews to this chapter, maybe some input to help me with it as I keep on writing. By the way, thanks to Shottsy for helping me write this chapter and no the two people in the temple were not Kikyo and Naraku. They are (honk honk) and (honk honk), sorry my pet goose escaped again.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha

It was a calm sunny day clouds in the sky and no site of trouble approaching from either sides of Lady Keade's town. Kagome sat under a window in the room that she shared with Sango and Shippo. Shippo was with Miroku in the other room. She had pulled out her homework she brought, as she thought to herself " Boy, I do miss everyone at home, but I have my duty here to in Feudal Japan to fix. Grandpa must be looking in the dictionary for disease to dismiss me from school." Kagome sighed and got back to her Mathematics work. Kiala awoke from sleeping and walked over to Kagome and started to purr around her. Kagome stopped what she was doing (parabolas who wouldn't) and picked her up. She looked at Kiala's ears, they reminded her of Inuyasha. Kagome said to herself, "maybe I should go and see what Inuyasha, Miroku and Shippo are doing right now. Should I wake up Sango?" Kagome looked at Kiala in the eyes and decided not to wake up Sango. Kagome put down Kiala gracefully and went to the room were the guys were at. Before she left she said, " Come Kiala, let Sango have a couple more hours of sleep she will need it" she gave Kiala a wink and went to the next room.

The guys were all there, Inuyasha was crossed legged under a window eating his breakfast and Shippo (who was doing nothing out of the ordinary) as soon as he saw Kiala, ran outside with her with glee.

" Inuyasha what are you doing" said Kagome.

"What's it look like I am doing" responded Inuyasha in a rude manner;

" Anyway, do you know were Miroku is?" asked Kagome. She searched around the room for signs of Miroku and there were none. " Oh well as long as he is not in any mischief" said Kagomie and sat down with Inuyasha and started to have her breakfast.



Knock- Knock, "Sango time to get up, wake up before your breakfast gets eaten" said Miroku.

" Fine, I will get up," replied Sango and she shooed Miroku away. Sango took a quick bath and went to the room where Inuyasha and Kagome were for her breakfast.

Sango stretched as she yawned. She noticed that Kagome had come back into the room supporting breakfast. Kagome handed it to her. "Thanks Kagome"

Kagome situated herself down next to Sango. "I'm sorry it's a little cold, I wanted to let you to continue to sleep". Sango quietly chewed her food, "That's alright, why didn't you wake me up?"

"I thought you could use a few more minutes of sleep, epically in your condition."

Sango spit out the food in mouth, "My what? I don't have a condition!"

Kagome studied her friend, "After that attack late night when we returned to the village".

Sango felt like she was missing something, "What attack? I only remember us fighting with Janise, that was nearly two days ago". Why did she forget? It puzzled her.

"Do you remember, you might have forgotten, you hurt your head pretty hard", Kagome felt sympathy for her friend; she had forgotten the whole ordeal. "Do you feel alright Sango?"

"Yes, I feel fine", she went to stand up and she felt soaring pain through her stomach. She looked down to study it further, there was white bandages wrapped around her waist.

"Miroku was the one who found you this way, he picked you up and got you all bandaged up," said Kagome.

" Not really, I don't remember a thing" responded Sango

"Well anyways, Lady Keade recommends that you recuperate for a while, that means no monster oddest" said Kagome, "Miroku offered to stay with you, he still has to recuperate from his mortal blow", said Kagome.

" Is he ok?" questioned Sango through mouth fulls.

" Yes he is fine, just a couple cuts here and there, nothing as serious as yours," answered Kagome.

Shippo ran into the room and said " One of Keade's scouts has seen a monster around a town not too far from here to the west, they need our help" said Shippo.

" Well I got to go, remember do not follow us, you need to relax for a couple of days" said Kagome to Sango sticking her finger out and waving it.

"Do not worry, I will not follow you" replied Sango. Kagome dashed off with Inuyasha and Shippo and Miroku walked in right after.

" How are you feeling, you were damaged pretty badly. We were worried you would not stay alive," said Miroku.

" In pain but nothing too bad enough to do things though" responded Sango.

" Want to go for a walk? Better than doing nothing or staying cooped up in here" asked Miroku.

" Sure why not" said Sango. Miroku helped Sango up and they left Keade's village and walked into the forest. The sun was shining brightly, Sango walked beside Miroku. There was something about today; she didn't quite know what it was. She glanced over at him from the corner of her eye; she couldn't help to notice that his robes really brought out the colour of his eyes. /Wait Sango why are you thinking about the colour of his eyes? / She asked herself.

"Sango?" Miroku noticed that she had drifted off.

"Hum?" She looked back over at him.

"It seemed like you went somewhere else for a while there", he smiled in return she too smiled.

She keeps on finding herself looking at him. /Get your mind out of the gutter/ but she didn't stop, something kept on drawing her back to him. Each time she would focus on one of his fiscal features.

Miroku noticed that everyone and a while Sango would look at him like she was studying his face. He was confused by her actions. "Lady Sango is there something on your mind?"

"No, I'm just trying to figure out what happened last night. I have no memory of what happened", She said the first thing that came to her mind, truthfully she had be thinking of him.

"I...was worr" He realized his mistake quickly and hoped she wouldn't catch it, "We were worried about you".

/He was worried about me? / She thought.

"We thought that you might have gotten a concussion", she heard the concern in his voice. Maybe he was really worried about her.

" You tried to take the monster on by yourself just like you did to Janise, but you were not suspecting this creature to do this attack on you. It wrapped its self around you with his cloak and it started to strangle you putting more pressure against you. We were unable to get you out of it. Inuyasha got so mad that he killed the creature and the cloak fell off. You were in bad condition, so I.. We decided that I should be the one to bring you back to Lady Keade's Village to get all healed up. My wounds were not that serious, I put you on Kiala and we got back to Keade's village just in time." said Miroku.

Sango looked at him with full of compassion, she was surprised that he cared about her and asked Miroku "I'm a bit cold could we..." before she could say the rest of her sentence he put his cloak off and wrapped it around her.

" There, is that better?" asked Miroku.

" Very much thanks," answered Sango. Sango and Miroku finally decided to walk back to the village. Once they were out of the forest, the clouds started to gather creating making the sky all gray. Little drops of water started to fall down. It started to rain.

" We better get home quick or we will be soaked" said Sango

"Yes we should", Miroku agreed but neither of them seemed to be moving. They were just looking at each other. He broke the distance between them. With his un-cursed hand he brushed his palm against her cheek.

She felt butterflies stirred in her stomach. "Miroku?" She questioned confused with what he was doing. She felt herself leaning into his embrace.

She resisted at first but then she started to kiss him back, her eyes closing as she did. Her arms went to wrap around his neck.

One of his hands found themselves in her hair and the other in the small of her back. The kiss slowly broke apart both catching their breath.

"What just happened?" She asked, her lips still tingling from the remains of their kiss. He didn't respond, "Miroku?"

He silenced her with a kiss, burying both of his hands in her raven hair. He pulled back when they realized that they were both soaking wet. "I think we should get back to lady Keade's hut".

"Yes we should" Sango said them she grabbed him and pulled him into another passionate embrace.

At first he was shocked that she would be so up front like that. But soon he gave into the kiss. He kissed her slowly leading her back towards the hut as he did so. They fumbled in almost tripping in the process, but Miroku caught them, never once breaking apart. He slowly lowered her to the futon. He looked into her eyes as to ask for permission. She kissed him again.

"Are you sure?" He asked questionably.

She looked into his eyes, "I've never been more sure about anything in my life". He continued his assault on her mouth after he was sure that she was okay with this. Soundly Sango jerked awake, her body covered with a thick sheet of sweat, she looked beside her for any sign of Miroku but she only saw Kiala popping her head up to look at her.

It was all just a dream. Kiala purred and settled on Sango's lap. Sango slowly petted Kiala.