InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Love Song ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: wow chapter seven already. I am such a good writer. *Hears Emmy music* *accepts award* oh thank you. You like me, you really like me!

 

Chapter seven:

 

Kagome had seen the two boys fighting. Although she did not hear what they said, she was still curious. Kagome took the water pitcher to the outside sink to fill it up. She saw Inuyasha there while he was splashing cold water on his face. She went up to the sink and started filling the pitcher. After a couple of minutes, she finally decided to talk to him.

 

"Inuyasha," she said. He lifted his head and looked up at her. "Do you have something against Kouga?" Inuyasha went back to splashing water on his face. "I can tell you do, but he's a really nice guy." He turned off the sink and wiped the water out of his eyes.

 

"So?" he said.

 

"So… I think you're too harsh." He looked at her with a curious look.

 

"Are you two going steady?" He asked.

 

"What?" She looked at him strange. Inuyasha began jogging to the volleyball court leaving Kagome confused.

 

**Outside of school before study hall**

 

Kagome and Kouga were walking outside. They had all of their school stuff and autumn coats.

 

"Everyone knows results are important," Kagome said. "But believing in the process is what counts."

 

"Kagome." Kouga said.

 

"Hai?"

 

"Forget it."

 

"What is it?" She asked as they stopped. "Tell me, tell me!"

 

"Kagome, am I a wimp?" He sheepishly asked waiting for her answer. Kagome laughed.

 

"Yes, but you're a handsome wimp." She said as they started walking.

 

"Oh don't tease me, I'm serious."

 

"Oh is that so? Mr. Wimp?"

 

"Not you too…" he said as he started to chase her. They were teasing and laughing. Inuyasha was walking behind them and seeing how they act around each other. Kikyo was behind him and then at his side.

 

"Don't they just look perfect together?" She asked. Inuyasha didn't answer as they continued walking. "They insist they're childhood buddies. That's a corny excuse don't you think?" She asked looking at him.

 

"Excuse?" He asked.

 

"They're so full of hot air. They're actually an item. I prefer being straightforward. You like me don't you?" They stopped walking.

 

"What?"

 

"I know about guys like you. You can never confess your feelings. I know you joined radio club because of me." At that remark Inuyasha smirked. "Okay, I'll give you a chance."

 

"You're an interesting character." She looked at him. "Shouldn't you put that imagination to better use?" He started walking away. Kikyo looked at him and stomped her foot in anger.

 

**In Kagome's house**

 

A/n: I did not know how this was going to work but I changed from having Kagome a little brother to a little sister instead. Trust me, it's a better idea in the long run.

 

Kagome was in her room with her art stand. She was drawing a picture of her little sister Purinsesusu for her art class. Her little sister however was starting to get bored of sitting there. Purinsesusu moved her neck.

"Oh don't move." Kagome said. Purinsesusu went back into position. She moved her neck again.

 

"Purinsesusu!" She gave a loud sigh. After a few seconds Purinsesusu turned to face Kagome.

 

"Kagome my neck hurts, can we stop now?" She asked, more like begged.

 

"No," she walked over to her and put her back into the position. "I did your homework remember? Now quit moving or else I'll have to start over. Stay still." She walked back to her stand.

 

"Oh, I have to go to the bathroom…" her little sister groaned. Her eyes lit up however when the telephone rang.

 

"The phone!" Purinsesusu exclaimed. Kagome gave her a serious look.

 

"Stay put!" She said as she got up and walked into the living room. She kneeled down to the table and answered the phone.

 

"Hello… oh mom," she looked over her shoulder and saw her sister walking away. "Purinsesusu! … Yes mom, no nothing's wrong. What do you need?"

 

**Downtown Tokyo**

 

A/n: Kagome's mom owns a store where she sells dresses.

 

"It's too expensive. Feel the fabric." A Woman was complaining to Kagome's mother.

 

"It's no big deal." Kagome's mom said.

 

"Oh come on, give me a discount. I'm a regular customer."

 

"That's a good price, I can't lower it. Okay… fifteen dollars."

 

"Oh, okay, okay." She handed her the money and took the dress. "Here, I'll be back." And then the woman left. Kagome, who saw the whole thing, went up to her mother. Her mother looked at her.

 

"Oh Kagome." She said smiling.

 

"Did you make lots of money?" She asked as she handed her a duffel bag.

 

"I forgot to bring this thank you."

 

"Dinner?"

 

"I ate already."

 

"You didn't eat instant noodles did you?"

 

"I ate decent food okay."

 

"Okay," she started to button her mother's sweater. "You should dress more warmly."

 

"Okay, okay. Get home, your sister is all alone."

 

"Okay, see you home later."

 

"Bye." Her mother went back to the store, as Kagome looked behind, concerned about her mother. She finally started walking home after a few minutes. Kagome walked past a restaurant. In the restaurant was non other than that Inuyasha. Kagome did not see him as she kept walking. Inuyasha did not see her either. Kagome turned into the alley way where she saw a man who looked drunk walking.

 

"How much do I owe?" Inuyasha asked.

 

"Two dollars." The woman said. After paying, Inuyasha started walking home when he heard two people arguing. He turned into the alley and saw that it was Kagome and a man.

 

"Let's go have a drink." He said holding on to her jacket.

 

"Let go!" She screamed.

 

"You should get to know me." He said.

 

"Help!" Inuyasha heard her cry and came up to them.

 

"Help!"

 

"Kagome." Inuyasha said.

 

"Inuyasha." She said.

 

"Who is he?" Kagome raised her shoulders and mouthing `I don't know.'

 

"Let her go." He said to the man.

 

"Huh? Who the hell are you? How dare you butt in? Mind your own business." He said as he turned back to Kagome. Inuyasha pushed him out of the way and put his arm behind Kagome so they could leave. The man got irritated.

 

"Let's go." Inuyasha said.

 

"Come back here." He said. He turned Inuyasha around and punched him in the jaw. Kagome gasped and tried to stop the man. She grabbed hold of the man's arm and bit him. The man yelled and started to strangle Kagome. Inuyasha got up, turned the man around and punched him. They both fought as Kagome tried to stop them.

 

**Police station**

 

"She flirted with me, saying she wanted a drink," The man said. He was sitting down as the cop was writing down his statement. "So I felt sorry for her." The cop was not buying his story and wrote him as just another drunk.

 

Kagome and Inuyasha were sitting on the front bench. Inuyasha had cuts on his chin and jaw line while the corner of his mouth was bleeding. Kagome pulled out a handkerchief and gave it to Inuyasha. He looked at her confused. Kagome motioned him to wipe his face. Inuyasha did so but wasn't wiping in the wrong places.

 

"Not there." She said. Inuyasha wiped in the wrong spot again. Kagome then took it away and wiped it off herself.

 

"You can't even fight, why did you hit him?" She asked. Inuyasha remained silent. "What am I going to do? My mom will have a heart attack if she finds out." She faced Inuyasha. "I can't call my mom, so ask your parents to come. Okay?" She said. The police officer came over to them and sat down in front of them.

 

"We didn't do anything wrong." Kagome said. "He was harassing us."

 

"Okay! Be quiet and call your father." He said. At that sentence Kagome looked down at her hands. "Hurry!"

 

"I don't have a father." She said. Inuyasha looked up at her. "My mom is working…"

 

"What?" He then looked at Inuyasha. "Did you call?" Inuyasha looked down at his hands as Kagome looked at him. "We don't have all day. Hurry and tell them to come and get you." Inuyasha stayed silent. "Are you deaf? Call your father."

 

"I don't have a father." He said.

 

**Outside pharmacy**

 

Kagome walked out of the pharmacy with a bag in her hands. She sat down next to Inuyasha and helped him with his bandage.

 

"I hope it doesn't leave a scar." She said concerned.

 

"It's okay." He said.

 

"I didn't know you had no father. My dad died of an illness. How about yours?" Inuyasha didn't answer. He then looked at her.

 

"Do you like Kouga?" He asked.

 

"What? No he and I are like family. Both of our fathers were friends." Inuyasha looked at her.

 

"Your father and Kouga's father?"

 

"Hai, from high school."

"Oh really?" Inuyasha said with concern. "Let's go, it's late." They both got up and started walking. Kagome started putting on her pink mittens.

 

"Tell me the truth." She said. "You transferred here because you got into trouble in Kyoto." He did not answer. "No? Why did you come then?"

 

"To find someone."

 

"Who?"

 

"I don't know you well enough to tell you."

 

"Right. Oh Inuyasha about tonight…"

 

"You don't have to thank me. I would've done the same for anyone. Good night." He started walking.

 

"Inuyasha." She said. When he turned around she threw him the pharmacy bag. "Don't forget to put the medicine on three times a day." Then she walked in the other direction. Inuyasha smirked at her spunk.

 

A/n: end.