InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Message ❯ Night of the Winter Solstice ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, I do not own Inuyasha, I do not own Inuyasha

 

Foreword: This is just the first part, the rating will go up in later chapters as this will be a lemon, but for now, enjoy!

 

Winter Message

 

By: frostie

 

 

Kagome looked into the mirror a final time on the twenty-first of December.

 

>>>>>>>

 

For the past year Kagome Higurashi had fought to retrieve the remains of her scholastic career. Homework and tests had become her passion. She afforded herself very little free time, but even her friends could understand why. After she had made a miraculous recovery that she attributed to her grandfather, and to a boy that she had met while being treated for her affliction, Kagome had had only about a year left to relearn and catch up as best she could. Universities didn't select students on sob stories alone. Sure, her teachers had told her, the universities would cut her some slack for being immensely sick, but she would also have to work exceedingly hard to get to a point where she could get accepted. Exceeding expectations did not begin to illustrate what Kagome Higurashi had done.

 

Her start had been bumpy; as she struggled to learn in weeks what had taken months and years for her peers, but a passionate will and some friends who had really stepped up to help their friend had helped. Hojo had forgone his pursuit of Kagome after hearing about a boy she had really liked; who had likewise had the same condition and had passed on as Kagome got better. Instead, Hojo had helped Kagome in every way he could, academically speaking.

 

Now Kagome Higurashi was the top of her class, and set to enter any university of her choice.

 

Yet one thing still bothered her, the boy who had passed on. The one who had made her promise to do the best she could at "ska-ool" and go on to succeed.

 

>>>>>>>

 

And here she was, in her room; while her relatives waited downstairs drinking eggnog and Christmas tea. Here she was looking into the mirror and thinking about the boy, the one she had told her friends about. The one who had been sick like her, had been a friend, perhaps more; and the one who hadn't made it. And about what a lie it was.

 

Kagome took a look in the mirror again, yet was surprised by what she saw.

 

To anyone untrained, the reflection in the mirror would seem to be a reflection of an older her, one a few years older in age, and dressed in clothes not of this era.

 

"Kikyo," Kagome let escape a very surprised whisper.

 

"Hai," answered the reflection. "You need only know what it is that you long for and you need only say the word. You have the power to deliver him from the impostor's grasp."

 

Kagome blinked and the reflection was gone, yet the words that it had spoken still rang.

 

"You need only say the word."

 

 

 

A/N: So this is my new fic. It has a Christmas type theme for the winter months. I'd like to thank Brent for pre-reading this. The chapters will be kind of short because they involve some tricky scene changes and such, but I hope it will turn out ok. Thanks for reading and please review, good or bad.

 

Merry Christmas

frostie