InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ You've Got To Be Kidding ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha
(A/N:Normally I would like to avoid these, but It has been pointed out that calling Kagome's mom Sora was too confusing, so now her name is Mysiu, I have gone back and corrected this in past chapters. Thanks go to Kittikins for the suggestion of the new name.)

Chapter 6 : You Can't Be Serious

"Mom! What about the well? What about our friends? We can't just leave them!" Inu Yasha had to hold Kagome as well as himself back.

"No, I think you misunderstand." Kouga stated. "It's not permanent or anything. At least not yet, and you're not the one's moving. It's Trin, and me. Our house is being tented, and when I told Mysiu , she invited us to stay. Just to see what it might be like."

"That's why we wanted everyone to meet at the festival." Mysiu explained "So it wasn't like some stranger was just moving into our home."

"How come you never mentioned her?" Inu Yasha pointed to Trin.

"Actually, I never met her until the festival." She answered.

"It's not that I didn't tell her." Kouga pointed out. "Just don't think that she believed me."

"Well, what did you expect?" Mysiu countered playfully. "I've been to your house, and never once seen her. I thought you were just trying to be nice when I told you that I had children." Kagome and Inu Yasha watched in slight horror at the little play fight. Both wondered if they were that annoying when they did it. Sota seemed to read their faces.

"Yes, you are." He stated simply and stood up from the table. "Hey, Trin, do you like video games?" Trin seemed surprised by the question.

"Yeah." She answered warily. "What of it?"

"Well, Hikari had to go visit her grandparents today, and I didn't have anything planned. I just figured since you're going to be here awhile that you might want to avoid this stuff." He pointed behind himself. "If our parents are anything like Inu Yasha and my sister, this is going to last awhile."

"Hey!" The two mentioned were definitely offended.

"Whatever!" Trin said. "Just get me away from all of the hormones." The two of them walked upstairs, leaving the two couples on their own.

"Uh. Mom," Kagome interrupted the Eskimo kissing feast in front of her, "Inu Yasha and I are going to go the feudal era." Mysiu pulled away just long enough to yell as they left out the door.

"Be back in time for dinner!" Inu Yasha stopped her before they entered the well house.

"Excuse me, but Kagome?" He gave her a questioning look and ran a hand up and down the front of his outfit. Kagome giggled.

"Whoops! Sorry, but hurry, we only have until dinner." Inu Yasha 'tsked' her.

"If I heard right, she said, 'Be back in time for dinner.' We can take that however we want." With that, he jumped to the roof, and entered the house through Kagome's window. Not wanting to cross paths with Kouga. Once he was in his usual red suit, and with Tetsusaiga in hand, Inu Yasha grabbed Kagome by the waist, and jumped through the well.

"So, they're still not back?" Kagome asked Kaede. "Where could they have gone?" Inu Yasha was leaning in the door frame and Shippou was practicing some sort of illusion with his hands. Kagura was on an errand, and Sango and Miroku were still gone.

"I do not know." Answered Kaede. "They simply said that they were going west for on a very important quest, and would be gone for quite a long time.

"But it's been two months as it is." Protested Kagome. "What could they be up to?"

"It's probably none of our business." Offered Inu Yasha. "They'll come back when they're finished with whatever it is they're doing."

"Well, whatever it is, I hope they're enjoying themselves because I've been bored out of my mind." Shippou complained. "No offense to you, Kaede, or Kagura, but with them gone, I've had noone to entertain me."

"And I'll bet Inu Yasha and I staying in my time doesn't help either does it?" Kagome added.

"You're telling me." He crossed his arms and pouted.

"Hey, runt." Inu Yasha barked. "If you're done complaining about being bored, how about we spar a bit, and I can teach you a few new things." Shippou's eyes lit up at the prospect, and he ran out the door past Inu Yasha, who just nodded and followed the hyperactive kitsune.

"That's something else that's bothering me." Kagome said absently.

"What is?" Kaede queried.

"Well, it's Trin, she's a wolf demon that's fourteen and looks like she's bordering twenty. While Shippou, on the other hand, looks to be about Sota's age, yet when we found him he looked to be about half of that, even though I have no clue how old he really is." Kagome sighed as if she had been defeated by her own logic.

"Well, different demons age at different rates." Kaede explained. "When a cow or a horse is born, they must learn to walk within the first few minutes of life, while kittens are born blind, and barely do more than crawl for at least two weeks. Does that make any sense?"

"I guess." Kagome muttered.

"By the way, who is this Trin that she would allow you to get close enough to her that you would know her name, much less, her age?" Kaede asked

"Well, you see," Kagome began to ramble, "it's kind of a long story."

"Not bad," commented Inu Yasha, "But you still leave yourself open on the left side." He lunged at Shippou with the untransformed Tetsusaiga. Shippou dodge, and smacked the sword away with his own bamboo pole. He swelled with pride at dodging Inu Yasha's attack, but was brought back down when the sword came back down on the back of his head.

"Hey, that's not fair!" He whined as he rubbed the sore spot.

"This isn't about being fair, it's about keeping your guard up." Inu Yasha sheathed his sword. "I think we should head back, Kagome's mom did ask us to be back at a certain time."

"Can I come this time?" Shippou seemed to forget about all his pains. Inu Yasha just shook his head.

"Not up to me, though I think things are getting cramped as it is." He turned and began walking back towards Kaede's

Suddenly, a chill blew through the air and the sky started to darken. Shippou's eyes grew wide with fear as he looked up into the sky. A scream caught in his throat. He looked at the figure walking away from him. Somehow, he found his voice.

"Inu Yasha!" He shouted. At that moment, a bolt of lighting struck the clueless hanyou, and Shippou's scream was drowned out by the boom of thunder.

"So now, he and his daughter are going to be staying for the next week or so." Kagome finished. A cold breeze blew in through the window, and She hugged herself.

"That is most unusual." Kaede spoke as she and Kagome stood look out of the window. "Do you feel the evil aura behind that wind?" Kagome only nodded and pointed to the sky just as it darkened. A scream was heard in unison with a blast of lighting that was followed by the rumble of thunder. Kagome passed out with the sound of the thunder. Just as quickly as the sky had darkened, it cleared up. Kagome sat up quickly with a blank stare in her eyes.

"Nemesis." She stated darkly. Then, her eyes regained their consciousness. "We have to hurry, Inu Yasha's in trouble."