InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ He Shouldn't Have Done That ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha.

Chapter 15: He Shouldn't Have Done That!

Inu Yasha sat in his bed waiting for Kagome to return, which would be any minute now. He was smiling to himself, and was practically swelling with pride. He couldn't wait to see Kagome's face. His manner drastically changed however when Kagome burst into his room, tears streaming down her face. She ran to his bed, and buried her face in his chest. He hated the salty smell and moisture accumulating on his chest that accompanied this reaction, but he leaned in to comfort her. He nuzzled the top of her head lovingly, and rubbed her back in small circular motions.

"Shh….shh….It'll be okay, what happened?" He whispered softly. She didn't answer right away, she just sobbed uncontrollably. After a few minutes, she answered between sniffles and hiccups.

"Hojo..he…he…touched me." Her sobs came back worse, and a growl grew in Inu Yasha's chest.

'That bastard!' he thought. 'Well, Kagome, it looks like my little surprise is going to wait until later.' He ceased his growling so that he could focus on taking care of her.

About an hour later, Kouga came in and found Kagome asleep with her head on Inu Yasha's chest.

"She's been crying." Inu Yasha growled.

"Well, dinner's ready." Kouga stated from the door. "Are you coming down?" Inu Yasha nudged Kagome. She looked at him kind of groggily.

"Dinner's ready." He smiled down at her. She saw Kouga at the door.

"I have to go wash my face, would you help him down the stairs?" She asked Kouga. Then, she stood up and stretched.

"Feh." Inu Yasha crossed his arms grumpily as she stepped out of the door.

"No problem." Kouga told her as she walked down the hall. Now that Kagome was out of range, Inu Yasha stood and walked right up to Kouga.

"As you can see, I don't need your help." He growled. Kouga's eyes were a bit wide. "At least not with that."

"Does Kagome know?"

"No, and I'd like to keep it that way. The reason she was crying was because this guy at her school was harassing her. Now, I don't like you, and I'm sure you don't like me, but I know we both value Kagome and her person. So, are you going to help me?" He paced as he spoke.

"Depends." Kouga said. "What do I have to do?"

When Kagome came down for dinner, Inu Yasha was sitting at the table in his wheelchair.

"Didn't sound like you put up much of a fight." She said to Inu Yasha.

"That's because I didn't." He stated quietly.

"So, what's for dinner?" Kagome asked cheerfully.

"One of my favorites!" Chirped Trin. "Corndogs!" Inu Yasha made a face at the revelation. "What's wrong with that?" She asked.

"Inu Yasha refused to eat anything that has the word dog attached to it." Sota answered.

"Which is why we also have hamburgers." Said Mysiu.

"I thought you made them for the old man." Trin said.

"Manners!" Warned Kouga.

"Sorry dad."

"This is one of the few issues Inu Yasha and I agree on." Said Grandpa.

"What other foods have the word 'dog' in them?" Asked Shippou. He poked warily at the corndog placed in front of him.

"Well, there's hot dogs, but I think that's about it. That's just what they call the meat thing in the middle of your corndog." Trin said before munching happily at the corndogs on her plate.

"What's it made out of?" Shippou asked.

"You don't want to know." Grandpa answered.

"The same goes for SPAM." Sota stated.

"That's what I had for lunch today." Shippou said.

"Anyhow, I recommend that you eat the burger runt. That, I can tell you is made from a cow." Inu Yasha stated before taking a large bite of his own. They all ate in relative silence after that, and then Kouga spoke.

"Kagome, how about I take you to school in the morning, that way we can take Inu Yasha along, and he can see you off." He stated.

"That's sounds like a good idea." Kagome's mood seemed lighter.

"Can I go too?" Shippou asked. Kouga shot Inu Yasha a quick questioning look.

"If it's okay with Kouga." Inu Yasha stated.

"Yay!" Shouted Shippou. The rest of the evening went over fairly well.

Sango and Miroku sat on a small hill, watching the sunset.

"Do you think they will be coming tomorrow?" Sango asked.

"For all of our sakes, let's hope not, you heard Kagura. Then again, I do want to tell them about us." Miroku stated.

"I think they might have expected it, but still, I do want to tell them." She said back. They both sat in silence for a while.

"It's kind of strange how everything can be so calm when it seems the whole world knows what's coming." Miroku stated.

"We're as ready as we can possibly be. Now all we can do is wait." Sango stated.

"And there is no one else I would rather wait with." Miroku whispered before taking Sango's lips into his own.

"Come one, it's time to wake up!" Mysiu called. Kagome adjusted herself, and looked at the clock on Inu Yasha's bed stand.

"What? I don't usually get up for another hour." She said gruffly before snuggling back into Inu Yasha's chest. He was already awake and shook her a bit.

"Hey, how else is Kouga going to take you to school, and bring me and Shippou back in time for him to go to work?" He asked her.

"You have a point." She grumbled, and headed towards her room so that she could get dressed. Inu Yasha stood up and took a look around the hallway. Everyone was still in his or her respective rooms upstairs, with the exception of Kouga making his coffee downstairs. Inu Yasha grabbed his wheelchair, and bolted down the steps before anyone else saw him. The moment he made it to the bottom and had sat down, Shippou stumbled out of Kagome's room.

"Hey, Shippou, we need to talk to you for a minute." Inu Yasha stated.

"Uh, okay." Shippou said as her walked down the steps.

Everyone was in the car when Kagome came out carrying her schoolbooks. Shippou sat in the front passenger seat, and Inu Yasha waited somewhat patiently for her in the back. Kagome sensed a stiff tension in the air as they rode up to her school. Even though it was early, a few students were still outside waiting for classes to start.

"Well, I guess I'll see you at noon." She stated. She gave Inu Yasha a quick kiss, but stopped before she had shut the door completely. "I assume that you and Rudy won't get into any trouble on the way home." As soon as the door clicked, a smirk appeared across Inu Yasha's face.

"You assume too much." With this statement, Kouga, Shippou, and Inu Yasha each snapped out a pair of black sunglasses and put them on.

"Let's roll." Said Kouga.