InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ Does Anything have a point ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha

Chapter 22: Does anything have a point?

Kagome awoke to the smell of pancakes. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at the warm body next to her. He smiled down and began stroking her hair. Suddenly something registered inside of her.

"Oh no, I forgot to warn Mom about our guests." She gave a terrified look to her companion.

"Don't worry, she's still asleep. I think your guests got hungry and decided to make breakfast. Though I still don't like or trust them." He said roughly.

"Still, we should get up." Inu Yasha reluctantly released her, and they made their way downstairs. As they were walking, they heard Ducan's voice in what seemed to be a one-sided conversation.

"I don't think they'll mind, we just barged in on them for crying out loud. The least we could do is clean up and make breakfast for them."

Inu Yasha and Kagome approached to see Deirdre and Duncan in a staring match.

"Um, who were you talking to?" Kagome asked.

The two in the kitchen turned to their hosts in surprise. There was a moment of silence, Duncan shot a glare at Deirdre then returned his gaze to the confused couple in front of him.

"No one, I was just making breakfast. I know it's not traditional Japanese, but I thought you might like it." He said.

"Oh, it sounds fine; we have an American style breakfast once in a while." Kagome responded, and Inu Yasha walked into the kitchen and began rummaging through the fridge. After a moment of him searching Kagome asked what he was doing.

"Looking for some kind of meat product. Don't you still have some of that bacon from the last time we had an American breakfast?" Deirdre visibly stiffened, and Duncan turned towards the hanyou.

"No," she said slowly, "I don't believe so." She saw the two strangers let out a sigh in unison.

"Aha!" stated Inu Yasha, "Here's some ham, and pig is pig no matter how you look at it." He stood up with a few slices in his hand, obviously made by his claws, and was about to throw them onto the now empty frying pan, when Duncan knocked him over.

"No!" `No!' Came the cry as he was slammed into the floor.

"What in the seven hells?!" Inu Yasha screamed. Kagome just stood there looking shocked.

"SHUT UP!" Came a chorused call from everyone that was rudely awakened upstairs.

"Inu Yasha?" Kagome spoke softly, suddenly ignoring their guests. "Was it just me, or did I just hear two voices?"

Well, I was asked to update, even if it was only one page, well, it's one and a quarter pages, and I am out one project grade for a class. Enjoy it, I hope to update again in another month, but I can't make any promises.