InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ Another Day Bites The Dust ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 25: Another Day Bites The Dust.

“Well, I convinced Inu Yasha to stay in my room until he cools off, but you really shouldn’t do anything to interrupt when we’re alone together.” Kagome said. “You’re lucky you’re alive let alone uninjured.”

“Sorry,” Duncan stated. “But it is urgent.”

“Not too long ago, you told us to take our time.” Kagome argued.

“Yes, but that was before the text changed.” Duncan stated.

“What?” She wasn’t understanding him.

‘The text I had brought with me to verify our reasons for coming is beginning to alter.’ Deirdre quickly explained.

“How’s it changed.” Kagome demanded.

‘It’s as if yours and Inu Yasha’s names are fading from history.’ Deirdre was wary.

“So, the quest never happens, where’s the problem?” She didn’t know what to make of the newcomers’ comments.

“Originally, the two of you along with your friends defeated a great evil. Part of the problem was that during that time, the evil had possessed Inu Yasha.” Duncan said.

“We know that it wanted him, that’s why we’ve trapped ourselves on this side of the well.” Kagome stated.

‘That was a mistake.’ Deirdre said eerily. ‘Now that the two of you are out of the picture, this evil needs to find a new body to inhabit. If you don’t find a way to get back, this could mean the end of all demon kind.’

“What do you mean?” Kagome’s head was spinning.

“This evil was one that helped to aid in Naraku’s creation.” Duncan spoke. “He was made up of a bunch of lesser demons fused into one body.”

“No…” Understanding came to Kagome. “The demons are gathering.”

‘Exactly, and if you don’t find a way to get back soon, they will be used to make the new body for this evil. I’m still not sure how it will end either way since the last page is still missing, but I do know that this new development can’t be good.’

Deirdre held up the text she was speaking of, and in the middle of one of the pages was a dark swirling void.

888888888

“I see no reason why you can’t stay in Kagome and Inu Yasha’s hut.” Miroku commented.

“Do you think that Sesshoumaru would go so low as to spend the night in…” Jaken was cut off when Rin gave him a big hug.

She had been carrying the imp since he had injured his leg on the way there.

“I may not like my brother, but I will not cross into his den without his permission.” Sesshoumaru answered coolly.
“Kagura asked me to be here, and I have arrived. I do not have a problem sleeping in the woods, I do however ask that you allow Rin to stay in your home.”

“That can be arranged.” Sango answered.

“I know that you can sense the evil in the air as easily as I.” His stoic mask never waned. “I will go check the perimeter for now.”

The majestic lord took off to the out skits of the forest. Miroku and Sango help set up Rin and Jaken in their hut to rest for the night.

888

When Shippo awoke the next morning he cursed himself for having fallen asleep at Kagome’s party. He had no choice. He had to go back so that he could make up for not saying goodbye or being able to give her the gift he had made.

He knew it wasn’t much, but Kagome always loved the gifts he made himself. It was a picture frame. He had seen them around Kagome’s house, and it had given him the idea.

He had collected shells and shiny stones, then using some items he had received from Mrs. Higurashi he glued them to the frame. He also placed a picture inside that Kagome had taken before they had even met Miroku.

Shippo chuckled at the memory. He had been fascinated by the object. He was especially impressed by the fact that the pictures came out right away.

This particular photo had been taken when he had grabbed the object and tried taking a picture of himself.
Inu Yasha had been in an unusually good mood at the time, so when Kagome began to giggle at Shippo’s actions he had allowed himself to smile as well.

This photo was the end result. The couple were in the background smiling, while he took up space in the bottom of the frame. It almost look like it was set up. Still, neither of them had seen the image since the flash had surprised Inu Yasha and he accused Shippo of trying to blind him.

While Kagome sat the dog demon for being mean, Shippo slipped the picture in his pocket. It had been his most valued possession until Kagome gave him that blanket for his birthday.

He stood up and went to find Miroku and Sango so that they could take him back through the well.