InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ The Shadow Grows Darker ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 27: The Shadow Darkens

“Old man, there’s no way you’re going.” Kouga came up behind Kagome’s grandfather. “But, I wouldn’t tagging along.”

“We’ll need someone here to keep everything in line, I think you would be best for it.” Kagome said.

“I’ll have to agree, we can’t have a bunch of demons from the past running amuck in this time.” Inu Yasha agreed.

“I’m sorry, but who are you?” Duncan asked.

“I could ask the same thing of you and the woman cowering behind you.” Kouga returned. Duncan’s gaze focused as if he were listening to a voice only he could hear. Kagome guessed that Deirdre was having a private conversation with him.

“You wouldn’t know someone by the name of Vince, would you?” Duncan asked Kouga.

“Doesn’t ring a bell.” Kouga answered.

“See, you should be safe.” He said to Deirdre. Then, he turned to Kouga. “Sorry, you reminded her of someone that has given us a lot of trouble. My name is Duncan, and this,” He stepped aside. “Is Deirdre. We arrived last night. With some news we thought Kagome and Inu Yasha needed to hear.”

“She smells like a half-demon.” Kouga stated. “Some sort of cat if I’m not mistaken.”

“That’s not the issue right now.” Inu Yasha interrupted. “We have bigger problems than worrying about their pasts.”

“He’s right.” Miroku agreed.

“Old man, go back to bed.” Kouga pushed Granpa away. “We all have some planning to do.”

88888888

“I feel a large gathering of energy.”

“So you won’t need the hanyou after all?”

“I would prefer his power, but I could work with this. It just needs to build a little more.”

“Are you sure?”

“It won’t be as effective, but it should serve my purposes.”

“If you say so.”

888

“I can’t believe they left me behind, it was my idea to go in the first place.” Shippo sulked.

“Quit whining like that, you are a demon, first and foremost.” Sesshoumaru stepped up behind him.

“I just wish I knew what was going on.” The fox-demon argued.

“Sometimes, it’s best not to know.”

777

Thank you INUYOKIA87
I’ll try not to make anymore blonde jokes.

I know they’re short, but I’m working on a ton of other things, and I’m doing my best to update, I have a few stories that are a little more popular, and I’m trying to divide my attention accordingly.

Thank you