InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yume, The Dream Panther ❯ Yume, The Dream Panther ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey readers! Thanks for coming to another one of my InuYasha stories! I am still writing 'Mating Season' but had another idea so I wanted to write this one before I forgot. haha. I hope you enjoy it!

Disclaimer: I Do Not Own InuYasha

I Am Uploading This Story To Three Different Sites. If They Are On Any Others Or Different Accounts, Please Let Me Know.

MediaMiner: mre240582

Fanfiction: InuyashaKagome4everandalways

Wattpad: InuyashaxKagomeLover

 

 ONESHOT: Yume, The Dream Panther

The group of friends are sleeping in the middle of the woods near a fire they had made the night before. Kagome is sleeping with Shippo cuddled up in her sleeping bag. Kirara is in her big demon form, curled up around Sango, sleeping with her. Miroku is a good fifteen feet away from Sango, trying not to be tempted into something that may cause him to get slapped for later. InuYasha, as always, is up in a nearby tree, keeping watch over everyone below him, especially the raven haired priestess.

Kagome wakes up with a start. She looks around and sighs. "It was just a dream." She says out loud but only to herself.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha asks from his place in the tree.

She looks up at him and blushes. She didn't realize he was still awake. "Um.. S-sorry. I didn't know you were awake."

Inuyasha jumps down and lands directly in front of her. "You okay? What were you dreaming about?"

She looks away from him, unable to look him in his eyes. "Nothing, Inuyasha."

Before anything else could be said, a voice was heard from the trees. "Dreams. Tricky things. They can reveal ones true desires. True secrets. Feelings." The voice said.

Sango, Miroku and Kirara woke up to the sound of this voice and looked around.

"What was that?" Miroku asked. Kirara's fur spiked up and she growled. Shippo remained asleep.

Kagome stood behind Inuyasha.

"Come out and face me!" Inuyasha yells, holding his Tetsusaiga out in one hand, and his other hand is held out protectively in front of Kagome.

A demon jumped from the trees and landed directly in front of Inuyasha and Kagome. This demon is a woman, but she takes the form of a cat. Specifically, she looks like a black panther but stands on her hind legs like a human. She completly ignores the sword Inuyasha has drawn, and looks into the eyes of Kagome. "You." She says.

"Me?" Kagome points to herself. "What do you want with me?"

"I don't want anything from you. I just want to explain something to this half demon about you." She says with a voice that makes it obvious she has some evil intent.

"Well too bad. I don't care about anything you have to say."

"Really? Because you asked this girl what she had dreamt about. She won't answer you. I know why." She smiles and walks around Kagome very slowly, while looking her up and down.

Kagome is getting nervous now. "Wh-what do you mean? Y-you can't possibly know anything!"

"Kagome? What could be so wrong about a dream being revealed?" Sango asked.

Kagome blushes and shakes her head. "Nothing. It wasn't anything. This demon is lying for her own enjoyment!"

The Panther laughs, "You have one thing correct girl. I am enjoying this, but I am not lying. My name is Yume. I am a dream panther."

"Dream panther? What the hell does that mean!?" Inuyasha is getting impatient.

Sango speaks up. "A dream panther can see into the dreams of anyone it wants. It will know the persons darkest secrets and usually this panther uses it to their own advantage."

Kagome is getting extremely flushed. She backs away and ends up against the tree directly behind her.

"What's wrong girl? .. You know that I know. You can sense that I speak the truth. I have been watching you for some time. I know all of your deepest secrets and desires. I know what you want .. Who you want."

"Shut up!" Kagome yells.

Inuyasha turns and looks at her with confusion in his eyes. 'Who she wants?'

"She is obviously lying. Don't listen to her! Inuyasha, make her leave."

"Yes, Inuyasha. Why don't you do as she says? She does seem to trust you an awful lot." Yume circles the group some more.

Inuyasha growls and yells, "That's enough! Leave or I will kill you!"

Yume fades back into the trees so only her voice is heard, but she is not seen. She chants something unrecognizable and when she's done, Kagome falls to the ground, unconcious.

"Kagome! What the hell did you do to her?!" Inuyasha yells at the panther.

"I only put a spell on her. Don't worry yourself. She is not harmed."

"What kind of spell?" Miroku asks.

Yume laughs. "A dream spell. Now, she will not know what is real, and what is not. She could be dreaming and think it's reality, or she could be awake and act as though it's a dream."

"Why do this? What does this accomplish?" Sango asked.

The panther laughs some more. "You people are so stupid. She doesn't know what is real or what is not. The only thing that will break the curse, is for her to reveal her dreams. When her true desires are revealed, she will awaken from her dream like state .. Good luck .. You may be seeing me again." She pauses for a second before continuing. "Or, you may not." With that, the dream panther was gone.

"Dammit! What the hell could be so important that Kagome would hide it from us?" Inuyasha walks over to the priestess and lifts her head in his hands. She mumbles something in her sleep, "Inu-yasha."

'She's saying my name.' "Kagome?"

Kagome's eyes open slowly and she sees Inuyasha looking down at her. To his surprise, she jumps up and hugs him. "Inuyasha! Wh-what happened?"

"Umm. You sorta passed out. You don't remember?"

She shakes her head. "It's kinda blurry." She looks up into his eyes and starts to zone out.

"K-Kagome?"

She shakes her head and looks around at everyone around her. They are all staring at her with strange looks in their eyes.

"Inu-yasha?"

"What is it? Are you okay?"

"I feel weird." 'What's going on with me? I thought ..' She shakes her head again to get rid of any odd thoughts, and looks back into the amber eyes of the half demon.

"We'll be back later." He says to his friends as he picks Kagome up bridal style and takes her away from the group.

"That was odd." Miroku said.

..

"Inuyasha. What are you doing?"

"We need to talk." Was all he had said.

Once they had made it to a secluded cave far away from anyone else, Inuyasha takes Kagome inside and sits her down. When he looks into her eyes, he notices something different about them.

"K-Kagome. I need you to think hard. Does this feel real to you?"

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Look. A dream panther placed a spell on you. You won't be able to tell if you are awake or dreaming."

Kagome just smiles up at him.

"Are you listening to me woman?"

"Inu-yasha?" She starts to lean in closer to his face. His cheeks turn a bright pink.

"K-Kagome! Wh-what are you doing?"

She snaps out of it and realizes what he said must be true. 'What's happening. Why am I acting like this?' "I-I'm going to go to sleep."

Inuyasha nods his head and decides to keep watch over her the rest of the night.

..

"Inuyasha!" Kagome yells as a giant spider demon is chasing after her.

"Iron Reaver Soul Stealer!" Inuyasha destroys the demon in one swipe of his claws. He picks Kagome up bridal style and takes her somewhere secluded and safe.

'I can't tell what's real or not. What's happening to me?' Kagome thought to herself.

When InuYasha layed her on the ground of a cave, she looked into his amber eyes and forgot all about her previous thoughts. "Inu-Yasha?"

"I'm here Kagome. I'll always protect you."

She jumps up and hugs him tight. When they pull away, she stares into his amber eyes.

'Kagome.' She hears a voice, and it's not Inuyasha's. She looks back over at him and he's frozen in place, unable to move. 'Kagome.' She hears again.

"What do you want!? What's happening?"

'You do not remember speaking to me because of the spell that was placed. My name is Yume. I am a dream panther. I can speak to you in your dreams but I can also speak to you while awake. You will not know if this is a dream or reality until your truths are revealed.'

"Wh-what are you talking about? There's no way this is real. Inuyasha is just sitting there."

Yume laughs and speaks again. 'Anything can happen while under my spell. To him, he could be saying your name, trying to get your attention. To you, you could be hallucinating. Or .. are you dreaming?' She laughs and with that, her voice is gone.

Kagome shakes her head and looks back at InuYasha. He looks worriedly into her eyes. "Kagome? Are you okay? You were zoned out for a minute."

"Uummm, yeah .. I'm fine .. Inuyasha?"

"Yeah?"

"N-nothing." She notices Inuyasha get closer to her and that's when she zones out looking into his amber eyes again. She is about to lean in when -

"Kagome? Kagoommeee."

She wakes up with a start. "Inuyasha?" She looks over at him and remembers everything that the panther told her in her dream .. or for real. She can't seem to tell the difference. She rubs her temples, trying to get rid of the on coming headache.

"Are you okay? Do you remember what happened?"

"Y-Yeah." She looks away from him and blushes.

"Kagome. If you just tell me what you were dreaming about, this will all be over. Why won't you just tell me?"

She looks back at him. "Because .. I just can't.." She starts to get dizzy and the feeling of reality and dreamstate seem to melt together again. When she looks back at InuYasha, she forgets about the conversation they were just having and starts to act differently.

She looks into his eyes and asks a very personal question. "Inuyasha. I learned a little about demon customs. Have you ever thought about a mate?"

This surprised the hanyou. He didn't expect such a question, and if this has anything to do with her dreams, why that specific question? "Ummm, maybe.. Why?"

Before she could answer, she heard a voice. She had forgotten about this voice until now. 'Do you see now? I have come to you on both dream and reality. You can't tell the difference. Look back at the half demon now.' Kagome looks at InuYasha and to her surprise, he isn't moving. Just like in her dream, or not.

"Just stop this!" She yells as she clenches her eyes shut and shakes her head.

"Kagome? What's wrong?"

She looks back up and sees InuYasha staring at her with worried eyes. "N-Nothing. I'm feeling really tired all of a sudden." She lays down to take a much needed nap.

She awakens in the cave, same one as before, unchanged. She sees Inuyasha asleep next to her and wonders if this is really what's happening or not.

'Girl.' She shakes her head, trying to ignore the voice of the dream panther. 'You can't ignore me. As long as you are under my spell, my voice will always reach you.'

"Ughhh, What do you want?!"

'You are constantly in and out of dream and reality due to my spell. My purpose is to reveal secrets, secrets that have only been exposed through dreams. You haven't told anyone of these feelings, but you dream of them every night.'

"So?"

'The only way for this curse to break, is for you to admit your deepest desires that were only shown through your dreams. And you must admit this to the person your dream was based around. But you have to do it in both worlds. Dream world and the real world, since you don't know which is real and which is not.'

Kagome doesn't know what to do. She wants this to end but what about InuYasha? How is she going to tell him the truth?

She looks back over, and notices InuYasha has woken up. "Kagome? Are you alright?"

"Yes." She said as she looked away from him. After a moment, she decides she has to get this over with. Kagome looks back into his amber eyes and asks, "InuYasha, do you still love Kikyo?"

This shocks him. They haven't spoken about Kikyo in a long time and he doesn't know why she is asking this all of a sudden. "Well, I still care for her. I want to avenge her death."

"Th-that didn't answer my question. Answer my question and I'll tell you about the dreams."

He scoots closer to her, looks her in the eyes, and grabs her hands. "I do not love Kikyo like I used to. I .. I only want to avenge her."

"That's all?"

"Yes."

Kagome smiles up at him and without warning, grabs him into a kiss. She doesn't know if this is real or not but she is happy to be sharing this moment with him nonetheless.

When they pull apart, they look deep into the eyes of the other. Kagome starts her explanation. "The truth is .. I've been dreaming about my feelings .. My feelings for you."

His eyes widen at that confession. "What exactly have the dreams been about?"

"Me .. becoming .. your mate. The truth is Inuyasha, I love you."

As soon as she spoke those three very important words, she woke up and looked around again. Now remembering exactly what she needs to do, she spoke immediatly. "InuYasha."

He walks over from his spot by the cave entrance and sits in front of her. "What is it?"

"I .. I don't know if I am truly speaking to you right now. I don't feel like anything is real and at the same time, everything feels real. I already told you the truth in the other world. Whether that was the dream or not, I don't know. But .. But I have to tell you again, now."

He hugs her tight and when he pulls away he says, "you can tell me. It can't be that bad."

She looks him in the eyes and takes a deep breath. "InuYasha. I .. I love you." She pauses to look away for a moment.

InuYasha takes his hand and slowly moves her face to make her look back at him.

"I've been dreaming about you and me .. becoming mates. The dreams won't stop, and now, I can't even tell what is real or what isn't. I'm sorry.."

InuYasha doesn't say anything but he grabs her and pulls her lips in for a fierce kiss.

She is surprised by this, but then everything hit her all at once. The dream like state that was cast on her heart, had vanished. She's kissing the man of her dreams, and it is happening in reality.

They stop kissing to look into each others eyes.

"Stupid." InuYasha said. "I love you too."

They smile at each other.

"Damn you people!" Yume's voice echoed throughout the cave walls. "This was not supposed to bring you closer together!" 'If only I could see into more then one persons dreams at a time.'

InuYasha growls and holds Kagome protectively behind him. "Leave before you regret ever messing with Kagome!"

Yume, the dream panther, hissed and left without another word.

InuYasha and Kagome look back at each other with more joy in their hearts then ever before.

THE END

Authors Notes: How was this OneShot? I think it was a pretty cool idea. If anyone is curious where I had gotten this idea from, one of my favorite shows is Dr Who. The episode called 'Amy's Choice' is about a dream lord. The dream lord made it so Amy, Rory and the doctor would not know which world was a dream or reality. The concept was changed around how I did it, and it written differently. But that is where this idea had come from. Please R&R and thanks for taking an interest in my stories!