Iria: Zeiram The Animation Fan Fiction ❯ It Worked, Didn't It? ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Not mine. Not even Gren. Damn.

A/N: Someone shoot me. This is the result of a combined Trigun, buttery popcorn, and Mellow Yellow high. Yes, you can get high off of anime. Ask anyone who's spent time with me. Great literature this ain't, but at the time I wrote it, it was one of what, three?, Iria fics out there. Respect me. :p

<*>

"I don't see how you can attract so much trouble," Fujikuro groused. "Just once, I'd like to be able to go a week without someone trying to kill you."

Iria glared at him. "No one's making you hang around, and I've certainly made it clear I don't want you here. You can leave anytime."

"Shut up. Bob pays better than anyone, although I don't know where he gets the money," he said absently, glancing out into the main street. "Dammit, this alley smells."

"It smells like your dirty laundry, which you keep leaving at my house." Seeing no police, Iria walked out into the main street, Fujikuro following her.

The two hurried along, trying not to attract attention. The Kreper was parked a good distance past the edge of town. "Let's just get out of here, and we can come back sometime when they don't have every cop in the city looking for me."

"Shit!" At the mention of cops, Fujikuro spotted one a block away, heading towards them. "We gotta hide," he stated, looking for an alley to duck into. The nearest one would only bring them closer to the cop.

"Back the way we came," Iria said, and started back.

"Wait, there's no time." Fujikuro grabbed her shoulder. Iria was just about to let loose a biting comment about his lack of ideas, when he kissed her. He shoved her back against the wall, his body effectively hiding her from the cop.

If they'd been able to see the cop, they would have seen a mixture of amusement and revulsion flit across his face at this blatant display of public affection. Dismissing the couple, the middle-aged officer walked on, scanning the streets for someone to fit the description he'd been given of the tough-as-nails bounty hunter Iria.

Shortly after he was past, Iria shoved Fujikuro away, hard enough to send him staggering back. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" she spat out.

Righting himself, he said "What? He didn't see you, did he?"

"For crying out loud! That was just vile!" Shooting him another icy glare, she wiped the back of her hand across her mouth, then stalked off.

He watched her go for a minute, then hurried to catch up. For several blocks, they walked in silence, Iria wanting only to get home and brush her teeth a half dozen times. The silence stretched on, until finally Iria felt compelled to break it. "And wipe that smirk off your face!"