Jem Fan Fiction ❯ "Ulimate Holograms" ❯ "Last Resorts" ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]


Ultimate Holograms
Part 18 - “A Snow Bank Race”
 
The Rockin' Roadster roll on a ice path though the mountains of northern California. Inside were the Hologram, in the back side were Shana, Raya and Aja, while in the front were Gram, Kimberly, and Jem. Only the Holograms knew that Gram was really Rio Penecho and Jem was really Jerrica Benton.
 
Kimberly said, “Now this is a idea vacation.”
 
Shana said, “We didn't argue with the idea of talking a vacation.”
 
Kimberly points to her disguised sister and remarked, “I meant her. She never wants to have any fun.”
 
Jem replied, “I thought we need some more practice on that new number. That's all.”
 
Kimberly remarked, “Forget practicing. I want to focus on some hunky skier.”
 
Raya pipped up, “This remind of a Gem book.”
 
Jem asked, “The one where Gem find a gold mine despite cheating in a ski race from the Nightmares? I got that feeling too, but I can't place my finger on it. ”

Raya nodded.
 
=J=

As Jem entered, he heard the owner remarked, “I GET YOU THE MONEY BY THE END OF THE WEAK!” and slammed down a phone. Jem said, “Mr. Franklin. All you all right. Sounds like you being extorted.”
 
Mr. Franklin replied, “Well, I am.”
 
Kimberly asked, “By the mob?”
 
Mr. Franklin remarked, “No. My banker. If I don't pay him my mortgage payment by the end of the week. Unfortunately, it's all perfect legally.”
 
Kimberly remarked, “That's terrible.”
 
Mr. Franklin replied, “It should consider you ladies. I figure out a way to solve it.”
 
Jem wrote the following in the visitor's check-in book: “Jem and the Holograms” in a neat writing. Mr. Franklin stated, “Jem and the Holograms, you must be Howard Sands' friends. He decide to help me out by sending some business.”
 
Aja remarked, “Looks like you need it. There is nobody here.”
 
Mr. Franklin remarked, “Business has been bad since that new resort open below me. Honest rivals I can handle, but they been some odd break down after another. The few loyal skiers I have are out on the slopes when you pretty women should be right now.”
 
=J=
 
On the top of slopes, Aja remarked as she moved, “We are on top of world. This is the peace and quiet wonderful.”

Just as Aja finished her line, she was hit by a snow ball. Jem and the Holograms turn to see their rivals,”The Misfits” on snow mobiles. Pizzazz remarked, “Look who's here. Ms. Pink Hair and the Sing-Along.” The other Misfits were
 
A Misfits son played from Clash's boombox.
 
=SONG BREAK=
 
You Gotta Be Fast
By “The Misfits”
 
In this world there's one thing you need
You gotta be fast, you gotta be fast
If you wanna play a lead,
You gotta be fast, you gotta be fast, you gotta be fast
The world belongs to the major movers
The ones who keep up a relentless pace
If you aren't up to their fast maneuvers
You're gonna wind up in second place
You're gonna wind up with egg on your face
All the prizes go to the swift
You gotta be fast, you gotta be fast
Baby, baby are you gettin' my drift
You gotta be fast, you gotta be fast, you gotta be fast
Slow and steady don't win no races
Slow and steady comes in last
If you want to come up aces
Baby, baby, you gotta be fast
And baby, you're comin' in last
You gotta be fast, you gotta be fast, you gotta be fast
You gotta be fast, you gotta be fast, you gotta be fast
You gotta be fast
 
=SONG BREAK=
 
Jem remarked, “Franklin has a enough on this hands, with out these troublemakers soiling the slopes.”
 
It was kind of a odd chase. But some how like Gem in that book, I somehow lost my band mates and end up in the middle of a odd snow fight by the Misfits were the target was me.
 
A French-Canadian voiced remarked, “Four against one seems a bit unfair.”
 
Pizzazz remarked, “We done enough for now. Let's get.”
 
The French-Canadian stated, “Let me help you up, Miss.” After helping me up and brushing off some snow of my ski outfit. I was glad that I had a solid hologram of Jem instead of Gem's light holograms.
 
I asked, “Thanks you, Mr.”
 
The French-Canadian remarked, “Sven. I work here. I'm a best ski instructor.”
 
After thanking Sven, I decide to ski down to the lodge and see what's up with Rio.
 
=J=
 
Rio has set up a practice area in Mr. Franklin's old house underneath the lodge. We practice our latest number, “Love Is Here” for a few hours when Annabelle Pacheco, Rio's sister show up. She dragged in a injured Sven.
 
Rio asked, “Did Pizzazz break you leg?”
 
Sven remarked, “No, a part of the ski lift fail on me while I was passing by. Annabelle helps me out.”
 
Mr. Franklin remarked, “Oh, no. That loud limo got to the owner of the resort below. He's been looking at me like Mr. Green from that Scooby-Doo episode.”
 
With the expect of Annabelle and Mr. Franklin, we all brace for the unknown. I was flooded as who waltz in the room: Eric Raymond. The CEO of Misfit Music.
 
Eric was looking like the cat that got away with eating both the mouse and canary. I asked, “When did you become skiing lover?”

Eric remarked, “I love anything that turn a profit.”
 
I asked,, “Then why didn't you back me when I we cleaned the Misfits clock at your rigged bank?”
 
Eric said, “Because it remind me of a failure back in grade school. I tried to convinced Emmett Benton to get a rock and roll band for a school party in hopes that he lose the student council education. But somehow Emmett Benton got a pink-hair rock star. I wonder what's up with Benton and pink-hair rock stars — something fishy in Denmark, and it's not me - but I can't place my finger on it.”
 
=R=

After Eric left, I went to my room with Aja and Raya. I asked them to summon the events as they happen in the Gem book. They listed to the events as the following:
 
Dream Limo travel to a ski lodge. Inda mention that Gem doesn't want to anything fun and the remark about more practice on a new number.
Meet up with the owner who under banker's extorting. Reveal to a friend of Sandy Howards.
The Beamers get harassed by their rivals, “The Nightmares”
Gem is save from the “Nightmares” by a ski instructor. Tim, Georgina Tenton's boyfriend and Gem's roadie isn't happy.
The Beamers decide on doing a concert at the end of the week. Meet the owner of the resort below: their rival's manager, Kathy Key.
Gem has a close call on a ski lift. Tim tries to save her but is beaten by the ski instructor.
Gem and Beamers go straight to Kathy Key and dare her have a race between the Beamers and the Misfits.
The Misfits win the race by cheating. Torando damages one of Gem's earrings.
The Beamers collect themselves and meet Tim. Tim goes hunting for Gem.
Despite a close call with a bear, Gem and Tim discover a lobe of sliver. Gem make Tim think that seeing Georgina is part of the “excitement”.
The ski instructor finds crooks hired by the banker which upset both the banker and Kathy Key.
Gem and Beamers do the concert.
 
 
Using our logical heads, you decide that we at 6. We decide to offer the concert to make the people. Meanwhile, we decide to confront Eric Raymond.
 
=E=
 
The corrupt banker remarked, “I believe Sven is the reason that Franklin is still in business. But this Jem and the Holograms concert could give him a least enough money to pay me off. And he's planning on switching to Carol Sands after he gets out the mortgage.”
 
I asked, “Howard Sand's sister, Steve Shark?”
 
Steve Shark nodded, “Yes. That's why I raised his mortgage when I heard him talking with Howard Sand about changing bankers.”
 
Stormer rushes, “Jem and the Holograms are heard. Pizzazz and the others are heading off to grab them . I told them to bring them to you.”

Steve Shark replied, “I'm out of here. I can't be see here.”
 
Shark rushes out the side door and I waited for the Misfits to bring the Holograms. Pizzazz was holding Jem. Roxy was holding Raya and Shana. Jetta was getting her hair mess-up by Kimber.

I said, “Let them go.”
 
Jetta pushed Kimber down by her own hair. Roxy just lift her hands, Raya and Shana. Pizzazz took off Jem's earrings and place them in her pant's pocket. Nothing happen to Jem. Stormer had started to annoyed me and the other member of her band, “The Misfits”, that Jem was a hologram over Jerrica Benton.
 
Pizzazz remarked with a grin at Stormer, “You just lost your own bet, Stormer.”
 
Stormer said, “We hold off on Jem's identity for now.”
 
Just after that: Gram, Sven, and Richard Franklin show up. We got in argument. The argument was pleasing the Misfits, but not Jem.

Jem stated, “Remember the risk that Jerrica did with me.”
 
I replied with a groan, “Vividly. She risked her half of Starlight Music against mine in a six month music battle between my band and her band. I still can't believe I lost.”
 
Mr. Franklin remarked, “I get the picture. We do the same thing with our resorts but with a ski race.”

After agreeing to it, and making it Saturday. I turned to Stormer and asked her to spill any information on Gem's “Last Resort” book. Stormer explained everything to me. Using logical, we figure out that we just finish point 7 on a list of events.
 
Stormer summarizing our problem, “If we cheat, the Holograms we know that were following the Gem book. But if we don't cheat, we lose a race.”

Four almost copy of the Misfits show up. I recalled that I hired a new group of crooks. They wearing clothing. “What's news, Eric?”
 
I just got a brainstorm. “Can you ski?”
 
All four female crooks nodded.
=J=
 
Jem and the Hologram wait for the start of the race. The Misfits arrived. All four members were there, Pizzazz, Roxy, Stormer and Roxy.

Pizzazz said, “I can't wait to make you eat my ski's snowballs.”
 
Kimber asked, “Clash was with you earlier.”
 
Stormer answered, “She's waiting for us to finish at the finish line.”

The race was pretty race. The Misfits were fast — doing tricks that only pro skiers would have done. I got a feeling with dealing with fakes - but they were mostly like the Misfits. Only one Misfits hanged back - and hit me right in Jem Star Earrings on my right ear. Then Roxy took off like rocket.
 
I was so dizzy that I accidentally ski into a cave. At that point, a heavy wind removed my left ear's Jem Star Earrings, and I become Jerrica Benton. I touched the right ear's Jem Earrings and said, “Showtime, Synergy”, but I didn't become Jem again. I took off my right Jem Star Earrings and look at it. It was damaged by Roxy.

Just then a bear show up. I hide himself beside myself. Just a few seconds later, Rio show up. He slide his golden watch to me. It contains one of Synergy's mini-projectors just like the Jem Star Earrings, I said, “Hello, Synergy. It's Showtime!” Instead of Jem, I become a giant bear scaring the bear. Then I become Jem again complete with my Jem Star Earrings. Rio picked up my Jem Star earrings, “When we get home, I have Synergy repair that damage one. For now. I pocket these. By the way, the Misfits won the race.”
 

I was about to answer when we discover a vain of sliver which was reveal as the bear was.
 
=R=
 
After collecting some of the sliver, we head back to the lodge. We heard Eric remarked, “Look like cat drag in. You just in time for the Misfits concert.”
 
Kimber remarked,“You are a creep.”
 
Eric ask, “I thought you believe in losing graceful.”
 
Franklin answered, “If I didn't, I be socking you right now!”
 
Steve Shark, a infamous crooked banker, remarked, “They is saying in the bank business: Loser sweeper.”
 
We entered as Jem said, “You forget the best part: Finder Keepers. With all of sliver will found, Franklin call pay off his mortgage.”
 
Steve yelled, “They find out about the Lost Sliver Mine!”
 
Franklin replied, “You were in with my rival!”
 
Eric said, “I doesn't matter. I won the bet with ease.”

Kimber said, “You used fake Misfits that ski better then the real deal. And if the Misfits were a really skiing in the race, they would have harassing us.”

Eric said, “You need proof. It's your word against my and Misfits.”

Sven enters with four possible real member of our rival members, “I find these girls hanging out in garage here and brought them for a grilling.”

Eric yelled, “Misfits! Front and center for a payday.”
 
Four more possible real member of our rival members. Kimber tried the old “I'm Pizzazz line.” Both Pizzazz laughed at Kimber. I got a idea. “Ok. Pizzazz #1 and Pizzazz #2, Jerrica Benton got annoyed by one of your songs. Which one was it?”
 
Pizzazz #1 said, “I had no idea what you talking about, Jem.”.”

Pizzazz #2 replied, “That's easy. “Outta of My Way”. Talk about a insulting action with no action.”
 
Ok, Pizzazz #2 was real deal. “Ok, Pizzazz #2 is the real deal. Do you ski is afternoon?”

Pizzazz #2 remarked, “No. Me and my band was practicing a new song.”
 
Stormer #1 remarked, “We tossed. My real name is Tonya Arctic. We are a group of skiers hired by Eric to advertising his resort once he got enough sliver in this mountain in the bank account. Eric had me and my friends disguised the Misfits for the race. He told the real Misfits to practicing in somewhere out of sight. I guess that means Jem and the Holograms are the real winner.”
 
Steve Shark said as he run off, “I know when I get jailed.”
 
Eric Raymond stated, “Not again. I lost my resort to a friend of Jem! I get you and you manager too, one of these days.”
 
I replied, “Keep dreaming.”
 
The time of concert come. We start with our new song, “Love Is Here”
 
=SONG BREAK=
 
“Love is Here”
By Jem and the Holograms
 
Oh whoa
There's music in the mountains tonight
Up above a crescent moon is gleaming bright
Can't recall ever feeling so right
Whoa, love is here where you are
Wish upon a star
And the one you're dreaming of is certain to appear
Love is here
There's magic in the touch of your hand
In your eyes I see a look I understand
Could it be this is what they had planned?
Whoa, love is here where you are
Wish upon a star
And the one you're dreaming of is certain to appear
Love is here
 
 
 
=SONG BREAK=
 
After the concerts, we drive back to Starlight Mansion in Los Angeles. Synergy repaired by damaged Jem Star Earrings. I give back Rio the golden watch he uses to turn Gem. And I started to sneeze. Looks like I need to take some time off from music screen in both of identity is his cold goes away.
 
=THE END OF VOL. #1=
 
This is the end of Vol. #1. I need a excuse for Jem to be missing. The idea of catching a cold was a good idea. This episode is based on “Last Resorts.”
 
Vol #2 will start with a familiar episode of Jem. Though they won't be much problems with Rio like they were in the real series.
 
Logging off,
Dr. Thinker