Jem Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Rocket Star to the Moon ❯ Rocket-Star ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
Another thirty minutes before we would be landing, but things were really getting dire. “Rocket…Star… to Earth.” I groaned. “Our oxygen is very low. I…I have just… opened the last emergency cylinder, but I don't know how much longer we can hold out.”
 
Aja, Shana, and Raya had all passed out, and the rest of the team didn't look so good either. It was really hard to breathe, and it was getting very hot.
 
 
Adriana was twiddling her fingers nervously…
 
“Don't worry, Mykan. You'll be landing in about another half hour.” said the instructor. “Just hang in there. You're going to be okay.”
 
 
I found it rather difficult to believe them as Jerrica faded off to sleep, and Rio followed her. “Uhn…” Kimber and I were the only ones left awake, and just barely. In fact, Kimber was coughing softly and slowly slipping onto her bed. “Can't… bre…athe…!” she groaned so softly I could barley hear her.
 
Suddenly I realized that I had to get up to the command deck. The Rocket course needed to be changed to auto-landing sequence. We were already heading towards the Earth's atmosphere, and if the auto-landing was not activated… we would most likely crash instead of land.
 
“Gotta'… get to the… controls.” I groaned as I climbed up the ladder. Kimber slowly climbed down from her bed, “I'll… help… you…!”
 
We both moved as if we were set in slow-motion, and it was getting very hard to see. We managed to get onto the command deck, but, “Ohh…!” Kimber passed out behind me.
 
“K-i-i-im… ber…!” then I fainted down beside her.
 
The rocket started shaking as it entered the atmosphere, but the auto-landing sequence still hadn't been activated, and the warning alarm buzzed, but Kimber and I were out like lights.
 
“Earth, calling Rocket-Star.” The radio shouted, “Rocket-Star come in. You must engage the auto-landing.”
 
“Rocket-Star! Please answer me!”
 
 
There was no reply. “They must've all passed out.”
 
“Oh, my…!” Adriana exclaimed. “IF they don't engage the auto-landing they'll crash. Isn't there something we can do?”
 
The men decided that the best thing to do was give us a blast of the sonic-sound whine. “Let's hope this works.” and the man tapped button.
 
 
The sound of that high-pitch was really irritable. Kimber and I woke up holding our ears. “AAH…!”
 
“What's that?”
 
Then I remembered, “Oh! The Auto-landing sequence. Kimber, help me!”
 
“Right…”
 
 
A few moments had passed, “Come on, Mykan!” Adriana peeped, as a tear of worry rolled down her cheek.
 
“Rocket-star to Earth.” I called, “Please, turn that noise off!”
 
The people began to cheer. The team was still alive, just barley, and now the auto-pilot was activated. It would only be another fifteen minutes before landing… that is… if we could hold out.
 
 
…Because Kimber and I had passed out again, and this time… we couldn't get back up. We had it! Our oxygen supply was almost completely empty. If we weren't down within the next while… we'd be finished; ALL OF US!
 
 
Adriana and her team immediately departed for the landing site, and pretty soon. “There they are…!” one of the men called while pointing at the sky.
 
The rocket was coming in for a smooth landing, and a team of men with powerful cutter-saws were ready. There were people dying in there, and it was quicker to just cut them out.
 
The rocket touched down, and the men worked hard once the towers were set up, setting their ways through the titanium, and finding us all unconscious inside. “Get these people to the sick-bay! Adriana ordered.
 
 
A while later, I felt my eyes beginning to open, and I felt myself slowly catching my breath again. “Ohh…! Uhh…! Where… am I?”
 
“Mykan…?” said a voice to me. “Mykan. Wake up…!”
 
My vision began to clear up. “Adriana…? Where am I?”
 
My Fiancée smiled down upon me and told me that everything was okay. “You made it.” she bent down and pressed her lips gently against mine. When she broke away form me, I turned my head over and gazed at the rest of the crew. They were all in beds beside mine and beginning to awake and sit up right.
 
“Ohh! My head.” groaned Rio.
 
“What happened…?” added Jerrica.
 
It wasn't long before everyone was sitting upright, and we all realized what happened. “We did it!” cried Kimber, “We made it back to Earth.”
 
Indeed, according to the newscast on the TV, we made history. The very first rock-concert on The Moon, performed by Mykan Rockman, and Jem and the Holograms. However, the journey always cost us our lives, and took the lives of both Otto, and Steve.
 
“Speaking of which…!” Shana snapped. “Where's that Eric!”
 
“Yeah…! I'd like to send him to The Moon, with a one-way ticket.” snapped Aja.
 
Adriana assured us to calm down. The moment it was heard about Eric attempting to sabotage everything and kill Jem and Mykan… not to mention violation his life long band from being allowed in the country of Morvania again…
 
He was found, caught, arrested, and sentenced to twenty years in a state penitentiary. Exactly what he deserved for endangering us, and forcing Steve to jump the rocket.
 
 
The next day, there was a big celebration for us all to celebrate our success. A big Parade with a huge float made especially for us rock-stars, and driven by Rio at the front. The other four members of Jem stood on the base of the float in their spacesuits waving to the crowd… while Jerrica and I, as the first rock-stars on The Moon, we got to stand tall and proud on the moon part of the float where everyone could see us.
 
The crowd went wild, Jerrica and I gaze at each other, and decided we should give everyone the song that we both came up with. “LET'S ROCKET---”
 
“Showtime, Synergy!”
 
We transformed and began to sing…
 
(MYKAN ROCKMAN, and JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS)
 
“Rocket-Star!” STARLIGHT RECORDS
 
(Mykan)
 
I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To go there is my real test
To get there is my cause
(oooh)
 
(Jem)
 
I will travel across most anywhere
Searchin' far and wide
Each
girl and guy will understand
The power that's inside!
 
(Gotta get there now!)
 
(Everyone)
 
ROCKET-STAR! (It's you and me)
I know its my destiny
ROCKET-STAR!
Oh, you're my
best friend
In a
time form start to end
ROCKET STAR!
Gotta get there now (A heart so true)
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
ROCK-ET-STAR---
Gotta
get there…
Gotta
get there now…!
 
(Mykan)

Every challenge along the way
With courage I enface
I will
struggle hard each day
To claim my rightful place
 
(Jem)

Come with me the time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm we'll
share the light
It's always been our
dream

(Everyone)
 
ROCKET-STAR! (It's you and me)
I know its my destiny
ROCKET-STAR!
Oh, you're my
best friend
In a
time form start to end
ROCKET STAR!
Gotta get there now (A heart so true)
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
ROCK-ET-STAR---
Gotta
get there…
Gotta
get there now…!
 
ROCKET-STAR!
 
The crowd never stopped cheering, and the Holograms and I shared the biggest group hug of them all.
 
 
A few days later, the girls and Rio had to go home to America, it was almost painful to say our goodbyes, and after we had such a grand adventure, and thought that perhaps one day we'd return to The Moon, and probably pick-up all the equipment that we were forced to leave behind…
 
Still, from that day on, we promised to stay in constant contact by video-phone, and as a extra present, I gave the girls that special thing I had been saving… a rock in the shape of a heart that I had found on The Moon.
 
On it, I had carved, “To my newfound foster sisters. I love you all that much. XXX: Mykan.”
 
I also included a double picture of me; with both myself, and the Mega Rock-Man. The girls promised to treasure it always, for they loved me as much as I loved them.
 
 
As for Eric…
 
He worked his fingers to the bone in jail, until the Misfits snuck him out. Eric was furious, and outraged, but he swore that one day. “I'll get you for this Jem! I'll get you for this, Mykan! I'LL GET YOU…!”