Jem Fan Fiction ❯ The Costume Caper ❯ The Costume Caper ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
“The Costume Caper”
A Modernized “Jem” Fiction
Based on: “In Stitches”
Chapter 1 - Chapter 4
By Dr. Thinker

--------Chapter 1: Ashley

I am Ashley Light. My real last name is so long -even Jerrica Benton has a laughing or coughing fit while trying to say it. Terri Banshee–ironic, since her last name is a type of ghoul and she is scare of anything that goes bump in the night–give me the fictional last name because I am one of Starlight Girls. School is cool–even if the Misfits did not give a hoot about learning, they do not mind it--and kept their heads in the middle of the sea of nerds and jerks. Back when I was a fan of the Misfits, I kept much of what Pizzazz, Roxy and Stormer give in my locker there.

I am good with three subjects: one is writing–mostly fiction. According to the legendry writer, Marian G. Tanoan, “Fiction is just a bunch of lie string together to please people.” I believe that. I been known to tell a tall tale, but I learn by lesson thanks to both Holograms–directly-- and the Misfits--indirectly. The second is art–mostly dealing with drawing pictures. Stormer liked the picture I draw of them dumping trash on the Holograms–while Roxy and Pizzazz insulted by drawing. The third is science and that why I had been smiling away the way from school. We been doing some stuff about planets–even Pluto. I cure–if I was the President of the United States–I had Pluto’s planet status restored. As a surprise, a midget-size astronaut appeared. He brought his old spacesuit with him. His last mission was in 1980s back. Since him was in a good mood, he asked a question. The question, “The Russians sent the first animal into a space. Its’ name was Lakita. What kind of animal was it?”

No one wanted to take a dig at it–expect for one person: me! I answered the question with two words: “A dog.” The astronaut had given me his suit for the correct answer.

Chapter 2: Shana.

I am Shana Elmford, a member of the Holograms: Jem’s backup group. Ashley was in a good mood today. Must be have got pass her latest science quiz. Her science teacher–in Ashley’s own word is “more rotten then Pizzazz and Roxy put together.”

It was around 6:00 PM, when Ashley entered my drawing studio on the second floor of the Starlight Mansion.
She stated, “Can you teach me to draw clothes and stuff?”

I replied, “Yes, if you are willing to learn. First draw a stick figure and use color marker to hang the clothes on them.”

Another, Starlight Girl, Becky entered the room, “Hey, Lin-Z’s show is on!”

I rushed out of the room into the TV Room. The music rumors had been flooded the city about an Italian designer holding a costume-with the winners appearing in a rock fashion video. They had been a lot of bands sing up for it–but he has not yet to pick the American band. I saw Lin-Z on the TV stated–next to her was her STAGE video monitor that allows the STAGE people to use clips and photos.

Lin-Z stated, “Vinartia Vience is holding a Rock Fashion contest. It will take place in Vience, Italy at his own fashion salon. The winner will appear in a Rock Fashion video done by his friend, Howard Sand. Bands from Japan, Africa, Australia, England, Brazil and China had been singed–but he has yet to pick his American choices yet–but rumors are flooding this music world: The Limp Lizards? The Misfits? And of course, Jem and the Holograms?”
She paused and then continued with the following, “He has come to my show to reveal his American winner.”

The camera moved back a bit to show a couch next to Lin-Z. An Italian male dress in a gray suit was setting on it. Vinartia stated, “It took me a long time to discover my winner. The music science fashions are very fantastic. It could only nail it down to two bands: “The Misfits” & “Jem and the Holograms”. So, I’m inviting them both to the city that
I got my last name from.”

Chapter 3: Roxy

I am very angry. The name is Roxy. I am part of the Misfits along with Stormer and Pizzazz. Even since Jem and the Holograms had beaten us at the second “Battle of the Bands”, I had been very annoyed by them.

Pizzazz–a.k.a “Phyllis Gabor”–was very ticked off as well as I was as she asked in very loud voice, “How can they tie with me when we have a professional designer?” She paused for a moment before yelling a person, “Shana is just an amateur designer!

I stated, “An amateur can be rough up unlike a professional.”

Stormer--a.k.a. “Mary Phillips”–stated one word: “So?”

Pizzazz stated, “Let’s go it.”

Stormer asked, “Can we do it after the last bit of the show?”

I did a groan. The last thing Lin-Z is annoying me. It was her singing out thoughts for the day. I turned to TV to discover that Lin-Z was back. Lin-Z stated,”One last thought before I sign off today. Shana is the only performer designer in any of the group. Can she compete with the pros working for other bands?”

Well, it was easy to find Starlight Mansion’s phone number and we were able to get Shana on the phone very quick. Shana stated, “Starlight Mansion, Shana speaking…”

I stated, “Just the dummy I was looking for.”
Shana growled, “Roxy, what have you call us!”

I replied, “We have the Bobby Sox as our designer.”
Shana laughed, “That’s great.”

I stated, “Thanks. I’m just trying to say your band so money on ticket to Italy.”

Shana asked, “Trying to scare me out of the contest?”

I lied, “Nope. You are nothing….”

Pizzazz added, “But a potato sack seamstress for a group of orphan girls.”

Stormer stated, “You are a way out class.”

Shana stated, “You guys just hit a new low. You are wasting my time!”

Chapter 4: Jerrica/Jem

I am Jerrica Benton, owner of “Starlight Music” & “Starlight Foundation”. Do not tell anyone, but I have a secret: With the help of one of Synergy’s illusions, I become Jem, the mysterious pink-hair lead singer of “Jem and the Hologram.”

We had just put the Starlight Girls to bed. We discovered that someone gotten annoyed by a call. I know who was annoyed–Shana, one of my sisters and one of Jem’s band-mates. As we (Kimber, Aja and me) pasted her drawing room, Shana asked herself, “Why did I let Roxy get to me?”

Roxy is a member of a nasty girl band known as “The Misfits”. With Stormer and Pizzazz, they cause a lot of pranks and problems for us. They can really tick off when “Jem and the Holograms” are in the news.

Shana stated, “I’m doomed.”
Aja stated, “Don’t take it so hard.”

Shana remarked, “Easy for you to say. You are not the one that going to be judge. I don’t think I’m cut out to beat Bobby Sox.”

I asked, “Who is this negative person that replaced Shana?”

Shana replied, “I’m scare.”

Kimber turned her head to me. We just worked on a fished a new song that day–something that might help Shana recovered. I touched my Jem Star earrings and stated, “Its’ Show Time, Synergy” to become Jem.

-SONG BREAK–

“IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE MOOD I’M IN”
JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS

(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in!)(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in!)
I can be whoever I want to, Anyone at all I can strut, when I want to strut, Or hide behind a parasol!
It all depends on the mood I'm wearin' It all depends on the mood I'm in (mood I'm in) I can be beautiful, or truly outrageous,It all depends on the mood I'm in!(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in)(Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in)
Off I go in search of adventure (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in),Anytime I chose (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in),I wear heels, if that's how it feels (Ooh, Ooh, mood I'm in),Or else I wear my blue suede shoes!
It all depends on the mood I'm wearin', It all depends on the mood I'm in (mood I'm in) I can be beautiful, or truly outrageous It all depends on the mood I'm in (Ooh, Ooh, Mood I'm in)
It all depends(On the mood I'm in!)

-SONG BREAK OVER-

Shana looked over her designs. Shana was back to normal–but we had known not heard the last from “The Misfits.” I called Jo Anna at the Starlight Music to tell that people that Jerrica is in New York, while Jem is in Vience. The flight was decent expect for one thing--I discovered that static electric effects Synergy’s illusions. We walked to the river near the airport. At that river, we discovered two gondolas operations stating one. One was dressed in a red uniform while the other was in a white T-shirt and blue jeans. Two black gondolas were near-by.

I stated, “We are friends of Countess Danielle. We will be staying with her during our stay in Vience.”

The red uniform person stated, “She’s been expecting you. These two gondolas will you and your follow singers to her Vience headquarters.”
The white uniform person stated, “You handle the chicks, I take care of the luggage.”

The red uniform stated, “Grazie.”
Shana stated, “If you don’t mind, I’m ride with the trunk.”

After that, things went super-fast. The white uniform person took the design holder on hop in a vaporetti–a waterbus--driven by three familiar figures–the Misfits. We find Shana yelling, “I’m going to RIP out their bones and stuff them into their mouths!”

Kimber remarked, “Stop like a Misfit, Shana.”
Shana stated, “You would act like a Misfit if Zipper stolen your designs from you.”

Zipper is a blonde hair henchman of Eric Raymond. He usually dresses in a leather jacket, white T-shirt, and blue jeans. We headed to the Countess Vience HQ, and we got refreshed before we enter her work area.

Danielle asked, “Can you work here?”

Shana stated, “Yes, but my design were stolen.”

Danielle remarked, “People can do cruel things. You will not let them stop you.”
The red gondola operator entered the room with our trunk.
Kimber stated, “We got our trunk back.”

Shana stated, “We can’t on stage with just our shoes and jewelry.”

As he made it thump on the floor, we heard a female voice stated, “Hey, it say handle with care on the top, dummy!”

Shana open up–and we saw a person in a spacesuit. The person got out of the trunk and revealed to be Ashley, one of my Starlight Girls.

Holograms and I stated in union, “ASHLEY!”
Ashley stated, “Did you like my designs?”

Shana asked, “What do you mean?”

Ashley replied, “I switch the design holders.”

Shana asked, “Where is the other design holder?”

Ashley replied, “In the truck. I known you need them to make the costume.”

Kimber summed things up, “They stole Ashley designs.”
Ashley remarked, “I know they were good.”