Juvenile Orion Fan Fiction ❯ Dawn ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dawn
Neechi
(( Juvenile Orion ))
Disclaimer: Not mine! The books say they belong to BROCCOLI and Marekatsu Nakai and Sakurako Gokurakuin... but that's only the artist, methinks. Dies
Warnings: Shonen-ai; yaoi' m/m slash; f/f slash (Shoujo-ai; Yuri). Yay. Get the gist of it yet? Don't like it, don't read it. Unless, of course, you're being open-minded. I don't know why you'd want to read this if you're being open minded... I'd imagine you'd rather want something else, yeah? Anywho. I really, really hope you're reading this rant- it's not that long. Besides, if you don't like slash and you're ignoring this, then that makes you a froth, I suppose? Not one to read the directions before starting the test?
Author's Note: That was basically the warning, but I'll just say that Juvenile Orion is sooooo cute! Go! Go! Go! Alternate Universe, by the way. I don't use very many Japanese words because it just doesn't sound right after a while. Sometimes I will, sometimes I won't. You'll see.
----------
Summary: Destiny. Fate. Heaven. Hell. With the shadows of time whispering in their ears and the hope of heaven kissing their hearts, they'll find everything they've been looking for. And maybe... maybe something more. ( Juvenile Orion )
---------
"Murderer!"
"Go away!"
"We don't want your kind here!"
"Freak!"
"You're a pest!"
“Go die!”
Words. Words, echoing in her mind. Haunting. Surrounding her, unable to escape from anything. From the darkness that she embraces as it crushes her soul into nothing. Her unemotional box of jumbled mess.
"Master..." Someone strong. Someone to hold on to. Someone to let in. To let past the mask that doesn't really exist.
Her small, frail body, starving from the lack of diet, stretched its long, thin, frail and chalk white arms up and around his neck, bringing him down close to her body. Tears that were imagined streamed down her cheeks, and she listened to the world from the safety of her soldier's arms.
"She's so innocent." Was that her voice? Was Master's voice like that? Theyhated that voice. "So pretty." Look up into his strong, handsome face. "I want her."
"Master," he nodded, and the other four agreed. They could do no more than agree, to their Master's wish. To their Master's will.
"So innocent..." Jealousy. Rising up, ready to strike at her throat and destroy her. So she would destroy it, first. Smothering the feeling with her emotion of nothing, Master cradled herself closer to her Soldier, to her Kuga.
But why would Master want something so innocent? Because this Innocent is the most innocent of them all. She's so wanted. Everyone loves her. But she's not like the others, the others that know what they are. She's not a Princess yet. She's just special. She's the rose obscured by thorns and leaves, guarding her from the dirtiness outside.
She's perfect.
She could be Master's friend. She could understandMaster.
But in order to obtain that rose, Master has to clean away the dirt that surrounds her. A simple task... so long as her Soldiers do not fail her. She could feel them, there with her. In her heart, she could feel Kuga's as the closest... and the other four surrounding her at an equal distance. Always within reach.
She could be Master's friend.
---!---
Rain. Falling. Always falling, it seemed. Even though it had started again merely that early morning.
'Naoya.'
The mud slopped up to his calves, his arms wrapped around his body as he slumped over, shielding what he could from the rain and harsh wind. Suddenly, he heard the sounds of wheels rolling through the mush, of hooves sloshing and stomping through them, and the creaking of the framework.
He looked up. Dusty blonde hair matted to his face, dark brown eyes that changed to gold in the sunlight meeting dark, midnight black. He stopped walking, while the band of travelers- gypsies, no doubt, kept moving. The midnight black belonged to a rain-soaked boy with equally dark hair... who carried a wooden pole of some sort in one hand while he walked with the leading cart. They were within arms reach, now. The boy stopped, tapped the side of the wagon several times.
"Kaname?" an old woman poked her head out, a thick blanket covering her head. The walking midnight nodded once towards Naoya, and the woman looked at him. "He's freezing."
Well, duh.
"We're not too far, now. Hop in, boy. You'll pay us later."
With what?
---!---
Sunlight streamed down from the sky, filtering through the sepia branches leaves and caressing the young girl napping on the grass beneath it. From another point of view, one would see her curled up against the base of the tree. Its branches rose up to arch over her, a protective bubble, and leaves angling themselves perfectly to shield her sensitive skin from the sun's UV rays. It was as if the tree had just been waiting for the opportunity to arch over her. To protect her during the day as she rested her body and mind.
Her name was Mana. Mana Kirihara, and she didn't know she was a Mind Breaker.
Mind Breaker's were; to say the least, dangerous. But if you found yours; the one you were compatible with- the one Destiny had chosen just for you; your Mind Breaker was wonderful and a Heaven on Earth. He, or she, was your Master. 'Master' knew what you were feeling, what you were thinking.
Master knew you.
Wind blew past the girl, rising up a hill and then falling back down into the village below it. A woman who hid her pain from the world unsuccessfully scrambled up the slope, a basket of treats in her arms and a blanket slung over her shoulder. Beneath her calm exterior, she awaited the final Fate of her day, and her sister waited with her. Watched. Waited. Ever so patient. What does Destiny want with me?
"Mana!" the woman cried, plastering a cheerful smile onto her face, "Mana! Wake up, sweetheart. Naptime's over."
"Mm?" Slowly, Mana opened her eyes and tossed her body to look towards the one calling her. Kind eyes. Light hair. Joy that never disappeared.
Mother.
"You were supposed to be back at noon, Mana," Nana mock-scolded, dropping the blanket onto the grass and sitting on it. "I brought you a snack. After that you'll have to go home and help make some gifts for the Gypsies that are coming later."
"Mm..." Mana reached for a bright green apple, her fingers curling around it and the hunger trapped in her stomach becoming very, very obvious.
"Do you remember them? The Gypsies, I mean."
"Uh-huh," Mana bit into it; the crisp crunch mixing in with the sound of the wind and the trees and the creatures all around. "About eight years ago, right? You said something about Gypsies only visiting us every once in a while."
"Every eight years."
"-And there's a whole bunch of different ones, too, right? So you'll only see the same people every eight years... Right, Mom?"
"Yes, that's right. I'm glad you remembered." Her eyes slid towards the village, her lids lowered and she examined her knuckles. "Mana... I..."
A bell, loud and echoing, rang. Alert, Mana leapt to her feet before her mother could finish what she was saying. "Bye, Mom! Gotta go! They want a feast for dinner, right?!"
"Mana!" a hand reaching for her daughter, fading in the light and turning transparent. She could see her daughter through her hand! Flickered back to normal. Ignore it! "Mana!"
"Love you, Mom!" a quick spin, a wave, and her daughter disappeared over the hill.
Pained eyes, the mask dropping. Tears falling into the grass and soaking into the spongy, grassy earth below her. "...Mana. I'm sorry."
Because no one can defy Fate.
No one can resist Destiny.
Even though they try their hardest.
End Chapter One
1: "From the darkness that she embraces as it crushes her soul into nothing. Her unemotional box of jumbled mess." She wants the nothing, and if she can't feel the 'mess' of emotions (hence the unemotional), she can't be hurt.
2: "To let past the mask that doesn't really exist." It's a mask; something to hide behind. But it's not really a mask because she's only hiding from herself. Really, it doesn't make too much sense unless you know what I'm talking about. There's a whole bunch of detail that doesn't fit into words... but it's still pretty, right?
3: "...hid her pain from the world unsuccessfully..." A jumbled thought, I know. But it can be taken in two different ways- first, unsuccessfully raising a mask to hide her pain from the world. Second, she was stumbling up the hill- scrambling!