Juvenile Orion Fan Fiction ❯ Dawn ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dawn
 
Neechi
 
(( Juvenile Orion ))
 
Disclaimer: Not mine! The books say they belong to BROCCOLI and Marekatsu Nakai and Sakurako Gokurakuin… but that's only the artist… <_< Yes.
 
Warnings: Shonen-ai; yaoi; m/m slash; f/f slash (Shoujo-ai; Yuri).
 
Author's note: I really do apologize for my hideous writing skills. I'm working on them, and eventually I'll re-work every chapter. I won't use a lot of Japanese words; they don't flow with the story. People who can work them in; I congratulate you. And I'm sorry for my laziness. But I really hate scrolling down to the end of the page to know what people are talking about.
 
______________________________________________________________ __________
 
Summary: Destiny. Fate. Heaven. Hell. With the shadows of time whispering in their ears and the hope of heaven kissing their hearts, they'll find everything they've been looking for. And maybe… maybe something more. (Juvenile Orion)
 
______________________________________________________________ __________
 
 
Sometimes he hated himself. He felt worthless, small, as if nothing he ever did could ever create an impact upon the rest of the world. His sister was in a supernatural coma, her body barely functioning enough to keep her well fed and physically strong enough to move. Motor functions were about all her body could do.
 
According to his mother, he was worthless and only lived because he was a slightly valuable asset to the clan. According to his mother, the only girl he'd ever cared for hated him. But in his dreams, she loved him.
 
Haruna. He sighed mentally, and let himself drift back into unconsciousness.
 
`Wake up.' Startled by the soundless voice, Naoya's eyes snapped open.
 
He stared at the ceiling.
 
 
 
Mana tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear before continuing to peel the apple in her hand. After peeling everything in the bucket to her left she would slice the apples and stuff them into the pie crust. Of course, thinking these thoughts into her mind didn't distract her from the pair of golden eyes watching her from behind. His eyes.
 
Straining to ignore the youth casually leaning against the rickety kitchen table, Mana extended her world to include the muffled sounds from outside. Someone was chopping wood, the children were laughing and giggling and just listen to all of those moving feet! A bird is singing; listen, another answers! There's a light breeze, obvious from the gentle tinkling of the glass sun catcher hung outside the front door…
 
“For good luck, Mana,” her mother smiled down at her and Mana looked back up with fascination. “It's so pretty, look at the rainbows it makes! Don't you think that's lucky?”
 
Mana laughed and agreed, absolutely delighted with this newfound wonder in her small, child-world.
 
“What's wrong?” Kaname's harsh and gentle words, how odd they could be both simultaneously, broke through her reverie and Mana realized she was sobbing. Her cheeks were warm and damp, the salty tears dripping down onto her hands that were resting on the cutting board.
 
“N-nothing,” she muttered, not at all liking the way her voice trembled. She slowly pushed the knife and apple onto a level surface. If she didn't let go of them, she might hurt herself; and then she'd bleed, and cry more.
 
“…I don't believe you,” Kaname replied. “I've known you, Kirihara, since you were four years old. Don't think I can't tell when you're falling apart.”
 
“I'm not…” she leaned against the counter for support, “…falling apart. I… I just…” Words failed her, and so she swallowed her sobs and let the tears she couldn't stop trail down her cheeks as she listened to the silence that had replaced her broken denial.
 
A gust of wind pushed through the gentle breeze, and the glass clattered together to make music.
 
“I know your mother died.”
 
Open eyes. Dead eyes. Gentle and brown and such a horrifying compliment to the sticky, drying blood covering her mother's carcass.
 
The arms supporting her weight failed, and Mana collapsed to the ground. Footsteps. She sobbed, almost open keening now.
 
“Why is she crying?” the previously unconscious boy demanded.
 
“Her mother died.”
 
The boy didn't reply, and if he did Mana was too busy trying to get herself back under control to care.
 
 
 
 
 
If there's one thing he hated, it was crying. He didn't cry because he felt too self-pitying when he did. And she was sobbing into him, for fuck's sake! His shirt was getting very wet and he knew he'd probably want to change into another after he dragged what's-his-name out of here. Fuck. And the bastard was just standing there, watching.
 
But then he moves, and Kaname caught himself as he tensed. Crouching down next to Kaname, what's-his-name grinned cockily at Mana.
 
“It's not like she'd be telling you to cry because she died, is it?” Great, he mentally sighed as she shook her head against his stomach, rubbing the damp spots against his skin. “And I see you've started on a pie…” what's-his-name's voice trailed off, the arrogant tone in his voice enough to repulse the other male.
 
And then he a hand was on the back of his neck, and little sparks shuddered through Kaname's system. Mana sat up and wiped her tears, smiling at him. Shit, now she likes him. Which means she's going to want us all to be happy, lovey-dovey friends all the goddamn time. Fuck.
 
Before she can embrace him, though, he stands. “I'm gonna' drag Kaname,” Wow, he actually knows my name, “…out of here to get some fresh air and resist `sampling' anything you bake.” Which would give her alone time to think and be comfortable before she had to join the masses of people outside. Clever.
 
“All right,” Mana pulled Kaname to his feet and kissed his cheek, “Have fun! I'll let you boys have the first sample of my pie, I promise!” She giggled and shoved them out the door, and Naoya grinned at Kaname again.
 
“Aren' t you glad you're out of there?”
 
“…Shut up.”
 
Naoya walked away, and Kaname followed. They wound their way around camp, sometimes helping drag water here or hold this while someone else did that, and Naoya talked his ass off.
 
“There's a legend,” Naoya said after a more than welcome seven minutes of silence.
 
When he didn't say anything more, Kaname looked at him, “Is there anything more to that thought? Or did you just decide to say it?”
 
“I was thinking about it, you idiot,” Naoya retorted, and he continued walking in silence.
 
Shrugging, Kaname watched Naoya as he stayed close to the trees alongside the left of the path. Weird, he thought, but the words that would have followed were interrupted by a shout.
 
“-name-kun! Over here! They're going to dance! Come on!”
 
“We're coming!” Naoya yelled back, waving.
 
 
 
The energy stood before him, an intricate pattern lay out in the mirror floating in the gray abyss. A flicker of lavender light caught his attention, and watched (once again amazed) as his sister appeared as the energy swirled to create her form.
 
`Hello, little brother,” she smiled as only she could, and Naoya was hit with the fierce determination to pull her out of the coma. `I see you've met some interesting people.'
 
“Only two or three, he replied, “Nothing special.
 
She smiled, and looked at the mirror. `Something is obscuring your vision, protecting something. Does this shield know?'
 
“I don't know.
 
`Ah,' she looked back, and with a swipe of her hand some of the lines and swirls of the pattern disappeared, leaving in its wake a dark energy half-obscuring a lighter one. Haruna watched him for a moment as he studied it, doing his best to keep his expression blank.
 
`Do you know who they are?'
 
…Yes. And he knew what to do, too.
 
`All right,' she smiled at him, then bit her lip in slight worry, `Hurry, Naoya. I have seen much.'
 
And with a shimmering lavender glow encompassing her, she disappeared.
 
…Mind Breaker the words whispered out between his lips, and Naoya Itsuki set his hardest glare upon the pastel colors, a sick grin teasing his lips.
 
 
 
End Chapter Three
 
 
Wow, I don't think any notes are necessary this time. =D