Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Crests of the Sky ❯ Playing Games :: Yamamoto and Hibari ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Takeshi Yamamoto was many things. He was popular, he was good in sports, he was friendly, and loyal. How ever he didn't always seem to be the brightest bulb in the box, because he was always, well almost always, thinking about baseball. It wasn't that he was stupid, because he wasn't stupid by any means it just so happened to be that baseball was his top priority. Takeshi Yamamoto was actually a lot smarter then he let on.
But when he woke up in the middle of the night from a strange dream, only to see the computer screen glowing brightly even the middle school baseball star was at a loss. Sitting up fully and moving to the edge of his bed Yamamoto watched as something came out from the screen and floated a little away form his desk.
when it decided to drop to the floor Yamamoto threw him self from his bed in a great dive to catch the thing just before it it the floor. Cringing from the pain the teen sat up with what seemed to be an egg that was decorated with red zig-zags like lightning set in a way the looked like horizontal stripes that were outlined in yellow, then white.
The screen got impossibly bright again, drawing Yamamoto's attention away form the egg in time to see his computer spit out two new things. Extending a hand Yamamoto easily caught the two things, a strange blue and white electronic device, and a small ring.
“What the...?” The young man asked looking at the things he was holding, the egg in his lap, and the electronic, and ring in his hand, to the computer screen where a message was now written that he could read.
`Good luck digidestined...'
And then the screen turned off, leaving Yamamoto in the dark of his room sitting on the floor with a strange egg in his lap, a mysterious electronic device in his hand, and a new ring.
“Is this... from a new computer game?” The dark haired teen asked him self with a frown as he looked at his newly obtained things. Yamamoto knew of no computer games that did things like this.
And what exactly was a digidestined?
--- --- ---
--- --- ---
Kyouya Hibari was not for any reason amused. First he had been woken by his computer screen at some ungodly hour of the night which then some how had ejected, for lack of a better word, a strange egg, electronic, and ring. The screen read a message on it that the dark haired male barely glimpsed before it turned off. With his room dark once more Hibari promptly rolled over and went back to sleep, blatantly ignoring the things that now sat on his desk.
When he woke up for school the things were still there. Glaring heatedly at them Hibari got out of his bed, and then got dressed once more ignoring the things. That is until he heard a crack. Stopping the process of buttoning up his shirt his dark eyes slid over to the egg only to see some sort of creature looking out of it from between two halves.
Hibari sighed and finished buttoning his shirt before he grabbed his tie and tied it with quick efficiency as he walked over to his desk. The creature hoped out of the bottom part of the egg and onto his desk, wearing the top part like a hat.
“What kind of creature are you?” He demanded of the thing as he removed it's egg shell hat gently. hibari wasn't expecting an answer.
A slender brow rose when the creature launched it's self at him, and landed on his shoulder. It's was light green, round, and small enough to fit into the crook of his arm, or on his shoulder, if it needed to be carried. It has a small horn on it's head, and a tail at least six inches possibly longer. Taking the creature off his shoulder Hibari's attention was momentarily drawn away at the muffled protests of the other small animal that had become attached to him.
Opening his bedroom window a small yellow bird flew into the room and landed on Hibari's head comfortably. “Hibari~! Hibari~!”
This animal was also removed form it's spot on him, gently though so not to harm it. The bird, named Hibird, flew from HIbari's hand to the desk, where it conducted it's own examination of the strange creature that was in Hibari's room. Watching for a moment Hibari finally turned and left. He would return for the creature, and the rest of his things before he left.
--- --- ---
--- --- ---
Going to school had never really been a fun thing for Tsuna. how ever going to school and having to being Patamon was much worse. Tsuna knew that the digimon often fallowed him to school on his own with Reborn, and Tsuna was fine with that. patamon usually stayed out of sight in one of Reborn strange hiding places when he did that.
Today was different though. Today Reborn insisted that Tsuna take Patamon with like the digimon was some sort of stuffed toy, and he was to keep the digimon with him at all times. The brunette didn't have any time to argue and gave in, grabbing his digimon friend before he bolted out the door for school before he was late.
Honestly Tsunayoshi didn't understand why Reborn made him do half the things he did, but he had learned the hard way that there were some things that you just didn't question. Part of Tsuna's mind this morning recognized those tones in this tutor's voice. So Tsuna carried Patamon under his arm as he ran as fast as he could to make it to school on time.
Tsuna didn't want to deal with Hibari today...
Fortunately Tsuna got to school with time to spare, unfortunately Patamon was spotted by the fearsome prefect. Tsuna didn't realize it until Hibari was right there and speaking to him.
“Herbivore...” Tsuna squeaked and turned to face Hibari slowly looking similar to a frightened animal.
“Y-Yes H-HIbari-san?” Tsuna stuttered.
“Plush toys are not allowed.” He dead panned as he took Patamon by the ears and yanked the “plush toy” out from under Tsuna's arm.
“W-Wait, Hiabri-san!” Tsuna exclaimed as a different voice spoke at the same time. “Lemme go you big bully that hurts!”
Tsuna stopped his protesting to look at Hibari and Patamon with wide brown eyes as Hibari's grey eyes moved to look at the now squirming supposed plus toy he was holding.
“How would you like it if I grabbed you by your ears huh? Give me back to Tsuna!” the digimon demanded as the mentioned brunette stared on in horror.
Hibari didn't give him back, but he did change how he was holding the creature. “It it not a toy.” Tsuna couldn't tell who Hibari was talking to, him self or Tsuna, but the brunette nodded slowly.
“Of course I'm not a toy, I'm a digimon. Di-gi-mon. Got it?” Patamon retorted making Tsuna cringe.
Hibari smirked, and a brow rose in amusement at the little thing he was holding. It was feisty despite it's small size. “Oh?” Cold amusement laced his voice perfectly as the question left his lips.
It Tsuna shudder, `S-Scary, Hibari-san!'
“Hibari, Hibari! Digimon, digimon!” Brown, blue, and grey eyes all widened, some more then others, as this new voice was heard. Hibari turned slowly and looked down to see the little creature he had found in his room now bouncing at his feet. It seemed to have learned speech form his bird at some point in his absence from the reception room where Hibari was sure he had left the thing.
“Another digimon?!” Patamon exclaimed. Hibari threw the little orange digimon at Tsuna and scooped up his little creature. “You and that thing will come to the reception room after school Herbivore. Try to leave before then, and I will bite you to death.”
Tsuna caught patamon, and nodded shakily to Hibari who strode off with the little green digimon. Tsuna sat there trying to process what in the world just happened when he saw a hand extended towards him form above. Carmel brown eyes blinked and fallowed the hand up for Tsuna to see that it was one of his classmates, Yamamoto, that was offering him a hand up.
“That sure was strange don't you think?” Yamamoto said with his goofy grin. Tsuna nodded and accepted the hand up. Yamamoto hadn't ever been particularly mean to him before, actually from Tsuna's point of view Yamamoto was the nicest kid on the planet. They weren't friends, but the popular baseball star was one of the few kids that didn't bully him. They just didn't talk unless they had to.
“Sawada, right? We're in the same class I think...” Yamamoto said slowly.
Tsuna nodded wondering why one of the most popular kids in the school was talking to him. “Y-Yeah, thanks for the help Yamamoto-san. I should probably be going now.” He said nervously.
Yamamoto laughed, “Don't worry about it. Eh? Let's go to class together then!” He said before he slung an arm around Tsuna shoulder in a friendly manner and started walking with the boy.
“You have a digimon.” Patamon said.
Tsuna paled at the fact that his digimon friend spoke again in front of someone. “Patamon!” He hissed, but Yamamoto just laughed.
“It's like you guys smell each other or something! What a cool game~.” The baseball star said impressed.
Tsuna gave Yamamoto a strange look. `Y-Yamamoto-san, this isn't a game...' He thought to him self.
It wasn't long before the two reached class, but before they walked in Yamamoto removed his arm from Tsuna and looked down at the much smaller teen. “Hey, do you mind if I go with you after school to see Hibari, Tsuna?” He asked.
Tsuna blinked, still not quite used to Yamamoto using his nickname, “Y-Yeah, sure Yamamoto-san.”
The taller boy grinned widely and entered the classroom, Tsuna fallowing and trying to be invisible like always.