Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fan Fiction ❯ Heart of the Sword ❯ Target 0: Goodbye, Halcyon Days ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I only own Kiyori and Tsuyako.

The door swung open to a smoky bar and the two men sitting at the bar, drinking and smoking, didn’t turn around to see who it was but even without looking they knew who it was.

“It’s Reborn...Looks like you were called by the old man again.” The man with the mustache said.

“Must be tough being popular. Going to Roma next? Venezia?” The other man asked.

“Giappone.” Reborn said calmly as the chameleon on his hat blinked.

“!!” Both men turned around at that comment from the infamous hitman, surprised.

“What!! The old man must have finally made up his mind.”

“Looks like it’s going to be a long journey.” Reborn said.

========================================================

“Tsuyako, can you please get Tsunayoshi up??” A mother, Nana, shouted from the kitchen.

A soft, feminine voice answered her, “Yes, Mama…”

Tsuyako finished tying her tie before she turned around from the mirror, she grabbed her bag and bokken bag then she walked out of her bedroom. She headed to her brother’s and pushed open the door.

“Tsuna...it’s time to get up.” Tsuyako said as she walked over to the sleeping figure and gently shook him awake.

“Mmm...five more minutes, Tsuya.” Tsuna mumbled.

“No, Tsuna. Kiyori will be here at any minute and you know how she is when we’re late for school.” Tsuyako said. “Remember the last time you tried sleeping in and she got ice and touched you with them?”

That caused her brother to sit up quickly with a soft yelp. Gold met another pair of gold that was set in familiar looking face but that face had more of a feminine look. That’s right, Nana Sawada had been blessed with twins. 

One boy and one girl.

The Sawada Twins had very different personalities, Tsuyako acts mature, calm and collected most of the time, she freaks out from things she's afraid of, are gross, or pertain to gore while Tsuna was afraid of everything and anything that meant him harm of any kind. She is kind and warm with others, caring about her friends and knowing they are important to her, she only had one friend and that was Kiyori Kurosaki. Tsuyako had the same color eyes and hair as her twin, she had long brown hair with bangs that cover her forehead and her gold eyes weren’t as large as her twin’s, they were narrow in shape.

“Hurry and get dressed before she comes.” Tsuyako said with a small smile before she turned and left her brother’s room. Tsuyako walked down the stairs and stepped into the kitchen. “Morning, Mama.”

“Good morning, Tsuyako,” Nana said with a smile. “Did you sleep well?”

“Mmhmm, is Kiyori here yet?”

Before Nana could answer there was a knock at the door and then a familiar voice called out, “Tsuna, Tsuya, are you two ready?!”

“I’m almost ready, Kiyo!” Tsuna shouted from his room.

“I’m ready, Kiyo.” Tsuya called from the kitchen. 

Kiyori walked into the kitchen and smiled, “Ah, good at least one of the Sawada twins is ready to go.” Kiyori had long black hair with blunt bangs that cover her forehead and two side bangs that reach her chest and it was loosely tied into a side ponytail, she wore it in other styles but it was normally worn like this. She possessed sharp brown eyes, which is a common trait among the Kurosaki women. Kiyori sported a slender and well-defined frame, thanks to her Kendo training. She was quite tall for a Japanese girl her age; her relatively long limbs contribute leverage to her powerful sword swings when she was practicing. She had her bokken bag strapped to her back, just like Tsuyako.

Both girls were in the Girls’ Kendo Club.

“Sorry that my son is late again, Kiyori.” Nana said.

“It’s fine, Sawada-san.” Kiyori said with a smile.

Tsuna ran down the stairs and said, “Alright, I’m ready! Let’s go!”

Nana smiled as she handed Tsuyako two pieces of toast, “For you and your brother. Now have fun at school!”

Kiyori and Tsuyako waved before they followed Tsuna out of the house, the female twin handed her brother the other piece of toast which he took with a grateful smile and took a bite. The black haired girl was walking between her two childhood friends.

“Went to bed late again, Tsuna?” Kiyori asked.”

“Yeah.” Tsuna mumbled before he yawned.

Tsuyako nodded and said, “He was up playing the new game that he bought.”

“Ah, I see.” Kiyori nodded in understanding. 

Tsuna puffed out his cheeks and said, “It was very hard to put down…”

Both girls laughed and Kiyori bumped his shoulder playfully as she said, “I’m sure it was but you need to get some sleep if you have any hope on moving to the next grade, Tsuna.”

“Yeah, yeah…” Tsuna mumbled.

Tsuyako glanced at her wristwatch and let’s out a startled sound, “We better hurry or else we’ll be late for class!!”

“Last one there is prey for the deranged Head Perfect!” Kiyori shouted before she took off running.

“Kiyo!” Both twins shouted before they ran after her, the girls were athletic while sadly the boy wasn’t so he had started to get tired but Kiyori and Tsuyako started to offer encouraging words to help him at least keep up with them.

They barely made it before the bell rang and the gate was closed, and no deranged Head Perfect was waiting for them either so score 1 for them.