Kiddy Grade Fan Fiction ❯ Cracked ❯ Cracked ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: Cracked
Authoress (es): Happiness's Deceit
Rating: K
Fandom: Kiddy Grade
Disclaimer: Kiddy Grade and all of its characters do not belong to me. Any resemblances to people or stories in this fiction are pure coincidence.
Warnings: Pre-Series, implied Shoujo-ai
Pairing (s): implied Tweedledee/Lumiere, can be taken for close friends
Summary: Twin fic. Tweedledee and Tweedledum were mirrors of each other every time. They never faded or aged…they only cracked. But a cracked mirror can never be fixed.
 
- X -
 
You're cracked, and that's a fact
I don't know how I'm supposed to act
- FANGS, You're Cracked
 
- X -
 
They were mirrors of each other every time.
 
Every time they changed bodies, they were corresponding mirrors that never faded nor aged. They only cracked. Sometimes they would crumble near the edges, barely enough to change the mirror, but sometimes they split in the middle, where they distorted the vision.
 
A cracked mirror can never be fixed. Only put back together. A crack will always remain—a symbol of a time where hurt overcame rationality.
 
Tweedledee knew that they were cracked. She knew that they would never be the same, and that with every new body, a new crack emerged. She wondered if they could ever be as close as they had once been, but chided herself on being so naïve—they couldn't ever be the same again. Tweedledee knew she was more cracked than her brother; her beliefs were proof of that. After all, hopelessness only emerged when there was more damage than one could ignore.
 
Tweedledum knew they were cracked. He knew that they could be the same again, and that with every new body, a new chance emerged. He wondered if they would ever be as close as they had once been, but chided himself on being so doubtful—they would be the same again, eventually. Tweedledum knew he was more cracked that his sister; his beliefs were proof of that. After all, hopefulness only emerged when there was more damage than one could ignore.
 
The twins were fundamentally different, but they were cracked replicas of one another.
 
They moved in unison, as if led in a dance of brokenness and self-belief, cracked beings striving for the bitter completion. Every time that was taken away from them, they cracked more—but it was a dance they could not forfeit.
 
The steps were always the same, a whirling of memorized movements that would not help but constantly repeat themselves over and over again.
 
And then Tweedledee would stumble for a moment, due to the appearance of a tiny girl with a gentle smile. Tweedledum would fumble his next step as well, and then the dance would stop. But with the departure of the young(er) hacker, the dance would continue once again, perhaps a bit stiffer as the partners relearned their place.
 
The dance whorled on and on, repeating and never changing. The participants became masters of the dance, never noticing the cracks begin to stretch. The lines of self-doubt and self-satisfaction blended, severing pieces of the broken mirrors as they danced.
 
The cracks stretched on, breaking the mirrored souls, and left in their wake an emptiness that would never be filled.
 
Tweedledee knew that they were cracked.
 
Tweedledum knew that they were cracked.
 
And the dance continued.
 
- X -
 
Please review if you have the time, and thank you for reading!