Kim Possible Fan Fiction ❯ Contested Intentions ❯ Commercial: The Sin of Virtue ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: And here's your surprise, twin commercial breaks in this episode's continuum. I openly admit that I did not write these myself, but that's kind of the point, and would like all the readers making their way toward the Report button at the moment to note that both of these works were written specifically by their author's for this very purpose (Read: I asked them to write the commercials for this, and they did). The author of this one is Ryuujin Blue Z at FanFiction Dot net, and is a coming attractions sort of thing, as the fic isn't done yet. But you can still check out the other stuff he has posted up, if you like this.
 
The screen fades to black, and then suddenly bright white letters burst onto the screen accompanied by the familiar, deep voice of the Movie Trailers Voice Overs Guy!.
 
"Coming soon to a movie theater nowhere near you, to a channel no one actually watches, 'The Sin of Virtue'! The all new Fullmetal Alchemist fan fiction story by an utterly unknown author!"
 
A marvelous vista expands out into the distance, seemingly to the ends of the world, apparently ignorant to the viewer's presence among the splendors of nature's beauty. Most notable among these majestic sights, the marching lines of shimmering emerald huddled at the feet of their steadfast purple masters. Dew-speckled grass sparkling in the brilliant midday sunlight to match the twinkling of pristine snow caps. The jagged ivory peaks, and their gem-hued companions, wrapped around a medium-sized village, a quaint little mining affair that had yet to visibly let out the secret of its prosperity. It was quiet now, though, a dark cloud seeming to hang over the community both figuratively and literally.
 
But the scene changes, the village fading from sight to be replaced with a slightly more utilitarian, professional setting. There's a simple white hall, unadorned and unbroken but for the occasional window or door. In the case of the former the view is lacking in the earlier's glory, presenting the darkness of night even further deepened by the oppressive blackness of storm clouds with the depressing portals broken only by the occasional and cold cracks of icy-pale lightning. The screen itself focuses upon a woman, either just shy of her middle-ages with a somewhat hard life behind her or a step into those in-between years with an easier existence at her back, standing before one of the doorways that split up the lengths of mundane walls with splotches of stark earthen brown. Her clothing identifies her as a Dog of the State in a glance, her posture suggesting that she might possess enough rank to require her to set positive examples for any that might catch sight of her. Before her the wood falls away, swung open with sudden speed to reveal a man's hand that has seen days and times that would break lesser beings clenching a rather thick and reasonably long rod of metal. Even as it's extended towards her bright blue electricity sparks its way along the material, stretching it out toward the woman's face in the form of a rapidly forming sword. The screen goes black once more, with a suddenness that shocks the eyes and leaves an afterimage of the previous moment burning on the retina.
 
"He is a State Alchemist, sent to protect a woman and a town he doesn't even know, master of all that slices and dices."
 
The words flash away, leaving a fading imprint on the empty screen before scenes of action appear. A large man, tall and filled out in such a fashion to suggest both great strength and great speed, long brown trench coat flying outward from a body cloaked in the traditional uniform of a State Alchemist. Each hand is tightened to the point of white knuckles around bars of grey metal wrapped in shimmering blue fire, transmutation twisting the structure of the material to his whims. And even as this image remains blasts of various other poses dart across the screen, showcasing a handful of weapons being artfully called to the man's aide. A scythe can be seen, as he charges forward. Then there's a flail swinging leisurely, a staff that quickly shifts into a spear, even what appears to be an axe before the overlain image dissipates with a final flash of bright white to reveal the very same man with his transmutation complete. A katana in each hand, he darts down a shadowed alleyway after a small, swiftly retreating form as the screen slips back into the inky darkness.
 
"He is a little boy, bent on the extermination of humanity."
 
True to the words preceding the images, a small child can be seen walking quietly down a sidewalk in what appears to be the same olden village from the first set of scenes, a quiet smile upon his face. A sense of innocence is in that expression, childlike glee twinkling in his dark chocolate eyes as a breeze ruffles short and unkempt blonde hair. After a moment, the boy disappears through a doorway with a final glimpse of his youthful face seemingly twisted into a more sinister grin, a heartless glint to those eyes, before the screen once more fades to the by now familiar black.
 
"Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sin of Virtue!"
 
Scene after scene rushes the screen, the quaint village in the mountains, the military woman traveling with the man in the trench coat and another boy only a bit older than the one previously seen, and that little blonde haired boy. Again the Alchemist and his bladed weaponry is seen in action, slashing at targets unseen to the viewer, as ghostly images placed over the peaceful hills. And then these are gone, following the same path as the previous clips.
 
"Coming soon!"
 
One last image appears, the man in the brown coat bent over with a single bar clutched to his chest, faint lines of transmutation energy sparking along its surface as blood drips from his hands. The screen zooms in on his face, just as he speaks. His voice comes out weary, haggard by exertion and anger.
 
"Some things are more important than truth…"
 
Specific content may vary based upon author's whim. No purchase necessary. Odds of the fic actually being good vary depending on the reader's blood alcohol level and recent drug intake.