King Of Bandit Jing Fan Fiction ❯ Bandits Make Great Babysitters ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters in King of Bandits Jing. I wish to all that is holy that I did, but I don't. ~_^ Zyni is mine though, so please, no takies.

************************************************************** ********

"Jing, what is with this place?" a black feathered bird asked from his perch of a yellow clad shoulder of a young man with black hair. The bird looked around, staring at some of the oddly shaped buildings that surrounded the pair. There didn't seem to be a normal rectangular or square shaped building in sight. Everything was multi-angled and odd looking. Some buildings even gave off the illusion that at any moment they would simply fall over.

"I think this is the city's art district," Jing joked, placing his hands behind his head, dislodging the bird from his post. "Pretty amazing, isn't Kir?"

"Yeah, amazing," Kir remarked dryly. "It would be amazing if we came across a couple of beautiful young women, that's what would be amazing. Where is everyone?" Jing shrugged. "Do you even care that there's no one around? This place is like a ghost town."

"Given how hot it is outside right now, it's not surprising. It is the middle of summer you know. Everyone is inside sleeping. They'll come out tonight, after the sun and the heat vanishes."

"...oh. Well, in that case, what sort of treasure are we after this time?" Jing reached into his pocket and pulled out a slip of folded paper. He unfolded it and showed it to Kir, the image of a large crown glittering with hundreds of jewels making the pet's eyes go wide. "We're gonna take that?" he exclaimed.

"Not this exact piece, no," Jing said. "This is our distraction. What we're after is something far more valuable."

"More valuable than that thing?" Kir repeated. "Really? What is it?"

"The Silver Star. It's a locket made up of ivory and silver and it's said that it holds a piece of a real star inside."

"So you really are going to steal a star this time, huh?" Kir grinned. Jing mimed a blow at the bird for his pun but grinned. "Well, that thing says the treasures are going to be at a museum exhibit tonight. Don't you think it'll be tough to get it from under all those people. I know you like a challenge, but that's a bit insane."

"The Star isn't going to be in the exhibit," Jing pointed out. "The family that owns it isn't displaying the piece for fear that the Bandit King will steal it. So it's staying locked up tightly in a vault, in their home."

"You sent them a note didn't you?" Kir inquired teasingly. Jing returned the taunt with the faintest of smiles. "So we break in while the couple is away?"

"With nothing but the babysitter to dodge."

"Woah, a babysitter?" Kir asked. "For the Star?"

"For their daughter. But how hard can it be to avoid a little kid?"

"You're right, this is going to be a piece of cake," Kir agreed. "I mean, how hard can one little kid be?"

************************************************************** **********

A/N: like? don't like? let me know, C&C please!