King Of Bandit Jing Fan Fiction ❯ Bandits Make Great Babysitters ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Dislcaimer: I don't own any of the characters from King of Bandits Jing, but Zyni is mine!

************************************************************************ *********

In the end the 'problem' was solved by Zyni forcing Jing to wear a blindfold. The result was much splashing and Jing getting soaked before Zyni was even halfway through the bath. "Are you sure we can't do this another way?" Jing asked good naturedly.

"No!" Zyni shouted. "You have to keep that on!"

"Okay, okay!" Jing laughed, reaching for a tall pitcher filled with warm water so that he could rinse the soap out of Zyni's hair. "Hold still now."

***

Kir looked around the first floor, checking everywhere he could think of that someone might hide a safe, but without any luck. "Huh?" he asked himself, scratching his head when he came across an open window. "Did we open that?" he wondered, shaking his head. He couldn't remember, so he just closed it. As he searched the house he came across another odd thing, an open door where he didn't remember one before. Curious, he flew down the stairs into what appeared to be the cellar.

"Bingo," he said to himself, coming face to face with the vault. "Oi..." he added when he got a good look at the lock. "Jing is gonna love this... how to blast it open without alerting the brat."

***

"You can take that off now," Zyni stated, allowing Jing to remove the blind fold. The black haired teen removed the piece of dark clothe and grinned at Zyni.

"At least one of us is dried off," he smiled cheerfully, grabbing a brush from the sink. "Let's get those tangles out."

"No!" Zyni protested, throwing her hands over her head. "You're not allowed! Only Mar... you're not allowed!" She snatched the brush from Jing and ran out of the room. Jing watched her, pensive for a moment.

"Jing, I found it!" Kir exclaimed, bursting into the room. "It's in the cellar. It's going to be tough opening the lock though." He got no response. "Jing, did you hear me? I found the safe! Hello? Anyone home?"

"Someting's up with Zyni, Kir."

"So the kid has some issues," Kir dismissed. "She's a spoiled little brat, what did you expect?"

"I don't think it's like that at all," Jing replied.

"Jing, can't we just get the Star and leave?" Kir pleaded.

"We can't leave her alone, Kir," Jing stated, giving the bird a stern look.

Kir heaved a sigh. "Fine, fine. Take care of the kid, I'll wait downstairs. Once she's in bed this should be a piece of cake, right?"

***

Jing knocked on the door to Zyni's room and walked in. She was sitting on her bed, holding a story book. "Read this one," she ordered, no hint of her earlier outburst in her voice. Her hair was even brushed.

"Yes, Milady," Jing grinned, sitting on a chair next to the bed.

"Not there!" Zyni protested. "No one's allowed to use that seat. Sit there!" She pointed to a stool on the other side of the bed. Jing moved to the other seat and took the book from Zyni, opening it up. "Once upon a time..."


"Wow, that kid can go through a bunch of stories," Kir muttered when Jing finally met him at the stairs. "How many did you read?"

"Four," Jing replied with a sigh.

"Good, well, she's asleep. Let's get that Star!"

They were about halfway down the stairs when a tiny voice called out, "Jing?"

Jing stopped midstep and turned around. "Yes, Zyni?"

"I'm thirsty!"

Jing laughed to himself. "I'll be right there." He got her a glass of water, shut her door once she was back asleep, then started back down the stairs.

"Jing!"

"What now?" Kir muttered.

"Yes?" Jing called.

"I can't sleep!"

Jing heaved a sigh and returned to her room, pulling out a few more story books.

"Is she asleep this time?" Kir asked sarcastically as the duo tip-toed down the stairs.

"Jing!"

Jing moaned. "We're never going to make it off of the stairs..."


*************

A/N: sorry its taken so long... finals, work, and life was being a pain. sorry its such a short addition, but I'm trying! I promise!