Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ All Eyes On Me ❯ All Eyes On Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey! This is my first KH fic…I'm new to the fandom, so feedback is much appreciated!
 
Disclaimer: The characters of Kingdom Hearts are not my intellectual property. However, the sequence of monologue and dialogue belong to Lightning Sage. And lyrics of “All Eyes On Me” belong to the Goo Goo Dolls.
 
Warnings: KHII Spoilers
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
 
All Eyes On Me
 
-
 
Axel's Point of View
 
-
 
You know, in retrospect, I didn't understand why you left the Organization. I mean, I know you wanted to find out why the Keyblade chose you, but I can't figure out why that meant you had to leave us…to leave me.
 
-
 
Daylight burns your sleepy eyes
It's hard to see you dreaming
You hide inside yourself
I wonderwhat you're thinking
-
 
The last three times I got to see you was in Twilight Town, the virtual world DiZ created to imprison you until Sora awoke. By then, you were different. You had no recollection of your life…the Roxas I knew was long gone. It was like talking to an empty shell of my best friend…the one who left me in favor of his pursuit of knowledge.
 
-
And everything you're chasing
It seems to leave you empty
 
-
I tried to get through to you at Twilight Town—thrice I tried to save you from re-merging with Sora and disappearing. But even though you, Roxas, never actually disappeared, your body did. You and Sora, two separate entities, combined to form a single person. But that was your choice, right? You didn't want to listen to me; my every attempt to bring you back to the Organization was answered with a hostile refusal accompanied by a butt-whooping at the hand of your Keyblade.
 
-
 
And it won't take long to burn
All eyes on me
Through the nothing that you've learned
All eyes on me
And the things you choose to be
All eyes on me
But your eyes look away
It's so hard to be someone
Strung out from today
And all that you knew slips away
-
 
Even after you joined with Sora, I was still desperate to see you, Roxas. At that point, I vowed to help Sora, even if it meant turning against the Organization, because I knew I'd be helping you in some way. It didn't matter anymore that Xemnas was trying to wield the power of Kingdom Hearts to make us Nobodies whole people. You made me feel like I had a heart, Roxas. That is what makes me whole.
 
-

You drown in deeper oceans
Inventing new religions
They smile and stab my back and
I lie and have to laugh
 
-
 
And for that reason, I have made the ultimate sacrifice—I consumed my own being—existence—by focusing all my power into one final, blazing attack—to save Sora…no…to save you, Roxas. I chose to fade away into the darkness so that you could live on in Sora's body. I knew that you, the Key of Destiny, could defeat Xemnas.

-

And it won't take long to burn
All eyes on me
Through the nothing that you've learned
All eyes on me
And the things you
choose to be
All eyes on me
But your eyes look away
It's so hard to be someone
Strung out from today
A
nd all that you knew slips away
 
-
 
To be fair, Xemnas wasn't all evil. He was just like the rest of us; he just wanted to be a whole person. But the means he went about to achieve his goal…I didn't agree with.
 
You are different from the rest of the Organization, Roxas…you have a heart. Even I could see that.
 
But then again, maybe you were right. Maybe the heart isn't something we can see or feel.
 
-

And you hidein your room
And the light burns away
And you move from the truth
It's all so far from you
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------
 
I thought it was so sad…right as Roxas was about to merge with Sora, he says, “I guess my summer vacation is…over.” I get the sense Roxas knew it had to happen, but I dunno if he was necessarily happy about it. I mean, he seemed okay at the end of KHII, but for some reason that didn't seem to fit with how he was prior to merging w/ Sora.
 
Even sadder…Axel's death scene! Makes me wanna cry every time I see it. “He made me feel…like I had a heart.” Sooooo cute!
 
Not sure how well I kept Axel in character…for me, it's hard writing him. Especially since my normal writing style is formal and I tend to write a lot of fics from Seto Kaiba's (Yu-Gi-Oh!) point of view. Axel is very informal. Hopefully practice will make better.
 
So do you think I did okay at keeping Axel in character?
 
What is your impression overall?
 
Constructive criticism is appreciated!