Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ And So the Hunt Begins... ❯ Eventful ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mandy(the author's internet name): Hello, and welcome to another exciting story by me!
Everyone: -weakly cheering-
Mandy: Hey, don't give me that! I've actually got most of these chapters done, but I haven't typed them up and edited them!
Axel: Yea, yea, same old story…
Mandy: -growls furiously, turning her evil death glare on him-
Axel: Eep. -hides behind Demyx-
Mandy: Hey, Roxas, do the disclaimer.
Roxas: Mandy does not own me, Axel, the Organization, or any of the worlds listed. They are property of Disney and Square Enix. The only thing she owns is Alexa. And the few measly things in her life…
Mandy: Thanks, Roxas! Anyways, the pairing is with the OC, Alexa. But who is it that she falls in love with? Is it who she's hunting for? Or someone she meets along the way? The pairing's a secret! ^.~
Axel: It's got to be me. I mean, she's chasing me and everything. Why would a girl do that unless she likes me?
Mandy: She hasn't even met you. And I can think of why a girl would chase you…
Axel: Why?
Mandy: -glinty eyes, takes out chainsaw- To kill you, of course! -chases after Axel, who runs-
Roxas: Anyways, here's the first chapter! Please R&R!
 
Chapter One: Eventful
Alexa…
“Axel. Number IIX. Flurry of Dancing Flames. Weapons: Chakrams. Red, spiky hair, emerald green eyes. Usually found wearing a black cloak, hood might be up. Very lean. Likes to burn things.”
I found this description highly amusing. My assignment was to track this guy down and bring him back. The dark-skinned Xemnas watched me with his amber, cat-like eyes. I peeked over the top of the paper he had handed to me, and he brushed back a strand of his silver hair.
“Well? Will you do it, Alexa?” He asked.
“Depends. What did this guy do?” I questioned in return. I didn't want to bring Axel back to Xemnas only to find out it was over something stupid (like a four-munny bet… I've dealt with that kind of thing before).
“He turned traitor, and killed one of our own.” I sucked in my breath, biting my bottom lip.
“That doesn't sound too good. Okay, what's Axel's personality?” I asked, “He could be in disguise.” I always hated it when the target happened to be a shapeshifter.
“Hmm…” Xemnas avoided my gaze, and then glanced up at me. I thought I saw a grin, but it was gone as quickly as it had come. “Let's just say… His character is quite despicable, and we all hate him.” I nodded, still suspicious. What was that sly look for? Was Axel really that bad?
“Another thing. Where might he be at this time? Do you have any suspicions about that?”
“Well, of course, he would never show his face here, at Castle Oblivion, or at the World That Never Was. We populate this place.”
“Who are you talking about when you say `we'?”
“The Organization and I live in these places.”
“Alright… Lastly, what am I getting in return?”
“Greedy, greedy.” Xemnas turned, stepping into a portal. He came back a few seconds later, “Fifty hundred thousand munny, and…” He threw a pair of keys at me, which I easily caught, “A gummi ship, to help you find him.”
“OK, thanks.” I said. I paused, looking around the white room. I found no doors. “Um…” He glanced at me, “How do I get out of here?!”
Meanwhile, with Axel…
“They've hired the bounty hunter, my liege.” The Dusk told me. I stood at the top of Twilight Town's clock tower, leaning against a wall.
“Do you know who it is?” I asked.
“We managed to hear the name Alexa, my liege.” It replied, bowing.
“Hmm….” I rubbed my chin, intrigued, “A girl. This should be interesting…” I grinned, “Try and get more information. I think I might want to meet her.”
Alexa…
I decided on checking the world called “Hollow Bastion.” It seemed like a place for traitorous people at first --- that was until I met the people there.
A pink, flying, pig-like thing with a red pom-pom coming off its antennae came up and greeted me. I stared at it funnily, wondering why it just said “kupo” after its sentence. It was quite annoying, and it could rub off on someone if they were around it long enough.
“I'm a Moogle, kupo. Is there something you need help with, kupo?” It asked.
“Yea… Have you seen a guy in a black cloak, red hair, green eyes, likely to be carrying chakrams?” I asked. The moogle shook its head.
“No. Sorry, kupo,” While we were talking, a spiky, brown-haired man in punkish clothes came up to us. On his back was a sword, but its hilt was a gun-like shape. I've heard of those, I thought, That's a Gunblade! “Hey, kupo!” The moogle said to him, “Leon!”
“What is it, kup --- I mean, what is it?” Leon asked, almost adding the annoying moogle word “kupo” to the end of his sentence.
“I'm Alexa. You haven't happened to meet anyone in a black cloak, have you?” I inquired. He shook his head, and I sighed. “Figures. Well, I'd better be off, then.”
“Kupo!” Cried the moogle, and he came up, tugging on my long sleeved pink shirt, “Do you need any items, kupo?” I looked down at its pleading face. It seemed that they didn't get much business on this world.
“Yea. I could always stock up on some potions.” I said, smiling, “And I think my gummi ship could use improvements…”
“Did you say…`gummi ship'?” A voice asked from behind me. It was an old guy with blond hair that had startled me. He wore a white sweater and khakis, and his eyes were glinting. “I can do that.”
“Ignore that scary face of his,” Leon reassured me, “Cid's been crazy for some gummi ship to pass in, but we haven't gotten any business lately.”
“Please!” Cid took my shoulders, shaking me, “Where is it?!” I pointed to my gummi ship, which was sitting in the town square.
I named it the Storm Rose. I had a thing for roses, and this was mounted with Storm guns. The name made some sense, I guess. The edges were sharp, in case a rival ship decided to run into the sides. It was a beautiful (and custom) shade of dark blue. A deflector was attached to the bottom side of the cock pit, ready to deflect as many enemy lasers as possible.
“Don't change the paint, whatever you do! I love that color!” I shouted as Cid rushed over to the gummi ship. “He's not going to go crazy and change the whole thing, is he? I just got it!”
“Don't worry, kupo. I'll have my moogle assistant watch over him, kupo!” The moogle reassured me, “Well, c'mon, kupo! To the shop, kupo!”
Insert Line here please…
Cid had done a nice job on the gummi ship. If an armada of Heartless flew in, I'd be able to take them on with the Storm Rose II (I decided to change the name since Cid went ahead and messed with the paint, anyway). I got plenty of accessories and items to get myself through until I caught Axel.
“Thank you, everyone! Call me if you see a guy in a black cloak!” I shouted at the inhabitants of Hallow Bastion. They waved as I boarded the new and improved Storm Rose II. A screen popped up, and Cid's hug, scary face appeared on it.
“Ok, Alexa, if you need any adjustments or tune-ups, let me know. We'll work out something.” He said. The screen was so detailed I could see his nose hairs, and I covered my shiver with a wave and a fake smile.
“Thanks, Cid. Bye.” I said through my teeth. After the screen turned off, I ran to the newly installed bathroom, feeling sick. When I felt a little better, I started the gummi ship, going into space.
Now, if I was a traitorous-guy-in-hiding, where would I go? I thought the question over for a moment. The least expected place. Look for a place that sounds peppy, maybe… The one I found most fitting to this description was Twilight Town.
Insert Line here please…
“Welcome, kupo!” Said the moogle. It looked exactly like the one from Hallow Bastion. I stared at it for a few brief moments, and then shook my head, deciding not to get into it.
“Hey, have you seen a guy in a black cloak?” I asked. The moogle shook its head, and then noticed something behind me. I turned to find a blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy coming up to me. He wore a partly checkered jacket, and baggy pants.
“You can see the guy in the black cloak?” He asked, seemingly surprised.
“Well, I'm trying to find him.” I said, and then described Axel to him, hoping he knew.
“I don't know what he looks like. He's always got his hood up.” He said, “I'm Roxas.”
“Alexa.” I gave my name in return. “So… how do you know this guy? Does he carry any weapons?”
“No, I don't know him… it's just that he's been following me around. And he doesn't carry any weapons that I can see.” The air whooshed around us, but not like a normal wind. “What's going on?”
I turned to look around, first spotting the moogle. It was still floating there, but there was something different... I glanced at a nearby shop and saw a boy frozen in midair, a skateboard on his feet. It was as if someone pressed the pause button...
“Time's... stopped?!” I said, shocked. Weird silver creatures appeared in a strange light, circling Roxas and me. “What are they?!”
“I don't know! They keep attacking me!” Roxas shouted, “C'mon, let's go!” He grabbed my arm, pulling me past the circle of thin creatures. We dodged into an alleyway, confusing them immediately. They disappeared in a swirl of silver.
“Does that happen often?” I inquired. I had a sneaking suspicion that this had to be Axel's doing... There wasn't really any other explanation, not unless those were ghosts or something.
“This started recently, with these things stealing all of the photos of me in town!” He managed to say between gasps for air.
I took a quick peek from around the corner, discovering that time still had not righted itself. I turned to walk back to Roxas, but found myself stepping into a computer room. A black cloaked man had a hold of my arm, throwing me to a guy wrapped in red bandages and buckles.
The red bandaged man was sitting at a computer with many bubbly screens. His right eye was uncovered, revealing red pupils and dark skin. It was with this eye that he turned his chilling gaze upon me.
“Hey, could you please tell me what's going on here?” I asked after gathering up the courage to do so. The man reminded me a little of Xemnas, because of his gaze and skin color...
“You shouldn't have been able to land here!” The bandaged man said, looking back at his screens, “What you were just in was a computer program set up for Roxas until the right time. A normal gummi ship wouldn't have been able to land.”
I narrowed my eyes, thinking of Cid. Darn you, Cid! You've gotten me into one heck of a mess! “Sorry about that. I'm just a bounty hunter...” The man was intrigued, fully turning his attention to me.
“Bounty hunter, you say? Are you hunting anyone at the moment?” He asked. I nodded. “May I ask who?”
“I'm not sure if you know him. Does the name Axel ring any bells?” The bandaged guy, as well as the black cloaked man behind me, jumped in complete shock. “Wow. Everyone sure hates this guy.”
“Yes! He's messing with my computer programs, trying to `save' Roxas!” The bandaged man shouted.
“Alright, maybe we can help each other out. I'm Alexa.”
“DiZ. And my assistant here is...”
“I can introduce myself.” The black cloaked man interrupted. “I'm Ansem.” He pulled back the hood, and I gasped. He looks exactly like Xemnas! (Well, except for the fact Xemnas has much shorter hair.) Ansem was puzzled.
“Sorry, Ansem. You looked like someone I knew for a moment.” I lied to satisfy him, “So, will you let me into your computer program to find Axel?” DiZ nodded.
“Ansem will take you back.” He said. Ansem grabbed me again, and I ended up where I had started in Twilight Town.
“Alexa!” Shouted a familiar voice. I looked to see Roxas running up to me. “Where did you go to?”
“Hmmm... I don't remember.” I lied, again, to satisfy him, “Did those silver guys try to attack you again?”
“No, not yet,” Roxas replied, “I hope they don't show up again. The town's Struggle tournament is coming soon!”
“Struggle tournament?”
“It's a sport around here. You put on this special uniform with orbs stuck to it, and you try to know the orbs off the other player and collect more than them before time runs out.”
“When is it?”
“Tomorrow afternoon.” Roxas answered, “Hey, do you have a place to stay? I could let you stay at my place, or I can ask one of my friends.”
“Yea, I have a place. Don't worry about me. In which direction will it take place?” He pointed down an alleyway, telling me that it was at the Sandlot. “Alright. See you tomorrow, then!”
 
Mandy: Ahhh, finally! I'm done with chappy 1!!
Organization: -clapping weakly-
Mandy: What is it with you people!?
Axel: We're Nobodies, so we can't put our heart into anything. Y'know, `cause we don't really have a heart.
Organization: -laughs weakly-
Mandy: Jeesh, and you have bad humor, too!
Alexa: Wait a minute... Why is Axel hanging around the Organization? I thought he betrayed them!
Axel: Alexa, sweetie, that was in the video game (or in the manga, if you prefer...), that doesn't mean that the Organization hates me!
Xemnas: What are you talking about, Axel? We do hate you!
Roxas: Ignore them. I think I'm the only one responsible out of the Organization... Anyways, please R&R! It will make Mandy so happy that it's like she's on candy!
Mandy: Never, EVER use my name in a rhyme. EVER!
Roxas: Review, or she might kill me!