Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ And So the Hunt Begins... ❯ Anxious ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mandy: Welcome back, everyone! Lollipops for everyone who reviewed! -passes out lollipops- Also, thanks for telling me I wasn't OOC with Axel. I was afraid that I was! This is the third chapter of this great story.
Demyx: -snacking on a bag of chips, reading the story on the computer- Meh, I've read better. -Axel taps him on the shoulder- What?
Axel: Do you want to die? Mandy can kill you with her author powers! She doesn't even have to say anything!
Demyx: Yea, right. -bag of chips blows up in his face- AHHH!! It burns with salty goodness into my eyes!!
Xemnas: -ahem- Anyways, Mandy doesn't own any of us, and only owns herself and Alexa. -cough, cough-
Axel: You should get your throat checked out.
Xemnas: -cough, cough- Yea... -computer blows up and shards of it go into his face- AHH!! Curse your author powers, Mandy!
Mandy: -grins evilly- On with the chapter!!
 
Chapter Three: Anxious
Axel...
I grabbed her wrist, feeling her pulse. Alexa was definitely unconscious, but not dead. Her jacket was torn at the elbows from the fall, and her cargo pants had also taken a beating. I noticed a few burn marks where some of my chakrams had nicked her. I hadn't known that I actually did get her, since she hadn't cried out in pain or anything. She's a lot stronger than we all realized. I let her wrist drop.
She hit her head pretty badly, so she could be out for a couple of days. I speculated the situation. We were on top of the Clock Tower, since that was the first place I could think of. I didn't know for sure if she would be able to get down from here in her condition. What do I care? Why should I worry? She's the bounty hunter, after all.
Blood started dribbling near Alexa's hairline, following the curve of her eyebrow. I immediately kneeled by her to take a closer look at her wound, to see if she needed medical attention. I caught myself before I brushed the strands of hair from her forehead, taking my hand away from her.
“I should just throw you over this tower, Alexa,” I said to her, even though I knew she wouldn't be listening. “But I won't, because it's all part of the big plan... and I feel like being merciful. For now, at least.”
I took her up in my arms, noticing that she smelled of blood and flowers, a sickly sweet scent. I heard a clang of something falling to the ground. I turned so I could see over her body, and found a claymore with a cyan-blue hilt. Shifting Alexa so that I could carry her with my left arm (and trying not to think of what body part I was touching...), I picked the sword up. I wasn't sure if I could carry such a heavy weapon and her, since I was already teetering from their weights. It would only be for a little while, though, using the Dark Corridors. The claymore must've been her weapon, but how come I couldn't see it? I asked myself mentally. Oh, well. I'll find out later. She'll still “hunt” for me, so I'll see her again.
I teleported us to the “haunted” mansion, which I knew was where DiZ, as well as Naminé, hid. Setting Alexa by the gate, I leaned the claymore next to her. I stood there and studied her for a moment. She looked really young, maybe 17 from my guessing. She actually seemed sort of cute, laying there with the sun on her face like some strange sort of Snow White --- without the seven dwarves. She came across as peaceful (even with blood dripping down her face), and it made me want to take her away from whatever pain she held inside. I shook my head, summoning a portal.
Stop that, I scolded myself, stepping through the swirl of purple and black, You don't have a heart, don't forget that.
“Ansem”...
“I hope Alexa gives Axel what he deserves!” DiZ shouted, “That man is nothing but trouble! The next time I see him, I'm going to...” He went on as he sat at his computer, talking to no one in particular although I stood right behind him. I rolled my eyes as I started picking up his mess of strewn papers... and got out the mop for his spilled coffee.
“Were you able to track her through the Dark Corridors?” I asked as I set his papers on a shelf, and then mopped up the floor. He sighed, shaking his head.
“I can't find anyone data-wise when they go through them.” DiZ explained, “I do hope that Alexa's alright. She seemed like quite a ni ---” Naminé ran in at this moment, interrupting him. I had never seen her act like this (not that I see her much), and she walked over to DiZ, panting. “What is it, Naminé?” She took in deep breaths, and then started talking.
“There's a raven-haired girl lying outside the mansion!” She exclaimed. Alert, I teleported outside, where I found Alexa, as well as a cyan-blue sword. I dragged the sword inside the gate so that it couldn't be stolen, and picked Alexa up and carried her inside. Her forehead was bloodied, but it was starting to dry and cake on her face. I presented her to DiZ.
“Is she still breathing?” He asked, coming over to me with Naminé. I nodded.
“Unconscious and a bit bloody, is all.” I replied. Naminé stood staring at Alexa, relieved. “Naminé,” I said, and she glanced up at me, “Can we keep her in your room for now?” She nodded, leading me up to her white room full of drawings.
DiZ brought in a pillow and some blankets as Naminé pulled a bed out of the wall. After setting it all up, I laid her down on the bed. Naminé rushed out, bringing back some gauze, which I took and wrapped around her wounds. I studied her face, which seemed serene no matter how I looked at her. Her face was a bit paler than the last time I had seen her, but, then again, her face was always pale because of the contrast with her raven black hair.
“Naminé, you go back and work on Sora's memories.” DiZ ordered. She left without another word, “I'll keep an eye on Roxas.” I watched him as he turned to leave. He stopped before he exited, adding, “Tell me when she wakes up.”
I watched as Alexa's brow furrowed. She seems to be having a strange dream. I thought, putting the blanket over her in an attempt to keep her warm. I wonder what she's dreaming about.
“Who's Riku?” Alexa whispered. I was utterly shocked, taking her wrist to feel her pulse. She was still unconscious. It's like she's talking to someone... “Silver hair, teal eyes...?” She said, “If I see him... I'll tell you.” She paused, probably listening to the other person's reply, “I'm Alexa. How will I get to you, Sor...?” Her last word drifted off. She said no more.
Roxas...
All of my friends didn't remember Alexa after the battle with Axel. They worried that I was starting to get a summer fever. I shook my head, telling them I wasn't sick or anything. “You've been acting really strange, Roxas.” Hayner had said, handing me a sea salt ice cream. Ever since I won the Struggle Tournament, I haven't seen Alexa, Axel, the other man dressed in black, the man dressed in crimson, or Naminé.
Olette brought up in conversation that our research papers were due when we went back to school (none of us had started it yet, wanting to use the summer for fun things). Hayner and Pence moaned, not wanting to do it. That was when Pence came up with the brilliant idea to do our papers on the Seven Wonders of Twilight Town. I rolled my eyes, along with Olette, as he got all excited about it.
I found all of the “Wonders”, but no one was there to see it. I didn't say anything, because they would think my “summer fever” was acting up again (they firmly believed this, especially Olette). Pence led us to the last spot on our trip, the Seventh Wonder: the haunted mansion.
“I've heard that a girl can sometimes be seen from that window right there,” Pence announced, pointing at the second floor window on the left side of the mansion, “The creepy thing about it is that no one's lived here for years. I don't remember anyone living here, actually.” While they pondered over this, writing down notes in their journals, I looked up at the window and saw the girl in white, Naminé. I felt as if I was being pulled from my body, and I ended up in a white room full of drawings.
“Hello again, Roxas,” Naminé said, “I'm afraid I don't have much time to explain all of this to you, but I'll do my best.” I didn't know what she was talking about, and I told her so. “Look.”
She pointed at a drawing. “That's Axel and you. You two used to be best friends.”
“Really?” I said, a little shocked. Somehow, I knew she was right. She nodded. I looked around, and, to my surprise, found Alexa lying on a bed in the corner. “Alexa!” I went over to her, knelling by the bed. I gazed up at Naminé sorrowfully. “What happened to her?” Alexa had bandages on her head and her elbows, and her clothes were a bit torn. Another set of clothes were hanging on the headboard, and were an exact copy of the clothes she wore now, except not beat up. A large, blue sword leaned on the wall next to the bed.
“I'm not sure.” Naminé replied, staring at the sword, “She hasn't shown any signs of awakening as of yet.”
I glanced back at Alexa for a moment, and then got up. “Please. Tell me what you want me to hear.”
 
Mandy: I'm done! Finally!
Demyx: -has an eye patch on his left eye- Good for you. -tries to cry, but can't-
Axel: Just shut up, Demyx. Her author powers are beyond your imagination. Xemnas is in the hospital right now because of them.
Mandy: Yes, so listen to Axel for once, Demyx. >:)
Roxas: Please R&R, your reviews will comfort Xemnas in the hospital, and help Demyx recover.
Xemnas (over “Ansem's” cell phone): No it won't!