Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Another Story ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another Story
Chapter 3
_________________________________
 
Leon stood at the outer ring of the barrier that that Heartless he'd only glimpsed had erected. He knew that Sora was inside that barrier, along with the two lackeys the King had sent, and along with that Heartless. Leon knew that that Heartless was powerful, he wasn't sure exactly how powerful, but he knew that with that Heartless being a Heartless, there was a very good chance that Leon himself would not be able to defeat the creature. But he also knew that the Keyblade was also the weapon that held the power to defeat the Heartless.
 
Nevertheless, Leon was worried. Sora had only been with them for a few hours. Sora was the one upon whom the future of the worlds depended. Sora was the one for whom Leon had given up death and the bleakness that he imagined to exist after the Heartless took you-not that he would have needed much prodding to do it anyways was besides the point. He had endured nine years of fighting endless enemies and creatures that he hadn't ever imagined existed just to help that boy. And Leon didn't know what he would do if the boy died. He felt along the barrier, feeling the solid wall that had never been there before, completely cutting off the Third District, it ran up higher than his hands could reach and when he pushed against the lower part of it with his boot, it connected with the hard surface.
 
In a sudden rush of anxiety, Leon reared back and punched the wall with all the strength he could, and his only reward was a throbbing pain in his hand. So he pulled back and let his aching hand hang at his side.
“He's in there, isn't he?” Aerith asked, coming to stand beside him. He looked over at her and her eyes were looking at him with a worried expression. Leon didn't say anything, only turned back to the looming wall.
 
It felt like they had stood there for an eternity, waiting for the barrier to fall, for the battle to be over. And then, it did. And Sora walked right towards them, the King's lackeys following behind. Sora grinned at them, and Leon was reminded of a grinning comrade that he used to know, back in another life, one that always grinned and smiled at him whenever they came out victorious. That same cheesy grin. Leon breathed out an unnoticed sigh and stepped forward.
 
Without much provocation, Sora had decided to go with the King's lac-uhm…Donald and Goofy, the King's friends, court wizard and military leader. They had said that they themselves were searching for the King, who had gone missing not too long ago. And the King had left them directions to come here to find Leon.
 
As if Leon would know where he was. He hadn't even heard from the guy in years and then he tells people to come and find him. Or maybe the King knew that Sora was here…but how? But Leon didn't feel like lamenting on the mysteries surrounding the King and his…eccentric…ways.
Sora and his newfound companions would leave tomorrow to search out other worlds for the King and Sora's friends, a girl named Kairi and a boy named Riku. But they had decided that they would stay here for the night, here in the very empty rooms of the hotel that Leon, Aerith, Yuffie and Cid had more or less taken over. Normally, Aerith and Yuffie shared a room and Cid and Leon each had their own room. Normally. As soon as dinner had been cooked and served (Aerith could make some good things when she tried-that time she'd used Leon as a guinea pig to test her experiments at creating new dishes and drinks was still fresh in his mind-and the soup/broth/watery roast thing that she had made actually wasn't all that bad), Leon had retreated to his room and then laid his claim on the shower.
 
When he got back to his room, he was surprised to find the other, normally empty bed in his room occupied. By Sora. The young teen smiled at him as he came in.
“I don't really know about sleeping around people I don't know,” he said simply.
“You don't know us,” Leon said, sitting on his own bed and looking at Sora from across the room. Sora shrugged.
“I kinda feel like I do.”
“'Kinda'?”
“Yeah, it's like I know you're all good guys.”
“Good guys?” Leon smiled. Sora nodded.
 
“What time are you leaving tomorrow?” Leon asked, for some reason feeling the need to make idle conversation, which was something he didn't do or feel very often.
“I dunno. Probably whenever we all wake up.”
“Guess you better get some sleep then,” Leon said, tossing Sora a pillow from his bed. He stood and went to flick the light switch off, hearing the rustling sound as Sora moved to under his covers.
“G'night, Leon,” Sora said, through a yawn. Leon found himself yawning as well.
“Good night, Sora.”
 
Almost as soon as Leon had begun to drift off, Sora's voice reached his ears.
“Hey, Leon?”
“Hm?”
“When we come back…will you train me?”
“Sure, Sora,” Leon yawned out again.
Of course I'm gonna add in my own scenes.
What's a fic if you don't put in your own scenes?