Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Clumsiness and Grace ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Clumsiness and Grace
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Kingdom Hearts characters, okay?
Zexion was used to Axel's bad habits. They had been best friends since they were kids and over the years, Zexion had become accustomed to all of Axel's habits. Now, after all those years, they were roommates. God help him if he knew why he agreed to room with Axel during the college years.
As it happened, Zexion kept several plants in the room because the only other thing they were allowed to have were fish and Axel was really bad at keeping fish alive, so Zexion bought plants instead. He would take care of them so Axel and his negligence wouldn't kill them. Zexion had grown very attached to his plants. Axel mocked him relentlessly for it, but Zexion didn't care. He knew Axel meant well. He kept two of the smaller plants on the windowsill and he kept the third and largest on top of his printer. It didn't get much sunlight there, so from time to time, Zexion moved the plant to the windowsill during the daytime when it was sunny so it could get some sunlight (another thing Axel mocked him for). He would have kept the plant on the windowsill all the time, but it was very large and if it was sitting on the windowsill, the blinds wouldn't close and Zexion couldn't sleep with the blinds open. For one thing, there was a light right outside their window that turned on when it was dark that shone right through and for another, they were right by the path that lead to the other buildings where classes were held and right next to the bike rack. It made Zexion nervous to have people (especially drunks) looking in at their room at night so he insisted the blinds be closed at night.
Zexion was watching a movie on rocks for his Earth Science class, which was not very interesting, and Axel was preoccupied with whatever the hell he did. Zexion didn't ask. But it was getting late and he had to finish the movie for his class the next morning.
“Axel, can you do me a favor?” he asked. “Can you move my cactus from the windowsill to on top of my printer?”
“Why can't you do it?” came Axel's response.
“Because I need to finish this movie by tomorrow and it's almost time for the drunks to come out.” Zexion rolled his eyes.
“It serves you right for spending so much time with Demyx.” Axel smirked.
Zexion flushed. He had spent a long time with his boyfriend Demyx, but he had been so busy over the past few weeks that he had neglected his boyfriend.
“Axel please. Just move the plant.”
“Fine, fine.” Axel gave in.
Smiling, Zexion turned to his movie once again. He had put it off because he knew it wasn't going to be interesting. How interesting could a movie on rocks be? Now he was paying for it.
He turned when he heard Axel mutter, “uh-oh.” It was a word he had come to associate with his red-haired friend, but hearing Axel say that always made him slightly nervous.
He turned just in time to see Axel stumble backwards over his backpack which was near the window, Zexion's cactus in his hand. For one heart-wrenching second, Zexion thought Axel was going to drop his prized cactus, a cactus that had been a gift from his grandmother, but the redhead managed to regain his balance and moved the potted plant to its original place without missing a beat.
“There,” he said proudly. “No problem.”
Zexion rolled his eyes and went back to his movie.
End
A/N: Well that was completely pointless. This happened to me, sort of. It was just me. I was moving my cactus that my grandma gave me from the windowsill and tripped over my backpack but somehow managed to stay balanced. It's a miracle considering I'm one of the clumsiest people on the planet. And the rock thing was from my roommate—she had to watch a movie on rocks for her Earth Science class. Poor girl. Hope that was at least a little bit amusing. It was a lot longer than I thought it'd be.