Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Endless Supply ❯ Gone ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This takes place after the second game. I own the plot and … actually I think that's it. So sit back, read, and review! Reviews make me feel loved and that prompts me to update.
Endless Supply
Chapter 1 -- Gone
Brling! Brling! The sound of a working security system had long ago become white noise to the citizens of Radiant Gardens. Though there was no reason to keep it active, it was still functional just in case. Heartless were still around, they would never go away, but they posed now threat. They could only be found lurking alleys and abandoned buildings by those looking for them. And who would go looking for those things? They did not attack others, seek out hearts, or appear in more than pair at a time since the defeat of Origination XIII. Just to keep their skills up, Yuffie, Cloud, and Leon would clean up the world once a week.
Today all were enjoying a day in the market. Somehow Cloud had gotten himself talked into buying Aerith some ice cream. The task was so unnatural for him that she couldn't help but laugh. Yuffie was looking over the items at the accessory shop and Leon was having a materials synthesized buy the Moogles.
“It's not funny!” came Donald's voice over Sora's laughter from the direction of the bailey.
Laughing too hard to come up with a reply Leon heard Goofy respond since Sora seemed unable to.
“A garwsh Donald, Sora just needs some practice.”
At this point the Restoration Committee all exchanged smiles. Something always happened when those three came to visit.
“I didn't realize the spell Merlin taught me could do that!” Sora defended himself, “But I do have to say, pink --- ”
The abrupt stop of the joyful conversation and the sound of two bodies hitting cement caused Yuffie, Cloud, and Leon to grab their weapons and rush over. Aerith checked her pockets for potions and hurried to buy more when she only pulled out one. Hearing Cloud spit out the name of his nemesis caused her rush toward the group, her arms and pockets filled with mega potions she was in to much of a hurry to pay for.
Sora was being held by hostage by Sephiroth, the dark angel's long, slender sword at his throat. It was obvious that the metal was too close for comfort; a small tributary of blood was starting on its way down Sora's neck. Despite having called the Keyblade, no move was made to use it.
When Aerith came abreast with the other three Sephiroth produced a needle in his other hand and thrust it into the side of Sora's neck. His eyes widened at impact, then rolled up into his head as his eyelids closed. The rest of his body slumped into Sephiroth's waiting arm.
“He's our now,” the villain said as he smashed a vial on the ground and disappeared.
“NOO!” Leon cried in fury, charging at the vacated space. Upon reaching it the gunblade wielder found an outlet for his emotions as a brigade of heartless materialized. Between Cloud and Leon's frustration, not even Xemnas would have had a chance.
Aerith had tossed a health drink to Yuffie with instruction to find and heal Goofy and Donald. She had not seen either of them on her arrival and was sickenedly reminded of the sound of bodies she had heard.
As Yuffie went right, she headed left and found Donald Duck on top of the pipes unconscious. She could not help but smile as she healed the duck. What ever spell Merlin had tried to teach Sora, she was sure this was an unwanted result. Donald was now a bight neon pick from head to foot. On top of that, Aerith could also see some scattered pink peacock feathers strewn about on Donald's body with three brilliant specimens for a tail. Her smile disappeared as the duck woke up and she was remembering the seriousness of the matter. The first words out of his mouth were “Where's Sora?”
Aerith hung her head. “He's gone,” she said to the hand folded in her lap.
“Gone?! Then we have to find him!” the mage jumped to his feet and headed over the security system controls. Yuffie could be seen helping Goofy to his feet.
“Donald! We have to get Sora back!” the castle guard cried as his friend came running over.
“I know! Come on, let's go!” and the two turning quickly to head toward Merlin's house.
Aerith joined Yuffie in time to hear her comment and smile a little, “Ooo, that had to hurt.”
The pair had run into Cloud and Leon, blades on one shoulder, and immovable as the Olympus Coliseum.
“You're not going anywhere,” Cloud commanded.
“But we gotta save--!”
“Donald,” Leon interrupted, “Sora is the keyblade master. I'm sure he'll be fine. What we need right now is a plan.”
“We should check on the princesses.” Aerith suggested. “With them Maleficent could unlock Kingdom Hearts. Sora stopped her, but if someone were to have their and Sora's hearts…” she tailed off, not wanting to travel down that road.
“Not someone, someones.” Yuffie stuck in. “He said `He's ours now' so Sephiroth is working with someone.”
“Who's still around?” Leon asked Donald and Goofy.
The pair looked at each other, and the simultaneous light bulbs were so bright everyone squinted. “Maleficent!”
“I thought you guy took care of her!” Yuffie exclaimed.
“Well we did,” Goofy opened his arms out in a kind of shrug, “but she came back and helped us by taking care of the Heartless while we went on to tackle the Organization.”
“She wanted the castle!” Donald interjected, “since she couldn't have this one. We never went back after fighting Xemnas. We all landed at Destiny Islands! I bet she's the one!” Donald was getting feisty, jumping and brandishing his staff.
Cloud placed a hand on his head. “Don't jump to conclusions and calm down.”
“Villains aside,” Leon sighed, “I agree with Aerith that you should go check up on the princesses. If they are taken too…the Queen might take them in at Disney Castle. So Donald, Goofy, you do that. I'll write the King, and we'll go from there. Don't worry,” he added seeing the helpless looks on their faces. “I'm sure Sora will be fine when we reach him.”
“Come on Donald,” Goofy placed an arm around his pal's shoulders, “We can trust Leon.”
“I know but,”
Aerith got down to the mage's level. “Sora will be fine,” she said with a smile, “I'm sure of it. Once you get back we can go look for him, kay?”
Donald sighed in defeat, as did everyone when against her. How did Cloud deal with it? “Okay, come on Goofy! Let's hurry up!”
“Coming!” his partner yelled as he followed the duck to Merlin's home to return to the ship.
After the pair rounded the corner Cloud stated still watching the point they disappeared, “you don't think Sora's okay do you?”
“No,” Aerith replied, a tremor evident in her voice, “I don't. I feel something bad has happened. It won't be easy getting him back.”
“Doesn't mean we won't try,” Yuffie came up and wrapped her friend in a one armed hug. “Come on, you look like you need some tea.”
As the girls walked away, Leon sifted his gaze upwards and asked “Cloud? Think you can ask Tron for any information that could prove useful?”
“Sure,” and the blonde left Lionheart to his own thoughts.
Leon's features wrinkled into self loathing, how could he allow that to happen? He should have gone to meet them when he first heard Sora's laughter, should have moved instead being frozen till the boy's collapse forced him to move, should have told Yuffie to throw her stars at him, but she had been frozen as well. So had Cloud, who new all to well what his polar opposite was capable of. It Cloud had been frozen stiff, it was understand able he had been too. But that was not acceptable! Leon chastised himself. Sighing he set about the task of doing what he could to get the boy everyone loved back safe.