Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Eye of the Storm ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(character profiles are now at the end of chapters)

And a quick reminder about the 4 OC's in this story:

Skylar Strifehart (16-years-old) (Leon and Cloud's daughter)

Sorika Kagi (15-years-old) (Riku and ? 's daughter)

Nerina (14-years-old) and Andrew (15-years-old) Tillmitt (Tidus and Selphie's daughter and son)

Disclaimer: I don't own Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy. I do, however, own Nerina, Andrew, Sorika, Skylar, and any other OC's made up for the purpose of this fanfiction.

Chapter 3

Two days after the meeting Cloud, Leon, Aerith, Skylar, Yuffie, Haruko, Nerina, Andrew, Selphie, Tidus, Riku, and Sorika are gathered at the port waiting on the ship for Hollow Bastion and the ship for Destiny Island. Cloud, Leon, Aerith, and Skylar are there to go to Hollow Bastion while the Tillmitt family has decided to leave early to go to Destiny Island on Yuffie’s orders. Yuffie, Haruko, Riku, and Sorika are just there to see them off.

“I’m going to miss you so so so so so so so so so soooo much! Promise me we’ll call one another every day and write letters back and forth!” Nerina exclaims, hugging Sorika tightly.

Sorika tries to pry Nerina’s arm off from around her neck, her face beginning to turn red. “‘Rina, can’t breath.” She chokes out.

Nerina gasps and lets go. “I’m so sorry!!!”

“Jeez, you make it sound like she’s your lover and you’ll never see her again or something.” Andrew comments. He holds up his hands defensively when Nerina glares at him. “I’m just kidding!”

“That’s not funny, Andrew.” Nerina says, her eyes narrow.

Andrew shrugs and looks around for an excuse to get away from his little sister. He finds his usual excuse in the form of Haruko and hurries over to talk to her.

“Jerk. He’ll never grow up.” Nerina grumbles, glaring at her brother’s back.

Sorika remains silent, looking anywhere except in Andrew and Haruko’s direction.

//Ship 102 bound for Destiny Island is now boarding.// The woman on the intercom says. //Again, ship 102 bound for Destiny Island is now boarding.//

“That’s us, kids!” Selphie says excitedly. “I can’t wait to get home! It feels like it’s been ages.”

Tidus lays a hand on Selphie’s shoulder, hoping the simple motion might help her calm down. “Selphie, it’s only been two years.” He reminds her.

Like usual, a simple motion or gesture won’t calm down Selphie once she gets excited. If anyone ever wondered where Nerina gets her hyperactivity, they would only have to look at her mother and the question would be answered.

The Tillmitt’s say their goodbyes and go board their ship, leaving Yuffie, Riku, and Sorika to wait with Cloud, Leon, Aerith, and Skylar as they wait to board their ship.

Haruko spends the remaining time getting last minute instructions form her mom, Aerith, while Yuffie talks to Clod, Leon, and Riku and Skylar and Sorika stand in silence for a few minutes.

“Hey Sorika.” Skylar speaks up unsurely.

“Yes?”

“If…” Skylar hesitates. “If you need someone to talk to this summer, just give me a call, okay? If no one picks up then leave a message and I’ll call you back when I get a chance.”

Sorika looks up at her friend and smiles. “Thanks Sky. That means a lot to me. You’ll be the first I call if I need anyone.”

//Flight 314 bound for Hollow Bastion is now boarding. I repeat….//

“See you, Skylar.” Sorika says, awkwardly giving the Strifehart girl a hug. “And stay safe.”

Skylar grins and ruffles Sorika’s hair, something she rarely does anymore. “You too, squirt. And don’t cause too much mayhem.”

Sorika laughs. “Me? Cause mayhem? Well, maybe a little.” She says jokingly, trying to make Skylar laugh.

It sort of works.

Skylar chuckles. “I believe that.” She takes hold of her luggage and easily lifts it up. “Bye Sorika.”

“Bye.” Sorika waves as her friend joins her two dads and Aerith and goes to board the ship.

“Nothing more to do here.” Yuffie comments. “We’d better get back to the school though. I left Cid in charge and the last time I did that he made little kids cry.”

0-0-0

Days pass by slowly for Sorika without the company of her friends. The two final school days are the worst since there’s no work with which she can distract herself. In fact, the only two classes that go by quickly are her martial arts class and her swordsmanship class.

And then school’s out and she’s left with virtually nothing to do. Instead of going to the arcade, the beach, and all of the usual summer hangouts she signs up for summer martial arts and swordsmanship classes.

When not in her classes she’s at home with her dad just spending time with him playing cards and board games. When Riku is off doing something for Yuffie she sits up in her room writing in her journal trying to figure out how she can find out who her mom is. Other times she goes outside to work on her martial arts moves, using an old punching bag her and Skylar hung from a tree branch.

0-0-0

Over on Destiny Island, Nerina and Andrew are busy catching up with their friends and preparing for the summer camp they’re going to. Selphie and Tidus are catching up with old friends as well and they’re also relaxing and enjoying their vacation.

Like always, Destiny Island is peaceful.

0-0-0

Over in Hollow Bastion things are a little more exciting. While Leon, Cloud, and Aerith are getting caught up on what’s going on by Tifa and Kairi, Skylar is enjoying the chance to sleep in a little and hang out with her younger brother and her old friends. Not that they actually give her a chance to sleep in.

The door to Skylar’s bedroom slowly opens and in steps a boy with wild red hair. He’s dressed entirely in black and has two black triangular marks beneath his green eyes. He slowly steps across the room, making sure to avoid the creaking spots in the floors until he’s right beside her bed. After watching Skylar’s even breathing for a moment, he smirks.

“Skyyyyyylaarrrrrr!” He whispers. “It’s time to… WAKE UP!!!!” With a yell he jumps onto the bed, sending Skylar flying up into the air with a scream.

Skylar lands heavily on the bed, her hair a mess and the blankets all tangled up in her legs. “AXEL FIREHAVEN I’M GOING TO MURDER YOU!!!” She screams once she sees whom it is sitting beside her.

Axel quickly tosses a blanket over Skylar’s head and takes off running for the door and down the stairs, all the while laughing like a madman. Skylar quickly throws the blanket to the side and gives chase, her blue eyes murderous.

Downstairs Roxas, Namimé, Reno, Demyx, and Zexion calmly play a game of cards and ignore the screaming and cursing from upstairs as Skylar tackles Axel in the hallway and Axel makes some perverted comment that makes Skylar smack him. They’re all completely used to things like this happening. That’s only normal after even just a year of knowing Axel and Skylar. Knowing the two best friends for more than five years however, means the humor of it all has worn off.

“What are you doing?! Don’t touch that! Wh- AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!”

With several loud thumps and the sound of something hitting the wall, Axel and Skylar roll down the stairs together and land in a tangled heap at the bottom.

“My leg.” Axel groans. “I can’t feel it. Sky, get off.”

“Shut up, idiot.” Skylar growls. “This is all your fault.”

“It is not!”

Reno rakes his eyes over Skylar’s nightgown clad body. “Nice PJ’s, Skylar.”

Skylar automatically shoves Axel off of herself and turns bright red. “Shut up, Reno!” She yells, tugging down the silk dress-like garment. Giving Axel a quick whack in the back of the head, Skylar scrambles to her feet and rushes up the stairs to change into something more suitable.

“You’re all a bunch of perverts.” Namimé comments, laying down her cards. “And I win. Pay up, boys.”

A round of sighs of exasperation go around the table as the guys toss money into the middle of the table. Namimé gleefully collects the money and arranges it in a neat pile. Then she gathers up the cards and skillfully shuffles them. “So what next?”

0-0-0

Back in Destiny Garden Sorika is outside in the courtyard at school warming up for her morning swordsmanship lesson. She expertly swings the sword at an invisible opponent, the blade glinting in the morning sun. Bandages are wrapped from her wrists up to her elbows and she’s wearing a short-sleeved white gi top. The pants of her gi are of normal length.

Over on the side of the courtyard the few people she takes lessons with are busy stretching out and taking experimental swipes with their swords to see if they need to stretch out more or take it easy that day.

When most of the class, which is made up of about 7 people, is out warming up Cid finally makes his appearance with his spear.

“Sorika! Yuffie wants to see you in her office.” Cid says, ignoring the way the other students start snickering when they hear that. “The rest of you are already in for a day of Hell, so I wouldn’t laugh.” That shuts them up.

Sorika sighs and sheathes her sword before she walks out of the courtyard without another word. Since it’s summer she runs into no one as she enters the building and travels through the halls and up the winding staircase to Yuffie’s office. It takes her ten minutes just to get through the building and up the stairs to her office where she knocks on the door.

“Come in!” Yuffie says loudly.

Sorika twists the familiar brass doorknob and steps into the large office to see that Yuffie isn’t alone. Standing in front of the raven-haired woman’s desk is a man around Riku’s age who has spiky brown hair. His clothes are simple and look easy to move around in and if it wasn’t for the heavy looking travel pack over his shoulder, he would look like a teacher at Destiny Gardens. When he turns around to look at her, Sorika can see that he has blue eyes.

“Sorika, this is Sora. He’ll be training you in a special branch of swordsmanship starting today.” Yuffie says.

0-0-0-0-0-0

New Characters-

Axel Firehaven (the original Axel's "reincarnate" of sorts.)

Age: 16

Eye color: green

Hair color: red

Hairstyle: spiky, sort of long

Axel (along with his older brother Reno) has been Skylar's friend since they were babies. Born on the same day that she was, the two have always celebrated their birthday together. Because he's known Skylar for so long, he gets away with teasing her more than everyone else (except maybe Reno, who she has known just as long). While he likes fire and lighting things and people on fire, there is one thing he likes more and that is Roxas. Funnily enough, everyone except Roxas knows it and Axel doesn't think anyone except Reno (who stole his "journal") knows that he likes the little blonde.

Reno Firehaven

Age: 18 1/2

Eye color: (not really sure, but I'm going to say "green")

Hair color: Red

Hairstyle: spiky looking in the front, but long and tied back in a low ponytail

He's Axel's rather lazy older brother who doesn't manage to drive Skylar temporarily insane whenever he's around her. It's when he teases Axel that the trouble starts because then something either explodes, gets lit on fire, or both. Unlike his younger brother, Reno doesn't have control over fire or any other element. He's not completely defenseless though, as he can be found wielding bats (when he was younger it was sticks) and a retractable metal rod he got on his 18th birthday. One interesting thing is the golden necklace he wears around his neck from which a heart-shaped locket hangs. (More on that later)

Roxas Strifehart

Age: 13

Eye color: sky blue

Hair color: blonde

Hairstyle: spiky

Leon and Cloud adopted him when he was 4 after Skylar met him and begged them to adopt him. He fits right in with them to the point everyone assumes he and Skylar are blood-related. At first he just hung out with Namimé and Skylar, finding Axel too crazy, Reno too lazy, Demyx too loud, and Zexion... too Zexion. But then the first stages of Axel's little crush began and the redhead started hugging Roxas whenever he got the chance. It was either try to hide from the crazy pyro or put up with it, and Roxas decided to put up with it. By this point in the story he gets along with all of them, and you were to ask he'd say Namimé, Axel, and Skylar are his best friends.

Namimé Kokoro
Age: 14

Eye color: light blue

Hair color: blonde

Hairstyle: shoulder length

Looking like she'd fit in perfectly with the Strifehart’s, Namimé is possibly the sanest of the Hollow Bastion group and is the daughter of Kairi. She's been learning how to do minor healing since she was 11, which comes in handy with all the scuffles her friends get in. She was the second person to meet Roxas and so she's the one he goes to when Skylar is in Destiny Garden. She's also really good at cards and never fails to beat the guys.

Demyx Kaiyou
Age: 16

Eye color: sea green

Hair color: blonde

Hairstyle: spiked up on top a little, but the rest of it falls a little past his ears

He met Axel and Skylar in 1st grade when some bully took his miniature sitar. Skylar told off the bully and got the mini sitar back while Axel and Demyx watched in surprise. They've been friends ever since. He hates it when everyone gets into serious fights, but finds the little scuffles and arguments they (usually it's Skylar, Axel, Reno, or Roxas in some way or another) get into funny. Now he owns a full-sized sitar and takes great pleasure in playing it and singing for his friends.

Zexion Kage

Age: 18

Eye color: blue-gray

Hair color: dark blue

Hairstyle: bangs fall in eyes, cut around ears
Zexion is easily the quietest and least argumentive of the group. Some of the time they wonder why he hangs out with them, but Skylar and Axel think they have it figured out (Axel figured it out first). The reason he hangs out with them is simple: Demyx. Or it could be because Skylar and Axel practically dragged him into their group. Zexion can usually be found reading or concentrating on casting small illusions for Demyx's entertainment. There's been a few times he's been caught staring at Demyx.

0-0-0

Shiro: The first sentence in the first paragraph... ugg... somebody shoot me.

Xigbar: Okay!

Shiro: NOT LITERALLY!!!!

Xigbar: (disappointedly puts down his gun)

Shiro: Stupid Nobody...

Demyx: (looks sadly at Shiro)

Shiro: Demy, what's wro-- oh. I'M SO SORRY! (glomps Demyx) I didn't want to kill you in the game, I really didn't! You're too cute!

Bast: You did so want to kill him! You got all competitive on Seto-chan and just had to defeat him the first time against him.

Demyx: (whimpers) You- you- I hate you! (runs off)

Shiro: (to Bast) See! Now look what you've gone and done! (runs after Demyx) Demy-kun! I'm sorry!!!

Xigbar: Jeez, and you guys think the Organization's messed up?

Bast: (gives Xigbar the patented 'yami glare)

Xigbar: (gulps) I'll just be leaving now. (flees)

(from backstage- Demyx: Dance water, dance!

Shiro: (laughs) Yay!)

Bast: (groans) Not another dance off...

(Keitaro: Your water won't beat me this time, water-boy!

Demyx: Bring it on, yankee!

Shiro: Dance off! Dance off!)

Bast: (hurries backstage for damage control)

Reviews feed plot kitties! (yes, they're plot kitties now. Plot bunnies are evil.)