Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Glass ❯ Glass ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

GLASS .

I'll just smile while you look in
 
ONE : SHOT
 
“Okay, now Selphie, can you ever remember being sad?” Wrapped in a white coat, and equipped with a clipboard, the physiologist asked. Selphie moved her thumb about, not sure if she could answer the question, but continued on playing with her thumb. The woman before her was the cleanest person she'd ever seen. Her hair was tightly put into a bun with not even one stray hair. There were no jagged edges of her hair; an absolutely clean cut. Her features were as sharp as a point, and her wardrobe was as safe as well… a physiologists would be.
 
She thought about answering for a second and quickly looked away. She played with her fingers, calculating. How long had she been here? She did the problem on her hands: there was no calculator and she had never been good in math. Finally with the answer she turned away from the figure persisting that she shares her life. “Three years.” She mumbled.
 
Finally the woman gave up on her previous question only to scratch it off and ask another. “Do you remember… a boy?” The woman dressed so colorless it makes her sick, Selphie decided. Selphie flipped her chestnut hair out of her hand, tilting her head. The woman had to be more specific.
 
Which boy?” So she asked. Selphie paid no mind to the vagueness of the woman. The woman didn't know a thing about Selphie Tilmitt and she probably never would, even with several hours of probing through her life.
 
“I believe his name was- tidus?” Selphie flinched a bit, but didn't let the woman see. Of course she remembered! Selphie was even sure the woman knew that she remembered. Selphie turned up a smile, and her voice turned up to her high-pitched octave. “…Nope!” She replied anyways. The glasses that rested on the woman's nose fell a bit. She then promptly pulled them off and grabbed her clipboard.
 
“All right, then that is it for today, Selphie.” And with that she's gone. There's only one window in the room, which hardly lets in any light. There are no colors, no flowers- no yellow. Everything is white. She closed her eyes so she wouldn't cry. She rolled over to her bed and lazily plopped herself on. Her parents used to visit her twice a week… but twice a week had turned into once a week, and then once a week into, if she was lucky, once every three months. She rolls herself up into a ball.
 
Kairi, Sora, Wakka and everyone else used to visit her to, frequently. Now, it's only as they say, “If they have the chance.” She hated them for it, but her hate doesn't last very long.
 
Finally Selphie laid back. It's night already and another day where she hasn't been out in the sun passes again. There are times when they get a glimpse or are even permitted outside but once she begins to smile, she's back inside again. Once again, a little bit of Selphie is chipped away.
 
She knows why she is here, but she won't let them on that she knows.
Every time someone asks: “Do you remember?” She just smiles and says, “Nope.”
 
It's just too bad that she'll never forget.
 
 
 
x x x
 
 
Another sunny day at the islands pursued. As usual Selphie played queen for the day, and Tidus was her servant. He made her lemonade, cleaned her room and did anything to please her majesty. In truth, Tidus never minded playing along with her. Being around Selphie was never as bad as he said.
 
For her last commandment of the day, and her most important of the day she screams to Tidus, “Tidus, will you get me paopu?” She smiles. He smiles, and nods. He just tells her to wait on the doc, and so she does. She waits for a few minutes, and then a little longer. Realizing that already fifteen minutes had passes. Selphie walks her way to outstretch, linked by the bridge where the best Paopu's are located.
 
“Tidus,” Selphie growls as she sees he isn't there. He's probably hiding on the ladder. “You'd better not be planning on scaring me.” She smiles and looks over the edge to the latter. Only, he isn't there. She looks around the tiny island and something in her stomach lurches. She widens her eyes when she sees a body in the water.. It was Tidus.
 
Selphie immediately screams. Then she screams for help. “WAKKA! RIKU! SORA! SOMEONE! ANYONE!” She gets into the water herself rushing to the body, when she realizes that just like Tidus… she can't swim.
 
There's more than three feet of water above her head, and she blacks out.
 
The only thing she can recollect afterwards is becoming conscious on a stretched, and all she has time to say is: “It's all my fault.”
 
She blacks out.
 
x x x
 
She shakes her head of the offel memory. When she first woke up is when she was in the hospital, and she heard the doctor explain to Tidus' parents. “From the abrasions on this ankles and hands, he probably fell from the tree or the edge. By the time we got there, it was already to late.”
 
 
Once she was recovered and the doctor called in physiologists they had diagnosed her and admitted her behind the glass.
 
 
x x x
 
The clean woman is there again today, and asks her first question. “Do you remember a boy named Tidus?”
 
It's a lucky day for her today, she it told. Her parents have come to visit. Selphie isn't stupid, she can see
them from behind the glass separating each other.
 
She smiles to them from her side of the glass. And simply replies,
 
“Nope!”
 
m i s c e l l a n e o u s :
Okay! I was reading Caitlan's
New fic when I remember, I had
this halfway done. The whole physc
ward that Naminé was in made me remember.
So anyways this goes out to Caitlan.
Consider it a late Birthday Present!
 
N i n j a - B u t t e r f l i i e
 
R e a d & R e v i e w