Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hating Riku Tanaka ❯ I like him ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Kingdom Hearts I, II or CoM. Tetsuya Nomura does.
 
Warnings: Sexual references, shounen-ai, bad words again. Yay.
 
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXCOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
 
Riku leaned above Sora, his long silver tresses falling over his broad pale shoulders like water. His aquamarine-green eyes glittered with love and lust, and his plush, pink lips were pulled back into a lazy smirk. Sora lay beneath him, his body quivering with excitement, as he stared up at the older-by-three-months teen.
 
“R--Riku…” Sora stuttered, unsure of what to do. Riku seemed to sense this, because he leaned down, and rubbing his bare chest against Sora's equally naked torso, said, “It's alright. I'll show you what to do”
 
Sora shuddered, and nodded. He felt Riku's large, warm hands trail over his chest, flicking an erect nipple, before trailing lower. Sora's eyes widened in shock as he arched against Riku's hand, hissing in pleasure. Riku smiled, and whispered in Sora's ear, “Do you like it?”
 
Sora moaned in response, and Riku turned and pressed his lips against Sora's, gently mouthing the words, “I love you” against the twin lips.
 
“…” Sora shot forward, eyes wide in shock, and his mouth open. Finally, the scream that had wanted to escape did.
 
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Sora screeched, slamming his hand over his eyes in an attempt to erase the image of the gorgeous pale body from his mind.
 
“WHAZZAT?! SORA! WHO'S BEING MURDERED BY A LIGHTBULB?!” The door to his room flung open, and Leon burst in, his steel grey eyes still glazed over from sleep. His normally perfectly layered hair was a mess, and he was in naught but a pair of blue boxers. In his hand he held his gunblade, the other Cloud's buster sword. Said Cloud appeared behind his lover, wiping sleep from his electric-blue eyes. He was absolutely buggered, seeing as how they just got off the plane from Radiant Garden last night. And one can't expect to get much sleep on a plane. Cloud blinked, and took in his frazzled boyfriend, the shock-still little half-brother of his frazzled boyfriend, and came to a conclusion.
 
“When did the corn attack?” He mumbled. Aerith, who was being followed Roxas, walked up behind Cloud, and said, smiling, “I don't think there was any corn, Cloud. You and Leon go back to bed”
 
Leon blinked, and sighing grumpily grasped Cloud's wrist and dragged him out of Sora's room, down the hall and into his own, where they promptly slammed the door. Aerith smiled nervously, and turned to look at Sora.
 
“Sora, close your mouth” She said, watching in mild amusement as Sora starting to stammer, “I…he…sex…wonderful…pretty…disgusting&# 8230;gah…Tanaka…”
 
Both Roxas and Aerith blinked at the same time, before uttering, “What was that about Riku?”
 
Sora froze, and turned to look at them. He rubbed the back of his neck, and stuttered, “Riku? What about Riku? I mean, hey, I hate the guy! Ah ha ha ha!”
 
Aerith shook her head, and said, “I'm going back to bed. It's six AM, and I need to be up in an hour. Roxas, I suggest you go back to bed too” And she turned about, and trekked down the hall, stopping to tell her worrying mother that Sora was fine.
 
Roxas, meanwhile, raised a slim blonde eyebrow, and smirking said, “So, you were having a wet dream about Riku. Are you sure you hate him?”
 
Roxas got a pillow to the face, and Sora's shout of, “GET THE FUCK OUT!”
 
X-X-X
 
“A sexual dream is an indication of one's life force, the abundance of one's creativity and curiosity. It is also indicative of one's desire to incorporate the strengths of the other person and to deepen your relationship with that person” Sora read out loud to himself in the empty, secluded library.
 
He was surrounded by a heap of dream guides, and had flipped through every one of them, trying to find something that would justify his dream. Except so far the books had said that he wanted to get closer to Riku, or that he was sexually frustrated, and that Riku was the one he was frustrated with. Needless to say, poor Sora's brain was working over-time. He threw the book he had just read out of behind his back and onto the pile, and grabbed a new one. He looked up sex on the index page, and flipped through to the page.
 
“Sex is a prevalent image in dreams and dream mythology. Many interpreters believe that sexual symbols represent the union between a person's male and female energies” Sora read. He stopped, mentally cursing his father for looking so girlish, and read on.
 
“A dream of a sexual act may reflect the joining of the complementary and but contrasting sides of the self, signifying the integration of the dreamer's conscious and unconscious. Sexual dreams are often reflections of sexual desire or of past positive sexual encounters”
 
Sora blinked, and wondered why these books had to use such big words. He grabbed a dictionary, and looked up `prevalent' and `integration'. After decoding the words, he let out a frustrated sigh, and groaned, “That doesn't tell me anything!”
 
“What doesn't tell you anything?”
 
Sora eeped, and jumping up spun around. Riku stood there, his book bag slung over one shoulder, head cocked to the side and a predatory smirk on his lips. Sora felt his face explode in red, for the images of the dream came rushing back. He gulped, and stuttered, “N--nothing, T--anaka…just go away”
 
Riku raised an eyebrow, and said, “What? No jerk? No bastard? Jeez. You sick or something?”
 
Sora shook his head furiously, and glanced up. He blinked, and his blue eyes looked at the large purple mark on Riku's forehead.
 
“What's that?” Sora asked, pointing towards the large bruise. Riku blinked, and said, “What's what?”
 
“The over-sized bruise on your head, idiot” Sora replied. Riku raised a hand to his forehead, and gingerly touched the large purple blotch. He winced, and said, “Tsk. Dad got pissed, if you must know. What the hell are you doing in the library anyway? Trying to find porn?”
 
Sora glared, pushing away the visage of Riku's pale chest, and snapped, “No, moron. Doing research for our assignment”
 
Riku snorted. “Really? Then what the hell is with the abundance of dream decoders?”
 
“I was…just looking up last night's dream…” Sora replied. Riku gave him a `Liar-liar-pants-on-fire' look, but didn't push it. “Yeah. Whatever. Well, here,” Riku said, and he promptly opened his book bag and pulled forth several books. He thrust them into Sora's arms, earning him a `Bastard' remark.
 
“What? They're books on the guy we're doing” Riku sighed. He walked over to the couch Sora had been situated on, and pushed all of the dream books out of the way. He plopped onto the plush seat, and pulled out a notebook and a pen from his bag. “You read, I write,” He told Sora. Sora glared, and joined Riku on the couch. He grabbed the first book, and opening it, started, “Hajime Saito (February 18, 1844 - September 28, 1915) was the captain of the third unit of the Shinsengumi, and one of the few core members who survived the numerous wars of the late shogunate period. Saito was born in Edo, Musashi Province (now Tokyo). Very little is known about his early life. He was born Yamaguchi Hajime to Yamaguchi Yuusuke, an Akashi foot soldier, and Yamaguchi Masu. He had an older brother named Hiroaki and an older sister named Katsu. It is believed that in 1862, he left Edo, after accidentally killing a hatamoto, to live in Kyoto”
 
Sora glanced over to Riku, watching as Riku scribbled down the words. He couldn't help but notice how Riku's tongue stuck out of his mouth, or the way his brow furrowed in concentration. Something warm blossomed in his chest, and he shivered lightly. This warmth, this wonderful new feeling that was like and not like the one that ran through his gut at times like this, was absolutely perfect.
 
He then felt the blunt tip of a pen poking his side, and he blinked. Riku sat there, watching him with interest. “You ok?” Riku asked. But Sora didn't hear him. No, he was far too busy staring at Riku's aquamarine-green eyes, which were showing utter peace, joy, and something else Sora couldn't quite identify.
 
“Sora?” Riku asked again. Sora shook his head, and gasping said, “You called me Sora!”
 
“Well, isn't that your name?” Riku smirked. Sora rolled his eyes, and answered, “Psh. Whatever. As a member of the Shinsengumi, Saito was said to be an introvert and a mysterious person; a common description of his personality says he `was not a man predisposed to small talk.' His original position within the Shinsengumi was Fukuchou Jokin, which roughly translates to "Assistant to the Vice-Commander." His duties included being a kenjutsu instructor. Despite prior connections to Aizu, his descendants dispute that he served as a spy.
 
“His role as an internal spy for the Shinsengumi is also questionable; one common example being that he is said to have been instructed to join Ito KashitarÅ's splinter group in 1867, to spy on them. However, this is disputed by Abe Juro, who did not believe he was a spy. It is probable that he also monitored other intelligence and enemy activity. His controversial reputation comes from accounts that he executed several corrupt members of the Shinsengumi; however, rumors vary as to his role in the deaths Takeda KanryÅ«sai and Tani Mijuro.
 
“In the reorganization of the ranks in late 1864, he was first assigned as the fourth (military) troop captain. In Nishihonganji on April 1865 he was assigned as the third (special police) troop captain. Saito was considered to be on the same level as the first troop captain Okita Soji and the second troop captain Nagakura Shinpachi. Together with the rest of the Shinsengumi, he became a hatamoto in 1867.
 
“During the Boshin War (1868-1869), due to Hijikata Toshizo's injuries, Saito became the commander of the Aizu Shinsengumi around May 26, 1868 under the name Yamaguchi Jiro (which he had used since late 1867). When Hijikata decided to retreat from Aizu, Saito parted with Hijikata and continued to fight with the Aizu army until the very end of the Battle of Aizu. This parting account was recorded in Taniguchi Shirobee's diary, where it was recorded as an occurrence between Ootori Keisuke, whom Hijikata requested to take command of the Shinsengumi; thus the said confrontation was not with Hijikata.
 
“However, questions regarding this parting remain because the plans at the time did not yet call for a retreat from Aizu and go to Sendai, and the dates of Saito's appearance in Buddha Hall conflict. Saito, along with the few remaining men of the Shinsengumi who went with him, fought in Buddha Hall, where they were outnumbered. It was at Buddha Hall that Saito Hajime (Yamaguchi Jirou) was thought to have been killed in action; however, he managed to get back to Aizu and was enlisted under the Phoenix Troop. After Aizuwakamatsu Castle had fallen, Saito travelled southwest to Takada Han, Echigo where he was under penitence as a prisoner of war and on record as Ichinose Denpachi.”
 
“Whoa, whoa! Slow down!” Riku muttered, hastily writing the words. “Stop giving me his Shinsengumi history. We need his family history first,” Riku added. Sora snorted, and flipped through to the page Riku wanted.
 
“His wife's original name was Takagi Sada. His eldest son Tsutomu, was married to a very kind girl named Nashino Midori that was greatly favoured by his wife. They had seven children: Motoko, Minoru, Kyoko, Ritsu, Susumu, Kazuko and Tatsuo. Later on Susumu married a girl by the name Etsuko, while Minoru married a girl named Natsuko, who had a close relationship with Midori. They had two children, Naoko and Taro. Tsuyoshi married a girl named Asaba "Yuki" Yukiko and had four children with her. Their eldest son was named Hidaki. Their youngest son Tatsuo married a woman named Tazu and had a daughter with her whose name was Eiko.”
 
Riku nodded, and continued to write. They continued doing this - Sora reading and Riku writing down the necessary information. When they finished they fell into a comfortable silence, in which they just dozed from the warmth of the library. Five minutes later, Sora fell asleep, leaning into Riku. Riku smiled softly, and whispered, “Why do you hate me? I love you”
 
X-X-X
 
Sora woke up three hours later, curled up in a ball. He blearily opened his eyes, and wondered where he was. As if in answer, the intercom rang out, “The library will be closing in ten minutes. Could everyone please leave? Thank you. Oh, Quistis, there's a phone call waiting for you”
 
Sora blinked. And blinked again. Then it all hit him.
 
“Tanaka!” He gasped, bolting up. Riku was gone; as were all of the books that Sora had dreaded putting away. He looked around, effectively making the note stuck to his forehead dislodge. It floated onto his lap, and Sora picked it up. He unfolded it, reading the neat print.
 
Idiot,
 
You fell asleep. Lazy ass. I put away everything, though. You SO owe me. I had an appointment, so I had to leave you and your lazy ass. I put the work in your bag, because, ha, you're the one who's going to organize it. Why? Because I said so, and you owe me, remember? I want it done by tomorrow. And if it isn't done I'll ask Ms. Gainsborough to keep us in. You because you're supposed to organize it, me because I have nothing better to do except watch Axel make faces at Roxas, and you'll slack off if I'm not there.
 
And I won't tell anyone about your `dreams'. Is little So-chan growing up?
 
Sora felt his face flush red, and he growled. He crumbled up the note, and trashed it. He grabbed his bag, and he proceeded to stomp out of the library, the look on his face positively murderous. He looked about, noting the long orange rays of sunlight that stretched out across the street. He continued down the path, glancing at his watch, before digging out his wallet. He opened it, and checked to see how much money he had. A small smile flitted across his lips, and he hurried on. Soon the ice-cream parlour came into sight, its cheery pink-and-blue roof standing out. He wandered up to the glass door, and pushing it open, smiling at the little tingle from the bell, said, “Hey, Yuna”
 
Yuna, a pretty young girl with one blue eye and one green eye who was currently partaking in a war of love against Selphie for Tidus' attention, looked up from her magazine, and smiling greeted, “Sora! I haven't seen you for ages! How are things with Tanaka going?”
 
`Well, I'm having weird dreams about him, I went for some two hours without calling him bastard, and I swear I head him say he loved me in my sleep, and every time I see him I feel all floaty and fluttery'
 
“Psh. I wouldn't mind shooting the jerk. Got any sea-salt ice-cream?” Sora replied, glancing over towards the large menu that sat above the counter. Yuna grinned widely, and nodded. She hurried over to the large freezer, and pulled forth a large tub. She slammed it on the counter, and said, “That'll be $10.50, So-ra”
 
Sora handed over the necessary amount, and in turn got a plastic bag with a three litre tub of ice-cream that Roxas was going to devour within fifteen minutes. With the help of Sora, of course.
 
“Thanks, Yuna” Sora said, and turning around he left the store. When he got outside he looked around, realising that it was later than he thought. Dark shadows were started to seep around him. Shivering, Sora ran the rest of the way home, glad when he heard the faint sound of Aerith's pop music drifting from her window, the addition of Roxas' own dark music, and the sound of that weird showed called `Scarred' that Leon and Cloud were so addicted to. The delicious scent of cooking food wafted out to meet him as he opened the door, calling out, “I'm home!”
 
He kicked off his over sized black and yellow sneakers, and padded into the kitchen. Kumeko stood above the stove, her long brown hair tied back in a messy bun. She looked over her shoulder, her heart shaped face framed by a few stray hairs. Her bright blue eyes that both Sora and Roxas had received were smiling, as were her lips.
 
“Welcome back, Sora. We're having spaghetti carbonara for dinner” Kumeko said, returning her attention to the pan of sizzling bacon. Sora grinned widely, and replied, “That's great! I got some ice-cream, too”
 
Kumeko laughed lightly, and waved her hand towards the fridge-freezer. “Well, put it away. Oh, some boy rang up earlier wanting to make sure you got home alright”
 
Sora blinked, stuffing the over-sized tub into the tiny freezer, and said, “Which boy? I know lots of boys. Tidus, Demyx, Zexion, Wakka…”
 
“No, none of those” Kumeko sighed, trying to remember the name. Sora closed the freezer's door, and sidled over to the cupboard that sat above the kitchen counter, and grabbing a glass, filled it with water. Taking a sip, he glanced over to his mother.
 
“I think he said his name was Riku” Kumeko announced, turning off the stove. Sora started to cough violently, spraying water everywhere. Roxas, who had come downstairs in time to catch the last few sentences, burst into gales of laughter, leaning hard on the kitchen table. Kumeko sent her younger twin an odd glance, wondering if he was bipolar. That wasn't the case, though.
 
“Oh my god, Sora” Roxas said when he had pulled himself together. “What on earth was Riku doing ringing here?”
 
Sora took a gulp of water, helping to subside his coughing fit, and he croaked out, “How the fuck should I know?”
 
“Sora! Language!” Kumeko gasped. Sora hung his head sheepishly, and muttered, “Sorry”
 
Kumeko rolled her eyes, and said, “Hn. Fine, fine. You and your brother go upstairs if you're going to swear. I'll call you down for dinner”
 
Sora nodded, and muttering an `alright' stalked past his blonde twin. He grabbed Roxas' hand, and dragged him up the stairs, and into his bedroom. Roxas smirked, and said, teasingly, “Would you mind telling me why your arch enemy is ringing the house wanting to know if you're alive?”
 
Sora flopped onto his messy bed, and whined, “I don't know!”
 
Roxas sighed, and joining Sora said, “Where were you today, anyway?”
 
“At the library” Sora answered, pulling a pillow into his grasp and hugging it like an over-stuffed teddy-bear.
 
“Why on earth were you at the library?” Roxas asked. “Looking up stuff,” Sora replied. He then added on, “But I ran into Tanaka. We did research”
 
Roxas blinked. And blinked again. Finally, he said, “What?”
 
“Well, I was there looking up stuff, and he just popped up, and I guess he was doing work on our assignment, because he stuffed all these books into my arms and told me to read them out loud to him so he could take notes. And then I…fell asleep. And I had this really weird dream - I think - where he said, `Why do you hate me? I love you' and then when I woke up he was gone”
 
Roxas choked on his own spit. Giving Sora and incredulous look, he replied, “Uh huh. Now, tell me, why on earth are you dreaming about Riku confessing his love?”
 
Sora shrugged. “How the hell should I know?”
 
Roxas rolled his eyes, and grabbed Sora's wrist. “Sora, why do you hate Riku?”
 
Sora groaned. “Because he has this look that makes me feel imperfect, and hating him makes the butterflies go away!”
 
Roxas blinked. “Butterflies?” He questioned, confused. Sora nodded, and said, “Yeah. The butterflies! You know how you get that fluttery feeling inside your gut when you wake up on Christmas morning? Or on your birthday?”
 
Roxas nodded. “Well, every time I see Tanaka I get that feeling!” Sora said, waving his arms around. Roxas stared at his twin. Finally, he said, in a serious tone of voice, “Sora. Listen to me; before you go denying it, I need to tell you something. Every time I see Axel, who I love so much it's not funny, I get that feeling. I feel like I'm not worth him, but then he kisses me, or hugs me, and then everything becomes so wonderful. And I think that wasn't a dream. Axel told me that Riku…he's been pining after you for awhile…”
 
Sora stared at his brother, shocked. Then, “A--are you saying that I might like Tanaka? As in like-like?”
 
Roxas nodded, expecting Sora to blow up. But Sora didn't say anything for a few minutes, just staring into space. Finally, he whispered, “And Riku might like-like me back?”
 
Roxas knew Sora had accepted what he felt when he said Riku's first name. “Yeah” Roxas said. Sora's eyes looked over to him, and Roxas smiled.
 
“You should talk to him tomorrow,” Roxas said. Sora nodded, and murmured, “Yeah”
 
“BOYS! DINNER!” Kumeko hollered. Both boys climbed off the bed, and just as they walked out the door Roxas placed his hand on Sora's shoulder.
 
“You feel lighter, don't you? Better?” He asked. Sora looked at his brother, and smiled. Properly. He wore that smile all the way into the kitchen, causing Leon to choke on his coke, and Kumeko to drop the cutlery. Sora hadn't smiled like that since Yasuo had left.
 
“Yeah. A whole lot better,” Sora said.
 
X-X-X
 
Sora spent Sunday thinking, mulling over what he and Roxas had talked about in his head. Come Monday morning, Sora was both a nervous wreck and terribly excited. He stood in the kitchen, shaking and giggling. Cloud watched the boy with interest, vaguely wondering if Sora really was bipolar. Or if he had a really bad cold and was delirious with fever.
 
When it was time to leave, Sora was outright panicking.
 
“Is my hair ok? Is there anything in my teeth? What about acne? Do I have any acne? Oh god, I have acne, don't I?” He worried. Roxas gave Sora an exasperated look, and said, “No, Sora, you don't have acne. You haven't acne since you were thirteen. Your hair is fine, and there's nothing in your teeth. Now let's go, already!”
 
Sora sighed. Sano, with his soft sand-blonde hair and green eyes, smirked, and added, “You'll be fine, kiddo. Go get her. Or him”
 
Sora gave his father figure a shaky smile, and rushed after Roxas out the door. Kumeko walked over to her husband, and said, smiling brightly, “Our little boy's growing up”
 
X-X-X
 
Sora walked into the history classroom, hands shaking and looking about nervously. Demyx was sitting in his normal seat, absentmindedly chewing a pencil. Axel sat in his own seat, but his back was straight and he was wringing his hands. Riku was nowhere to be seen. Sora trekked over to Axel, and poked his shoulder. A pair of emerald eyes slid over him, and Sora asked, “Where's Riku?”
 
Axel didn't even make a comment about Sora usage of Riku's first name. Instead he bit his bottom lip, and grabbed Sora's wrist. He grabbed a pen with his other hand, and scribbled something onto Sora palm. Sora blinked, and looked at it. He's in room 125 was written there. Sora opened his mouth to ask what Axel meant, when said Axel interrupted him.
 
“He was in a car accident. Go”
 
And go Sora did.